[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3 hours to launch. Will the game get boring with zero combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

3 hours to launch.

Will the game get boring with zero combat elements?
>>
Cant be worse than Rime, right?
>>
fuck off shill
>>
>>384312004

The fuck is Rime?
>>
>>384311954
>singleplayer
might pirate
>>
>>384312303

that's the plan for me. don't trust there to be lasting appeal when you have an open world with no combat
>>
>>384312381
if it was multiplayer i'd see why there might be no need for no combat but a combatless open world exploration game? if there's puzzles it might be nice
im gonna actually see what the fuck it is
>>
>>384312509

Well it has Harvest Moon elements to keep it going and quests. However, i don't know what kind of quests they can have in something like this without them devolving into fetch/talk chains.
>>
>>384312771
i think the most concerning thing is it coems out in 4 hours and there's no pricetag yet
>>
It looks kind of comfy can you build your own shit?
>>
>>384314637

Kind of? I've only seen a little of the youtube stuff for people who got early codes and you can build farm buildings.

Dunno about settlements and shit.
>>
>>384313029

I think devs mentioned it'll be $20. Not sure where.
>>
>indie game
>artstyle isn't absolutely atrocious and/or pixelshit

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>384316675

Breaking the cycle.
>>
>>384312771
>Well it has Harvest Moon elements to keep it going and quests

Any waifus?

Any reason to give a shit about building anything?
>>
2 hours until release and this game still doesn't have a torrent up. Where the fuck are the Russians when you need them.
>>
>>384318545

No fucking clue. Youtubers who had access to the game early were given limitations on content they could show before launch.
>>
Kinda dig the character style.
>>
>>384318615

with a little luck a torrent will drop within an hour of launch
>>
>>384318545

No clue on the waifus. Definitely farming and constructing farm buildings.
>>
>>384319132
Looks pretty standard lo-fi indie style. If it's 2d it's faux 8bit, if it's 3d it's low poly with simple texture work
>>
>>384319649

yeah 3d low poly
>>
>>384311954

Game is only 3.75GB meaning there is fuck all content.
>>
>>384319771
It's starting to feel a bit overdone. The lighting seems a bit overblown too, reminds me of the Wind Waker remake

What is this game about, first time I'm hearing about it
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/666140

Did you guys play the demo for this yet?
>>
I only found out the game from /v/.
guess this game gonna fail so hard.
>>
>>384319967

I suppose it's designed to be to be a comfy exploration game with farming and quests and collecting shit.

No combat though unfortunately.

Seems to just a be a do whatever the fuck you want kinda game.
>>
>>384320141

I only found out about it because Aavak was putting up videos of it on youtube. Hadn't heard of the fucking game before then.
>>
>>384319132
What's with the disgusting blue tint and glow everything has?
>>
This looks really comfy. I might buy it for $20.
>>
>>384320150
>No combat
The dude is beating a rat looking thing with a sword in the trailer on the steam page.
>>
>>384320698

Developers specifically said no combat.

Where at on the page? One of the videos? Don't see it in any of the screenshots.
>>
>>384320430
Waste of money, guaranteed
>>
>>384320931
48 seconds on the trailer.
>>
>>384321050

Nothing there in the trailer dude. You looking at the page someone posted earlier in here for My Time in Portia? There's a rat getting smacked in that.
>>
File: 1470670042779.gif (2MB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1470670042779.gif
2MB, 500x297px
>>384321208
Oh shit I thought this was the same game.

M-my bad.
>>
>>384321050

wrong page then dude, this is the game page for Yonder.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/580200/
>>
>>384321327

Super similar artstyle. And concept too... weird.

Easy to mixup.
>>
>>384311954
the fuck is this? botw?
>>
>>384321547

no combat the game with giant empty spaces, empty caves.

3.75GB no man's sky
>>
>>384321547

Art style is eerily similar.

>>384321628

Not sure I'd go as far as to compare to NMS. Considering that game promised way too fucking much and didn't deliver even 1% of that for a AAA backed game.
>>
>>384311954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_0Aij0Pa98

6-7hrs of main story
little world interactions
picking up rocks only the game
not much thinking, not much risk reward gameplay

Looks like 'My time at portia' is the better game.

Looks like there is a trend of Americans living in Australia, make horrible games.
>>
>>384322181

Was that review supposed to back your claim of a horrible game? He basically said its a good game with a couple major flaws.
>>
>>384322181
So this is just NMS but worse? Yeah, a drop from me the video showed just a walking simulator with some crafting and nothing else.
>>
>>384323142

That's why they didn't have a demo, go play that games demo >>384320096
>>
>>384323460

shill pls go
>>
>>384323885

Thanks, good to know i shilled a better game.
>>
>>384324413

No, you shilled your game. Fuck off dev.
>>
A shame there is little to no content. I'd wait for cubeworld in 16 years.
>>
>>384325863

Thanks remember to play My Time at Portia™ Demo which you can find here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/666140

My Time at Portia is a simulation open world RPG game. The world is set in a post-apocalypse setting. Humans are few and relics from the past are everywhere. The player will need to start a new life in a town on the edge of civilization called Portia. The player will start a workshop and build things with relics from the past for the betterment of society. The goal of the game is to make the workshop as big as possible.

We want to enrich the world with other NPCs that have their unique behaviors. Characters will go to school, do their jobs, workout, and have fun. They also have unique stories for the player to experience. The player will be able to get into relationships with other characters, be them friendships or romances. Romances can end in marriages.

Players can gather materials from an open world. Cut down tree, pick up herbs, mine in ruins, even plant your own garden. There are vast areas for the player to explore around Portia. Deserts, islands, reefs, highlands, marshlands, and more! Each area bringing their own unique items and monsters. There are two different types of dungeons in this game. Players can gather relics and ores from the abandoned dungeons, and fight off monsters to gain look in the hazardous dungeons.

We hope to give the player a truly memorable time in this game, of a warm and welcoming little town full of experiences.
>>
>>384326224

Cubeworld? More like vaporworld.
>>
>>384327013

VAPEWORLD AM I RIGHTHAHAHAHAH WEED MORE WEED BROUOOOO WEEFBVERH IJKLCQ;SW'
Z
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/677180/Pantropy/

Play this game too, Pantropy

WHAT IS PANTROPY?
Pantropy is a science-fiction based multiplayer game for players who want to make their own story. You’ll need to band together to thrive in this lush and dangerous world. Luckily, there are factions just waiting to welcome you into their ranks. Are you going to grind resources and craft a powerful mech? Or maybe you’d prefer to set up a mining station to do the hard work for you and hunt down enemy factions instead.

Players spawn on the outer regions of the island and must travel deep into enemy territory in order to get the greatest loot and highest value ores. In the centre of the map, mobs are powerful and won’t hesitate to pick off lone travelers as battles rage across the landscape. With multiple biomes to conquer, a vast range of weaponry, and highly customisable bases, Pantropy is not for the soft-hearted. Whether you build your base above or below ground, enemy factions will come for you.
FEATURES
● In-depth crafting system
● Faction based gameplay
● Farming automation
● Complex base building
● Anti offline-raid system
● PVE and PVP
● Personal modular mechs
● Global events
● Battle-based gameplay
● XP systems and rewards
● Multiple biomes
● Multi-crew vehicles
● Faction quest system
>>
>>384318545
>>384319018
>>384319354
Confirmed no waifus. Their reason being they're not confident enough in their writing skills. Though they said they'd add marriage if they can make the writing good enough.
>>
>>384327702
Sounds like a shit game.
>>
>>384327702
From the PC Invasion review: "But once the main 4-5 hour quest is done, you’ve seen the extent of what the game has to offer. That wouldn’t automatically be a problem, except the crafting and farm ownership aspects are too superficial to act as a compelling reason to return."

big empty no man sky tier with botw collectathon bullshit that will put the majority of people off who aren't autistic. Then they will add paid DLC in 3 months to add in the gameplay that wasn't there.
>>
>>384319771
That's not low poly.
>>
>>384311954
Looks like they're just throwing you onto a map with not much to actually do
>>
is it free
>>
>>384328367

Every reviewer has finished the game in 4-7hrs that is not a good sign at all.

even stardew valley is fucking longer than that
>>
>>384328403

$20 + tip
>>
The fishing seems comfy as fuck. Might get it only for fishing.
>>
I wish it was like Rune Factory. When people started posting about it I thought it might be. Real shame.
>>
>>384320096
Very little of it. It's on my radar though. I'm somewhat hopeful.
>>
Just watched the trailers on steam.
I approve of the art style.
But what the fuck is up with that same weird animation for 'petting' the animals?
>>
>1.7GB download
>>
>>384328431
Stardew Valley doesn't really have a main story or a point of completion.

It seems like Yonder has a short main story, but it's still possible to continue afterwards. If the farming and fishing is fun, then I wouldn't give a fuck about main story.
>>
>>384327353
>>384326953
>>384322181
Surprisingly good graphics for indie games, they won'y sell shit without markeing though.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.