[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix /v/? how come a celeb that hasn't been made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 3440x1440px
How do we fix /v/? how come a celeb that hasn't been made yet? /bant/ was created before this? wtf.
>>
OP cant even speak English properly. Fuck off retard.
>>
There should be a containment board for video game culture just like there's a containment board for pokemon and general threads.
>>
>>384386180
>/bant/ was created before this?
Yeah, because /pol/ has grown exponentially in npopulation that they needed a new place for all the off-topic posters on there who keep making "is x degenerate" threads
>>
How about we make a containment board for shitty meta threads like this one?
kys
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 217x232px
>>384386180
Real talk, what's wrong with E-Celeb threads? I see lots of shitposting about banning them, but nobody actually makes an argument for it.
>>
>>384386469
There's nothing wrong with them. It's a meme to hate on them.
>>
>>384386469
/v/ - Video games

not

/v/ Some Asshole With a """videogame related"""" Jewtube channel
>>
>>384386469
because the threads turns into personality drama and no video discussions. go to any of the angry joe threads right now. its nothing but youtube comments and entitlement
>>
>>384386592
>if i call it a meme, i negate all arguements!
>>
File: 1463514247504.gif (1MB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1463514247504.gif
1MB, 315x315px
>>384386469
Go to a thread about Boogie, to take a prominent example. See how long it stays on-topic about his work before it devolves into "LOOK! HE'S FAT! LIKE, REALLY, REALLY FAT! DID I MENTION THAT HE'S FAT?"

Not a shred of game-related discussion to be had, so you might as well kill those worthless threads dead.
>>
>>384386469
well in this board. very rarely eceleb threads have anything to do with vidya games. those are just about some random guys latest tweets or whatever he ate for lunch today.
>>
>>384387034
Shitty logic. You should ban the people that go off-topic.
>>
>>384386619
We're allowed to talk about devs, and gamer culture in general. How are youtubers any different?
>>384386664
Sure, they can get bad sometimes, but tons of topics on here do. It's not like they leech into other threads or anything either. Its easy to ignore it if you don't like it.
>>
>>384387110
>Its easy to ignore it if you don't like it.
This is what "MUH E-CELEB" faggots refuse to admit. They like playing the narrative that /v/ is DROWNING with e-celeb threads and that otherwise great threads would be thriving if they didn't exist. It's all bullshit.
>>
>>384387110
>How are youtubers any different?

because most of them arent videogames
we're not gonna suddenly have vsauce threads just because he made a few videogame related videos
>>
>>384387110
Devs actually work with games.
"Youtubers" are just fags who are trying to win a popularity contest by acting like a massive retard (OH WOW THIS NEW STREAMER BAIT GAME IS AWESOME WATCH ME DO NOTHING AND BASICALLY HOLD A VLOG FOR 10 MINUTES)
>>
>>384386180
>I complain about people who are making actual discussion about stuff that's directly related to vidya

>I do not complain about frogposters, what did he mean by this, >thing happens, and obvious bait threads

If you want /v/ to improve get rid of the people who are shitting this place up with bad memes and bad bait. Stop focusing all your anger on the small number of e-celeb threads filled with people who stay on topic and don't shit up other threads.
>>
>>384387410
I don't see any vsauce threads tho, senpai. Only video game related ecelebs get talked about here.
>>
>>384387497
>b-b-b-b-but other people do stuff too!
Retard
>>
It honestly brightens my day every time I see retards crying about e-celeb threads. They will forever rightfully be /v/idya culture and there's nothing these redditors can do about it.
>>
>>384387564
'no'

>>384387621
Stay mad, Eceleb threads are shit
>>
>>384387621
>talking about an e-celeb body weight, how much money he makes, or what he said
>vidya culture

l0l
>>
File: 1466534547547.png (106KB, 322x332px) Image search: [Google]
1466534547547.png
106KB, 322x332px
I'm watching NCS play Zero Escape. :3
>>
File: DE9DA-XU0AABxJx.jpg (24KB, 319x309px) Image search: [Google]
DE9DA-XU0AABxJx.jpg
24KB, 319x309px
>lets player speed runs vidya
acceptable

>HAHA I LOVE THIS LETS PLAYER BECUASE SHE HAS BIG TITS AND SHE SAID HI TO BE WHEN I DONATED 500$ TO HER
unacceptable
>>
>>384387735
Why would I be mad? I post in vidya related e-celeb threads like I've always been able to. Fags like you weren't around when we had AVGN and GameCenter CX threads without faggots coming in and crying about them.
>>
>>384387924
I've no idea what "vidya culture" is supposed to be, but you're right almost all those threads are like you said.
>>
>>384387924
>or what he said
If what he said is about vidya, then I'll allow it.
>>
>>384388050
>muh funnay jootoober is really funny and stuff also video games
no.
>>
Ignores all
>Pepeposting
>Template post
>DAH CRINGE
>Console war baiting
>/tv/ posting
>Board war baiting
>Ironic internet tough guy shitposting
BUT E-CELEBS ARE RUINING /v/ DURRR.
>>
>>384388283
You forgot to mention /pol/ tier shit.
>>
>>384386469
People who play video games on youtube IS NOT VIDEO GAMES
>>
>>384388050
where do we draw the line?
>>
>>384388436
The problem is that dumb faggots are constantly baiting for /pol/-esque responses and Reddit is more than happy to take the bait.
>>
>/vg/ is for talking and discussing video games
</v/ is for talkin' 'bout vidya, and like it or not lets players are vidya whether you like it or not.

I don't like all the BRAP shit that goes on here but last time reported it I got warned for misusing the system
>>
>>384388283
99% of what you listed was never acceptable to begin. e-celeb somewhere in the area of video and not.
>>
>>384388826
>like it or not lets players are vidya whether you like it or not.
this is the writing level of the average eceleb fan
>>
>>384386412
It didn't change /int/ one bit.
>>
>>384388663
To me, it's very easy. If a thread becomes about this dude's weight or his views on politics or some shit like that, then the mods should come in and delete the offending off-topic posts while keeping the thread alive.

If the thread starts as something off-topic, you just delete the whole thread.

What the faggots like OP often want is just straight deletion on sight for anything related to "e-celebs", because they can't accept that people are interesting in discussing vidya opinions from people other than them.
>>
>>384388960
What's wrong with creating an eceleb board though?
>>
>>384388826
Mods don't delete anything besides fun threads so why bother reporting anything?
>>
>>384389125
Because there's no need whatsoever for it and /v/ doesn't need to be split up even further.
>>
>>384388960
you know how mods work and this is too much moderation. you have to make it easy and clear cut. its either yes or no on celebs, not if.
>>
>>384389240
>need
>need
Ok, there's no need. But is there a reason why there SHOULDN'T be a board for that stuff?
>>
>>384389264
In that case, it's an easy "yes" for me.
After you successfully deal with /pol/ shit, console war, awful bait threads, then you can come for e-celeb shit. Until then, fuck off.
>>
>>384388826
Well I report all eceleb cancer and pubg shilling threads. No problems so far.
>>
It's really painful for me to see all these people defending eceleb threads on /v/
I remember back in 2008 or 2009 when the first let's players and shit like that started to get popular, and /v/ constantly shit on them and threads about them were shitposted to death.
It really shows how much the userbase has changed.
>>
>>384389326
The reason is that we're not fucking reddit. There should be less boards on this site, not more.
>>
>>384388826
>last time reported it I got warned for misusing the system

didn't think this was possible and I report all the time
>>
>>384389264
>you know how mods work
Mass report something you don't like and hope a mod deletes it because of Global Rule 6?
>>
>>384389519
Not true. You're either a newfag or using revisionism. We had AVGN and Gamecenter CX threads with no issues.
>>
>>384389546
What does reddit have to do with this?
Do you know that 2ch, the site that 4chan copied, has a fuckton of boards, and some of them are extremely niche? What's wrong with that?
>>
>>384389546
this guy gets it

remove /pol/
>>
And this is why these threads are doomed to fail, and you will always be laughed at as dumb faggots who will never change anything. Because you don't focus on the actual problems. You just keep bringing up this endless debate of whether or not e-celebs are vidya-related content. That's what this thread always devolves into.

E-celeb threads are still mostly content. You could compromise and focus on cleaning those threads up, making sure there aren't too many of them, banning discussion of people's personal lives that's not vidya-related. But instead you all choose to just stand your soapbox and yell for a little bit, get shouted down, and just become the centre of another worthless shitshow on /v/.

We won't ever achieve anything productive until the anti-celeb fags shut the fuck up. E-celeb threads aren't the main problem with /v/, and they never have been. The problem is the flood of trolls and maymay posters, as well as the redditors and newfriends that give them fuel.

We get it, you don't like e-celebs, now shut the fuck up and either start focusing on the actual problems, or get the fuck out and let the grown-ups handle this.
>>
>>384389704
>this house has too many rooms
>remove the toilet
>>
>>384389704
>removes /pol/
>get /pol/ threads on every board

I will slaughter your family if this happens
>>
Why do people want to sit around and talk about celebs? At least shit like the The Tester got some good OC out of it
>>
Range ban Canada and Yurop.
>>
>>384389704
>lets remove the containment board
kill yourself
>>
>>384389751
>The problem is the flood of trolls and maymay posters, as well as the redditors and newfriends that give them fuel.
If you don't see that the same people are the ones promoting ecelebs and 'gayming culture', I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>384389917
>implying that /pol/ can contain anything
>>
>>384390020
They're not. Very easy for you to conflate all the people you dislike together when you're a brainlet.
>>
>>384386469
making threads about e-celebs is the same as making threads about tripfags.
the only difference between them is their popularity.

/v/ is for videogames, it's not a tabloid for girls.
>>
File: [Laughter stops].jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
[Laughter stops].jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>384386180
>didn't point out the frog thread
>didn't point out the joker shitpost thread
>didn't point out the discord cancer thread
>didn't point out console war threads
>didn't point out YT thread
>didn' point out the anime shitpost thread right next to hollow knight
You don't deserve to talk about fixing this board op
>>
>>384389546
>we're not fucking reddit
but that's wrong
pretty sure 90% of the posters here are plebbitors and 4chan is basically reddit-lite
also if you go to reddit you'll see a lot of overlap with this place

face it, normalfags and literal children have long overtaken this board
[source: I browse reddit]
>>
>>384390020
>If you don't see that the same people are the ones promoting ecelebs and 'gayming culture', I don't know what to tell you.

Wow, I didn't know we were on fucking TUMBLR where everything wrong with the board is a simple black and white answer.
>>
>>384390046
>implying a containment board doesn't reduce the shit posting

I guess you weren't here when MLP started
>>
>>384390135
How do you know they're not?
>>
>>384390173
this board is unfixable when the mods remove videogame related threads and keep all that trash up
>>
>>384386180
>7/150 threads
>needs fixing
How about this as a fix, just ignore threads you don't like.
>>
http://poal.me/571w5c
>>
>>384390260
>changes words senpai, baka, desu so that people use them less

oh they can fix the cancer
>>
File: 1496335502083.jpg (92KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496335502083.jpg
92KB, 1024x1024px
>>384389751
>The problem is the flood of trolls and maymay posters, as well as the redditors and newfriends that give them fuel.

this
but there's no way to solve it
4chan has become very (in)famous throughout the years
chanoloy was only the beginning, stuff like fappening, gamurgate and the 2016 elections brought massive attention to this site

at this point you'll find an r/4chan post on the frontpage of reddit, the 7th biggest site on the internet, almost every day
and there's regular mentions of 4chan, /pol/, /r9k/ across all of reddit

there is no way to save 4chan anymore and the only reason I'm staying on this sinking ship is because I have nowhere else to go
>>
>>384390197
It completely depends on what kind of shit it is.
/vg/ did jackshit and actally made /v/ worse.
/r9k/ enabled this "I'm such a loser ;_;, tfw no girlfriend" wasn't self-depreciation but actual sincerity.
/vp/ just got replaced by actual furry posting.
>>
>>384386180
Someone mind defining what makes a person an e-celeb? Because that definition gets blurrier with each passing day
>>
>>384386469
E-celebs don't have qualifications to be worth even a second of listening to.
>>
>>384390213
>>384390020
You're delusional. You are literally hallucinating.
>>
>>384390932
Great argument
>>
>>384386469
>haha hey guys lets make ANOTHER SBFP thread!
>whoa did you see that [homo]'s GF left him???
>omg [homo] btfo looks like [based] won after all
>hehe yeah i cant believe he said that she said that xir said they should get hawaiian pizza xD
>whoa I sure do love discussing videogames!
I'm honestly just fucking sick of these threads having LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH VIDEOGAMES. If you made a thread about Todd Howard every fucking day where you just discussed his personal life (whoa did you guys see his new shoes?? etc) it would be almost as bad. The key difference is that Todd's personal life might actually affect a game whereas NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FUCKING RETARDED FAT AMERICAN YOUTUBE """"CREATOR""""" BECAUSE ALL THEY DO IS GIVE SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT THE WORK OF OTHER PEOPLE. Fuck me you may as well post about Gordon Ramsay because at least he has games unlike douchebagphil or whichever cunt has the latest thread
>>
dsp threads are fine
>>
>>384386469
If I post gameplay on to youtube am I suddenly /v/ material?
>>
>>384391539
OMG WHAT DID YOU EAT LAST NIGHT? THIS IS TOTALLY VIDEO GAMES!
>>
>>384390812
>admitting you browse /vg/, /r9k/, and /vp/

you need to leave.
>>
>>384386469
For the same reason we dont allow fucking blog threads.
This board has literally one rule and you faggots cant follow it
TALK
ABOUT
VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>384391539
You are if you have enough viewers to be part of the discussion. If you only have 100 viewers, then you're a shill shilling yourself and should be banned.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.