[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I never played OoT before. Which version offers the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: ZELDA1-official.jpg (158KB, 1024x656px) Image search: [Google]
ZELDA1-official.jpg
158KB, 1024x656px
So, I never played OoT before. Which version offers the best experience? (Project64 is not an option)
>>
>>384259616
3ds version
>>
>>384259717
What exactly did they change in the remake? And how about Majora's Mask? Is the remake the best option too?
>>
>>384259616
3DS because it offers Master quest in its definitive version (mirrored + 2x damage)
>>
>>384259860
They updated the textures a bit. Some added in content like master quest too.

It's just the most solid complete package. The GC disc has graphics and sound issues. Not major, but still a problem.
>>
>>384259616
The 3DS version.
>Looks better
>Portable
>Cheap
>>384259860
It's really just a port, I don't think they really added or took anything out besides a few bugs.

And Majora is also better on the 3DS as well.
>>
Wii VC if you care about muh atmosphere. Be sure to use component cables and not composhit.
>>
>>384260004
They patched a lot of bugs, added a boss rush + can redo any boss, there's sheikah stones you can get in to get tips and completely revamped Master Quest

not to mention it runs at a better framerate, n64 ran at 20
>>
>>384260115
I'm ditching the Wii option since I hate changing batteries every now and then, is the Wii U version any better? I'm too lazy to hack my crap and get 'em for free
>>
>>384260231
>too lazy to put some files on an SD card

jesus christ.
>>
ique version, I hope you know chinese
>>
File: MM hi res 2015.jpg (1MB, 4053x5948px) Image search: [Google]
MM hi res 2015.jpg
1MB, 4053x5948px
>>384260231
Wii U VC games have a dark filter over NES and N64 games, if you play it in Wii mode it's fine although you'd have to use the Wii remote to navigate the Wii menu and shit and no Wii U pro controller support.
>>
>>384260297
>having to buy a bigger SD card just to hack a system
that's my reason bro

also, the process doesn't look as easy as hacking a 3DS, so I'm staying away until they release a proper, safer way to do it
>>
>>384259717
>>384259860
Definitely the 3DS version. The infamous water temple is improved by the simple fact the iron boots, used for descending in water, can now be equipped to a button rather than pausing to take them on and off. There's also the option for Gyro controls when aiming in 1st person.
>>
File: 35m1hdk.png (555KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
35m1hdk.png
555KB, 640x384px
3ds version is just overall better. There are some things that were preferable in the 64 version,like the fog effect and the toned down color palette, but other than that 3ds is definitive version.
>>
Am I the only one who likes the darker look of the n64 version
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>384259975
>They updated the textures a bit.
>>
>>384259616
3DS version is technically the best
But the 3ds is pretty garbage as a controller
I don't know if 3ds emulation is any good yet but if it is that would be the way to go
Otherwise wii vc is the way to go
>>
>>384260705
Stump table looks way better on the left. Also damn son, learn that even the 3ds has screenshot tools. Especially if you're not going to take a pic of oot on crt.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.