[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got into fighting games and I'm starting to take it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Just got into fighting games and I'm starting to take it seriously. I'm at a point where I want to be more precise with a bigger control device.

What fight sticks do you guys recommend?
>>
Google
>>
>>384339036
A stick won't make you better. Playing offline at local scenes will. I would try out sticks if you can before you buy them.

With that out of the way, the best available ps4 sticks right now are Hori RAP 4 Kai, Razer Panthera and Qanba Obsidian. I got to try all of these out this weekend and they were good. Hori also has the RAP N on the way, which is a bit bigger than the RAP 4 kai and comes with a 3.5mm headset jack. The Hori sticks feel a bit different than the other sticks which come with standard Sanwa parts, so again, try before you buy.
>>
An arcade stick isn't going to magically make you better at fighting games. A lot of people use a gamepad just fine and you see quite a bit in tournament play. The only reason to get a stick is one of two things.

1. You actually went to arcades and grew accustom to using a stick along with playing with others with that set up

2. You're a fag who thinks by owning an arcade stick it legitimizes your status as a fighting game player
>>
>>384340179
but what if I use a controller at first, get good with it. then use a stick and then get good with it?
where would that place me?
>>
File: 1500281916506.webm (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1500281916506.webm
2MB, 1200x675px
>>384340179

Controllers don't seem to be the most accurate in terms fighting game input. I've tried both the DS4 and Xbone controller in Guilty Gear Revelator and neither of them seem very accurate. Best way seems xbone Dpad for directional inputs.
>>
File: Uasdasdasntitled.png (40KB, 784x257px) Image search: [Google]
Uasdasdasntitled.png
40KB, 784x257px
without responding to the retarded cucks posting shitter responses i recommend this stick

its new, coming out to the states soon
>>
>>384340583
thats just you being shitty
>>
>>384340710

You're right i should stick to using the DS4's analogue sticks thanks anon.
>>
>>384340179
3. it feels good and is more comfortable for long sessions than a pad
>>
>>384340179
>its the "you can only use sticks if you grew up playing in the arcade" faggot

every fucking fighting game thread.

yeah, i get annoyed when people think that using a fightstick will magically make them better at fighting games but you just sound like a gigantic faggot. more so than those faggots with that type of mentality.
>>
>>384339036
only get a stick if you play old ass fighting games or mame roms. the newer games since sf4 been dumbed down.
>>
>only legitimate response
>gets completely ignored
thanks reddit
>>
>>384339036
Qanba Carbon, only 60 dollars but only works with the PS3/PC and Android though I'm sure you'll be able to use it with games that support legacy drivers.
>>
>>384339036
>HRAP4
Good choice there. Coincidentally just ordered my second one 2 hours ago.

Shit broke after a few years of intensive use but I liked it enough to warrant a second purchase.
>>
File: 412ypY7GgpL.jpg (24KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
412ypY7GgpL.jpg
24KB, 500x362px
I use this for Skullgirls, it's really good
Can't into 360 grabs (Zangief) with it though
>>
File: main.jpg (498KB, 650x570px) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
498KB, 650x570px
>>384341336
Can't decide whether to pick up this or what you posted. I primarily play SFV and intend on buying Tekken and Dragon Ball FighterZ
>>
>>384339036
>want to be more precise with a bigger control device.

Get a hitbox, once you get used to the control you will never drop a motion input ever again. i went from stick to hitbox and my opinion is adapt or get left behind
>>
What's a good fighting game to pick up at the moment?
>>
>>384342042
Tekken 7 or SF5 depending on personal preference
>>
>>384342042
pick whatever fighting game looks good to you.

no really. do this. dont pick up a fighting game just because its "popular".
>>
If you can find it, a Hori EX-SE is pretty good.
>>
>>384342282
>>384342264
Is Dead or Alive 5 dead or alive?
>>
File: 1491018113393.gif (2MB, 311x362px) Image search: [Google]
1491018113393.gif
2MB, 311x362px
A stick won't necessarily make you more precise, it's best to use what you're most comfortable with. But hey, if you want a stick you should get one.

Q1 is a good starter stick if you don't want to spend too much money.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.