[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropping this game right now. Fucking faggots for blaming Luke.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 10

File: 1394029847564.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1394029847564.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Dropping this game right now. Fucking faggots for blaming Luke. They can all go to hell except for Ion.

Shit game
>>
>>384300854
Jade isn't mad because of that. Anise and Guy are hypocrites.
>>
>>384300854
I couldn't stand this game for more than 10 hours. The dungeons were a tremendous downgrade from Symphonia and I wasn't gonna put up with Luke being a little bitch for any longer.
>>
>only things Tales games have going for them are combat and characters since the stories are usually garbage
>Abyss tries its hardest to make you hate everyone
>>
They're more upset that he's being a whiny bitch about it than what he actually did. That and the fact that he's been a dickhead ambassador for the past several hours of the game.

And before you bring up the child thing only Jade knows about that and he's been proven to be an asshole before this.
>>
>>384300854
Luke a shit, I nominate that faggot as the worst main character in the story of vidya.
>>
>Luke is a genuine jackass
>The one time something actually isn't his fault everyone thinks it's his fault

lel
>>
>>384301624
t. faggot that only played for 3 hours
>>
File: 1496592062728.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496592062728.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>384301252
There's a point in the game where he decides not to be a little bitch. It's like a whole scene where he says "I will not be as annoying anymore player because character development has happened"
I stopped playing at some point past then though so I don't think they did a good job with that
>>
>>384301730
I hate his character archetype, fuck Luke, also fuck Neku from TWEWY.
>>
>>384301146
Why was Jade mad? I forgot.
>>
>>384302015
Both are terrible MCs from terrible games.
>>
>>384301832

He has at least two scenes of that happening, the first one where he says that, and the second where he realizes he needs to stand by and maintain his friends, then Guy becomes the best bro character in the entire series.
>>
>>384301628
>found out that he literally has the mental capacity of a child
>luke, you monster! youre fucking hitler
maybe you shouldnt have let the retard lead the group you idiots
>>
File: Tales_Of_Legendia_Art_01pe_573.jpg (85KB, 282x405px) Image search: [Google]
Tales_Of_Legendia_Art_01pe_573.jpg
85KB, 282x405px
>>384301354
>Abyss tries its hardest to make you hate everyone
It has nothing on Legendia in that department.
>>
>>384302457
At least that game had Chloe, her suit is a powerful boner inducer.
>>
>>384301730
Just because he mellows out a bit doesn't stop him from being an annoying fuck.
>>
>>384302069
Something autistic for sure.
>>
>>384301252
Symphonia dungeons are absolute dogshit, don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>384301628
I believe you mean

>Kidnap a guy and tell him to kill his father figure, the one man who has shown him any affection
>While treating him like dirt
>>
>>384300854
Guy was a bro the whole time. Tear stayed with Luke too. The rest can fuck off, especially Anise. No one cared when she fucked up.
>>
>>384304016
Tear actually made an effort to apologise to Luke for the harsh treatment and tried to understand Luke even before the Princess joins, Tear is based.
>>
>>384304016
>the whole time
>wanting to kill a child
>bro
>>
>>384304005
>realise that he's basically a child
>still treat him like dirt
>even when he's trying his hardest to do the right thing and cope with what he is

This is what really pissed me off about the game. Meanwhile Anise can be as calculated as she wants but she gets the benefit of the doubt just fine.
>>
>>384300854
Guy stays with you, being the bro that he is.
Tear stays with you, knowing she's partly reponsible.
Jade later admits he fucked up, he knew Luke was a replica. 'Those deaths are on my hands too, add them to the pile.'
Natalia gets so fucking wet with Asch she totally dismisses you, for the most part.
Anise is the real bitch that gets no sort of redemption whatsoever.

Nobody knew you were a nuke and they mostly shit on Luke because, well, he just nuked a city. Luke owns up to what he did, grows some balls without being an edgy faggot.
>>
>>384304261
Children are shit
>>
>>384304834
t. manchild
>>
>>384302457
The only character I ever see people complain about in Legendia is Shirley. When Abyss is brought up, you'll always see several people complain about different characters from it, with it being Luke, Anise and Jade as the most common ones.
>>
>>384304965
t. depressed dad
>>
>>384305005
Jade is literally perfect. How can someone shit on him?
>>
>>384305187
>falling for the psychiatric jew
>>
>>384300854
No one would've been THAT harsh to him if he didn't constantly say that it wasn't his fault. They knew he wasn't 100% responsible, but at the end of the day he still did it, and it was telling that him being blamed is all he cared about at the time
The party was right.
>>
>>384302457
That cast lacked chemistry but the characters weren't unlikable, especially when you get to the Character Arcs.
>>
>>384304330
He looks like an adult, it can be hard to disconnect his appearance with what he really is. I believe the characters ingame go "oh yeah, I forgot you have the mind of a child" several times through the course of the game. Also he was an insufferable faggot that cost a shitload of people their lives, imagine the most punchable kid in the face of the Earth and then imagine he's got the appearance of an adult and tell me you'd hold back from punching the shit out of him. If anything, everyone else has the patience of a saint for putting up with him.

Anise did what she did because she was being blackmailed so she's got a reasonable excuse.
>>
In the end, the only two two friends that Luke had throughout the entire game were Tear and Guy. Everyone else felt like a co-worker relationship.
>>
>>384300854
>spend double digit hours playing this game on 3DS
>remember only that Luke was a clone, people have to sing to cast spells, original Luke commits sudoku
>literally just that

Pretty meh game
Green robed retard was best girl (male)
>>
>>384303751
He was mad Van is using replica tech,
and that luke didn't discuss Vans plan with anyone
>>
>>384305464
>everyone else has the patience of a saint for putting up with him

U wot m8

They brought it on themselves, everyone but Tear didn't even start being nice to him till like halfway through the game.
>>
>>384305464
>she's got a reasonable excuse

She's responsible for the death of the very person she was supposed to protect and the blackmail thing doesn't excuse her hypocritial personnality.
>>
>>384306003
Huh? Guy and Natalia too. The former because he genuinely was his friend, and the latter because she thought he was Asch.
>>
>>384306003
>They brought it on themselves
How did they deserved him acting like a spoiled brat from the very start and leveling an entire town?

>>384306348
Well it was him or her parents. About her being a gold digger I don't think that's hypocritical if she never tries to hide she's after money. You could say she's greedy I guess, even though she wanted the money to get her eternally naive parents out of their immense debt.
>>
>>384306348

It was pretty clear she wanted his D too, so being the cause of his death was pretty shitty for her. More so than "I just blew up a bunch of random people I don't care about and IT"S NOT MY FAULT"
>>
>Woah hey let's not tell this guy just how powerful he is and treat him like shit.
>Dude fucks up because he is just following the only person he trusts and actually tells him shit.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DO YOU ALWAYS FUCK UP
>>
>>384307445
No1 knew he could do that shit until that point in the game though HE NEVER featured that power until then
>>
>>384307445
They only find out after he kills a whole town. The only one up until that point that even suspected anything was Jade and he probably didn't think things would get so out of hand and even if he had he probably wouldn't have cared enough to do something about it. As far as everyone else knew Luke was just a random obnoxious aristocrat.
>>
File: 1493247593015.png (289KB, 1069x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493247593015.png
289KB, 1069x1200px
>it's another "Luke did nothing wrong" thread
He was a complete fucking jackass all the way to this event.
No wonder that everyone treat him like shit and continue to bully the everliving fuck out of him afterwards just to ensure he will finally start growing up a little.
Honestly the only glaring flaw of this game is Anise who honestly should've been killed on a spot.
>>
>>384307812
>>384308106
Haven't played the game in years but I remember Tear and Jade (Or whatever the obnoxious anime guy with glasses archetype is named) always wanted to hide stuff from him.
>>
>>384308579
Tear didn't really hide that much after awhile. The only thing she 2 things hid was that she was Vans sister and that she came from the Quilphoth. Jade hid shit from everyone though
>>
>>384308579
Tear didn't tell anyone of Van's whole plan but I don't recall how much she even knew, not like Luke would've bought it since he idolized Van. Jade didn't tell him he was a clone because he wasn't 100% sure himself, and because that's not an easy thing to lay on someone, not like Luke would've believed him either. Plus Jade was kind of a dick.
>>
File: Guy_Status_(TotA).jpg (276KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Guy_Status_(TotA).jpg
276KB, 800x1024px
Since the moment Guy joined the party I basically only used him, probably one of the most fun Tales of characters to play.

At the moment you have to duel against your clone I had no idea of which Luke's moves were good.

Pretty good game, by the way, only Tales of I did NG+.
>>
>>384305331
I think the real problem people have with the Abyss cast is that they're just as guilty as Luke, hell with the exception of Guy none of the party gave Luke any reason to trust them. But rather than acknowledge their own failings they'd rather blame the one thing on Luke that really wasn't his fault.

The fact that Luke literally didn't know any better and they did, but still use Luke as a scapegoat makes them all look like hypocrites. Of the group only Guy really realized that they were being hypocritical assholes.
>>
>>384305464
Anise could have gotten one of the party members to save her parents, but she didn't because reasons.
>>
>>384308870
Tear hid the fact that she knew Van couldn't be trusted, but rather than say why she'd always clam up.
>>
>>384310816
She straight up told people that she didnt trust him at all
>>
>>384305586
Well one of the party members was a literal spy for the church, another one was a sarcastic middle aged man, and another was his sort-of-fiance-but-not-really, so yeah
>>
>>384310554
>hey dude gimme a small fortune that I will probably never repay you, because friendship and stuff
>oh and I can't tell you why I need it until after you give it to me because if you go run your mouth off instead of quietly handing me the money my parents could wind up dead
Never mind the fact that none of them were really best buddies with her. Luke was a fag, Jade probably didn't care and their relationship was more that of coworkers, Ion was neck deep in it with her, she didn't really know Tear or Natalia, and Guy was just a manservant not that she knew him well enough to ask him for money either.
>>
>>384310923
But she never said why, instead she just clammed up whenever it came to actually explaining herself.
>>
>>384311447
By the time the two month time skip happened that was no longer the sitatuation.

Like had changed and was desperate to be useful to someone, Jade is pragmatic and would still save her parents since it meant taking away Mohs's ability Powerade, Guy was a count, and Natalia likely also hated Mohs's guts for the shit he pulled, Tear no longer believed in Mohs either.

Anise had a lot of people who would have helped her.
>>
>>384312553
>Like had changed and was desperate to be useful to someone
He was also not a real aristocrat anymore and still kind of an idiot, even if a well-meaning one. Also he had to go through his "parents" and that meant telling them the Church's head honcho was a blackmailing kidnapper, which wasn't a safe thing to do considering a major plot point was how everyone trusted their lives to what the Church said.
>Jade is pragmatic
Also probably the least trustworthy person in the entire party.
>Guy was a count
Count of a land that didn't exist anymore. He didn't have a dime to his name nor any family to ask for money.
>Natalia likely also hated Mohs's guts for the shit he pulled
She was also not the actual King's daughter but rather some random working class couple's child. Also she had to go through the King to get the money which meant explaining things to him.
>Tear no longer believed in Mohs either
I don't think Tear had all that much money at her disposal.
>>
>>384300854
>you will never be stylin enough to have a pacman belt
>>
>>384314625
Holy shit
>>
File: 1491194876693.jpg (7KB, 261x203px) Image search: [Google]
1491194876693.jpg
7KB, 261x203px
>>384314625
fuckin hell never realized that

Jade confirmed goat of all tales
>>
>>384300854

They don't know about what really happened though. Anyone would blame Luke under those circumstances since he was still responsible.
>>
I forget, at the end Luke takes gets that other niggers body and returns right?
>>
>>384315960
It's unclear. Probably they share one mind and body now.
>>
Anise is a cunt. That is all.
>>
>Luke did nothing wrong
>literally destroys an entire city because he doesn't think about the repercussions of his actions

When /v/ stop liking stupid characters? e.g. Adachi too
>>
This was the worst game I've ever played. Fuck Abyss. 0/10 Trash.
>>
File: 1498011966653.jpg (18KB, 449x336px) Image search: [Google]
1498011966653.jpg
18KB, 449x336px
>>384301252
its funny because 10 hours in is exactly when something happens that triggers a massive change in lukes character. you are supposed to dislike him at the start of the game.
>>
File: slut.jpg (280KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
slut.jpg
280KB, 800x1024px
>>384300854
I love you OP. I don't know why many other people don't feel that way. I also thought it was kinda stupid that most of the party put the blame on Luke when it wasn't his fault he was tricked. I think half the reason they were annoyed though was because Luke wasn't being proactive to his mistake; either way, I thought the whole party were being cunts.

Also I wish Luke stayed as a sarcastic spoiled kid. He became a really boring character when he became JRPG Gary Stu #214 after he cut his hair. I really hated the party personalities in this game more than Tales of Zesteria's... though Rose from Zesteria is the second most hated Tales character for me. Pic related is the most hated Tales character for me.

What a hypocritical, money-grubbing, unattractive, loli slut.
>>
>>384316375

I liked him before he cut his hair.

At least he wasn't a doormat.
>>
>>384310420
if you make a mistake that kills thousands of people and then completely deny your culpability in it, people arent going to give a shit if its not entirely your fault. the majority of fault doesnt even lie with luke, its vans fault obviously. but luke didn't tell anyone about his plans and yeah, he is directly responsible for what happened.
>>
>>384316482
Right? He went from entertaining asshole to beta male. And then the party keeps bringing up how much he's changed as if it's trying to convince you into thinking it was good character development.
>>
File: so deep and philosophical.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
so deep and philosophical.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>REEEE everyone's a dick

Well yeah that's sort of the point. What I like about Abyss is that the main party is together for utilitarian and political reasons who grow closer as time goes on.

The Akzeruth scenes are well-written because the event is an absolute tragedy from every angle. The rest of the party is pissed because they just saw a child choke to death on poisoned mud while Luke refused to take any responsibility for his part in what happened. Meanwhile, Luke is having a nervous breakdown because his father-figure, the only one he's trusted in his 7 years of life betrayed him and used him to nuke a city.

No one is in the wrong and nobody is in the right. An abject catastrophe just occurred before their eyes and so they all snapped. The problem with how it was presented was we only really saw Luke's point of view. The others were busy helping people while he was just sitting around until he found Van and then shit hit the fan. No one else saw how deeply Luke was manipulated but their ignorance of the matter wasn't really driven home.

Everyone is flawed. Pic related is Jade attempting to divulge some truth to Luke about who he is but his nervousness gets the best of him. That's what I love about this game.
>>
I love how ToA is the only game to spark debate threads like this
>>
>>384303884
I'll take puzzle dungeons over generic, winding corridors with enemies any day of the week. If you honestly had trouble with any of the puzzles in Symphonia, you're just stupid - plain and simple.
>>
>>384316293
>because he doesn't think about the repercussions of his actions
LITERALLY no one besides the antagonist ever gave him the time of day and didn't treat him like shit. Who the FUCK would listen to Jade and crew over Van at that point?
>>
>>384305464
>Anise did what she did because she was being blackmailed so she's got a reasonable excuse.

IIRC there isn't any small scale surveillance devices aside from maybe GPS, so she was literally the only way for Mohs to get info on the group
>>
>>384317275
>LITERALLY no one besides the antagonist ever gave him the time of day and didn't treat him like shit.
He was the most hateable cunt ever written into a video game so yeah he deserved that. And it's not like Van didn't hate him either, he just put up with him because he wanted to earn his trust.
>>
>>384317275
>LITERALLY no one besides the antagonist ever gave him the time of day and didn't treat him like shit.

You act like a shit you get treated like one. And Luke really was a little shit. Though the circumstances were extreme, he ultimately got the kick in the ass he needed to become a better person.
>>
This is why you play superior Vesperia PS3

No faggot Luke or Abyss party members
>>
>>384317274
It's not that Symphonia's dungeons are hard. They aren't, in the least.
It's that their puzzles usually range from 'a corridor with occasional mindless inputs' to 'an extreme exercise in tedium', typically leaning toward the latter. You describe the key problem with Symphonia's puzzles, actually: they're not hard and you get no satisfaction from solving them, but many of them still take an assload of time to actually finish anyway.
I'd rather have empty corridors if the alternative is kindergartner-friendly puzzles that are basically just excuses to waste your time.
>>
>>384300854
i literally want to fuck guy so badly

i bet luke pounds that hot boipussy on the daily
>>
>>384319747
nah
>>
It's nice.
>>
>>384300854
Luke did nothing wrong and everything could have been prevented if anyone in the party had taken ten minutes to sit down and talk to him like a real human being and explain what was going on. They didn't, Luke had no reason not to trust whatshisname as a result, and the rest of the party pushes the blame onto Luke to avoid recognising their own responsibility in the matter.
Fuck Jade in particular, since he keeps bringing it up and reminding Luke how it was totally all his fault throughout the game.
>>
>>384316293
>>literally destroys an entire city because he doesn't think about the repercussions of his actions
Even if he had sat down and thought about it, he had zero information to tell him what would have happened, and no reason to believe that anything bad was going to happen, because none of the party ever explained anything to him.

You may as well have a scenario where Luke was locked in a box with nothing around him but a red button on the wall, a sheet of information that says "pressing this button will get you out of here", and nothing else. Then Luke presses the button because he has no other information and the button nukes a town off the map and you say Luke was stupid because he should have known better.
>>
>>384300854
>That fucking slut who bashed Luke the most ends up being a traitor
I hated everyone in Abyss but I think that's what made the game good, it just felt so different having a party filled with assholes. At first I thought Berseria would be like this too
>>
>>384316438

>unattractive

You take that back right now.
>>
Ambassador Asshat is best protagonist
>>
>>384323891
This. Anise's looks are her only good feature.
>>
>>384325413
no
>>
>>384325413
yes
>>
I couldn't finish it either. But it was still better than zesteria
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.