[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/ I'm thinking of getting one of the two new Atelier games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

/v/ I'm thinking of getting one of the two new Atelier games Firis or Sophie.

I've played basically every Atelier game since Rorona I'm just curious which of these two I should play first since time and all that.

Which do you guys like better?
>>
>>384329160
WALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJZWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJZKSNSBZKSNSBWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJZKSNSBKSNSB ZKSNSBWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJZKSNSB
WALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJWALDJUEJZWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJZKSNSBZKSNSBWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJZKSNSBNDPZLNXJDKKSJZKSNSBZKSNSBWALDJUEJZNDPZLNXJDKKSJZKSNSB
>>
>>384329256
What?
>>
Forget that OP, did they fix the port issues with any of them? I want an Atelier game on the PC, I'm willing to pay the $21 for one of them that's on sale. But I won't pay for a nonfunctional port.
>>
>>384329538
Do they not work well on PC? I was thinking of getting the one I pick on steam.
>>
>>384329628
I heard of several issues with the port. They had an update in April but some of the reviews aren't really mentioning any improvements or the functionality.
>>
>>384329736
They fixed Sophie's main problems, which were the CPU overheating and the laggy menus. Nothing wrong with it now.
>>
>>384329840
What was shitty about Firis?
>>
>>384329840
What about the low quality UI assets?
>>
>>384329875
Haven't played that yet, sorry.

>>384329880
The game looks good enough, but the UI assets were never changed, so you'll have to just endure it not being ultra pretty.
>>
>>384330010
I mean to be fair Atelier games aren't about looking amazing
>>
>>384329538
>>384329875

Both Firis and Sophie run with lower res 2D art, and both games have issues that will most likely never be fixed.

Sophie has some vita textures instead of the ps4 textures, but other then that Sophie on the PC is the superior bet.

Firis is broken as shit. On top of some of the post processing effects either being lesser on PC or non-existant compared to the ps4 version you have to have a pretty solid PC for it to not run like shit. In addition the anti-aliasing is barely there and overall the game looks terrible unless you downsample.

Both are still fun in there own way, but refunds exist.
>>
File: 1498212688067.png (839KB, 738x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498212688067.png
839KB, 738x1024px
>>384329160
I liked Firis better, but you should probably play Sophie before it though.
Sophie isn't bad, but it's a slow start.
Firis touches up the alchemy, the combat, the exploration, it feels less dead and empty and extra character interactions.

If you're only going to play one Mysterious game then go for Firis. If you're eventually going to play both, then play Sophie first.
>>
/v/ isn't a very good place to talk about Atelier, OP....

give r/atelier a shot. Community there is a bit more welcoming.
>>
>>384330402
I will play both eventually and it seems like Sophie is less buggy so that is the winner it seems. crafting is always my favorite part of Ateliere games, i hear they changed it again, is it still enjoyable?
>>
>>384330156
>but refunds exist.
You're right actually. Well, time to get Sophie. Thanks all.
>>
Is Shallie worth getting for Vita?
>>
>>384331120
Best version is PS3, but Vita is reasonable if you prefer portable
>>
File: ateliershallie_1512183.jpg (57KB, 400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ateliershallie_1512183.jpg
57KB, 400x1000px
>>384330863
Yeah, alchemy is still enjoyable.

>>384331120
Yes. Make sure you play Ayesha and E&L first.
There's a European physical release for it, so it might actually be cheaper to buy that than to buy it digital.

>>384331383
Shallie Plus has some extra content that the PS3 release doesn't.
>>
>>384329160
>/v/ I'm thinking of getting one of the two new Atelier games Firis or Sophie.

Wellll...... Sophie takes place before Firis, so you might as well start there.
>>
>>384329160
I've only played Sophie, but I absolutely loved it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.