[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are there any games that incorporate suicide as a positive game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: suicide.jpg (13KB, 647x404px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
13KB, 647x404px
are there any games that incorporate suicide as a positive game mechanic?

What I mean is not just "lel you can kill urself to reset" but an actual gamble as to wether you should die from natural causes or kill yourself before it happens to prevent difficulty ramping up or ensure a bonus to be present on the next game.
>>
>>384328891
The closest thing i can think of is the Valkyrie Profile games. You have to kill off your teammates (send them to valhalla) to get stronger. After you get rid of them you wont be able to use them till the very end of the game. Killing certain characters changes the story and endings too
>>
Only game I can think of that sorta has what you're looking for is Planescape: Torment. There are a few quests (and joke interactions) where killing yourself is important but I can't remember anything quite like dying to make the next run of the game more/less difficult.

Tokyo Jungle has a mechanic where you start getting old and need to mate to produce superior offspring before you die, and mating essentially ends the run right then and there so you can pick up as one of the kids for the next round.
>>
>>384328891
Damon's Souls, because of World Tendency
>>
>>384328891
No more room in hell when you're infected
>>
File: Baroque_Wii_US_rated.jpg (1MB, 1530x2150px) Image search: [Google]
Baroque_Wii_US_rated.jpg
1MB, 1530x2150px
This game is exactly what you're looking for.

Too bad it's terrible.
>>
Binding of isaac can lead to situations where killing yourself is beneficial to the run, especially with that one item that drops a shitload of items when you die (of course, you need a way to come back to make use of them)
>>
I don't know if alluding to something suicidal counts, but I think in persona 3 you shoot yourself in the head to awaken crazy diamond or something
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.