[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ubisoft are internally having conversations about more crossovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Ubisoft are internally having conversations about more crossovers with their franchises and other franchises from various companies. Many ideas have been passed around through various divisions of Ubisoft on what they could make if they teamed up with specific publishers. Many fun ideas have been passed around, some which were suggested were

Zelda X Assassin's Creed
Sonic X Rayman
Crash X Rayman
Final Fantasy X Far Cry
SMT X Watch Dogs
Deus Ex X Watch Dogs

Out of all of these ideas, only two were presented. Those two being Sonic X Rayman and SMT X Watch Dogs. The Zelda and Assassin's Creed crossover was scrapped because Ubisoft didn't want to push their relationship with Nintendo too far, in case Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle was a commercial failure. The other two ideas were not talked about afterwards.

Of the two titles pitched to Sega/Atlus, only one of them were greenlit. Sonic X Rayman has been approved by both Sega and head of Sonic Team Takashi Iizuka, and is now in the middle of planning phases. The game is being developed at Ubisoft Montpellier using the UbiArts framework, and is under supervision from Sonic Team.

Atlus like the idea of their franchises crossing over with others, but suggested that it should crossover with the recently released Persona 5, and a game design document must be submitted to Atlus before approval. Requirements include: "Reasonable connection between Watch Dogs and Persona 5 universes", "A heavy emphasis on Futaba's character throughout the story" and "multiple playable characters"

The success of these games, including Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle could determine the future for crossovers at Ubisoft.
>>
>>384288498
There is reasoning for some of the other potential crossovers not being presented or discussed further than the idea phase.

Crash Bandicoot X Rayman was mostly because Ubisfot heads felt as though the Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy would be "a quick fad", and that Activision would likely only produce mediocre Crash titles to follow it.

Final Fantasy X Far Cry was likely dropped because Ubisoft heads felt as though Final Fantasy would be "too weird" for their Far Cry fanbase.

Deus Ex X Watch Dogs was likely dropped because they wen't with Persona 5 instead.
>>
Did you really have nothing better to do?
>>
File: 1485795950089.gif (998KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1485795950089.gif
998KB, 500x368px
>>384288498
>>384288970
>Autism: the thread
>>
I'm pretty sure the only talks ubisoft employees are having right now are "how do I appear more valuble so vivendi doesn't fire me when they inevitably gain control?"
>>
File: rqnAd4J.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
rqnAd4J.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>384288498
>>384288970
>Far Cry X Final Fantasy = too weird
>Watch Dogs X Persona = fine

I mean sure they're a French company...
>>
File: 1496478207815.gif (4MB, 294x524px) Image search: [Google]
1496478207815.gif
4MB, 294x524px
>>384288498
>Atlus like the idea of their franchises crossing over with others, but suggested that it should crossover with the recently released Persona 5, and a game design document must be submitted to Atlus before approval. Requirements include: "Reasonable connection between Watch Dogs and Persona 5 universes", "A heavy emphasis on Futaba's character throughout the story" and "multiple playable characters"

Please continue.
>>
>>384290816
Not much to continue with when the design document hasn't been shown to me yet.
>>
Watch doges and AC and who knows what else already share universes, making crossovers with them is a no-brainer. These however are incredibly ridiculous. You might be trying to coast off that announce of the Blazblue X fucking everyone game, but anime fighting games are not the AAA western open world games, they can't afford that leniency.
>>
>>384291332
Sonic X Rayman sounds pretty likely and reasonable though. Two well known platformers crossing over, but have platformers that rely quite a bit on speed.
>>
>>384288498
An SMT game with the graphics of Watch Dogs would be cool.
>>
>>384288498
Will the Sonic and RayMan game be like Rayman Legends? That's all I want to know.
>>
OP meme aside
I would like a new splinter cell game

I think it is about the time we do get new one
It would be ok if they just not force open world meme on it
>>
>>384293134
If the Ubisoft heads couldn't even think of Splinter Cell X MGS, then I think the franchise is really dead.
>>
>>384293381
You understand this is just an imaginary scenario OP came up with right? Pretty sure he doesn't have a direct line to the boardrooms at Ubisoft.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.