[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DmC: DMC is much better than MGRR and better than 2 of the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0137.jpg (228KB, 980x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.jpg
228KB, 980x300px
DmC: DMC is much better than MGRR and better than 2 of the original games as well, maybe 3 if you don't like the vibe of DMC 1.

People hate it because "the writing is bad", even though DMC 1-4 had some of the worst dialogue and story in gaming (fill your dark soul with light, entirety of dmc 3, entirety of dmc 4); the skill ceiling is lower (but still high compared to most games), even though 99% can't actually reach it in DMC 3 or 4; and because of the hair color.
>>
>>384319346
>and because of the hair color.

and you tipped your bait with this post

and any notice the surge of DmC shilling threads the moment this abortion goes on sale?
>>
>>384319346
Incorrect
>>
>>384319346

you call this turd a videogame?
>>
>and because of the hair color
It's been a while since I've seen a DmC bait / shilling thread
>>
File: IMG_0139.jpg (449KB, 2023x1449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0139.jpg
449KB, 2023x1449px
>>384320038
>>384320984

DmC was first revealed in Sept 15, 2010. Only a cinematic teaser was shown, no gameplay.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iSkOSnzmMi4

Let's look at forum posts around that time, pic related.

Yeah, nothing to do with hair at all right? Gameplay was only shown years later, and by that time, people had already decided to hate it.
>>
It saddens me knowing that people are going to take this bait seriously.
>>
>>384319346
____ ___
>>
>>384321378

>mfw DmC Definitive edition on PS4 sold more worldwide than DMC4 Special edition on PS4
>>
File: 1481766225503.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1481766225503.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>384319346
>>
so theyre giving away DmC for a dollar in humbo bundo, is it worth at that price or nah?
>>
>>384319346
>old DMC: cheesy writing that doesn't take itself very seriously
>DmC: obnoxious writing that takes itself very seriously
gee I wonder OP
>>
>>384324220
Its an ok game, in the sense that its got some flash and you can do some easy combos.
So for a dollar its not a complete waste.
Shit story, shit acting, somewhat decent gameplay.

Unless you're looking for DMC/NG gameplay, in which case you will be disappointed.
In a manner of speaking, its mostly good to give players the feeling of flashy action gameplay without the depth. Much like BamHam is a good enough beat-em up. Its no a game you play for the gameplay, but rather to get the feeling without putting in the work.
The DLC is somewhat better, but even edgier. Looks like a Bleach ripoff too.
>>
>>384324252

>haven't played the game

it shows, son
>>
>>384325667
hes right tho. Ive been playing it since buying the humble bundle the other day. What he said seems entirely correct
>>
>>384319346
>better than MGRR

No.

Ignoring the fact that the controls are not as tight as even DMC1, it is an absolute slap in the face to fans of the series that nobody asked for.

Pros: decent aesthetic, newscaster boss was cool.

Cons: Donte was a cunt. Vorgil was a CUNT. Bossfight with Mundus was weak sauce and looked like ass in every aspect. First boss got stuck when I played on the hardest difficulty, and i beat him to death with no resistance. Vorgil bossfight was "I wish I could capture the hype of the DMC3 ending". Nephelim. "Fuck you". Vorgil's assault rifle abortion.

I know OP is just trying to activate my almonds, but my shit has been activated since Capcom has been on a streak of fucking all my favorite franchises in the ass.
>>
>>384326138
sfv is good fuck you
re7 is good fuck you
>>
>>384326407
nope
>>
>>384326407
agreed, only bad thing capcom has done lately is maybe mvc infinite
>>
>>384319346
I know several people who never touched a DMC before DmC and they still thought the writing and characters were shit.

Level design is pretty great tho
>>
>>384321249
Because such renowned internet personas such as "LuffypwnsNaruto" and "professional gamer" undoubtedly lead the forefront of criticisms for DmC.
>>
>>384326407
>RE7

Wasn't bad

>SFV

Not as good as it's peers. Not even as good as previous entries in its own series.

Besides, when I speak of Crapcom's sins, I'm mostly talking about my butthurt over DMC, megaman, Mahvel, and even though 7 was okay, 6 and that spinoff sucked balls.
>>
It's shit because it's made for retarded God of War audience who want everything to happen just by mashing two buttons, compared to DMC 3 and 4 which are arguably the best H&S games in history in terms of gameplay.
>>
>>384319346
>DmC: DMC is much better than MGRR
MGR is not a high bar to overcome, however it still semi competent animations and basics of combat even if it wastes it all due to lack of polish and general.

However DmC doesn't reach even that low bar.

> better than DMC1
lolno
>>
>>384326407
>re7 is good
It's a good nu-horror game, it's a fucking awful RE game
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.