[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenoblade 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: XC2.png (786KB, 880x535px) Image search: [Google]
XC2.png
786KB, 880x535px
>xenoblade 2 thread instantly deleted despite there not being one up

uh ok. You alright there janitor?

new footage of xenoblade 2 up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP2dXtfRDcI

summary on nintendo's site

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2017/July/Get-up-to-speed-on-Xenoblade-Chronicles-2-s-world-and-combat--1244128.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=XenobladeChronicles2%7CTHLNews%7Cw28
>>
Everything looks steller except the grass pop in. This is the same build they used for E3 and they said they were still polishing it up so I hope it's not as bad in the actual game
>>
>>384336683
Monolith has never let me down since becoming Nintendo-owned, I can't wait.
>>
>>384337358
monolith has never let me down outside of saga II, but that's mostly namco's fault anyway
>>
Deeply interested, throw me a red pill lads?
>>
File: 1454848047458.jpg (38KB, 370x478px) Image search: [Google]
1454848047458.jpg
38KB, 370x478px
still not convinced about the combat system, even if having weapons like pokémon is cool as fuck.
was it that difficult to make you push a button instead of automatically do your attacks?
>>
>High entia bow to the giants
>in contact with machina
>rumoured to possess future reading abilities
>control bionis with an iron fist
>own castles and colonies all over the world
>direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Argalasgrad will be be the first city)
>Control the High Entia
>keep the mechonis technology down
>keep the fallen arm off the maps
>keep the Nopon under wraps
>hold back the homs body transfer machine
>keep Dunban a star
>own basically every DNA editing research facility on Bionis
>first designer babies will be Argalas Babies
>both giants said to have 200+ IQ
>ancient high entia scriptures tell of two angels who will descend upon the Bionis and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with them
>These are the two giants
>They own Nanobot R&D labs around Bionis
>You likely have Arglabots inside you right now
>The giants are in regular communication with the Archangels Fei and Elly, forwarding the word of God to the Ethoes Church
>They learned fluent ancient high entia in under a week
>titan states entrust their gold reserves with the giants. There's no gold in Agniritha, only Ft. Giant
>The giants are 327 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base homs.
>In reality, they are timeless beings existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe
>The Giants will guide homs into a new age of wisdom, peace and love
>>
>>384337889
>was it that difficult to make you push a button instead of automatically do your attacks?

why bother doing that when you could use that button for an additional art that's far more interesting than an auto attack?

>>384338012
>>384337575
>>
Someone post the Greek mythology references in the game

Rex means king or something
>>
>>384338243
ya like Oedipus Rex

lets hope Rex fucks his mom, it wouldn't be a first in the xeno series
>>
>>384338012
>>384338065
I don't know what's more impressive, that green text or the fact I understood. My definite maybe just became a hard yes.
>>
censorship fags BTFO
>>
>>384336683
Holy shit finally something new to talk about? Time to watch the video baby
>>
>>384337889
I've never understood why the auto attacks in xenoblade are a point of contention for people. They make up such a small part of the combat and are only really there in case you burn out your arts, although admittedly they have a bigger role in XC2
>>
>>384338619
not much unless some frenchies can translate potential new info, looked like the same demonstration from E3 on the same build
>>
>>384338643
I think the main problem is the combat LOOKS slower regardless of whether or not that's actually true. Maybe it feels different when you're actually playing, but being forced to charge up your blades every time you initiate combat FEELS tedious.
>>
>>384338243
rex is latin retard
>>
>>384338718
Damn. They really need to start dropping some info at least once every other week to build hype. The e3 trailer only has 550k views..
>>
>>384338881
yeah the website hasn't updated since E3, the XCX site would add something regularly
>>
>>384338317
>Oedipus Rex
>King Oedipus
>Oedipus fucked his mom
>Character is called Rex
>Therefore he will fuck his mom
I don't think you understand how this works.
>>
File: 1JNlyQX.jpg (11KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1JNlyQX.jpg
11KB, 394x394px
>>384338643
>people hate the combat of Final Fantasy XII
>no one is complainsing about Xenoblade 2 combat
what is happening
>>
>>384339016
because the combat in XC is an improvement over FF12, and XCX's ground combat is so much better it isn't even comparable
>>
Is XCX emulateable on CEMU yet? Finished the first game a while ago and absolutely adored it. How are the other games in the Xeno series, should I avoid any of them?
>>
File: fucking bad.png (788KB, 719x758px) Image search: [Google]
fucking bad.png
788KB, 719x758px
>>384337137
The grass and this are my two biggest problems with the game.
>>
>>384339291
Most of the polish definitely needs to be done for the textures and foliage models, especially grass. They have 4 full months, so hopefully they have enough time to finish that graphical polish and optimization. We need some CUHRAHZEEY particle effects for some wow moments in the game too.
>>
>>384339129
>Is XCX emulateable on CEMU yet?

it was on a good pace until they shifted all momentum of the emulator to optimize zelda

>Finished the first game a while ago and absolutely adored it. How are the other games in the Xeno series, should I avoid any of them?

xenoblade is the most "consistent" xeno game, meaning it has the least offensive lows. Xenoblade X's story isn't as good (it's set up as a part 1 like xenosaga I) but the combat and definitely exploration are better. Oh the worldbuilding/lore is better in xenoblade x than in Xenoblade as well. Xenogear's story is one of the best in the industry, if not the best. The gameplay isn't as good as blade though and disc 2 is infamous for its visual novel style "gameplay" (though the story is still bonkers).

Xenosaga I/II/III is a step below the others but still an enjoyable game. The story is arguably better than blade and the gameplay is arguably better than gears....except for saga II. Saga II has the weakest story and gameplay in the series. If you can stomach it and get through it though Saga III rewards you with a competent battle system and some plot points that rival xenogears in terms of mindblowing effect.
>>
>>384339534
Forgot to mention, I guess XCX on CEMU is "playable" but it's definitely not pretty in a bunch of areas and full of slowdown
>>
>>384339573
I want an X port for Switch even though I own the CE for the Wii U, dammit.
>>
>>384339291
what's this image supposed to imply? Rex looks a lot better

>>384339659
I don't, the pad is super convenient for XCX and I'd rather monolith focus on future titles
>>
File: dissatisfied_finn.png (160KB, 662x512px) Image search: [Google]
dissatisfied_finn.png
160KB, 662x512px
is xenoblade chronicles worth emulating? I have a huge backlog of other emulated games but I wanted to play this before getting xenoblade 2
>>
>>384336683
this is getting delayed way into next year, pretty much guaranteed.
>>
>>384339820
if you've even slightly enjoyed a jRPG in the past, yes
>>
>>384339695
Rex looks fucking terrible and you know it. His facial animations are Andromeda tier levels of slide and stretch. If you actually watch the trailer, the two halves of his eyebrows move at different speeds on one axis at a time, and his cheeks look glitchy with how high they rise in a short amount of time. His face is drawn in a completely different style from the rest of the characters, his pants are a hot load of shit, and it's made worse by the confirmation that we can't change his (or anybody's) outfits.

Between that and the confirmation of no mecha, I don't know if I want this. I really really fucking want to want this.
>>
>>384339872
the fact is that I'll need to shift SMT Nocturne, Final Fantasy XII, the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Super Mario Sunshine into second position
>>
>>384339871
what reason is that?

>>384339916
>it's made worse by the confirmation that we can't change his (or anybody's) outfits.

huh? there is no confirmation tha-

>Between that and the confirmation of no mecha, I don't know if I want this. I really really fucking want to want this.

oh you're the same mecha autist spamming every XC2 thread, never mind
>>
>>384336683
>that obtrusive UI

hope they fix that.
>>
I've been plowing through X since late last month to finish it with 100% completion, I'm between chapter 11 and 12 right now. I love almost everything about it, especially how different it is from Xenoblade. I hope 2 has its own strong identity too despite going back to a more similar style.
>>
>>384340026
DEFINITELY play xenoblade over FF12, they're similar in a lot of way with xenoblade being better in nearly every way.

Nocturne is a great game, I personally prefer xenoblade but wouldn't put it against you if you played it first

can't speak for the other two because they're different genres, but metroid prime 2 is my favorite game of all time and the prime trilogy is my favorite trilogy in the games industry. SMS is the worst 3D mario platformer (well maybe 3D land is a bit worse) but that's not necessarily a bad thing, they're all high quality games.
>>
>>384339916
>Between that and the confirmation of no mecha,
>>384339916

so they really are going for generic fantasy rpg #91938351

next
>>
>>384340042
The confirmation is in the party getting full body portrait drawings for their status screens.
>>
>>384340224
Takahashi has said it's story driven like XC but has exploration that's even more important than in XCX
>>
>>384340042
They confirmed it a long time ago, dude
>>
>>384338643
they don't like a game that plays itself.
>>
>>384340318
the models show when you change characters though (they didn't do it this demonstration but they did for E3)

>>384340363
source me or you're a filthy liar, I dog down xeno news like a hound nearly every day
>>
>>384339916
>can't change outfit

dropped. this really is a huge downgrade from the first xenoblade. how could they drop the ball so badly?
>>
>>384339916
>>384340272
>>384340458
samefag harder please while spreading more fake news
>>
>>384340324
Until I play it myself, I won't trust those claims completely. The exploration won't feel as in depth or as satisfying as X's if it lacks things like the hugh jump or the mechs, and it doesn't look like it has them. It was still great in the first Blade, but X was definitely above and beyond in that respect.
>>
>>384340363
we know it'll be heavily censored anyhow, even if they do have multiple outfits.
>>
>>384340549
*high jump

Also things like lack of land probing and of the possibility of going everywhere from the start without story locks. Of course, I'm sure 2 will have great exploration as well, but right now I'm not feeling the claims it will be on par with or better than X's even if they come from the creator himself. I'm fully open to being BTFO though.
>>
>>384340549
Mechs completely killed any sense of exploration.
>>
File: xenoblade4.jpg (347KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade4.jpg
347KB, 1920x1080px
>>384340318
Guys I have bad news. Xenoblade Chronicles has artwork in the ui, it looks like we won't be able to change armor :(
>>
>>384340549
yeah I wish they brought back the movement options from XCX, unless they're really going out of their way to hide them I don't think we'll be zooming on land

>>384340815
This is kind of true as well though outside of cauldros
>>
>>384340815
Maybe if you rushed getting them and the flight module. I was already deep into exploring Cauldros and planted every possible on-foot probe including stupidly dangerous ones by the time I got them, so to me it felt like getting a whole new perspective after seeing most of the world. Same between getting the mechs and the flight module.
>>
>>384340318
???
>>
>>384341110
Gimme dat butt.
>>
>>384340948
By the way, I don't need 2 to have exploration on par with X's if they decided to focus on other things like story and tight (more linear) level design. Most of all, I just want the world to still have beautiful and creative vistas and locales, and I'm already happy with what I've seen so far.
>>
>>384341278
IMO I think they'll meet the exploration half way

Titans will be fully explorable when you first get on them but each titan will be story locked
>>
File: get pooped on kid.png (557KB, 826x641px) Image search: [Google]
get pooped on kid.png
557KB, 826x641px
>>384341238
I'm pretty butthurt that pyra got all this art and nia got fuck all
>>
>>384341527
I cross my fingers so hard they might snap that we'll get some good shit after it's been out for a while.
>>
>>384341110

lel the shitposter instantly leaves the scene >>384340272
>>384339916
>>384340458
>>
>>384338571
And dual audiofags as well! Err wait, isn't a bad thing lol?
>>
>>384341948
switch isn't region locked, you have no excuse

>b-but I can't read japanese

tough shit EOP
>>
>>384342035
>EOP
?

What exactly is "EOP"?

I'm getting nothing from google.
>>
>>384342117
eternally obtuse plebian

english only pleb
>>
>>384341527
Why the fuck are Nia's ears backwards, that's the only thing I don't get
>>
>>384341527
They need to start releasing more information and teasing us with stuff god dammit. We've been bone dry since E3.
>>
>>384343091
great question

it may be like the high entia's wing ears where they have an alternate purpose and she has actual ears

>>384343447
yeah really hoping for a general nintendo direct soon after Splatoon 2 is released for more info
>>
>>384343639
One of the biggest JRPGs releasing this year, and they've got almost no hype or discussion going on for it. We need more information, dammit, and we needed it yesterday. It was literally announced this year and yet there's been no teasing or promotion or anything. Only 15 of us on all of fucking /v/ are talking about the game, even though there are a ton of fans of X and the original. Fuck me.

I doubt they're going to drop a direct for Xenoblade right after Splatoon since they have stuff like Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario + Rabbids lined up before them, but a man can hope. This looks like one of the only big story-based games I'm interested in this year.
>>
>>384343832
FE warriors has been generating less buzz than xeno 2 so I doubt it'll be prioritized

I think it's a conscious decision by MS not to show too much and spoil the game, though we definitely need some shit cleared up like whether armor shows when you equip it or not, what the fuck the salvaging points are, and what the party guage does when it's full.

I mean fuck we don't even know what all the icons on the menu screen are
>>
>>384343972
I mean, they could just drop some character art or even make new art like ARMS was doing on twitter for fuck's sake, or revealing some more BLADE designs. ANYTHING that has some ambiguity can be discussed, like the details about the new "organization" with all its characters designed by Nomura, but even that is limited since we have no idea what the main setting is like besides "Titans" and "Resource war". X was dropping deets like mad compared to 2. We're less than 4 months away from a release if it drops in December, they NEED to build hype.

Also, it's pretty damn bad that Warriors isn't generating much hype, Nintendo needs the game to sell well as a "major" release in September.

I will say that maybe they're just working on overdrive to get the game out, but man, can't they just give some tidbits or some more interviews so we have something, anything to work with? They dropped 4 songs already, and I'm pretty sure they finished recording, maybe they could drop some more tracks? Or they could even put out some more voice acting or something.
>>
TAKE
THIIIiiiiiiiiss
>>
>>384344292
well the XC2 twitter says they're gonna drop more info/tracks on the website so lets hope that's sooner than later
>>
>>384344857
Wait, really? I hope so because I'm thirsty as fuck for some new shit to drop.
>>
>>384345269
yes

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/874865171084267520

google translate gives us:

>On the official website, you can listen to 4 pairs of songs including Ai Kiita songs one by one! It is Gokakaren that even 4 pairs of music are participating! I will continue to introduce BGM by looking at opportunities from now on. Please look forward to it! # Xenoblade 2
>>
>>384345406
Well, it's something. Too bad it's been over a month since they made that tweet.
>>
>>384338718
>>384338619
I was there, they played the e3 build two times, nothing interesting happened.
>>
>>384345821
Sigh.
>>
>>384345821
damn, thanks for the info though
>>
File: 1463964462715.gif (655KB, 700x625px) Image search: [Google]
1463964462715.gif
655KB, 700x625px
>>384336683
STOP SHOWING THE SLOW ASS COMBAT I WANT TO SEE SOME MID/ENDGAME SHIT GODDAMMIT
>>
>>384347189
>wanting spoilers
>>
Half the fucking screen is taken up by the HUD, hope you can scale that shit
>>
>>384347189
Protip: The Architecht is not beloved , not anyone's divine father and probably a literal architect.
>>
>>384347227
They could make a midgame build just for show
>>
>>384336683
Looks a bit laggy and is not the video
>>
>>384336683
>it's the E3 build
Oh okay
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.