[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never fully gave this game a chance but now i am and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 23

File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 160x240px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 160x240px
I never fully gave this game a chance but now i am and it's pretty damn good, i'd even go as far to say it's better than bloodbourne which i started playing yesterday.
>>
yeah, no
>>
>>384344178
bb is a lot easier than dark souls 2
>>
>>384344341
difficulty =/= quality
>>
>>384344341
B-Battleborn??
>>
File: 1499616712300.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1499616712300.png
2MB, 1600x900px
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>384344496
I can see you sleeping randy.
>>
>>384344095
DS2 really is a magnum opus of game design, lovingly crafted, hobby grade made for gamers experience.

The iteration and improvements in the form of an all new remastered edition only shows the passion and dedication the team had to it.

It's beautiful.
>>
>>384344545
I'm starting to fucking hate Dark Souls 3. I beat it once but I can't beat it again, I keep dying constantly, I don't feel like I've gotten any good at the game at all.

Every boss is fuckhuge and fast most of the time I'm inside someones anus unable to see shit OOPs I died in one hit. You're getting your ass kicked in an area? Well TOO BAD because the game is linear

I'm fucking mad as fuck, I just beat DS2 sotfs and I felt wonderful but now I'm playing this piece of shit game DS3 and I feel like killing myself
>>
>>384344935
The real question is ds3 worth picking up for $20 im really debating doing this.
>>
>>384344545
>great weapons on your off hand go over your shoulder as well

>Overusing stamina results in a slower attack and no running until it's fully restored

>ring upgrades have downsides
>>
>>384345024
Yeah sure. Play it once and then never touch it again
>>
>>384345069
What about the dlc is that worthy of picking up the complete edition?
>>
Replaying it too, i have to say, some of the new enemy placements are just straight up worse than the original. For example the first lost bastile courtyard is now 6 dogs and a bunch of imperial swordsman archers, and remember those cool and unique enemies in the bottom of sinners rise? They just got rid of them for no reason and threw in the boss you almost JUST fought as a regular enemy. God i hope they didnt just completely scrap them, they were both cool looking and challenging and pretty much made up for that area being non existant
>>
>>384345182
Also getting rid of almost all the baddies in arount the first forest of fallen giants and throwing in an ogre that you need to go out of your way to agro completely ruined what was a fun well designed little area
>>
>>384344758
>DS2 really is a magnum opus of game design, lovingly crafted, hobby grade made for gamers experience.
>shows the passion and dedication the team had to it.
The fuck? I'm replaying it right now and holy shit level design is more shit than vanilla and hell, even Chalice Dungeons designed much better than this piece of shit
>>
>>384345182
I don't remember seeing them anywhere in sotfs. It was kinda weird because you could fight the boss clone before fighting flexible sentry.

I never had a problem with the original game, so I'm just confused they decided to fuck with enemy placement. At least it made for an exciting replay because I didn't know what to expect
>>
>>384345024
>>384345069
It's worthy, if you really liked DS1, but thought there's some problems with it
Because DS3 is what actual DS2 should've been
Hope you're not that kind of guy who loves "interconnectivity" of DS1 levels where every map is just mashed into each without that much thought
>>
>>384344545
I love DS2 the most but DS3 did introduced some great changes to the series like separate invetory slot for covenants and being able to change them on the fly as well as making armour non-upgradable. But that's about all positives I can come up with.
>>
>Rushed, lacks polish
>Retarded floppy combat, weight of character all over the place
>I-frames are a stat
>I-frames
>Stat
>Story that lacks all the depth of original
>Worst level design in series, if it isn't a castle its a cave (one or two exceptions)
>Basically ever boss is a humanoid that I can't even remember the names or movesets of despite playing this game over 4 times
Still better than most games, atleast it had good PvP and the DLC's were a noticeable improvement.
>>
Pre-ordered this, played it day one, got to the lava boss and then I uninstalled and never played it again, even gimped myself with a meme character but it just sucks Tbh
>>
>>384345674
Thats pretty sad, unique enemies like that were the thing that made the game for me and they just straight up got rid of them
>>
>>384345875
>fast paced combat just as DS1 and not retarded slowmotion shit that DS2 have
>good looking armors without "it's made with plastic"-shit that DS2 have
>good structure of levels and well designed placement of enemies with actual thought
>>
>>384346046
>fast paced combat just as DS1 and not retarded slowmotion shit that DS2 have
DS2 slower pace serves more justice to the series' fighting techniques. DS3 is a Bloodborne wannabe.
>good looking armors without "it's made with plastic"-shit that DS2 have
That's engine's problems. DS3 looked better from the technical standpoint, but DS2 has bigger variety for Fashion Souls.
>good structure of levels and well designed placement of enemies with actual thought
DS3 is the most linear in the series, not sure what are you talking about.
>>
So I just started playing dark souls 1, never played any other souls game, and I'm fighting the first boss Asylum demon and I gotta say the hit box is shit. Hitting near the belly misses so often. Keyboard and Mouse controls wonky.
Target lock system combined with poor hit box is the only thing that makes this boss hard.
>>
>>384346169
>DS3 is a Bloodborne wannabe
So DS1 too, you fuckhead?
>DS2 has bigger variety for Fashion Souls
I only agree with that one
>is the most linear in the series
And? How is it bad?
>>
>>384346241
>Don't play with keyboard and mouse
>Use a controller, trust us.
>Install Dsfix
>You're probably just aiming down
>If I recall asylum demon does have a weird belly so hitbox is off, either that or you're not locking on and you're distance is off
>>
File: 1488527518681.jpg (51KB, 419x208px) Image search: [Google]
1488527518681.jpg
51KB, 419x208px
>>384346390
Stop greentexting every sentence.
>>
>>384346338
>So DS1 too, you fuckhead?
There's clear difference between DS1 and DS3. If you calmed a bit you realized that. DS3 went as far as making shields and armour properties nigh obsolete. It's very clear that DS3 was very much influenced by BB.

>And? How is it bad?
Well if you're into linear games it's not, I suppose, but as far as I'm aware people always praised DS1, at least its first part, for being openworld-ish and locations being interconnected.
>>
>>384346451
Stop using Yotsuba B.
>>
>>384344935
It's the opposite for me. I'm doing my second playthrough and tearing through it with little to no trouble.
>>
>>384345030
>ring upgrades have downsides
They do? What are they?
>>
>>384346623
weight
>>
>>384346390
Yes keyboard and mouse does seem inferior.
Is there a pause in this game? Some way to pause and reload instantly incase you get hit too early in a fight and might as well just retry?
>>
>>384345768
I do like ds2's variety of mapping, haven't played much ds1.
>>
>>384344095
I started with DS3, and played all the games including DeS. and DS2 is my favorite
>>
>>384346662
Nope, part of the charm in fact. I don't like the "teh dark souls hardcore so it's good thing", but it certainly does contribute to why the games investing and engaging. Just pay attention to movesets, watch your stamina and roll and you really should be fine. Did I mention pay attention. Pay attention.
>>
Dark Souls innovates on Demon Souls
Dark Souls II SotFS perfects Dark Souls formulae
Dark Souls III is a bastardized version of Dark Souls mixed with Bloodborne

There are two reasons DSII is hated around here:
>The release debacle since the original version really was in a shitty state and bullshots turned out to be lies
>It's way harder than the original Dark Souls

Personally DSIII just feels so bad to me as a person who has also played Bloodborne, it's absolutely no fun and not very Soulslike in regards to the first two games. The main driver in making DSIII the way it is was that From couldn't bring Bloodborne to the pc and they knew that pc babbies were going crazy over it, so they gave them a bastardized version. Console players would just play it anyways.
>>
>>384344095
It's shit and the PvP is also shit.
>muh build variety
>every build is the same robflynns double nigger ice rapier/warped sword/longsword that plays without lock on
>the actual """varied""" builds are utterly useless against anyone with a brain
>game still controls like shit
wow!
>>
>>384346902
See>>384345947
>>
>>384346902
You're trying too hard.
>>
>>384346507
Yes, there's a difference because DS3 improved everything
You could play just as fast as BB in DS1 too, if you don't remember
>influenced by BB
Wasn't, but it had some things with "techniques" one
>Well if you're into linear games it's not, I suppose, but as far as I'm aware people always praised DS1, at least its first part, for being openworld-ish and locations being interconnected.
As I said "openworldish" and "interconnected" DS1 levels aren't that good because most of the locations are mashed into each other without second thought like sewers connected to blighttown and blighttown connected to vulcanic shit and Ash Lake
It is bad, not good
DS3 with linearity still has that cool thing - you could see locations "that will come" from first ones, and you could feel that it's actually designed with thought what is supposed to be standing there, not something like Anor Londo>Crystal mumbo jumbo castle right around
>>
>>384346729
DS3 has just as much variety, but it's more linear
Also if you're into slowish gameplay that DS2 has then I think you wouldn't like it much
>>
>>384347008
See >>384346960
>>
>>384347008
>Yes, there's a difference because DS3 improved everything
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>A third of the game is a swamp
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>>
>>384346902
>Dark Souls III is a bastardized version of Dark Souls mixed with Bloodborne
Sure buddy
>There are two reasons DSII is hated around here: It's way harder than the original Dark Souls
Damn sure buddy
>>
>>384346910
Too bad everyone will ignore your reply, because the people that make these threads don't even play the game, they are just autistic falseflaggers.
>>
>>384346902
I like DS2 dearly but it's not more difficult than DS1, not at all.
>>
>>384346910
PvP is fun and that's because you can win against someone who has OP gear, it just takes leveling up to not struggle, mabie you are just bad.
>>
>>384347185
>mostly bitching about pvp shit, poise shit and magic shit
Go play your obnoxious DS2 then
>>
>>384347329
>mabie u just bad
I could shit on you on dark souls 2 easily, what platform are you on. DaS2 PvP fucking SUCKS, DaS1 PvP is better in every concievable way.
>>
File: gee.jpg (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
gee.jpg
72KB, 800x800px
>>384347370
>list of valid complaints
>these points aren't valid because I said so
>>
>>384346046
>every enemy is out of bloodborne while the game lacks poise is good because muh fast
>>
>>384347329
>it just takes overleveling not to struggle
>the only way you can beat someone better than you is overlevel by a few hundred sl
hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>384347304
>>384347214
It is harder than DS1 in literally every way. There are more enemies per room, more difficult setups and greater variety of enemies.
>>
>>384347481
Some of them are valid, I agree, but still DS3 is more good for me than DS1 and DS2
And I consider Demon's Souls the best one if not mentioning BB
>>
>>384344341
Only because ds2 is a clunky mess with shitty gameplay
>>
>>384347492
So just like DS1 without poise?
>>
>>384347550
Yeah but at the same time it's easier to deal with enemies due to buffs everything got. Agile characters deal out more damage while tanky archetypes can withstand more damage while oneshotting every AI threat, to say broadly.
>>
>>384347576
Well personal preferences is a different thing entirely.
>>
>>384347550
Well, I can agree with you if you mean that it's much harder to play with slow as shit combat and bad level design where you have to lure fuckers one by one
>>
>>384347132
I can dabble into both and enjoy them being different as long as it has variety.
>>
>>384346910
don't forget the broken arena that matches random soul levels, you could get a 838 as a sl1 and vice versa, absolutely fucking retarded.
>>
>>384346814
Damn that's just unacceptable though. For example in any other similar game, let's say God of War, if I get hit too early in a fight and realize its an unacceptable mistake I can just pause and reload from the save. Yet in this If I get hit I have to just sit there for like 15 seconds waiting to die.
>>
>>384347705
Look, >>384347648 says you could've just used your "buffed" character so it's the same as DS1... It's factually wrong to say that luring was necessary, it's just a tactic people resorted to, because they couldn't deal with the difficulty of taking on a bigger group.
>>
>>384347807
Or don't.
I beat one of the toughest bosses on darksouls with no healing items left and barely any health. Just roll with the punches, theirs really no need to restart. Plus, whats more interesting, restarting if you make a mistake, or winning despite making that mistake.
>>
>>384344095
>it's better than bloodborne
Stopped reading right there, obvious PC fag false flag shitposting
>>
>>384347329
don't forget the retarded arena that matches by soul level, you can get a level 838 as a level 1, absolutely retarded.
>>
>>384345024
Yeah, i'd say it is. Play it in short bursts and don't expect so see many new things. DS3 recycles a lot of elements from DS1 and 2
>>
>play darksouls 3
>Mini dancers are just beasts
> log wielding hollows are cross wielding healing church guys
>pontif sulyvan is mergos wetnurse with less arms
Such a blatantly lazy cash grab game holy shit
>>
>>384347851
It isn't necessary, yes, but more enemies on one location doesn't make it more difficult
It's just shit thoughts about designing level as a whole
Miyazaki himself said that in one interview
>>
>>384347643
>DS1 enemies
>anywhere near as fast as DS3
sure m7
>>
File: 1500294042258.jpg (21KB, 217x316px) Image search: [Google]
1500294042258.jpg
21KB, 217x316px
>>384347993
>>384347801
what?
>>
>>384344935
>Every boss is fuckhuge and fast most of the time
You're probably losing, because you don't play one hand sword...
DSIII has the worst pve balance of all souls games.
>>
>>384348036
>the player in DS1 is just as fast as player in DS3
>it's okay, enemies supposed to be retarded fighting with air, atleast it's not bloodborne!
>>
>>384347008
I think ds3 might actually be the worst in the series. at least ds2 had good poise and decent pvp combat, just what the fuck does ds3 have that is actually good?
>>
>>384347408
I haven't played ds1 PvP, but I've had a great time with PvP on ds2 and im on xbone.
>>384347532
Yes is there even a problem with leveling or do you play through the game with a hardened battle cry? It's very well fun grinding enemy's to get souls to advance your skills. Yet im also very new to the series so I'm not the fondest of players to get through bosses with ease.
>>
>>384348196
>muh pvp
>muh poise
Both of these were invalidated. DaS2 literally has nothing.
>b-b-b-b-but you c-c-c-can tank 1 HIT as full havels, wow!
>>
>>384348196
See
>>384346046
Also enemies that aren't retarded
>>
>>384347939
I play ps4 and xbone.
>>
>>384348159
did that sound smart in your head?
>>
>>384348359
>three's combat is good.
wrong, not even objectively or theoretically, just blatantly wrong.
>Fashionfags
Look, fashion is good and all, but it litterally doesn't matter, that's WHY fashion is good, it means you're good enough to play wearing the dumbest shit imaginable.
>good level design.
no.
>>
>>384348454
No
>>
>>384348554
Whatever you say, having shit taste nigger
Also the point about good looking armor was from the technical standpoint, not your fashion shit
>good level design.
>no
So you prefer obnoxous shit like DS1 and DS2 where every location just mashed into each other? Good luck with that then
>>
File: 1499676777973.png (525KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1499676777973.png
525KB, 1040x1040px
>>384348797
>DS1
>locations mashed into each other
What a retarded das3babby, confirmed for never played the game.
>>
>>384348797
>he hasn't played ds1.
Point at him! Point at him and laugh!
>>
>>384348884
>blighttown is just around new londo ruins and catacombs is okay
>blighttown connected to both demon ruins and ash lake is okay
>anor londo having duke archives and crystal cave right around is okay
Dumb faggot
>>
>>384349124
>he doesn't know why those are ok.
You definitely haven't played ds1 dude. you deserve your mockery.
>>
>mfw the same devs who made Lost Kingdoms 1&2 also made Dark Souls series and the U.I is the exact same in both games
>>
>>384348974
I did
Sadly Demon's Souls beats every single DaS with it's level design
>>
>>384349124
>the world connects consistently and sensibly, so bad!!!!
>catacombs just around blighttown
Confirmed for haven't played the game yet again, retarded DaS3 babby. Back to your shitty corridor game.
>>
>>384349124
you haven't played ds1 or looked in any detail at it's lore. Whats wrong about it? Londor is a weird world. It's held up by fucking trees.
>>
>>384349289
Demon souls didn't fucking HAVE level design you mongoloid. I bet you didn't play that either.
>>
>>384349268
>>384349291
>It's in lore, so it's okay
Kek, I don't give a fuck about mockery from this much shit taste niggers, you're just as pathetic as DaS2 faggots
>>
File: 1498977681109.png (306KB, 345x366px) Image search: [Google]
1498977681109.png
306KB, 345x366px
>>384349387
>the rabid das3 autist starts projecting, deflecting and moving goal posts
>>
>>384349358
>Demon souls didn't fucking HAVE level design
You're on another level of pathetic, damn
I guess it's DaS1 babies sucking each other dicks thread now
>>
>>384349387
I want to say this is bait, but I can easily believe you're just some underaged faggot that only played three, and maybe watched a LP of 1&2 if that.
HA
HA
>>
btw what are the weird ghosts that seem like other players in the game
>>
>>384349387
Literally noone gets where you;re coming from dude.
It's in the lore.
It's the way the world works.
This game is open ended.
Do you want generic fantasy / tolkien land?
Does that appease your pea brain?
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>384349526
Other players.
>>
>>384349526
Other players. You appear the same way to them
>>
>>384349590
>>384349595
He probably means niggers in Shaded Woods
>>
>>384349658
Naw, he's playing through dark souls for the first time.
>>
>>384349449
>>384349493
>>384349554
Whatever helps you sleep at night, but that's just pathetic that babies like this defend ds1 and can't understand that out there people can have other points of view
>>
>Bloodbabbies on suicide watch
>>
File: 1498502573475.png (575KB, 423x584px) Image search: [Google]
1498502573475.png
575KB, 423x584px
>>384349775
>w-whatever d-dude it's j-just my o-opinion after getting utterly BTFO
Stop crying, it's almost sad.
>>
>>384349775
>He
>Doesn't
>Even
>Deny
>It.
>>
File: Are you le sad frogging me.png (130KB, 396x381px) Image search: [Google]
Are you le sad frogging me.png
130KB, 396x381px
>get to Ajula
>get shrekt by a bunch of tiny pigs

Sorry, but this game is shit and your entire series is shit.

Meme difficulty and frustration != quality game design.
>>
>>384349914
>>384349915
Funny thing is I've played all of them
Didn't know there's some fans this much entitled faggots ;^)
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 228x221px
>>384350015
>he attacked the pigs
>>
>>384350112
Nope, we have already confirmed that you have not played des, one, and maybe two.
>>384350015
>He attacked the pigs.
>>
File: LMAOING.jpg (98KB, 743x800px) Image search: [Google]
LMAOING.jpg
98KB, 743x800px
>>384350112
>still in tears after getting BTFO
Give me your address so I can send you some tissues :^)
>>
>>384344095
It is. Bloodborne had some nice additions but it was ultimately very barebones.
>>
>>384350256
How did I get btfo again?
>>384350206
Any proof?
>>
>>384350015
>he attacked the pigs
>>
>>384350434
>he thinks asking for proof will save him now
Where is your proof that you played them faggot?
>>
File: seinfeld.jpg (23KB, 587x616px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.jpg
23KB, 587x616px
>>384350161
>>384350206
>>384350493

>putting very hard enemies right inside the starting town right after the fucking tutorial
>good game design

Umm, soulsfags?
>>
>>384344095
SOTFS is a hit or miss.

Personaly I think its my favorite despite having the worse bossfights and music. I cant put my finger on it. Something about the old school atmosphere just makes me want to replay the game. I never use the word but I guess comfy could be a proper qualification
>>
>>384344545
I do miss bonefire ascetics. The only thing I didn't really like was the player model and the low durability.
>>
>>384344095
Same OP
I just finished it not too long ago and it's deifnitely a great game.

The only people that don't like it are the filthy casuals that can't git gud.
>>
>>384350015
kill yourself fucking faggot
>>
>>384350606
literally just dodge dude

>he didn't roll away from the pigs
>>
>>384350606
The funny thing is they aren't that hard, I grinded them on one of my playthroughs for a while for something they dropped, can't remember? early effigies or something maybe. Regardless.
>he attacked the pigs.
>>
File: 1499365330455.png (221KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1499365330455.png
221KB, 512x384px
>>384350015
>shrekt
>>
>>384350606
>ds2
>good game design
pick one
>>
>>384344095
weak b8
>>
>>384350292
This.
Although i haven't finished them and just started bb, ds2 has a good variety of things from the start, as bloodbourne although is fun just feels like it could have more gear, although i do like bb's crafting system and that it's much more rewarding in things like upgrades.
>>
File: 234134.jpg (77KB, 915x307px) Image search: [Google]
234134.jpg
77KB, 915x307px
>>384350521
Here
Now fuck off
>>
>>384350612
Looking at the ocean when you get out of the tutorial was very comfy.
>>
>>384350840
Well boys, all that reasoning we did on why his opinion is actually dumb has been totally and compleltey debunked.
>>
>>384345947
>each souls game is always rushed
>weight meme
>non problem
>non problem
>non problem
>souls games having depth
>level design meme
>humanoid bosses are somehow bad
>>
File: 1500120774242.jpg (5KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1500120774242.jpg
5KB, 250x231px
>>384350794
>thread turns into baiting grounds
>100% serious
>>
>>384351078
Stefan Molyneux over here is going: not an argument.
Sorry but it is:
>Each souls game is rushed, but Ds2 lacks the polish to not feel rushed
>The weight of your character is important, especially for dark souls combat
>I-frames being a stat is retarded
>Story is even more autisitc than the first, but the first Ds1 is at least interesting
>Level design is shit and yes that does matter
>Humanoid bosses are bad because they're not engaging, interesting or difficult. Them being humanoid probably isn't the problem; the problem is that they aren't interesting or memorable in any way.
Stop apologizing.
>>
>>384348797
The DaS3 areas ARE just mashed together, that's the whole idea behind DaS3's world, how can you complain about that for the other games?
>>
File: Hmmmmmmmmmmm.png (41KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.png
41KB, 1366x768px
>>384350840
Interesting, because there where quite a few results on a reverse image search.
>>
>>384351526
Cool, but I screened off my own trophies on psnprofiles, yes
>>
>>384348797
Look at firelink shrine.
>Valley beneath it; thats an area
>Elevator to go to New Londo. That elevator goes from one populated area to another.
>New Londo connected to Blighttown. City connected to city.
>Blightown filthy, leads to the depths
>Tree that holds up the world comes out in blightown to hold it up.
I could do this for every area save the kiln
>>
>>384344095
Was DaS2 secretly the best game in the series?
>>
>>384347648
>while tanky archetypes can withstand more damage while oneshotting every AI threat
Did we play the same game? My +10 (Or was it +15?) Grand Lance couldn't one-shot most things and took two or more hits while two handing it on NG, not even NG+ and I was built for wielding the weapon.
>>
>>384344095

It's a good game anon. There's a few flaws (like ADP and Soul Memory), but overall one of the best Souls games to date.

Don't fall for all the contrarian /v/ memeing.
>>
>>384351724
It's certainly the most RPGish which is why I enjoy it the most.
>>
File: darksouls2dotgif.gif (1MB, 1266x712px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls2dotgif.gif
1MB, 1266x712px
I'll never get over my rage at Soul Memory, Adaptability, and the absolutely unforgivably bad textures.
God damn those repeating puke green textures in the forest were like something from a game from the late 90s.
>>
>>384351692
Do you see the logic where the tree on ash lake holds blighttown and new londo where from blighttown you cant go to vulcanic ruins and higher there is firelink shrine, depths and sewers and other shit? I don't
>>
>>384344341
this is so fucking wrong
>get dull ember after pursuer
>beat the first half of the game with +7 to +10 weapons
EVERYTHING in the main game is a fucking joke, your damage is too high (or boss health too low) and the only somewhat challenging areas and bosses are iron keep, rat authority (not a "good" kind of challenging tho) and the DLCs

this is mostly a scholar of the first sin problem, i assume vanilla Dark Souls 2 was harder
>>
>>384351894

>were like something from a game from the late 90s.

probably why i liked the arstyle.
>>
>>384351960
Articulate you fucking inbred. Not even your fucking carer could comprehend this.
>>
>>384351960
>arguing about that kind of shit for a fantasy game
Why do you even play these games
>>
>>384351987
Well it was just fucked because some areas looked ok, but then you step into the kingdom of dickass curselions and everything has the same fucking texture all over the place

It's just a huge blatant fuckup.

Also as you see with that earlier gif, they lied about what the game would look like at their announcements compared to what it was on release.
>>
>>384352086
I like good level design like in Demon's
>>
>>384351894
The new forest would have looked better if it didn't graphically look so shit, it made sense with the atmosphere.
>>
File: 1377613341249.jpg (144KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1377613341249.jpg
144KB, 1440x810px
>>384344095
Why are you creating these threads every fuckig day, you dumb faggot?
>>
>>384352203
>Also as you see with that earlier gif, they lied about what the game would look like at their announcements compared to what it was on release.
So just like DaS3.

>>384352257
Can you even explain what good level design even is?
>>
>>384352257
But demons didn't have level design. it had completely separate zones that have nothing to do with each other.
>>
>>384352415
That's world design, bro.
>>
>>384352390
Yes, except DS3 didn't add as many good mechanics as DS2 did (and didn't keep the fucking amazing ones from ds2)

>>384352312
you're right
It still would have been a pain in the ass (and absurdly short) but it wouldn't have stuck out like a sore thumb quite as bad.
>>
>>384351972
>I allready beat the game and know exactly how to make it easy!
>>
>>384352578
Honestly, that described my first playthrough pretty well.
>>
>>384352578
I did that on my first playthrough of ds2, which was on SoTFS
>>
>>384352578
no.
the knowledge comes from having played Dark Souls 1.
it's not about knowing how to make it easy, but knowing what stats to get and that you should keep your weapon upgraded.

in Bloodborne however, even with knowing how all the systems work due to playing Dark Souls before or reading a guid on the stats... the game is still fucking hard and you never do a lot of damage, no matter your build.
>>
uh why doesnt this game have a sprint button, why do I have to hold the dodge button tosprint when a keyboard has fucking 100+ keys
>>
>>384352818
>he is using a keyboard.
LAUGH AT THIS MAN.
>>
>>384352753
>and you never do a lot of damage
t. guy who didn't farm chalice dungeons

FRC level 5 chalice dungeons are the hardest shit the souls series has put out though, even though a lot of it is just bullshit from having half health.
The NPC hunters in bloodbourne are serious shit
>>
>>384352818
>keyboard
>>
>>384344095
Probably has the most replay-ability out of all the series, there's a lot of fun to be had trying out different builds, and it has the most content of the entire series. The biggest negative is that a lot of the game is on the same quality level as Lost Izalith, but in a weirdly charming way. You can tell the developers actually put effort into a lot of the game, they just weren't very good at it. I enjoyed my second and third play through a lot more thought a lot of what >>384344545 says it pretty true. I couldn't even finish a second run of DS3 for comparison, that game is so sterile it's just not fun.
>>
>>384352390
Connected levels without dropping off their aesthetics and atmosphere with thoughtful enemy placement
>>384352415
So separate zones isn't level design atll now? Okay, bro
>>
>>384352957
>Connected levels without dropping off their aesthetics and atmosphere with thoughtful enemy placement
soooo...DS1 and not DeS?
>>
so apparently ive been fighting the asylum demon for so long that my " weapon is at risk " and theres no way to repair it so i just need create a new brand new character

cool
>>
>>384353023
No, DS1 doesn't have that
>>
>>384344095
holy shit is it now the Dark Souls cycle?

everyone liking DS2 recently after hating it at launch
>>
Lot a people ITT who don't know the difference between level design and world design.

>World Design
The levels interconnect-ability and how or why they connect, worldbuilding etc.

>Level design
How the levels are designed, e.g undead parish, sens fortress.

>>384353048
No way dude, it's not that hard comon. If you're really having trouble try the pyromancer class and just chuck spells at him.
>>
>>384352872
didn't farm chalice dungeons.
just like most people didn't farm souls with bonfire ascetics.
>>
>>384353057
Yes it does, is this fucking bait?
>>384353127
He's fighting the demon right out of the gate I think, let him stew in his own stupid.
>>
>>384353048
beat him with your fists to get gud
>>
File: 1447272652551.jpg (47KB, 569x472px) Image search: [Google]
1447272652551.jpg
47KB, 569x472px
>tfw this thread made me buy DSII SotFS on Amazon for 12€
Can't wait to get the multiplayer experience, only played the pirated version.
>>
>>384353296
wtf no joke fists are working better, the hit box is working properly i can hit his belly as expected. The Hilt Sword is trash
>>
>>384353304
Cmon man, step up your bait game.
>>
>>384353393
>can't spot bait
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>384353363
Do we tell him guys?
(Not) Blissful ignorance?
>>
>>384353448
See now that was better, you're prolly going to get a couple replies from people with that.
>>
>>384353363
You're meant to go around the boss dude, look for the messages on the ground. You get a weapon and a shield and the rest of the tutorial.
>>
File: le_bait.jpg (39KB, 811x209px) Image search: [Google]
le_bait.jpg
39KB, 811x209px
>>384353393
>>384353448
>muh bait
>>
>>384353620
I'm not even going to bother reverse image searching to prove your obvious bait false.
>>
>>384353236
How is this bait?
>>384351960
Answer that question, dumb fanboy
>>
>>384353205
Come now, chalice dungeons aren't that bad.
Just doing the first set of Pthumeru will get you better gems than you get for 95% of the base game.

>>384353620
Are you one of the New Germans? : )
>>
>>384352957
That's the core of basic level design, anon. Have you never played Super Metroid?
>>
File: youmadbro.png (661KB, 700x592px) Image search: [Google]
youmadbro.png
661KB, 700x592px
>>384353858
>recognizing DS2 has the best souls game make me a nigger
>>
>>384353596
why is this boss even here then
>>
>>384353858
nono, what i am saying is that most people don't do chalice dungeons until VERY late into the game.
just like most people Dark Souls 2 i assume never really use bonfire ascetics for easy souls farming.
Bloodborne has a much better difficulty curve than Dark Souls 2.
and it's overall a lot harder than Dark Souls 2. (strictly speaking about scholar of the first sin here)
>>
>>384354028
because dark souls
>>
>>384354028
This stupid shit is why we don't tell people
.>>384353596
His retardation is your fault.
>>
>>384353120
No it's just that there was a Humble Bundle with SotFS recently.
>>
>>384353956
I have, but I prefer SotN for that matter
And I like DeS, DS3 and BB because of their competence in that thing
>>
>>384354459
DeS doesn't have level design.
ds3 is a straight line, and BB is a straight line. what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>384354964
You have some problems with comprehending what level design actually means then
>>
camera angles are pretty terrible in this game. All fights should take place in wide open mini arenas like God of War so walls and other shit don't get in the way or cramp the camera.
>>
>>384353967
DS2 has some of the best mechanics in terms of combat, covenants, items etc., but I wouldn't say its the best souls game.

But yes, all germans are basically niggers now.

>>384354031
Really? I always did them as soon as I got the chalice and the materials. I think I'm the only one who really liked chalice dungeons.
>>
yeah all im doing is fighting against the camera in this game, any fight that takes place near a wall suddenly the camera gets all cramped and is unplayable and you need to " lure " the enemy back into the middle of the arena. That's just cancer game design to make the camera the main enemy.
>>
>>384344545
>>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

This is honestly the only thing from 2 to 3 that drives me nuts. You can roll.... so... goddamn.. much in 3.

It makes pinning anyone down quite the guessing game since you think they must be out of stamina after 8 rolls in a row... but then they roll a 9th time.

I think this was an unintended byproduct of making enemies in DS3 have much longer and more variable strings of attacks. Giving the character the ability to roll more solved how to deal with PVE encounters and dramatically shifted how PVP played out.
>>
DeS>DaS 1>DaS 2=DaS 3

Haven't played BB
>>
>42 Posters
>198 Replies
Dark Soul 2 faggot is fucking autism
>>
>>384345875
>making armour non-upgradable.
how is this a great change
>>
>>384344095
>bloodbourne

This is how you spot a PC uck.
>>
>>384353120
DS2 fanboys they've been there all the time
>>
>>384357248
Having to individually upgrade each piece of armor was a pain in the ass, and usually just made you want to pick something like Havels or some such that doesn't upgrade.
I can't think of a positive aspect to having to upgrade armor, since really your ability to take on enemies is almost solely determined by your weapon.
>>
File: 25425234.jpg (645KB, 5000x3267px) Image search: [Google]
25425234.jpg
645KB, 5000x3267px
>>384357486
>spell checking faggot
how to spot an autist
>>
Ds2 was all about linear hallway type level layouts a lot of the time. Hated it.

I've been loving the intricate layered levels of Bloodborne and DS3 that were more akin to the level design of Demon's Souls and DS1.
>>
File: STOP.png (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
STOP.png
24KB, 300x300px
It looks like shit and will never not look like shit

Even if the mechanics and design of everything is "superior", it looks and plays like you're constantly walking through dogshit
Thread posts: 207
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.