[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

53 KB JPG >read a guide for the first 5 hours because I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
53 KB JPG
>read a guide for the first 5 hours because I was fucking stuck for 4 hours in undead burg/parish
>figured out stat scaling, got to Darkroot Garden and stopped reading the guide soon after (seriously, how was I supposed to figure out stat scaling and weapon upgrading without the guide??)
>Now in Anor Londo
>Having a blast every step of the way
>30 hours deep in this bitch
>Now really regret reading the guide for the first few levels

Why didn't /v/ tell me this was so fucking great? You guys bitch about so much. It's honestly one of the best games I've played in the last few years. I was playing TW3 and I completely forgot about that (not a diss to TW3, I'll get back to it... eventually). Is SOTFS and III worth checking out after I beat this game?
>>
>>384349616
>You guys bitch about so much.

You fucking what? /v/ loves this game, it's praised it since release, alongside the sequels.

Do you even come here?
>>
Theres a help button that lets you go through everything in the stat screen and explains it
>>
>>384349727
Yup and Everytime I do everyone is bitching about Dark Souls
>>
>>384349616
>You guys bitch about so much.
???
It's one of the most beloved game here, despite it's obvious glaring flaws after the Lord Vessel.
>>
>>384349616
i pretty much brute forced the game on the first playthrough. Got stuck on taurus for a couple of hours, so i decided to grind 10 levels or so, and after that it became slightly easier and i was able to do it.
Taurus took me 12 tries, other than that the worst one was asterix and obelix which took me 4 tries. Oh and i forgot to do the dlc until ng+3 so when i went to kalameet the bitch took me like 14 tries because basically everything he did one-shotted me. but i eventually got him
>>
SOFTS is on par or better depending on your taste.

DS3 has the best bossfights and music.

Dont let the hate train from /v/ influence you
>>
>>384350139
SOTFS is even worse than DS2
>>
Playing thru Sotfs right now and some of the new enemy placements are pretty bad and they even outright got rid of some cool enemies for no reason, id say play 3 since its a more direct sequel anyway, and bloodborne. If you have a ps3 get demon souls. Best darksouls 2 is probably OG version but on pc so its less ugly
>>
About to start playing DS II
Any tips ? Loved Dark Souls but never was compelled to play its sequels. Any good starting gear ?
>>
>>384349616
don't bother with the sequels, they're nothing but disappointment compared to 1 and DeS.
>>
>>384351032
Expect slower combat, every action has a huge delay after and knowing that before hand will save you a lot of frustration, also you need 105 agility to get regular fastroll i frames
>>
SOTFS is my overall favorite in the series.

>dat default 60 FPS
>dat weapon variety
F Red Iron Twinblade
>dat seamless world just like the first one
>amazing secrets, I'm still stuck on the Darklurker today
>most interactive areas, loved the Undead Crypt

Really just everything about 2 is amazing, Majula is a much better hub than Firelink.
>>
>>384351549
>>dat seamless world just like the first one
'no'
>>
i actually enjoy these games A LOT more after knowing everything about them.
>>
>>384351032

Dual caestus build is the most fun run through I've had of any of the Souls games. Bare chest is a must. A shame it never made a return.
>>
>>384351274
Do bother with BB though, it's great.
>>
>>384349616
Dark souls 2 is shit, play demons souls and bloodborne
>>
>>384350657
Only have an Xbox one senpai :(
>>
>>384349938
Learn to separate trolls and contrarians from actual criticism.
>>
>>384351673
>can travel anywhere by foot without loading screens
'yes'

Go back to Teleport Souls 3.
>>
>>384349616
>>read a guide for the first 5 hours because I was fucking stuck for 4 hours in undead burg/parish

KILL YOURSELF NOW
>>
>>384349910
this
>>
>>384349616
>53 KB JPG
>>
>>384349616
Both sequels are worth playing, 3 more so than 2.
3 is like a polished version of Dark Souls, more challenging bosses, looks nicer, combat feels more fluid.
>>
>>384351032
Just go in blind. DS2 has a surprising amount of build and weapon variety, and almost everything is viable.
If anything, you should look up how the weight/rolling/iframes changed.
>>
>>384351278
>fastroll
>regular
Fucking casuals. I midrolled through the entire first game just fine. Even then I felt like the iframe window was really generous.
>>
>>384351032
choose a build, DEX/STR or magic stuffs.
also before anything else get ADP up to 20 or so no matter what character youre playing.
dont worry, levels come really fast in Dark souls 2.
>>
>why didn't /v/ tell me this was so great?
Because they're too busy shitposting about why they hate 2 and 3 instead of talking about why they love 1.
also
>coming to /v/ for opinions on videogames
>>
File: 0 ADP.png (36KB, 1026x463px) Image search: [Google]
0 ADP.png
36KB, 1026x463px
>>384353741
You don't need ADP
>>
File: DaS2 hitboxes.webm (288KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DaS2 hitboxes.webm
288KB, 400x400px
>>384353741
>>384353935
>>
>>384351032
Expect clunky combat, simple bosses, difficulty is basically throwing in a bunch of otherwise easy mobs that you'll engage at the same time, there's no learning or improving.

Oh and the universe feels completely unattached from the other two games.

Have fun.
>>
>>384354129
>multidirectional rolling
>as opposed to the 8-direction-funneled rolling in DaS
>clunky combat
Nigra the combat can only be considered clunky if you keep your ADP purposefully low
>>
I did most of the probing and area exploration on my own, only used guides to point me in the right direction when I was lost.
>>
>>384354080
>the nigger dropping
every fucking time
>>
Hahah

People falling in a bot thread. Dumb fucks
>>
>>384354194
I know what you're trying to say but quantity doesn't always trump quality.
There was something seriously off with the character movement in general in DS2. The way it interacted with level geometry, the animations, etc. It just felt wrong.
>>
It's only clunky because they haven't played it.

All Dark Souls games feel clunky at first, and just like the Tekken series, the speed of each game also sped up with each release.

So, while Tekken was a great fighting game, Tekken 3 makes it look like complete shit.
>>
>>384356520
Not saying Dark Souls 3 is actually good with that analogy, just saying the speed of the game has dramatically changed overtime. I still think Dark Souls 3 is shit though.
>>
File: fit in.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fit in.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>384356604
>>
>>384349616
Ignore all the miserable faggots in this thread.

ALL the Souls games and Bloodborne are great.
>>
>>384349616
>read a guide for the first 5 hours because I was fucking stuck for 4 hours in undead burg/parish
>stuck in undead burg/parish
>>
>>384356671
>and Bloodborne are great.
typical sonyfag
>>
>>384356931
Literally what.
>>
I enjoyed the atmosphere, NPCs and lore of Dark Souls 1 the most making it the most enjoyable to explore and find shit in; the punishing for not knowing what is to come spells/equipment-wise, however, made it extremely grindy if unaware of wtf you were wanting to do from the get go.

I enjoyed the variety of gear/playstyles/fashion of Dark Souls 2 the most, the lolrandumb selection of enemies just kinda around in places for seemingly no reason the least.

I enjoyed the boss battles and gameplay/graphix advancements of Dark Souls 3 the most, its lack of variety in customization both in playstyle and looks the least, and its world feels the weakest of the series in retrospective only because it adds nothing new, simply using concepts all other games have already used.
>>
>>384352649
doesn't make it seamless when you go to random locations in an instant, look at the retarded level design of 2.
>>
File: 1494398833645.gif (546KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
1494398833645.gif
546KB, 500x288px
I loved DaS1, have like 250 hours into it. Somehow I couldn't get into DaS2 however. Always ended up downloading it, realize controls were different and then uninstall after 5 minutes of walking around. Because there's no DSFix, I just couldn't be bothered or something.

Two days ago I went through the same again, and realized the controls are actually quite ok and that there's plenty of room to change it in the settings. Especially turning off that double click shit, goddamn. Now I'm five hours in and had three attempts on The Pursuer so far. Doesn't seem too hard, but I don't feel like wasting Human Effigies so I'm playing on practically no HP, really. Not sure what I'm going to do about that yet.

Game looks good, but I'm regretting the fact that I'm not bad at it. First DaS1 playthrough was just fucking magical, man. 'get gud' really meant something back then.
>>
>>384349616
The reason people bitch about Dark Souls in particular is because it has the worst combat in the series (aside from potentially Dark Souls 2), the worst weapons in the series, and some of the most gamebreaking oversights in the series (poise, DWGR, etc), completely lackluster enemies/bosses compared to later games, and a good portion of the levels are completely undercooked... And that's just the objective flaws if you just compare it to other games in the series.
>>
>>384357363
Are you fucking retarded? You're just trying to bitch about it, whether the level design is good or not has nothing to do with it being seamless. Stop parroting what you hear on /v/ jesus christ.
>>
>>384349616
DS2 is quantity over quality, if it wasnt for the quality of the animations and sound/VA, you could mistake it for a souls-like knock off, like lords of the fallen
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.