[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make healing fun & interactive? >you get to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: mercy-theatrical-wide.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
mercy-theatrical-wide.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
How do you make healing fun & interactive?

>you get to watch dps or tanks play the game
>you are just a mobile health-kit
>boring, short skill ceiling

why do women flock to this and think its fun?
>>
>>384276530
because "women" are attention whores
>>
I find it fun myself and always play support because it's a role where you can analyze the entire situation instead of tunnel visioning your target or just running in front and taking hits.

I just play it like a puzzle where the objective is avoiding the opposing pieces while helping yours.
>>
You make healing more fun by making it more than what it is, They did that perfectly with Lucio
>>
>>384276774
heres a (you) for you
>>
>>384276530
you literally answered your question in your green text
>>
Give healers something else to do besides heal. XIV and ESO did a decent job allowing healers to also contribute DPS and (most) team-FPS healers can hold their own in the killing department. Healers in WoW or characters like Mercy are garbage and draw in the people that want to do the easiest job but feel like they're contributing the most.
>>
>>384276530
I played Mercy a lot in the beginning because she was a retard-proof way to contribute to the victory while still being a newbie, also I could learn how to play by observing the others.
I gradually stopped using her and switched to other heroes, but somehow I still have the most played hours on her.

I guess that most women like playing her for the same reason why they usually go for healer in MMOs.
>>
>>384276530
Zenyatta, Ana and Lucio are all healers who involve quite a bit of skill.
>>
File: nurse.jpg (495KB, 1830x946px) Image search: [Google]
nurse.jpg
495KB, 1830x946px
>>384276530
>why do women flock to this and think its fun?

Because it's their gender role. No really. Women are people oriented while men are object oriented. Maternal instincts and all that.
>b-but my sister. .
>b-but this girl i know. .

Good for her. She's the one of the few outliers.
>>
Just make your healing powers be dps powers.

Seriously. If you could Heal people just by dealing damage to the enemy, then people would be happy to deal damage and heal. Its not like they will say no to "Free healing"

That's all you have to do.

Look at DCUO healing or WoW Discpline priests. Those are pretty fun. Discpline is kind of clunky though.
>>
>>384276530
>why do women flock to this and think its fun?
women dont play for fun they play to fit in
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Make it
1.) Challenging
Break away from the convention of healer being the "girlfriend's role". Make it difficult and skillful.
2.) Voluntary
Nobody likes being forced to do anything. All fun has to be voluntary.
3.) Give it measurable success
When you play well, you should be able to track stats like how much healing you've contributed, what percentage of the team's damage taken you've healed off, how many allies you've rezzed with your ult, etc.
4.) Rewarding
When you play well, the game needs to immediately acknowledge it. Whether it tells you "HUGE REZ!" or just a nice sound with lots of bright lights, or if it's your Reinhardt getting a killing spree and everyone knows it's thanks to your Nanoboost, the game needs to tell you and everyone else when you play well.
>>
>>384276530
Because its easy. Women are garbage at video games so they play something that won't get them bullied.
>>
File: engineer.png (120KB, 300x436px) Image search: [Google]
engineer.png
120KB, 300x436px
Are support characters are more fun when they're not just focussed on keeping your team alive?
>>
>>384276530
It's not about being a woman, it's about being compassionate and nurturing which women are naturally predisposed to.

You'll know that feeling eventually when you have a kid and help them have fun. Basically, you become the absolute definition of a team player.
>>
>>384276530
Ana is fairly fun.
>>
>>384279268
I sure love building a sentry in our base and waiting for someone to come in and destroy it with stickies and/or uber.
>>
>>384279415
If you play engineer and only just turtle behind your sentry gun like a retard, you deserve to be blown up by said demoman.
>>
>>384279526
it must be real fun to lose matches because the enemy team keeps stealing your intel
play a real class sweetheart ;)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.