[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Capcbros like Street Fighter and Marvel but none

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: capcomfighting.png (335KB, 584x566px) Image search: [Google]
capcomfighting.png
335KB, 584x566px
Why do Capcbros like Street Fighter and Marvel but none of these games?
>>
Joke's on you, I have Rival Schools and Power Stone on-disc and I downloaded Darkstalkers resurrection.
>>
Only one of those is a legitimate fighting game. Rest are just for casual fun or kusoge tier.
>>
>>384317230
They love Power Stone
>>
>>384317230
>no JoJo
>>
>>384317230
Don't believe I've ever heard of Tech Romancer.

Love the shit out of Darkstalkers, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 604x604px
Why don't they just start adding Darkstalkers charactes to Street Fighter? They've done it with Final Fight.
>>
>>384320802
Mechanics are too different.
>>
>>384319568
all of these games are more fun than SF
>>
File: My face, My soul.webm (415KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
My face, My soul.webm
415KB, 1280x720px
>>384317230
>Still no power stone 3
I mean at this point it might be bad but damn if i don't want it.
>>
>>384317230
I've never heard anyone say they dislike Star Gladiator. There's just no reason to bring it up.
>>
>>384317230
They aren't paid to like them
>>
File: 1478577559841.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1478577559841.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>384319568
>>
Why, that's simple, anon. It's because you decide who "Capcbros" are. Any time one of them does like one of the games you listed, you decide they aren't a "Capcbro".
>>
>>384321717
I just know that Hayato is from that game. Rival Schools comes up quite a bit and so does Cyberbots and Power Stone, but no one talks about Star Gladiator.
>>
>>384317230
I love all of those games though. Yes, even Red Earth and Cyberbots. Plasma Sword is a million miles ahead of Star Gladiator.

>>384319568
This guy is right, though minus the kusoge part, fuck off. Okay, maybe Cyberbots, but it was a cool enough concept with some of the most unique fighters in fightan. As fun as they are, none is really EVO mainstage material.
>>
>>384317230
I love powerstone but I've never heard of or care about any of the other ones
>>
File: 61008990_p1.png (875KB, 1267x1478px) Image search: [Google]
61008990_p1.png
875KB, 1267x1478px
>>384321717

I only bring it up when I wanna mention June, who I believe is the most underrated Capcom girl.
>>
>>384322312
>but no one talks about Star Gladiator
Which is a damn shame. The first game is pretty fun and the second is awesome, great music and art style too
>>
Don't really care about fighting games but I loved powerstone back in the dreamcast days. MvC2 was the shit also
>>
Not all of these games may be very well made on a high competition level, but many of capcom's longtime fans were made by these games. Their personalities shone through with their characters, settings, and even music, and the fact that capcom is just ignoring them all shows that they've completely lost any hint of what made them near household names in their hayday.
>>
>>384322312
>tfw Hayato is arguably the best-made newcomer in MvC2
>every one of his normals is taken directly out of the two games
>he has a totally unique mechanic that allows him to perform his combo trees from SG
>he has a super that, while different in its exact function, pays tribute to the Plasma Field mechanic in Plasma Sword
>he is the one character in the game with a dash attack, which can be one or two hits just like his dashing slash in his games
>sprites of several SG/PS characters appear in his victory pose sometimes, and he has a super that changes his sprite to his "Evil Ryu" form briefly
>his games are massively slept on but tons of fun
>tfw he wound up being not very good in a game dominated by the top tiers and so got buried and neither his games nor the incredible work put into him in MvC2 ever got the recognition that they deserved

Ah well, at least there was a surprising amount of representation in Project X Zone 2. Also Tekkaman Blade's ending in TvC is fucking hype
>>
File: Plasma_Sword_June.png (196KB, 383x750px) Image search: [Google]
Plasma_Sword_June.png
196KB, 383x750px
>>384322594
never heard of this game before but yeah she's lewd
>>
They just love forcing Ryu's tiny cock down our throats
>>
>>384317230
>Tech Romancer
>Power Stone
These arguably aren't fighting games. They don't cater to the same audience. Great games though.

>Darkstalkers
Best of the bunch. Lives in this weird area where it's too over the top for people who like old school games, but too simplistic for people who play airdasher games. It ends up only satisfying a very small group of fans. Character designs and art are the only good things about that franchise.

>Rival Schools
Didn't bring anything unique to the table other than that it was 3D, and better than the EX games. Now that SF is in 3D, it doesn't seem that special.

>Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword
Forgettable Soul Calibur knockoff. Not a bad game, but didn't have much going for it. Second game was better, but launched at a bad time when capcom decided to stop supporting fighting games.

>Cyberbots
Mediocre.

>Red Earth
Play Red Earth some time, and then ask yourself why nobody plays it. Glorified tech demo for the CPS3 arcade board.
>>
Cyberbots is pretty fun.
>>
>>384324590
>Lives in this weird area where it's too over the top for people who like old school games, but too simplistic for people who play airdasher games.
That's because it's literally the evolutionary transitional phase between the two.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.