[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dun dun dun DUN DUN DUN dun dun dun.. dun dun dun... da da daaa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: tesvi.png (994KB, 514x760px) Image search: [Google]
tesvi.png
994KB, 514x760px
dun dun dun DUN DUN DUN dun dun dun.. dun dun dun... da da daaa daaa da da DA DA DA... da da daaa.....
>>
>>384330347
I just realised that elder scrolls ripped off GoT's opening theme
>>
>>384330347
I'd rather see elsweyr or black marsh
>>
Witcher faggots eternally BTFO
>>
You see those warriors from Skyrim? They had straight swords. Straight. Swords.
>>
>>384330653
>Elsweyr or Black Marsh

Please no they would fuck it up completely. There is no reason why any other race than Argonians could go into the depths of Black Marsh due to the extreme amount of diseases and shit. And Elsweyr while a unique and interesting setting would also probably be ruined with having all of the NPCs just be the Khajiit we know and hate rather than all of the weird Khajiit offshoots that are born on different phases of the moon, and we won't get all of those weird moon sugar acid trip experiences either more than likely.

I think the safest bet for a place that Bethesda wouldn't ruin would be Hammerfell, High Rock, or Valenwood.

My personal favorite choice would be Summerset Isles and then a follow up on the plotline set up about the Thalmor in Skyrim and make it a little bit more politically intriguing with more of the high fantasy atmosphere of Morrowind.
>>
I'd be down for Black-Arab magicniggas who nuked their own country by cutting too sharp
Too bad there would be no classes, skills, attributes, shitty quests, terrible gameplay and graphics though
>>
>>384331040
Honestly with how the levelling system in the elder scrolls games works class making and attributes are horribly unbalanced or hard to tune right. See Oblivion and Morrowind where it was more advantageous to make a class of skills that you weren't going to actually use so you could get the best attribute bonuses.

Either they would have to completely retool how attribute bonuses worked so you could play your class as it was designed to be played and level optimally at the same time. Or they'd have to go a new route like skyrim did.

As for leveling skills over gaining a level through experience and then attributing points into certain stats like other games I think that's a strength of the series and Skyrim handled it better than Morrowind and Oblivion because you made your class by your play style rather than by arbitrarily designing it at the begin of the game. Your skills improved with use and determined the best course for your character because it was always easier to level, and more efficient to level, if you stuck with one skill set rather than spreading yourself thin and taking every skill.

Skyrim's biggest flaws were its completely bland writing and its gameplay. It's levelling system could still use improvements but it was much better than Oblivion and arguably Morrowind's. It actually embraces the idea of building a character through use rather than choosing stats and following through with that build no matter what. All it needs is fine tuning and more skill choices/weapon trees/ etc.
>>
>>384330424
They arent even remotely similar. Besides the Tes theme predates GOT by a number of years.

If anything its remarkably similar to the Pirates of the Caribbean theme, though Morrowind predates the first potc by about a year.
>>
>>384331497
>See Oblivion and Morrowind where it was more advantageous to make a class of skills that you weren't going to actually use so you could get the best attribute bonuses.

I'm not going to say the system didn't have some jank in it, but it wasn't that advantageous for Morrowind was it? In Oblivion the level scaling was indeed a genuine threat that min-maxing in the most awkward way possible was required to help keep up, so it's understandable there while in Morrowind you're not really doing that much harm to yourself.
>>
>>384330347
WE
>>
File: Pink_Panther.png (96KB, 1500x558px) Image search: [Google]
Pink_Panther.png
96KB, 1500x558px
>>384330347
>>
>>384330347
I could care less where they set it. After Skyrim and Fallout 4 my expectations for this series is lower then fucking dinosaur bones. To think I used to count this series among my favorites, my hype for Skyrim was unreal. The next entry wont be a day one buy for me, if I even get it at all.
>>
>Rated T
very subtle
>>
File: VivecC0DA.png (4MB, 1440x2028px) Image search: [Google]
VivecC0DA.png
4MB, 1440x2028px
>>384332004
Oh in Oblivion the fault was so bad that it was unbearable, the same isn't as true in Morrowind as it is in Oblivion but the fault still remains. One quick fix would be simply to just make it take longer to level up or make the bonuses higher. Because it only takes 10 Skill increases of any skill, and in Morrowind you had 10 as a part of your class, you almost never got bonuses above +2 through normal play unless you were spamming or just abusing trainers for skills you never used.

Oblivion due to the level scaling min-maxing is basically required without mods to make the late game tolerable and even then you're just dealing with ridiculous damage sponge enemies at every corner.

In Morrowind its really only bad because certain skills attributes are basically required to be at 100 as quickly as possibly in order to make the game tolerable. Endurance for example changes how much health you get per level up, so if its not at 100 ASAP you're just going to be missing out on a lot of health. Speed also makes the extremely slow pace of the game tolerable, but then later breaks it with how hilariously sanic fast you get. And then Strength of course covers encumbrance so its always useful. Its not as obviously necessary to min-max in Morrowind, but doing so vastly improves the game when it really shouldn't be a consideration in a series like the Elder Scrolls where the game is meant to be more free form choose your own adventure. You should feel happy leveling through normal play and never pressured to spam a skill or go and abuse trainers.
>>
>>384331871
> Tes theme predates GOT
Game of thrones s01e01 air date - April 17, 2011
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim release date - November 11, 2011
>>
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-e3-2017-exec-explains-why-elder-scrolls-6/1100-6450988/

But first, he confirmed yet again that the game will happen ... someday. As of "The Elder Scrolls VI will eventually be made," Hines said. "It is multiple big releases down the plan for those folks [at Bethesda Game Studios]." As of August 2016, The Elder Scrolls VI was not in production.
>>
>>384332547
nice bait
>>
>>384331009
They're not going to do Summerset Isles when they already did that with both Morrowind and Skyrim.
>>
>>384332527
I've literally never had trouble with scaling in Oblivion.
You're just used to Morrowind's janky levelling system.
>>
>>384331497
Yeah I agree with you on Skyrim. It was a much better leveling system.

One of the issues it had though that I felt could have been better was giving better bonuses for Magic/Stamina/Health with each level. I felt I was being limited way too much by having to choose only one of these stats and getting such a small bonus each level. I'd like to see better bonuses and allowing me to increase all three stats with each level. Say I get 100 points for example and I can freely distribute it across the stats. So if I were more of a magic user I'd mostly put points into more mana each level but also at least some for health to.

Thinking about it for Oblivion and Morrowind it might have worked better if there was no major and minor skills. Just leveling through skill use just like in Skyrim. Even then stats could have still worked. All what they would have had to do was change how bonuses work. Which I found to be an issue with Skyrim as well. The bonuses being the biggest issue across all games.
>>
>>384332691
>not in production despite Skyrim being one of their most successful releases of all time
Is Zenimax retarded?
>>
>>384332527
Oh yes, that Endurance health scaling was shit.

Only being able to select a few attributes to get an increase is probably the biggest problem, though. One Oblivion mod I was fond of when it came to handling attributes was 'Realistic Leveling', which increased attributes with your skills in real time and didn't bother with a level up menu, also recalculating health total for best results. I wouldn't mind a return of attributes if it was handled like that.
>>
Next game will be an elf location they already did humans twice in a row. We another alien land like Morrowind
>>
>>384332989
Yeah Morrowind/Oblivion's system might have worked with a rebalance on how the bonuses worked and if they were treated like how bonuses are supposed to be treated, which is a nice surprise but not necessary.

But I honestly think Skyrim's system works better for the Elder Scrolls. The Elder Scrolls now isn't necessarily an RPG its more like a fantasy sandbox which encourages you live another life in another world. Selecting a class from the start of the game locks you into a single playstyle typically which isn't always bad, but for the open ended nature of The Elder Scrolls it sort of holds you back. You could play for the first 2 hours in Skyrim with a sword but then find a bow you really like and then start using that instead and become an archer rather than a swordsmen. The only drawback would be if you invested perks but at least you can reset perks later in the game if you want. So in a sense you are still choosing a class, but you're doing it through gameplay rather than a menu skill that tells you which skills you will or won't use.

>>384332909
How far have you gotten into Oblivion? Again its not necessarily challenging if you build your character right, but you either A: Run into damage sponge enemies who take a solid minute or two kill, or B: Run into enemies who one shot you because you didn't receive any Endurance bonuses. That's without adjusting the difficulty slider at all. If you lower it as you progress the game actually feels like you're progressing and getting stronger compared to your enemies, but again that feels like an after thought rather than a good system.
>>
>>384330653
>wanting a game set in furry and scalie land
>>
DUDE HAMMERFALL FUCKING METAL!!
>>
>>384333079
I think they just want to branch out a bit. They only make 2 game series so a new ip is probably in the works
>>
>>384333547
>Run into damage sponge enemies who take a solid minute or two kill,
That's more a consequence of the awful combat design than the actual leveling system. If you enchant properly and use weakness spells/potions/enchants you can kill any enemy in a few seconds no matter what level they are.
>>
>>384333547
I completely agree. It seems to me this is more a less what they were always building to anyways even since the first few games with the skills system and the open nature of these games.

I'd still say they are RPG's to me though. I'm looking forward to seeing how TES VI will be. I hope they have a system mostly similar to Skyrim with some tweaks such as what I said earlier. Also give us more skills. More skills can only help if they use a leveling system similar to Skyrim's again.
>>
File: 1496810055186.png (131KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1496810055186.png
131KB, 396x385px
>>384333547
I've played and completed Oblivion many times.
The only people I ever see complain about Oblivion levelling, are casual faggots that try min-maxing everything including skills they're not specialized in, or faggots that fresh off the shit boat from Morrowind.
>>
>>384330347
>rated T
>>
>>384334882
>calls others casual for minmaxing
lol
>>
>>384330347
>niggerfell

no thx

Really, there aren't any regions left that I want to see, I'd rather revisit other regions again.
>>
>>384334882
Oblivion has retarded level scaling you'll return to a city and see a bunch of npcs wearing deadric
>>
>>384330347
>Hammerfell
Do people actually want this?
>>
>>384334882
>I've played and completed Oblivion many times.
was it autism
>>
>>384335121
Daedric was rare.
Everyone was wearing glass in my playthrough.
>>
>>384332909
The bigger issue here is that it is counter to the idea behind TES games. Scaling the way Oblivion did is stupid as well. Scaling can work but not in the way Oblivion did it.
>>
>>384335121
Well to be fair there are tons of oblivion gates
>>
>>384335121
I'd rather fight a challenge then have to go up against generic thief 339 who's still wearing fur armor and chucking rocks at me.
>>
>>384335103
It's an RPG, you shouldn't be min maxing skills you're not specialized in.
>>
>>384331009
>There is no reason why any other race than Argonians could go into the depths of Black Marsh due to the extreme amount of diseases and shit.
Oh fuck off with this bullshit, it's perfectly fine to be in Black Marshes despite Imperial propaganda. It's more about being a bloody swamp and generally uncomfortable to live in than "lol you're ded now". The shittiest diseases could easily be fixed with a magical "works-for-everything" vaccine anyway.
>>
>In The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, it appears at level 20, and can be obtained outside the Oblivion planes, most often on vampires, high level Dremora, and leveled enemies in caves and Dungeons. Otherwise, this armor is most often found on Valkynaz-rank Daedra in any Oblivion Gates and Marauder Warlords, another spot is at the Roxey Inn on an NPC.

I think it's not that bad to be honest. There's a daedric invasion anyway.
>>
They could do Summerset Isles being invaded by Maormer or Sload or something
Not sure what ESO actually did with the Maormer stuff in it
>>
Whats the new gimmic mechanic gonna be? We need to have one every game now thanks to dragons and dragon shouts.
>>
this thread kinda makes me want to play oblivion again...
>>
File: 1485812396808.jpg (111KB, 555x514px) Image search: [Google]
1485812396808.jpg
111KB, 555x514px
>>384335207
I do

>tfw you will never ride across the desert killing elves
>>
File: 1495248119694.jpg (321KB, 1146x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1495248119694.jpg
321KB, 1146x1600px
>>384330347
>using ESO aesthetic instead of the superiour TR aesthetic
that would be their first mistake
>>
>>384331009
a game set in Black Marsh with a good disease and survival system would be good, but it would make the game too easy if you were playing as an argonian
>>
>>384331040
Don't jinx it man, Todd might actually decide to drop all RPG elements for TES6 if you give him a chance
>>
>>384333079
Might be trying to give it some time, plus jumping right to the next game would kill the fuckhuge missing scene Skyrim has been enjoying.
>>
File: 1495310834981.jpg (536KB, 788x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1495310834981.jpg
536KB, 788x1003px
>>384336668
you are the Hoondingborn with the power to learn sword singing with no years of training or understanding of the underlying history
>>
>>384330424
Morrowind came first you fucking idiot
>>
>>384337440
>A Game of Thrones is the first novel in A Song of Ice and Fire, a series of fantasy novels by American author George R. R. Martin. It was first published on August 1, 1996. The novel won the 1997 Locus Award[2] and was nominated for both the 1997 Nebula Award[2] and the 1997 World Fantasy Award.[3]

>The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is an open world fantasy action role-playing video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the third installment in The Elder Scrolls series of games, following The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, and preceding The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It was released in North America in 2002 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox.
>>
File: 1463994383683.png (30KB, 514x352px) Image search: [Google]
1463994383683.png
30KB, 514x352px
>>384337561
So, did the opening theme play when you opened the book or what?
>>
>>384337746
The audiobook, yes.
>>
File: 1444776368291.jpg (30KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1444776368291.jpg
30KB, 720x480px
>>384337813
>>
>>384337813
Are you actually this retarded or are you just trolling?
>>
>>384337946
>>384337967
So this is what it looks like when a Bethesdrone runs out of arguments. Fascinating.
>>
File: 1445723327309.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1445723327309.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
we wuz potential
>>
>>384338043
alright you're just trolling got it
>>
>>384335207
Yes. Redguards didn't stop being badasses post-Yokuda, and Hammerfell is full of ruins, dungeons, fallen kingdoms, and shit to explore. It's a Bethesda spelunker paradise.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.