[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play Witcher 1 >get to chapter IV >dat comfy atmosphere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Cutscene_Abi_saved_2.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Cutscene_Abi_saved_2.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>play Witcher 1
>get to chapter IV
>dat comfy atmosphere
>dat comfy soundtrack
>dem feels
i wasn't prepared for this
>>
Dandelion is totally best bro.
>>
>>384362915
Witcher 1 is on my top 10 games easly.

Project Red are the true goats of the west:

We managed to produce something that resembled a living world, where folk had their jobs and lifestyles. They’d leave their homes in the morning, visit the local tavern after work to unwind, then go home to their families come evening. Merchants would hawk their wares, guardsmen would patrol Vizima’s back streets

>crude tools and lack of experience

We made up for it with passion, commitment and plain hard work — and that’s why, in spite of everything, the game was a success,
>>
File: 1452435524523.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452435524523.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
Someone please give me the encouragement to play the Witcher, I honestly closed it as it began so I know I haven't given it a chance yet.
>>
>>384364707
The only way is to pretend, to be back in 2007 and act like a kid with no expectations.

We all now how shit this game looks and feels at first, but when you are in it, you are fucking in it. Great story, decent writing, very realistic atmosphere, big potion system and a really long skill tree for an adventure game.
>>
Plebs should stay away as far as possible from this game.
>>
File: 1403440421636.gif (267KB, 159x161px) Image search: [Google]
1403440421636.gif
267KB, 159x161px
>>384364707
It's no secret that it's a flawed low production value game, but given that many people list it as one of their favorite games of all time (myself and >>384364428 for starters), it's a good idea to at least give it a fair chance. The prologue and the first act are a bit weaker and second act has major pacing issues even though the story picks up, but later acts, Act IV in particular, are universally considered by far the best parts of the game as it's even more exceptional in terms of the game's standout qualities (atmosphere, music, slavic charm) and doesn't suffer from pacing issues like the first two acts. I've shilled for TW1 a lot over the years and I can't think of encountering one person who finished the game and didn't end up liking it (loads of people who hated it and abandoned it, though).

Let's put it this way: if you like the finale of the first act, there's a very good chance you'll ultimately end up liking the game a lot even if the game up to that point was a bore (although it's worth noting a lot of people enjoy the game from start till end). It doesn't take that long to reach that point (although you should pay attention instead of trying to skip everything), maybe 5 hours, so it's probably a good idea to play that far and then decide if you want to continue.
>>
>>384363624
Zoltan is. When the white frost comes Zoltan's the one who has your back no questions asked, while dandelion is too busy with some whores.
"b-but m-muh serial killer, m-muh priscilla". Fuck off, worst bro
>>
File: Loading_Black_Tern_island_day.png (737KB, 1024x654px) Image search: [Google]
Loading_Black_Tern_island_day.png
737KB, 1024x654px
Best place in the entire series
>>
File: 1483329085608.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483329085608.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>384365786
I disagree
>>
>>384365786
Without a question. I can remember first time getting there, it felt kinda unreal, like a fairy tale and I think Gerald felt the same way.
>>
Lads I just fought the evil salamandra mage dude in the swamp and I've been really bored. I don't find the main or side stories interesting and the combat is obviously terrible.

Should I press on or give up? I'm on a hiatus with it and don't feel like going back.
>>
>>384366064
>the combat is obviously terrible.
bait
>>
>>384366064
if you don't like it when you're in Chapter 3 then you just won't like it anyway
>>
>>384366064
If you sometimes end up hating games after finishing them, stop playing.

But if mods and proper dedication to the atmosphere do not help you, I can't say what will.
>>
>>384366064
Pacing issues largely disappear with Act 3 and Acts 4 and 5 are universally considered the best. If you persevered that far, you must not hate the game too much, and consequently will probably like the later parts.
>>
>>384366064
If you don't like the story then you probably don't like it

Everything gets better in the sequels but the characters, world, atmosphere etc. stays the same so the whole series is probably just not for you
>>
great game
>>
>>384366064
I'd say press on, you already finished chapter 2 so you have the worst part of game finished. At first i hated tw1 with passion but then i finished chapter 2 and 3 and the rest of the game is good enough to elevate this game to the classic category.
>>
File: 1497238549049.jpg (135KB, 387x455px) Image search: [Google]
1497238549049.jpg
135KB, 387x455px
>There will never be a game series as comfy as The Witcher
>>
I fucking love Witcher 1
I don't care about "muh comfy atmosphere" but I enjoy the writing and characters and combat
I also think people crying about the swamp are fucking retards. Just go to whoever you need to talk to in a straight line and ignore the drowners, it's even easier than navigating the city
>>
mfw cant keep steady 60fps on witcher 1

is FCR worth installing or is it shit?
>>
It's a master piece I really feel bad for those who can't get into because muh graphics muh shit combat it's because those people the industry is so shitty now, at least western games best witcher of 3
>>
>>384370483
Witcher 1 has always run like shit
>>
>tfw still can't make myself play 3
why the hell is it like this bros? I quit Witcher 1 like 3 times before I finally made myself get past the tutorial chapter and I fucking loved every second of it later on.
Same with Witcher 2, it was horrendous at the start, but when I finally stopped dying due to the shitty combat I started to have fun.
Witcher 3 feels great but I just don't feel like playing it at all
>>
>>384365762
In Dandelion's defense he is often a proactive rather than reactive friend.

You find Zoltan and he helps you out when asked without question.

Dandelion finds You and then helps you out without question.
>>
>>384371717
Same here, although I really liked Witcher 1 and played through it multiple times. Can't for the life of me get myself through 3.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.