[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a classic 4chan /v/ 2009 image regarding the lack of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: generic western design.jpg (243KB, 1186x1455px) Image search: [Google]
generic western design.jpg
243KB, 1186x1455px
This is a classic 4chan /v/ 2009 image regarding the lack of diversity within Western videogames and how boring their protagonists are.

(Max Payne 3's reveal trailer was in 2009 showing a bald Payne)

I personally think the industry has done better for themselves.
>>
... though I'm sure this image will put neo/v/, and /pol/'s knickers in a twist.
>>
the answer is obviously to go all the way in the other direction

what are you, an islamophobe
>>
>>384376983
All that matters is sales. And if you really think appealing to niggers and third worlders will somehow boost your sales then by all means go for it.
>>
>>384377782

I think there's too many White, Hispanic or Black males or females in gaming.

I don't like the series but Prey is cool, native American in the first game and a Japanese boy/girl is pretty different.

Also I would legit play as a muslim in Insurgency or something that shit is always funny.
>>
File: generic.png (40KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
generic.png
40KB, 630x630px
It's always, always, design by committee. It's just that now people think adding coloured folk sells
They don't actually give a shit about representation or whatever nonsense they're spouting, it's all about money
>>
File: IMG_1803.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1803.gif
2MB, 330x166px
We need more Native American protagonists, first Prey was a great example of this even if it was literally just we wuz bowmen n shieeet.
>>
>>384378187
>>384376983
The reason why they're usually white men is because most people who play these game are white men/boys. The reason why they're all bald is because hair is hard to model and render convincingly, especially on a player character that's going to be on-screen all the time, so any flaws quickly become obvious. Just think of how many characters have "hair" that looks more like molded plastic than anything natural.

There's no agenda, it just makes sense.
>>
>2009
>classic
Your reddit is showing. And it wasn't a commentary on race -- though I'm sure your dangerhair friends appreciate the cherrypicking -- but rather a criticism of the bland, hyperrealism that plagued AAA gaming at the time, and arguably to this day.
>>
>>384376983
I don't understand how someone could feel that they are/are not "represented" in a game. Now this could be due to me being incapable of self inserting, so I'll give the issue some benefit of the doubt.

But I still think this is all just manufactured controversy.
>>
>>384376983
>tf2
>l4d
>games with character customization
Why do people always pollute these lists with awful examples of what they're whining about?
>>
>>384378782
>le me, a jaded 4chan veteran

embarrassing
>>
>>384378782

Point out where race is in the OP? A lot of the characters are White but also some Hispanic and Slavic characters.
>>
>>384378894
Empowerment through victimhood and a healthy dose of sour grapes
>>
What's the point of shoving Mario and TF2's Heavy in there, on top of a British TV show?

It just makes the whole thing incongruous.
>>
>>384378936

Mario is there dude. Eastenders is there too dude. The core reasoning of the image wasn't a joke, though.
>>
>>384377915
Mafia 3 is the best selling mafia game, and fastest selling 2K game ever
>>
>>384378971
>regarding the lack of diversity within Western videogames
>>
>>384376983
>Mario with a baldcap
>>
>>384379090
It also came out 6 years after Mafia 2 and had way more marketing, as well as youtubers and shit.
>>
File: 1472323062120.png (84KB, 263x275px) Image search: [Google]
1472323062120.png
84KB, 263x275px
>>384376983
>Eastenders
>>
>>384379147

What's diverse about 20 bald men?
>>
>>384379147
Diversity doesn't have to be about race, you idiot.

If there's a white bald man, a black bald man, a brown bald man and a yellow bald man, they're all different races but you can still say there's not much diversity.
>>
>>384379749
When has diversity ever meant anything but "too many whiteys"?
>>
>>384379928

Did you learn your English on Twitter? Holy shit.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.