[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend thinks i am wasting my life playing video games. How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 36

File: original.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
My friend thinks i am wasting my life playing video games. How can i prove him wrong? He is a law school graduate that has a small office and i am a 28 years old factory worker, minimum wage.
>>
>>384256321
Kill him
>>
>>384256321
>He is a law school graduate that has a small office and i am a 28 years old factory worker, minimum wage.

Clearly he isn't wrong.
>>
>>384256321
You probably are. Though of course, it's just another medium like film. It's no different than if someone just sits in front of a TV for 5+ hours a day.
>>
File: 84m_z9e_GmbuJ-C-mw6gvKXGUpY.jpg (25KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
84m_z9e_GmbuJ-C-mw6gvKXGUpY.jpg
25KB, 500x278px
Video games are a waste of time.
>>
>>384256321
everything we do is wasting time. you only live once so do what you like doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8
>>
>>384256321
how can you prove someone wrong when they're actually right?
>>
to society having a good job and a family is the only thing considered to be not a waste of time/life. But what if you don't care about any of that shit? What if you prefer to work for a living rather than living for a work? What if you can't make that girl fall for you, will you settle for someone else? What even makes you happy?
>>
>>384256321
He's right you know.
>>
>>384256321
Literally everything in life is a waste of time, your friend is wrong and also right
>>
>>384256321
He's also wasting his life away in his little office.
>>
File: 4yJh4xN.jpg (68KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
4yJh4xN.jpg
68KB, 612x612px
>>384256321
It is thought, it should never be more than a fun little time waster or hobby.
>>
We're one of the few species that can create culture, and the only one that can do in a such a sophisticated manner as in videogames. To do so, and to enjoy the results from other individuals or groups is some of the most defining things of what makes us human.
>>
>>384256321
How does he consider being a law school graduate to be any more worthwhile? Because he may potentially make more money than you? To do what with the money, buy more videogames?

Worrying about these kinds of things is what leads to unhappiness. True joy in life is obtained by taking comfort in current circumstances and seeing the beauty in the little things.
>>
>>384258767
>makes more money than OP
>his job is probably far more relaxed or interesting to him than OP working as a literal slave in a factory
>probably owns a house

He isn't wasting nothing
>>
>>384260768
Then the problem isn't videogames but his career choice, which is completely unrelated to videogames. Unless OP simply lacks the intelligence to get through law school, which wouldn't be his fault at all, there's a different reason why he ended up where he is.
>>
>>384261242
its laziness, not lack of intelligence
>>
>>384260768
As another law school graduate, I don't think his job is any more relaxed than OP's.
>>384256321
OP, your friend is wrong. Video games are a legit way to spend time, at the very least as legit as working yourself to the bone for meaningless jewmoney.
As long as you earn enough money to get by, and afford spare time on top of that, I say you fucking win at life.
Don't get mad at your friend though. Most normies just don't get it.
>>
"Wasted time enjoyed is not time wasted"

You only live once and can never get time back so if you'd rather play video games just do that and stop giving a shit, there's nothing wrong with not having grand ambitions and keeping up with the joneses
>>
>>384256321
As long as you're content with life I don't see the problem.
>>
Everyone has their vices, OP.
>>
File: Yakuza Zero.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza Zero.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>384256321
>How can i prove him wrong?

By saying it's a simple hobby.

Yakuza actually got me info lifting and bettering myself. I stopped being a lazy shit, went to the gym, and got into Uni.

Your friend just sounds like a pretentious cunt, considering you already work. Ask him why he thought being a professional liar who could up defending a child rapist for a paycheck was good idea.
>>
File: bred by the dragon.jpg (170KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
bred by the dragon.jpg
170KB, 480x720px
>the average person who doesn't play video games spends just as much time watching shitty tv or reading shitty books

No one made a 10 year study showing how romance novels are sapping the attention of America's workforce, yet they're by far the best selling genre of novels and a vast majority of women read them.
>>
>>384260768
>Law
>relaxing
My uncle went grey at 40 from all the stress and "overtime".
>>
>>384256321
who cares? you'll both be buried deep in dirt 100 years from now. do what you want
>>
>>384256321
You and your friend are going to die one day, so it doesn't fucking matter. It will be like you never existed
>>
>>384256321
If you're content with being a factory worker then I don't see it as a problem. You make your money and spend it on something you like. As long as you're happy who gives a fuck, it's not like you're engaging in self destructive behavior.

He sounds like a stuck up cunt desu.
>>
Life is about balance.

Career isn't the be all end all of life, but don't don't neglect your health and relationships for video games.
>>
You live your life only once, any time you spend NOT enjoying yourself is in fact time wasted.
If I could get free gibbs and not work a single day in my life and just read books, watch shit, play vidya and rike my bike all day erry day, I would.
I give 0 fucks about society and "future" because none of those things involve any benefit to my own life.
Anyone that doesn't live by carpie diem is a literal corporate brainwashed drone.
>>
>>384263013
carpe*
Fucking autocorrect.
>>
File: yoko-taro-mask.jpg (64KB, 658x356px) Image search: [Google]
yoko-taro-mask.jpg
64KB, 658x356px
>>384262120

As someone who got through law school, and worked at a lowbrow solicitors firm, but quit to do med school, this post is correct. Lawyers are the worst scum on the planet.

Do what you love, and fuck anyone else. A higher pay check does not make you a better person. Anyone who thinks so is someone not worth knowing.
>>
>>384258018
Being dead would make me happy.
>>
>>384256321

You can't, he's right
>>
>>384256321
Why are you friends with someone who looks down on you with contempt? You don't need to prove anything to anyone, just grow a pair and tell him to mind his own fucking business.
>>
>>384262120
>>384263143

It's so sad that money drives the planet.
>>
>>384263498
Blame jews.
>>
>>384263498

It's needed to drive the world, but what's sad that it drives people.
>>
Invent a fucking microtransaction app and literally print your own money
>>
You probably "wasted" your twenties playing video games and now you are old, might as well continue doing what you like.
>>
>>384262120

>Yakuza fan

I like you.

Even this song proves money can't buy personal happiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lhJ0LZtv3w
>>
>>384256321

You can't. He is already affirmed in his believe that being a lying cunt is a good life decision.
>>
>>384265478

in his BELIEF even
>>
>>384260768
>be in factory pressing the same buttons on the same pattern every day while listening to music
>stressful
>>
>>384256369
This
>>
>>384256321

It's all about perspective. If you want your friend to influence your life, then take his advice into consideration. If you don't, that's fine too.

As long as you feel a good balance in your life it doesn't really matter which one you choose.
>>
>>384265636
>standing 8 hours a day having an AC blow cold air to your spine, while having to avoid contact with literal subhuman colleagues
>not stressful
>>
I work in a factory but not for anything near minimum wage. Rarely is anyone content. Often times the more successful people are envious of the guy that gets to fuck off all day. Do what makes you happy. The /pol/ children are on here thinking marriage and children is the perfect way to go but ignoring most marriage statistics. Always cracks me up.
>>
File: 1345464154348.png (193KB, 447x483px) Image search: [Google]
1345464154348.png
193KB, 447x483px
I make pretty much minimum wage in my country, but it's a job I really like and my co-workers are like family, so many times it doesn't even feel like work.

Plus I have all the money I need to buy every machine and game I want, with plenty left over for savings. I consider myself living like a king, especially right now on my summer vacation and listening to Yakuza music you glorious faggots linked.
>>
>>384256321
Destroy his hobbies.
>>
>>384265921

>work in a hot ass building with Mexicans and niggers
>have the only labor job where I work in AC all day alone and watch them through the window
>>
>>384266535
Where tf do you live anon? I make more than min. wage and I'm broke all the time
>>
File: Incredible Crisis.jpg (411KB, 1165x1579px) Image search: [Google]
Incredible Crisis.jpg
411KB, 1165x1579px
>>384262120
>>384263143

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU4VRs2rro
>>
>>384265921
>Being a lawyer
>Not stressful
The whole job is the equivalent of filing taxes every hour of your life, except it's not as easy as copy pasting the same info over and over
>>
>>384265921
There's a difference between mental and physical stress.

t. healthcare worker
>>
>>384266535
Where do you live mate?
>>
>>384256321
Remind him that no matter what he does, in a max of like, fifty years he is going to die.
>>
Well if he mentioned it to you, either
A) he noticed how much time you spend on video games
B)You make most of your conversations about it

Either way it's pretty clear you have a problem. I don't think anyone would disagree hobbies are hobbies and shouldn't just be looked down on for face value. It's more about having a life outside of them. Your very being shouldn't revolve around one thing.
>>
>>384256321
>My friend thinks i am wasting my life playing video games.

As opposed to doing what? The grass always looks greener on the other side.

If his business take off, he'll be too busy working 60 to 100 hours a week to enjoy his money. Being a lawyer can be lucrative but it dominates your life.
>>
File: 1499678478510.png (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499678478510.png
91KB, 600x600px
>>384256321
t. 28yo
>>
>>384266775
>>384267160

Finland. I take home just a tad under 2000€ a month and after all monthly expenses, I'm left with roughly half of it.

It's mostly a question of cutting expenses and me being very careful with my money since childhood. I live in neighboring town than I work where the rents are way cheaper, I don't have a car or license, I make all my food myself in huge batches, no gf etc.
>>
There is no legitimate argument in favor of video games, they really are a huge waste of time. I simply accepted the fact that I have zero ambition, and don't care about wasting my life
>>
>>384265907

This, it depends on how you view success and happiness in your life.

Inherently there's nothing wrong with making a meager but simple living for yourself.

If you aren't satisfied with where you are at, ask yourself why. If its because of the opinions of others (family and friends) or judgments of society based on where you live, maybe practice some better independent mindsets and mental self care

If you yourself are actually not satisfied with where you are at and feel there's more you want to do, work toward that

I'm 26 and I still play vidya as well as collect a little. I still live at home but I work for a local HVAC company where I get paid decently while I'm working towards my masters. I'm still with my mom but I also grew up in a single parent home so money and the means to 100% move out aren't all there either. My girlfriend is in a similar situation, same age, bigger single parent family and she's in nursing school so we're just slowly and surely working toward better things. Life is what you make it mang
>>
>>384267461
That doesn't sound too bad. If you wanna keep living the way you do now it's not really a problem if you're happy.
If you're planning on getting a girl or having kids though you might wanna start considering getting a job with a higher paycheck.

Money can't buy happiness, but some forms of happiness requires money.
>>
File: 1489794121305.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489794121305.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>384262679
I've got white hair at 24, I don't mind it though
not even stressed as my job is being a failed student
>>
>got a nice relaxing office job at one of the biggest companies in my country
>make decent bucks
>can buy all the games I could ever hope for without worrying about money
All I do is play games after work. Shit is fun. My job doesn't define nor does my hobbies. I just do what I find enjoyable and so should you.

>>384267461
I'm in the same boat as you. Honestly, my relatives are baffled how I can have more money than I can spend but it's all thanks to good budgeting skills and little to no expenses. And no debt, thank fucking god.
>>
You are wasting your life playing video games. I thought games where all I ever cared about. Then I got fat, depressed, etc.. I stopped caring about anything. I've since then limited my playtime to only a few hours a week and started working out more. I've lost the weight, feel healthier, and have improved upon my skills in other hobbies. Now I'm working on leaving the state to raise horses in Missouri and finally quit this fucking job.
tldr: Stop wasting your life on shitty AAA video games and go out more often
/blog
>>
>>384267758
How are you greying at 24?
I'm 26 and I only sometimes see some grayness in my eyebrows and beard. And I'm a failed student too. Not stressful as much as it is a downer.
>>
>>384267897
What do you do?
>>
>>384256384
employment doesnt equate to life
if you think that, youve got a sad fucking existence
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
Fellows NEETs where are you?
>>
>>384256321
Are you happy?
If yes, fuck him.
If no, then he's right.
>>
Tell him that we are simply nothing but sentient organisms born out of billions of evolutionary trial and errors and that life is ultimately pointless, any sense of purpose or success is purely subjective.

You'll both be dead in a few years so why try?
>>
File: 1244257694997.jpg (62KB, 858x539px) Image search: [Google]
1244257694997.jpg
62KB, 858x539px
>>384268039
Why would you want to be a neet or even be proud of it?
You look for fellow companionship in a lifestyle that is self destructive. Get out of it.
>>
>>384267990
Programming stuff
>>
File: again.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
again.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
Everyone fucking says that and I am so tired of trying to tell them they're wrong. And what they mean by "Life" they really mean Time. Time doesn't fucking waste, you pea-brained, asinine, chimp. They fucking confuse time with patience, what you mean is "I'm wasting my patience with you. you're not getting a better career to make me look good." Why are you with people like that? Like, why does it even matter in the end? Get a fancier piece of paper to get a fancier job and impress who? Literally who? Jesus? God? Buddha? Krishna? Izanami? Izanagi? Everytime I hear some faggot say "You're wasting time, life, patience, etc." These are the people who do not understand anything about what's relative to them, they just do it because they got psychologically influenced by the crowd. They probably pick STEM degrees in an attempt to get more money even though it's not going to make them happy and laugh at arts degrees because they ONLY assume it's Tumblrites getting them and not maybe people who genuinely want to draw. These are the same people, I know it because I can practically feel the same attitude just by looking at their miserable faces. I'm sorry to be posting this, actually no I'm not, but this is a perfect analogy when people say you're "wasting life or time."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDdTeoYPw6Y
>>
>>384267985
Not greyING my dear anon, I am grey
It's genetics or something, my dad was the same
>>
>>384268235
its not self destructive
its very much self sustaining when youve got neetbux

and saying its self destructive is saying anyone thats not employed is self destructive, the literal endgame of life is to retire or become so wealthy you never need to work again

neetlife is literally being retired at young age, its god tier experience, and to automatically dismiss it is retarded and ignorant. working your entire life away is shit and terrible way to live
>>
File: 1497829166953.png (243KB, 920x319px) Image search: [Google]
1497829166953.png
243KB, 920x319px
I like my warehouse job, it's just repeating a menial task for 8 hours while listening to music. It beats wearing a suit all day and kissing ass at the office.
>>
The way I see it the problem with video games is that you don't get anything out of them when you are done. With working you get money. With sports you become fit. With creative hobbies you learn skills that can come in handy. A good movie or book stimulates you intellect and you can talk about movies and books with more adult people than video games.

This all doesn't apply of course if your carreer is in video games.
>>
>>384267754

I'm actually seriously trying to find a girl for myself for the first time in my life and got a date lined up for tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I wouldn't even consider things like that just 3 years ago, when I was jobless NEET living at home with low self-esteem and skinny-fat physique.
After I scored this job, I finally moved out, started exercising and got into control of my life for the first time. Feels pretty good, not that I was ever that unhappy to begin with though.
>>
>>384268445
That's good anon, as long as it makes you happy and you're able to make an honest living.
>>
>>384256321
Tell your friend he's a pointless shitter with an office and no personality or hobbies
>>
File: 1350814035872.jpg (17KB, 358x353px) Image search: [Google]
1350814035872.jpg
17KB, 358x353px
>>384268427
>neetbux
Here we go...
>>
>>384256321
Life is shit and humans need distractions to get through it without killing themselves. If video games make you happy and keep you entertained then that's all that matters.
>>
>>384256321
You friend is a cuck. I had a similar scenario with my cousin. I dropped out because I got sick of university and got me a job at my local factory. He graduated, but since every other idiot over here chooses to study law there's barely any positions available unless you know someone in a company. Now all he does is stay at home because he refuses to work with us average schmucks while I have enough to cover my living expenses and buy all the vidya I can ever want.
>>
>>384268289
Aw heck ye, what languages
>>
>>384256321
How can you waste your life if you don't have a life?
>>
File: 1328527018414.png (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1328527018414.png
5KB, 200x200px
>>384268474
My man. Feels good, don't it?
I wish you well and good luck.
>>
>>384268665
Thank god our main language is Python but I'm probably going to need to learn some C++ because reasons
>>
>>384256321
Is this today's moomin thread Oh-Pee?
>>
>>384263498
>It's so sad that money drives the planet.
money is just a proxy for work, and work drives everything. lamenting this simple reality is delusional.
>>
>>384268472
>you don't get anything out of them when you are done
I enjoyed the time spent on them. That is something I get out of them. And I talk with people about vidya all the time. It has even been a topic of talk with couple of business related interactions with people.
>>
Lawyers get paid big because their jobs is a lot more stressful and competitive

Competitive jobs arent comfy but to each their own, every 35+ could have been an astronaut, ceo or the president of the usa
>>
If you literally can't have a conversation not about vidya/internet stuff it's time to cut back. I became a super recluse between last year and earlier this year and the wake up call for me was seeing all my friends and realizing I truly didn't have shit to say, because the last months were all spent on this site or vidya.
It's a bad feeling when you see someone you should be so excited for after months apart, and you just feel awkward because you squandered it all.
>>
>>384267758
>>384267985
>>384268423
your hair going grey/white looks cool. certainly a hundred times better than slowly going bald.

>>384268445
>i am satisfied
>i am never going to buy anything ever again

at the very least, he will continue to buy gas, electricity, water, and a ton of commodities
>>
>>384268472
>the problem with video games is that you don't get anything out of them when you are done

That depends entirely on what kind of games you play and how you play them.

Video games taught me so many things, widened my perspectives, got me into new things and so on. My current dream job is partially a result of playing video games.
>>
>>384269370
>what is budgeting?
>>
>>384269345
Just get friends who share the same hobbies as you
>>
>>384268289
i = 5
i = ++i + ++i
>>
>>384269370
>greying hair looks cool
You say that until your own hair starts doing that in your 20s.
It's about as comforting as receding gums.
>>
>>384256321
Where are you that a factory only pays minimum wage?
>>
>>384269461
completely unrelated to the picture?
unless you plan on running your own personal power plant, grow ALL your food yourself, run your own chemical plant to make fuel for your farming machines, and somehow maintain all this equipment by yourself with no outside help and with nothing but self-made materials, it is simply impossible to never buy things from other people again. unless of course you want to enjoy the standard of life of a medieval peasant.
>>
>>384269796
he works in a factory but hes only the receptionist
>>
Law school has become a factory churner for bullshit degrees so you guys are alike at least
>>
>>384269778
it looks retarded while it's greying (or partially grey)
once it's all grey it looks ok again
>>
>>384268574
yup i get over 1000$ a month to sit and play vidya 24/7

you have fun doing mental gymnastics rationalizing why slaving away 90% of your life is totally worth it
>>
>>384269304
>It has even been a topic of talk with couple of business related interactions with people.

>>384269434
> widened my perspectives, got me into new things

Could you elaborate?
>>
https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/09/industrial-robots-will-replace-manufacturing-jobs-and-thats-a-good-thing/
>>
>>384268031
>t. branch manager
>>
>>384268031
Actually it does unless you were born into wealth

Numerous studies have concluded a direct correlation with level of satisfaction with life once you're earning £50,000 p/a (or $80,000 in USD). As you start to earn more and more than that your satisfaction diminishes as typically the more you're earning the more you desire to earn more in a state of perpetual "catching up with the neighbours"
>>
>>384269796
he's probably the factory janitor's assistant or something like that

>>384270009
it's a gamble - if the neetbux ever dry up, you'll be fucked because by then you are an unemployable piece of waste and can't support yourself.

it's also only viable if you are willing to completely abandon any hope at things like
>marriage
>home ownership
>starting a family
>non-cheap hobbies and interests
>social status
>>
>>384270030
We talked briefly about games that I liked during my interview for the job. And I got it.

During a business related trip to another country one of the first things I talked about my new coworkers was vidya. Nothing better than having few beers and talking about common topic to get to know new people.

I mean, it's not much but you can literally replace the topic of vidya with any other hobby because that's what vidya is. A hobby.
>>
>>384270254
>We talked briefly about games that I liked during my interview for the job.

What games?
>>
>>384256321
>Videogames as a hobby on your free time, along with having a healthy life and at least a couple friends/a gf
This is ok
>Videogames are literally all you do every waking minute you're not working/studying/whatever
>NEET
These are not ok. How hard is it to understand?
>>
>>384270380
If I remember correctly I mentioned fighting games and MGS. This was around when MGS5 released.

And in the second occasion we talked pretty much everything from indie games to western AAA
>>
>>384270483
What more do you want from me other than not being a burden to society?
>>
>>384270483
If that is your outlook on life then why are you giving a fuck what a dirty lawyer says to you?
Fuck him.
>>
>>384270893
Was meant for >>384270740
>>
>>384270893
I'm not OP. But all I want from life is not being a burden for anyone and being happy. If my job and vidya accomplishes that, is it really so bad?
>>
I worked in a factory a couple of months. It was chill as hell, and way more relaxing than being a cashier. Just not having to deal with customers was a true blessing, but unfortunately factories keep downsizing so it's really hard to get a steady job there.
>>
Don't take your friend too seriously. He is right about vidya, but in all honesty let me tell you this.
Everything a living being does is time consuming. It's as obvious as it is. You could go tell your friend that he is wasting time by sitting in his office and doing stuff to save his customer's ass.
If you have fun wasting your life with video games keep on going. Life is all about having fun in my opinion. Sure, acquiring knowledge is an important part of life but we don't know if we will keep our memories in the afterlife if there is one.
>>
>>384271162
No. In reality, no one, aside from your parents maybe, give a shit what you do with your life as long as you don't bother other people.
Just don't expect everyone to be on board with your life if you don't lead a balanced life style. Also, people are just cunts will always look for shit to nag you about.
>>
>>384260768
he will marry and have children only for the wife to cheat on him and take half of what he owns in a divors.
>>
>>384267930

Nigga I volunteered on a horse farm.one summer. I'll play vidya any day before that shit ever again. You waste your time cleaning horse shit
>>
>>384271329
>spoiler
Is he really wasting time though if he's enjoying it?
>>
>>384270009
How do you even get neetbux? Like do you have to get a doctor's note that you're legitimately autistic?
>>
>my dad calls video games "brainless" and a waste of time
>he spends his nights in front of the TV
>>
>>384267930
I hate nature, fuck off.
>>
>>384271440
If that's how you view the world, then I won't be surprised you'll never be happy.
Don't insult people by assuming they marry shit women. Watch your attitude.
Cunt.
>>
>>384270235
yeah no, no one legitimately believes youll get a girlfriend, married, and have kids, solely because you have a job. you have some real distorted sense of reality
>>
>>384256321

Do you want more, or are you content with your job? If the former, get started on improving your station. If the latter, say you're good.

I would recommend making some investments and getting ready for a rainy day. What with factories relocating to cheaper location and the risk of mass firings in case of a crisis.
>>
File: 1442072889139.png (77KB, 265x255px) Image search: [Google]
1442072889139.png
77KB, 265x255px
sounds to me that your friend actually hates his success beacuse of how much stress it brings having to work so much not having time doing the things he loves.

i have seen this before with people projecting this superior attitude to make themselves feel better when they themselves hate their life and responsibility.

in other words, be pic related.
>>
File: 1499912092573.jpg (37KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499912092573.jpg
37KB, 540x540px
>TWENTY FUCKING EIGHT
>HE'S JOB IS AT A FACTORY

Boy what the fuck have you done with your life? Factory jobs are for immigrants and teens.
>>
>>384256321
Every day you live puts you one step closer to your inevitable death and is therefore, inherently, an achievement.
You aren't wasting your time.
>>
>>384271880
who said i was un-happy bitch?
>>
>>384256321
dude, your friend is the one wasting his life

>look at that, someone is doing something that he enjoy
>i better tell him he's wasting his life because it's not something i enjoy
if everything you do is something YOU like, how can you be wasting your life ?
>>
>>384271605
Consider my post in an objective kind of way.
Life comes and goes but everything, be it good or bad, fun or boring, right or wrong. You are wasting time.
To answer your question, yes, he is wasting time but has fun. So it's a positive way of wasting time, right?
>>
>>384272197

Time wasted having fun is not time wasted.

Every other thing we do in life is so that we can enjoy ourselves with the fruits of our labor.
>>
>>384271605
I think every activity that doesn't have any positive effects beyond the duration of the activity is a waste of time.

Of course you can't be productive every minute of your life so you need to spend some time relaxing and wasting time in a day provided you did something productive.
>>
>>384272197
It make sense sure, as long as you're happy and have a sense of fulfillment.
>>
>tfw want to be a commercial lawyer
>tfw looking at all the assholes that law school churns out
I feel like i'm walking into a death trap.
>>
It depends really.

Who is getting pussy at the end of the day is what determines if youvare living a fulfilling life
>>
>>384272423

Nah. The only reason to be productive is so you have resources to waste time.
>>
>>384272185
the worst part is when theyve literally given up entirely on life, and just do nothing but family + work
>>
>>384272153
Otherwise you wouldn't be here bringing your shit with you.
You have my sympathies.
>>
>>384272701
and you have mine.
>>
>>384263143
Man how old are you?
>>
>>384269556
>everyone always moves on with their life
>I just keep playing vidya trying to escape it all
>always feel out of place and never belong anywhere or with anyone after a while
>>
>>384256321
>He is a law school graduate that has a small office and i am a 28 years old factory worker, minimum wage.
Yeah it looks like you can't prove him wrong.
>>
>>384272068
Can confirm. I was a useless piece of shit gamer along some very close and cool Friends. But i got scared for my future so i got my shit together. Now i live Alone, have a gf and about to ser up my own company. I hate my life and want to Die. But i talked too much shit to my Friends thinking i was helping them. I can't back down. I secretly hope i simply die.
>>
>>384263013
This, fuckin this.
>>
How much time do you guys invest into a video game?

I have to admit that I am a casual and prefer to play video games for the experience. When I have to repeat a level several times because it's so hard or I need to grind for hours I start wondering what's the point of spending so much time for fulfilling virtual challenges and getting virtual items. How do you find the energy to play a hard game when you have only a few free hours a day?
>>
>>384256731
No son of mine is going to become a shut-in basement virgin.
>>
>>384273593

> How do you find the energy to play a hard game when you have only a few free hours a day?

Work out.
>>
>>384270235

If my NEET bux get cut I'll take that as a sign that the economy is doing shit, so even employed people will be fucked. I'd rather be a NEET until that time comes than a wagecuck.
>>
>>384273450
What are you afraid of if you want to die?
The only thing you have to lose is your life.
>>
>>384273450
Think of it this way, you're doing it all regardless of how you feel. You're obviously competent enough to succeed, so believe in yourself some more
>>
>>384273593
I play 4+ hours a day and I love the challenge. I play for the challenge so everytime I lose or fail, I know I'm in for a treat.
>>
>>384272073
>implying teens nowadays even consider getting a factory job
Get real, my man. That work is immigrant exclusive.
>>
>>384273593
I like the feeling of overcoming a challenge after spending time struggling with it instead of just ticking off a checklist in your generic AAA open world game. I'll admit that as the years go by, I find myself becoming more casual but at the end of the day, people come to vidya for different things. Some come for the challenge and some come for the experience. Games that manage to blend these two together are very rare nowadays.
>>
games are a waste of time. so are books, movies, music, and basically every art form

if you aren't sleeping and then eating and working at the same time, you are WASTING your life's potential
>>
>>384256321
>minimum wage factory work

I do not believe you. My friend works in a factory and comes home every week with $2000, and he's not even getting paid the most possible
>>
>>384273816
>play for the challenge too
>too good at vidya
>always end up breaking the pacing by defeating enemies too soon
>can't enjoy vidya because my name is gregor
>>
File: 1498227969578.jpg (135KB, 1368x1699px) Image search: [Google]
1498227969578.jpg
135KB, 1368x1699px
>>384256321
The minimum wage part is what sucks anon. At that wage you are doing the equivalent to a 16 year olds wages. He is trying to get you to try harder because you have made no progress in your professional life since getting out of high school.
>>
File: 1470344932858.jpg (44KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
1470344932858.jpg
44KB, 500x435px
>>
>>384271719
I want to know as well. Is it easy to do?
>>
>>384262120

literally intending to get fit at a gym sometime near wherever i end up moving to soon, simply because of saejima and kiryu's ripped bods. Nothing more important than that man's pride ya know
>>
>>384273593

I have lots of self discipline, so I always beat the game I start no matter what. If I get super frustrated on a hard game, I simply stop for a day and do something else, then try again the next day until I beat it.

If you don't find overcoming challenges fun, just don't play challenging games. There's actually nothing wrong with playing "experience" games, but don't tell /v/ I said that.
>>
>>384256321
They are. You should only be playing a max of 5 hours of video games a week once you get a job. Other time should be dedicated to your girlfriend and bettering yourself.
Life is meaningless if you aren't fit, rich and in a relationship with a girl of good status. That's literally what the goal of life is.
>>
>>384274538
What if I work out but I'm not interested in having a meaningful relationship with any woman?
>>
>>384267461
Sounds like you're doing it right

I'm curious about how you get to your job, if you live in the next town over and you have no car
>>
>>384274726
You're failing the one job you have as a human being. You're objectively defective.
>>
>>384273752
its a group think narrative that plebs choose to believe "youll get cut off one day and be so fucked!!!"
its mental gymnastics of an nonexistent scenario,

reality is that he's going to lose his job well before anything ever happens to me
>>
>25
>no job
>no idea what to do
>cant get hired anywhere
>applied everywhere multiple times

At least I still have yet to play Yakuza 0. Knowing I have it and can start it any time makes me happy. Still have to finish DaS3 DLC first.
>>
>>384274887
Seriously? Not even a min wage job?
>>
>>384274812
You do realize that these exist anon. Doesn't really matter anyways considering the direction we're headed with frozen eggs and IVF treatments becoming commonplace.
>>
>>384256321
Stop being an insecure faggot and live your life how you want faggot.
>>
>>384274812
>wanting kids
utterly cucked by life, holy shit. you fell for the absolute worst meme
>>
>>384274751

Bus, my man. It's a 20 minute trip of me playing on handhelds and 5 minute walk from the station. Sometimes on summer I just bike to work.

I've never felt the need for a car. Public transportation and bike are perfectly fine for me.
>>
>>384268031
>employment doesn't equate to life!
>he says alone in a dark room playing vidya hours before going to his wageslave job

Your buddy is correct. Ask him to help you because he clearly has his head on straight
>>
>>384274812
Kinda stupid thing to say family.

There's a lot of human nature that we grew out of like jumping at shadows and killing our neighbours.
Why you think we should still be reproducing endlessly, despite overpopulation, is mind-mindbogglingly stupid.
Anyone who has a child is either ignorant, stupid or malevolent.
>>
>>384275101
>t. Cuck who is a failure

Virgins are the bottom of the barrel of humanity. To not have sex is to go against what it means to be human.

Video games are harming us. These neckbeard virgins are absolutely useless. If a war ever happens then they will become cannon fodder and lose all access to the vagina.

You really need to lose the v-card bro. You can't call yourself a proper human until you do so.
>>
File: 3256346.jpg (29KB, 283x323px) Image search: [Google]
3256346.jpg
29KB, 283x323px
The only jobs I would enjoy doing require you to be a social snowflake and I don't see how I can aquire good social skills after 10 years of solitude.

I shoud just get some decent paying job but call me childish: I just can't find the drive to try when I can't have my dream job. Call me childish but I detest the idea of having to spend like 1/2 of your life doing something you don't want to and I feel sorry for others who have to do this.
>>
>>384275512
Reread my original post
Sex =/= wanting to get married and have kids
>>
>tfw deaf and can't play many vidya
>>
>>384256321
why do you care what he thinks?
>>
>>384275001
Yup, I live in a really nice town that is packed full of people. Everyone getting hired at stores and other minwage jobs have friends and family connections to get that job in the first place. I've applied to places maybe 30 times and out of that only got 3 interviews because most places I think just throw away your application if you don't have any real previous work experience or preferred college / schooling reference or affiliate program BS.
>>
>>384273450
>But i talked too much shit to my Friends thinking i was helping them. I can't back down.

You knew full well you were giving bogus advice and merely trying to prop yourself up. You were never "concerned" about them
>>
>>384272656
the people that tell you that you are wasting youre life are the ones that are the unhappiest
every happy person ive met in my life never cared for what i did, meanwhile, my parents who are miserable never fail to bring up how i need to do better and im a loser and shit
>>
>>384275708
How'd that happen
How are you even using a computer if you're deaf
>>
>>384275540
Become a qt grill and sell your body, I'll even be your first customer if you are convincing enough and have no body hair. Or just keep reluctantly applying until you get a job at some super market or something. I think once you start getting a routine and making money your brain changes and you start to figure out what you want to do / what you think you can do long term as a career once you save enough money.
>>
>>384275540
>and I don't see how I can aquire good social skills after 10 years of solitude

You can. I thought that way too, but after getting a job and being in touch with people daily for couple years, I can say that I'm at least competent socially. Far cry from how I used to be.

Also, you might not get your dream job right now, but don't rule out ever getting it. Just few weeks ago one of the founding members of my workplace quit, because he got the chance for his dream job and took it.
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (10KB, 520x345px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
10KB, 520x345px
>22 years old
>college dropout
>Worked 2 years as a bartender with my dad
>Dad died, sold business only to cover expenses and shit
>Did almost nothing this year besides finishing my backlog.
>Mom is suicidal since dad died and always breaks down about every tiny Little thing
>Grandma that is almost about to die has a house that she said will give as inheritance because she thinks of me as her child more tan the rest of her family (besides my mother) since they don't give a shit about her
>No friends or qt 3.14 gf.

What to do? Should I try college again or go find a part time job?
>>
File: 1286048787337.jpg (3KB, 126x120px) Image search: [Google]
1286048787337.jpg
3KB, 126x120px
i used to think videogames were worth playing

then i got a good job, started weight lifting/ fighting (similar to videogames irl but you get to feel smug about yourself compared to the majority of people)

and i got a dream gf

honestly if you are 23+ and still play games then kill yourself

games these days are utter shit made for millenial kids, not even worth investing real time in like they were back in the day.
>>
File: tall.jpg (31KB, 268x654px) Image search: [Google]
tall.jpg
31KB, 268x654px
>>384268427
>its very much self sustaining when youve got neetbux
>>
>>384276545

Your grandma is going to haunt that house, anon
>>
File: 1499924246975.png (67KB, 616x596px) Image search: [Google]
1499924246975.png
67KB, 616x596px
>>384273150
>comparing yourself to others and needing social approval
>>
>>384276836
what are some decent hobbies i can pick up other than lifting and reading, getting bored of vidya desu
>>
>>384276836
If your life is so great and you've stopped playing video games, then why are you still on this site
>>
File: 1475182947059.png (164KB, 413x352px) Image search: [Google]
1475182947059.png
164KB, 413x352px
>>384276967

>he thinks you can leave
>>
>>384275708
I can still read dude
It happened when I was little, had a bad ear infection in both ears and lost my hearing around age 6.
>>
>>384277183
meant for
>>384276083
>>
>>384276545
Unless you're very passionate about something in particular you should really only go to college for learning a trade or for STEM. I'm in no position to be giving advice but I'd say go for the part time job in the meantime so you still have time to think about planning your immediate future out without spending a lot of money on some class you end up not liking or getting no value from. Godspeed bro, you have it much harder than me, I'll keep you in my prayers.
>>
Is this one of these episodes where everyone pretends to be super normal, being popular and ashamed of admitting to play video games to their friends and only able to play 1 hour a week because of their tightly packed schedule since they are so buy making 6-figures and doing things with their friends? (yet they browse a video game board full with weirdos?)
>>
>>384276891
I'm slowly learning to turn myself off.
>>
Redpill me on Apprenticeships, is there any real reason to go to Uni?
>>
>>384276836
>honestly if you are 23+ and still play games then kill yourself

If this actually happened /v/ wouldn't exist and this thread wouldn't be here and all that SFM porn you have bookmarked would not exist either.
>>
File: 1458694129579.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458694129579.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>384277183
Do you still feel the vibrations when people fart next to you?
What do you sound like when you talk?
What's it like playing games without sound? Do you get killed a lot for missing sound effects from enemies?
Should designers be more visual with those kinds of cues?
Which kind of heatphones do you use?
>>
>>384277404
I have computer science in mind, but I don't know, I would've to start from scratch and shit. Maybe it's worth getting out off my lazy and depressed ass and do it though.

Appreciate the support bro.
>>
>>384270483
>Working/studying
>NEET
fucking retard
>>
>>384276545
You're going to have a hard time getting a good job without a degree or some kind of apprenticeship but you can make work. Try to get a job in a place where you have a good chance to advance yourself. Don't scoff at shit like Taco Bell because they give their employees scholarship opportunities. Whatever you decide, it won't be easy but you're still young. Good luck.
>>
File: 1ICkEX8.jpg (64KB, 847x521px) Image search: [Google]
1ICkEX8.jpg
64KB, 847x521px
>>384272073
> everyone wants to be a billionaire
> skillful factory worker is a meme now
pathetic millenniums
>>
>>384275512
This.

I fucking laugh at you virgins.
You fail at life.
>>
>>384277964
>Do you still feel the vibrations when people fart next to you?
Yes actually, but I'm really sensitive to that kind of stuff anyway. I can feel things vibrate through the ground, so I can tell if something is coming, or if something dropped. There's like a pattern in the vibrations, like a car has a constant hum to it, while something that's been dropped has a vibration that shoots up your legs quickly, and is pretty brief
>What do you sound like when you talk?
I have no clue
>What's it like playing games without sound?
Do you get killed a lot for missing sound effects from enemies?
I don't play much vidya, it's usually something simple like a platformer where audio is less important.
>Should designers be more visual with those kinds of cues?
Yes, definitely, but I don't want my disability to affect those that are able, at least if it's done intrusively that takes away focus from the game
>Which kind of heatphones do you use?
Nothing, there's no point
>>
>>384279234
How do you have sex?
>>
>>384276967

I dont even go on this site anymore.

I used to spend like 8 hours here every day for the past 7 years

since ive gotten a good job, quit vidya, and started playing the "irl game" i dont really come here

last time ive gone on 4chan was like 2 weeks ago. i only came here for 10 minutes just because i have a spare hour to kill
>>
>>384279426

Anon, come on. Don't be rude.
>>
>>384277679

i stopped fapping as well, i attribute that and quitting games to finally getting my life sorted
>>
>>384279696
>i dont go to this site anymore
>on the site
>posting on the site
>about how he's not

how retarded are you
>>
>>384263245
you would be in hell after so check that
>>
>>384280432
not that anon but is hell really that bad? would it be worse than having a pointless life?
>>
>>384278324
im going to be a bus washer once i get my degree, then move over into mechanics helper
pension, 20 starting, topping out at like 35 an hour, job security, i couldnt give a fuck what people would think
shit my pops told me he was making $40 an hour the other day, sitting in the break room watching tv
>>
>>384268381

because you only get one life and getting to 40 with nothing but having played all the latest anime games to show for it is pretty sad 2bh
>>
>>384280210

You can't read? I came here for 10 minutes because my gf isnt home yet and im waiting for her so i can fuck her all night. Then i lift weights and feel like a god whilst you play your little anime games on the train to work.

But let me guess, your lifes better than mine amirite. kek the delusions of lazy autists.
>>
File: starcraft 2 general.png (121KB, 783x592px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft 2 general.png
121KB, 783x592px
Well, do you feel as though you've wasted your time with vidya? If you do, maybe you should find something else to do in your spare time. There's nothing wrong with doing things that you enjoy that aren't self-harmful/destructive y'know. Don't listen to people who say you shouldn't do x thing, they tend to be the sheep that follow the herd without understanding why they follow the herd.
>>
>>384273593
at some point i started to feel the same so now i dont bother with rpg games that require grinding unless the game can be played with an emulator so i can fast forward atleast and/or cheat. im playing to enjoy myself, not have yet another fucking menial task that feels like work even on my free time. savestate is also a blessing with the bullshit some games pull under you
>>
>>384258018
Considering the amount of time you spend working, enjoying your work is important. And to enjoy other things you need to bankroll them. Not to mention feelings of accomplishment are important. Chances are OP could have enjoy just as much vidya if he had an optomized schedule and persued education.
>>
>>384262120
>>384274473
>Yakuza inspiring you to lift
It's funny to know I'm not alone
>>
>>384276836
if games suck today just play older ones, faggot
>>
>>384280993
This is a safe space anon
You don't need to lie
It's ok
You're mad at your father, not us
We forgive you
>>
>>384275849
dunno how it works where you live but in my case i ended up researching what proffessions were desperate for people and went to an unemployment center droven by the government. asked if they could consider sending me to an education for it since frankly, there were hundreds of people with similiar non existent qualifications as i in my hometown alone. so my chances of becoming productive were in the negative. ended up enjoying the work even though there is quite a bit of overtime, then again, anything is better than studying

feels really annoying that i needed yet another education for a year just to get a job when any job would have been fine, i wouldnt even have minded mcdonalds at that stage.

the sad summary of the story in my case is that there is more competition for jobs that doesnt require any experience or education than jobs that require years of it
my parents cant even fathom how jealous i am that they could walk into any workplace and ask if they have a job available
>>
>>384275990
Honestly not true. I was drinking the koolaid heavily of being a net positive to society. Now i am stressed about all the expectations i need to uphold and the responsibilities of a high grade employment. The past, i now realize, were simpler times.
>>
>>384273769
I can't kill myself. I won't do that to my loved ones. But i won't necesarily save my life if something were to happen.
>>
File: 1492015587048.jpg (5KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
1492015587048.jpg
5KB, 188x188px
>>384256321
>law school graduate

A literal parasite

t.law school student that got the fuck out of that hellhole
>>
Neetbux are relatively hard to get in the USA. I had to get a lawyer and take my disability claim to court to finally get them. This is with several legit physical and mental health issues as well.
>>
>>384273790
Thanks anĂ³n, i didnt really expect words of support from here but know that i sincerely apreciate it. My plan is to keep on keeping on, be the best i can be and just truck on.
>>
>>384283306
Just remember your NEET gamer buddies when you're set up with a job and gf. It's great seeing friends succeed, but the feeling of getting left behind sucks.
>>
>>384283743
People here overrate neetbux like it will get them through ridiculous and rising costs of living
>>
>>384284358
It means you have someone who actually gives a shit about you
>>
>>384284398
They're enough for me but I live with my girlfriend who has a decent software development job. They're definitely not enough to live on solo if you live in the northeast like I do. We live in a dirt cheap 1 bedroom apartment but we still pay more for rent than 90% of the rest of the country.
>>
>>384256321
>not having a good job with an office and the ability to buy $5k computers and any gaming system on a whim

[Spoiler]that I'm too tired to play on weekdays and only use on the weekends[/spoiler]
>>
>>384284751
>Gurlfriend

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>384284837
I met her on okcupid, takes 10 mins to set up a profile. Try it some time anon. If I (a literal aspie neet) can get a gf you can too, I believe in you.
>>
>>384256321
Are you happy with your life? If so, tell that guy to go fuck himself
>>
>>384283754
That's all we can do, just look out for ourselves and those we keep close. Good luck anon, I believe in you.
>>
>>384256321
Use your superior computer knowledge to get CP on his computer.
>>
>>384260768
>>his job is probably far more relaxed or interesting to him
Being a lawyer is stressful as fuck, and unless you are a literal autist who gets hard from exploiting rules, it gets boring really, really fast.
>>
*slips in behind your friend*
*puts knife to throat*
"Don't you ever insult video games in my presents again or you'll be wasting your life....by dying!"
*slips away*
>>
>>384268031
but OP is also a wagecuck
>>
I would rather play video games than be a lawyer.
>>
>>384280432
Only angels get cast into hell. Check yourself christfag
>>
Well, you work 40 hours a week at max and have time to play vidya. He works 60+ hours a week and probably puts in more time after work whereas your job ends the second you clock out. His life will be more fulfilling than yours probably but far more stressful overall unless you're really stressed with paying the bills or whatever, and he'll have nicer things too....but chances are he has to wait until retirement to actually enjoy anything.
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.