[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /v/, what is it with this game? BloodBorne is a decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: BB.jpg (296KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
BB.jpg
296KB, 1152x720px
Tell me /v/, what is it with this game?
BloodBorne is a decent Souls game that is hailed as the most perfect game ever on this board.
After some time I finally got around to playing the game while keeping an open mind about it, I wasn't that impressed.
Don't get me wrong it's not a bad game, the performance on the PS4 though and the second half of the game (chalice dungeons etc.) keep it from being even close to a masterpiece.
Why is it that people still talk about this game? Are they all just trolls trying to rile up XBox and PC players or do PS4 people actually have low standards?
>>
>>384249752
I just recently got a PS4 and played it and thought it was great. masterpiece no, but one of the best games I've played that has released in the past handful of years.
I do think it is blown out of proportion by a lot of people, whether it be people saying it's complete shit or the second coming of jesus.
>>
>>384249752
This game really is that good, especially coming after Dark Souls 2. Miyazaki is always at his best with new IPs and this absolutely delivered
>>
>>384249752

Never played it or any souls games, but a lot of it is due to it being exclusive.

It sold ok/badly and doesn't seem to have stayed too popular with people outside of v.

It probably is good though.
>>
>>384249752

Because there are newcomers who write threads, just like you.
And because apparently after ds1 the ip has gone downhill either in terms of gameplay or in terms of storytelling.
Bloodborne stays solidly afloat instead, thanks to its combat that compensate the small number of builds, and while the second part is indeed way tamer than the first one, it also comes with a fantastic and challenging dlc, evening the odds.
Since ds1, it's the most complete and satisfactory retake on the soul formula, and for some (me included) it's the best game developed by From.
>>
because it saved the PS4's game library
>>
>>384250903
>after ds1 the ip has gone downhill either in terms of gameplay or in terms of storytelling.
DS2 and 3 definitely have a bunch of flaws and are weaker than the original, but they're both still better than 99% of the crap in their genre and fantastic games.

It really is surreal when that level of quality is what people call "going down the hill". That said, I'm glad FromSoft are moving on to new IPs.
>>
>>384251169
I completely disagree, DaS2 and 3 were fairly boring overall in comparison to DaS1 and BB. 1 and BB were the only ones that I couldn't wait to pick up and play again when getting home from work. I also played 1-3 before BB.
>>
>>384249752
I'm still on my first playthrough and after a few attempts of not really having it clicked with me. It's no masterpiece, but it's the first game I really enjoyed in a long time. But I'm a sucker for the setting and the overall design, so maybe I'm biased.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.