[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this game intended to be completely pointless? After years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: skyrim.jpg (6KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
skyrim.jpg
6KB, 201x250px
Was this game intended to be completely pointless?

After years of letting this game gather dust on my shelf i finally picked it up and started a new character which was planned to be a pure mage.

>after surviving Helgen i run to Whiteruns stalls to travel to Winterhold by the wagon.
>finally at the Winderhold Academy
>cast a flame atronach in front of the elf bitch to gain acces to the academy
>i-i guess im a mage-novice now?
> ... 20 minutes later in the game

>"Go to this cave"
>"see the big glowy ball"
>"go back to college to talk about it"
>"learn about it"
>"obtain the most lightly guarded elder scroll of all time"
>"go back"
>"kill elf guy"
>"save the world and be the new archmage"
>>
>Fight with nothing but punching and heavy armor
>Become archmage
Thanks you too

Punching out the Dark Brotherhood instead of joining was cool I guess.
Forced to be a werewolf or something for the, Fighters Guild? Fuck that, so I skipped.

Main story is retarded too, spoilers.
>>
It made me mad that certain shouts are tied to faction specific quests and locked off if you don't do them. You look ridiculous as a skinny mage joining the companions and becoming their leader. Dark Brotherhood has the most variety for roleplaying because you can be a classic sneaky dagger assassin, mage, warrior, stealth archer etc and it all works.
>>
>>384341147
>>384341535
>>384339932

Arent there any combat-mods out there?

Im really dislike modding but it feels like im just punching things with different speed and damage values. The movesets on all weapons are the fucking same and im bored to tears.
>>
>>384339932
No OP your just suck and unable to have fun.
>>
on my first playthrough I did all of the stealth bonuses in the Dark Brotherhood questline by running up to people and stabbing them in the face with an axe. Soooo skyrim allows for freedom but maybe it goes tooo far
>>
>>384339932
>make a beeline towards the things you know from the first playthrough
>>
My nigga look up Enderal and have a blast with a good version of skyrim
>>
Honestly, I enjoyed the game overall, but the only questline I really liked was the civil war one plus some miscellaneous quests.
>>
>>384341774
>Getting elemental fury at level 1 near meridias temple

Hell yeah
>>
>>384341598
>be me
>the well respected archmage of the Winterhold Academy
>the archmage of the only mage-academy in skyrim
>go to Windhelm because i want to be part of the rebellion
>Ulfric doesent even know me
>later he refers to me as "dragonborn" altough the greybeards didnt even call me yet
>...time goes by

>"Go to the other end of the map to kill a ice monster"
>"Go to the other end of the map to gather a crown which Ulfric doesent even wear at any point"
>"Go to Whiterun with an axe"
>"Go to Windhelm just to go back to Whiterun again"
>"Take the city for the Stormcloak rebellion by punching Balgruuf 10 times in the face"
>"Do 20 boring quest where you take control of a bunch of castles by one-hitting 20-30 enemys"
>"Do the same you did in Whiterun - but now with Solitude and General Tulius!"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.