[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read the guide for the first 5 hours >Got the Drake sword,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
>read the guide for the first 5 hours
>Got the Drake sword, figured out stat scaling, got to Darkroot Garden and stopped reading the guide soon after
>Now in Anor Londo
>Having a blast every step of the way
>30 hours deep in this bitch

Why didn't /v/ tell me this was so fucking great? You guys bitch about so much. It's honestly one of the best games I've played in the last few years. I was playing TW3 and I completely forgot about that (not a diss to TW3, I'll get back to it... eventually). Is SOTFS and III worth checking out after I beat this game?
>>
>read the guide

you fucked up your first playthrough of your first souls game. congratulations, moron.
>>
>>384312071
>read the guide for the first 5 hours

Are you always this big a bitch?
>>
>>384312071
III definitely is, Scholar is pretty ass.
>>
>>384312071
>Why didn't /v/ tell me this was so fucking great?
laugh
my
ass
off
>>
>>384312071
>Guide
Fuck, why don't you just get someone else to play the game for you? How about just cheating all the items onto your save so you don't have to go to the trouble of walking to and picking them up?
>>
File: 1493185525670.jpg (100KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493185525670.jpg
100KB, 1280x1024px
>>384312156
>>384312181
>boo hoo someone is enjoying a videogame.

Read as many or as few guides as you want OP, there is a ton of shit in these games, so both stumbling onto it and reading a guide are really completely valid.
>>
>>384312071
directly after anor londo are the most hated and criticized parts. the bosses become blatantly unfair and theres a serious lack of unique items. almost every loot is a soul.
>>
>>384312705
you mean he's "enjoying" the video game like the author of the guide intended him to. he's not experiencing it on his own, he's experiencing what some random person wants him to experience.

which is known as fucking up your playthrough if you care about anything at all besides taking the easy way out.
>>
>>384312705

Please tell me you found the painted world or DLC without looking it up. You know, if you did even bother going there and seeing all of the game.
>>
>>384312705
Might as well just watch a lets play, hand holding faggot.
>>
>>384312705
Reading a guide for a Souls game is like reading the Wikipedia summary for a book's story.

It isn't valid. Fuck you.
>>
>>384312071
>>read the guide for the first 5 hours
Already failed
Dont bother with DaS2 just skip to 3.
>>
>>384312071
Everyone says the Souls series is great you fucking nitwit. Even 2 is better than most other games, just not as good as DeS, 1, or BB, with 3 being debatably better or worse I guess depending on what you like (builds or BB-mini).
>>
>>384312940
The painted world is easy to find... DLC tho I give ya fosho
>>
>>384314315
3 beats it by a landslide.
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>>384312071

dark Souls is essential /v/-core like Silent Hill 2, FF7, and Vampire: the masquarade.
>>
>>384314406
the painted world is harder to find. not only do you have to figure out how to return to the asylum, but you need to remember to explore the whole place after fighting stray demon.
>>
>>384312071
Dark Souls is utter shit, most of the time it's outright unfair and punishes you for shit, keeping in mind it's full of bugs and gameplay is clunky and unresponsive.

Dark Souls 2 fixes the gameplay problems and fixes stats too, but people shit on it because it doesn't follow up their shitty non-story from DS1.

Dark Souls 3 is even better with it's faster gameplay, but the stats are dumbed down, every boss wields a sword and the world is crammed into a tiny space, taking away some of the sense of adventure. Ringed City DLC is perfect though.
>>
I'm playing DSIII for the first time and dont want to look up a guide, but when should I try and tackle the painted world dlc? Also, where do I go from the church of yorshka? I made it to the giant but I feel like im missing something in the city area.
>>
>>384312071
reading guide when you are stuck at the same spot for at least 2 hours is ok
using the drake sword is never ok
>>
>>384314994
>the painted world is harder to find. not only do you have to figure out how to return to the asylum
the key for it is glowing, in order to get to the key you need to be halfway there

you just gotta have the balls to make the jump, which because it's like 20 seconds from a bonfire, it only takes like plastic tier balls
>>
>>384315267
painted world I found on my own, hated those fucking bird things, is there a dlc area in there?
>>
>>384315202
That game is linear shit, i'm pretty sure all you have to do is go straight down the hall. When you first go into the painted world, there's literally a sign on the floor that tells you to come after fucking around Lothric's Castle.

From the church you either go past Sulyvahn into Anor Londo and kill Aldrich, or Go down the sewers and kill Yhorm, he pretty much lives in Sulyvahn's basement.
>>
>>384315498
Thanks. I got the painted world bonfire and just immediately left so I probably just missed the message like a moron.
From what I've seen, the game is pretty linear, yeah, but I feel like it does a pretty good job of disguising it.
>>
>>384315267
what are you talking about? the asylum has a bonfire...i'm saying it's not easy to figure out that you need to curl up in the crow's nest for much longer than you'd think.
>>
>>384312071
Nice try fromdrone. This game gets shilled constantly.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.