[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the consensus on this game? I've seen people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

So what's the consensus on this game?

I've seen people talking about it for a while now and it seems a bit mixed, some love it and praise it, while others fucking hate it.

The thing that's kept me from picking it up and trying it out myself is the fact it's a console game. I absolutely despise any game that has shooting in some form that has to be played on a controller. It just feels so unresponsive and clunky, is it any different in this game?

I guess just general opinions on Horizon: ZD thread?
>>
Console war bait game. It can't be discussed on /v/. You have to take the leap of faith if you really want to find out.
>>
>>384363791
Very overrated
>>
>>384363950
How are the controls though? Is there a big focus on shooting or are there other methods of combat?
>>
>>384364030
>How are the controls though?

They're the best ever. t sonygro
They're shit. t nintoddl3r

You'll never know unless you play it. If a game's not on every platform just forget about trying to learn anything about the game. /v/ has become that cancerous.
>>
>>384363791
sonyfags are goign to say its a perfect 10/10
pc fags are going to say its a 0/10

its honestly probably somewhere in the middle, too bad you'll never know for sure
>>
>>384364119
>Talks about /v/ being cancer
>Posts cancer responses

You're a fucking idiot, OP asks a question about the game and you just literally encourage the same console war you're complaining about.
>>
>>384363791
Its good and has tight responsive combat in a open world setting.. a first by all accounts, enemies are also much better than the usual open world dregs you get, it also looks better than most other games even when compared to non open world games.
>>
>>384363791
You ever played any Far Cry or AssCreed? Yeah, it's exactly like that except with dude robot dinos lmao xD.
A solid 6/10 desu.
>>
>>384363791
8/10. Play on Very Hard.
>>
>>384364665
Ultra Hard*
>>
>>384363791
I feel it's overrated. It's definitely good. The robots are really cool and the world is absolutely gorgeous. Story is OK.

But it's a pretty standard open-world game, does nothing new. Worth a playthrough if you own a Ps4.
>>
>>384363791
It's a game you'll play once and forget.
>>
>>384364754
>Tearing robot dinosaurs down piece by piece isn't new.
>>
>>384364030
There're traps you can use, but most of the combat is ranged. It's clunky, but simple enough to compensate for it.
Is a pretty ok game overall, buy it if there's a good discount.
>>
>>384365383
I genuinely enjoy the combat. It feels fresh as fuck. You gotta play on Very Hard or Ultra Hard, though.
>>
>>384364030
Bow is just as you would expect, there's also melee which for some reason is pretty slow but has this strange auto-aim dragging your character to the enemy each hit.

Apart from that, there's also traps that you can set and you can turn monsters against one another.

I bought it, played about halfway and then dropped it. But for the majority of the game that I played, I used melee and traps, with bow every now and again.
>>
Sonyfag here. It's mediocre. Combat is fun for a couple hours, visuals are fantastic. Story is dog shit, Aloy is annoying and ugly.
>>
>>384363791
Main character is fuck ugly
"Pretty" graphics concealed behind fog
Uninspiring combat
Zero technology (see video where MC is swimming)
Jerky animations
Literally empty world
SJW bullshit
Everyone has already moved on
MC looks like John Travolta
>voiced by Ashley Burch
>>
>>384365173
It's just moster hunter ultra-lite without what makes it fun
>>
>>384365804
This is how exactly I felt. The armor/weapons customization is god awful too, especially the armors.

It's an alright game, but nothing amazing.
>>
>>384365790
Why would you post outright lies or memes?
That might have worked first few days after release but it's too late for that now.
>>
>>384365173
He doesn't mean the content isn't new he's saying that the open world formula that the game follows is the same. Whether or not that's a good or bad thing I dunno.

>>384363791
OP if you're interested in the game already you will enjoy it. The robots look and act amazing and once you get to the bigger, harder robots they're a thrill to fight. Controls I never had an issue with either. Also play on very hard or it'll be too easy, or at least change to very hard mid game which is what I did. I put in 60 hours in the end.

I've never seen it mentioned but a lot of the story missions require you to read a lot, especially late game. I didn't have an issue because I was pretty invested into the world and story but I could imagine if you weren't it'd be underwhelming.

Plus the expansion is coming out in a couple of months so it's a good time to buy.
>>
>>384363791
combat feels a bit like uncharted with all the stealth.
running around in the world can be compared with witcher 3.
>>
>>384366140
Zero Dawn is different, though. There's a limited amount of collectibles. The points of interest come with some of the best lore ever. The towers are moving dinosaurs you gotta climb as they walk.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.