[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fact that games with objectively shit gameplay get lauded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: DEzmFTzXcAEfhZn.jpg large.jpg (55KB, 927x594px) Image search: [Google]
DEzmFTzXcAEfhZn.jpg large.jpg
55KB, 927x594px
The fact that games with objectively shit gameplay get lauded as the best of all time - Bloodlines, Torment DeusEx - prove that ATMOSPHERE is the most important property that a game can have.
>>
>>384281953
>Deus Ex
>objectively shit

lol
>>
File: 1462486107472.jpg (20KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
1462486107472.jpg
20KB, 207x253px
>>384281953
>Deus Ex
>shit gameplay
>>
>Bloodlines, Torment DeusEx
>get lauded as the best of all time
Literally only on /v/.
>>
>going to the theaters by yourself
based dsp has no fears
>>
>IM GOING OUT TO DO SOMETHING
>>
>>384281953
i swear to god, if someone will call subjectivity "objectivity", i'll fucking kill myself
>>
File: Fusion_2017-07-16_01-18-24.png (96KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Fusion_2017-07-16_01-18-24.png
96KB, 1200x900px
>>384281953
But Bloodlines had great gameplay, what are you talking about? Also have a (you) because your last thread didn't get a single response.
>>
>>384282942
Gameplay can be defined as interaction and therefore objectively judged. Like it can be objectively ascertained that gunplay in Deus Ex is bad, that turn based combat in Torment is awful, that stealth sections in VtMB are only better than its melee combat.

>>384283139
You do realize that Bloodlines was completely un-finishable when it came out and that people still prefer, after nearly 20 years of modding, to noclip the final sections? You're OBJECTIVELY wrong, like, I can tell you, for a fact, you know nothing about Bloodlines.
>>
>>384282907
>theaters

Those are eggs not seats
>>
>>384282812
Let us hear three of your best games of all time.
>>
File: Castlevania_Bloodlines.jpg (97KB, 375x531px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_Bloodlines.jpg
97KB, 375x531px
>>384283535
>You do realize that Bloodlines was completely un-finishable when it came out and that people still prefer, after nearly 20 years of modding, to noclip the final sections? You're OBJECTIVELY wrong, like, I can tell you, for a fact, you know nothing about Bloodlines.

Bloodlines was perfectly playable AND beatable 20 years ago. Not our fault you couldn't git gud.
>>
>>384281953
>He thinks the combat was the gameplay of Bloodlines and Torment.
You're not one of those players that skips all the dialogue and cutscenes to get to the shooting, are you OP?
>>
>>384283809
I guess turning pages is haptic feedback = gameplay of reading books, right? It's more work than clicking on dialogue prompts.

>>384283795
It wasn't. It was a game that was impossible to finish unless you went full combat build or used noclip. And even that provided you didn't encounter one of hundreds of game breaking bugs.
>>
Reminder that DSP is an alpha
>>
>>384283717
What do my best games of all time have to do with this? I only stated that those games are hailed as best only by /v/ and no one cares about them that much outside of this place.
>>
>>384284321
Don't reply to me
>>
>>384283795
worst castlevnia.
>>
>>384284263
so he's unfinished? sounds about right.
>>
>>384284645
Roasted
>>
>>384284149
>It wasn't. It was a game that was impossible to finish unless you went full combat build or used noclip. And even that provided you didn't encounter one of hundreds of game breaking bugs.
Nigga you can't even use noclip on a genesis smdh
>>
>>384284445
>>
>>384282712

Beat me to it
>>
File: 1499972919776.gif (882KB, 160x99px) Image search: [Google]
1499972919776.gif
882KB, 160x99px
>>384284784
Stop
>>
>>384284149
>Didn't find the dialogue and roleplaying enjoyable in roleplaying games.
>This means gameplay is less important then atmosphere in all games ever.
Christ, it's like going and buying the latest madden when you have no interest whatsoever in sports, and then deciding the atmosphere of the superbowl is more important then the game.
>>
>>384281953
Atmosphere/setting>writing/character>sound/music/ambiance>gameplay in story driven and character focused games, yes. But if the game is all about gameplay and doesn't come with much of a story or characters it's gameplay>sound/music/ambiance>atmosphere/setting>writing/characters. For example for RPGs and other story focused games it's the former and for bullet hell games or diablo-style hack'n'slash(the least story/characters focused genre i give a flying fuck about) the latter.
>>
>>384284894
>>
>>384281953
Metroid Prime too

piss easy game even on hard, but applauded as GOAT by many
>>
>A good strategy game may well be a series of interesting decisions – but a good game is something that meets the play needs of its audience.

t. Sid Meier, years ago

These decisions must have consequences of some sort, because that's what makes games feel good. Doom's a big hit because of the immediate satisfying feedback of your combat decisions. HL2 is a linear shooter that's expertly crafted to make you feel like you're making smart decisions (the puzzles and physics bits especially), while other linear shooters are spectacular but don't engage you as much with their simple telegraphed mechanics. Crysis, Stalker, Far Cry 2, Skyrim, the Bioware-style RPGs also allow you to make decisions and provide good feedback for them.

Some games, like most walking simulators, don't let you decide anything and don't provide any feedback. You can slap their narration on a tape and walk around your house and you'd have more agency, better feedback and an overall better experience than playing the game as intended.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.