[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guys i just bought a keyboard for my pc, now i can play one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sacredss_3.jpg (238KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sacredss_3.jpg
238KB, 1024x768px
guys i just bought a keyboard for my pc,
now i can play one of those games ive bought 2 summer sales ago:
what do i play:

-deus ex 1
-system shock 2
-mount and blade

never played any of those
>>
>>384246627

Dues Ex.

But know that the opening of the game is shit but it gets way better.
>>
>>384246627

They are all highly regarded and worth playing. I don't give a fuck what order you do it in.
>>
>>384246627
this
>>384246703

The first island is a bad starting mission because everything is so spread out, it will take you what feels like ages to get through it. Then what follows is a story dump in the unatco hq so the game goes from slow to slower and it's easy to quit there. At least get into hell's kitchen (the first real level of the game in my opinion) and then you should figure out what makes the game so great.
>>
>>384246703
>>384246992
>Liberty Island is shit!

I thought this meme died ages ago.
>>
>>384246627
All of them in that order
>>
>>384247034

The meme will die when Ion Storm releases an official patch that fucking fixes that shit mission.

I almost dropped the game after that level it was so fucking bad, and Dues Ex 1 is in my top 5 games of all time. How many people missed out on one of their potential goats because of the first mission being fucking shit and the following levels not being too great either for a while.
>>
>>384246627
... did you not have a keyboard before?
>>
>>384247164
Liberty Island is the perfect microcosm for the game as a whole.
>>
>>384247164
Liberty Island is one of the best missions in any singleplayer game.
Freedom done right.
>>
>>384247591
You're right but it's a bad microcosm. Liberty Island has huge open spaces that are present but not as prominent in the rest of the game. With so much open space to move around in, the enemy ai appears particularly stupid, blind and deaf. It doesn't set a good example for the rest of the game where enemies are more likely clustered around choke points that must be carefully navigated through or circumvented entirely. If you don't understand that the later levels use supreme level design to compensate for the shitty ai, it's easy to assume the rest of the game will be as dull to progress through.

Liberty Island does a lot of things right, but it's spread so thin it does a bad job of representing the rest of the game.
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 1130x754px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1130x754px
>>384247556
no i'm broke, i bought this with some saves
>>
>>384248404
>i'm broke
>i bought a fancy keyboard

Go to a repair shop and ask for a keyboard, they'll give you one for free. It will be cheaper than then having to pay to throw it away.
>>
>>384247164
>The meme will die when Ion Storm releases an official patch that fucking fixes that shit mission.

The mission is perfectly fine, the problem is the context in which it occurs.

You are thrown in the deep end of gameplay right from the start and are given no story to give a shit about and no characters to care about. Not even a tutorial. That's why Liberty Island seems like a shit mission even though it's pretty much exactly how the rest of the game will play and yet nobody complains about any of that because by then they care about the story and have a handle on how the game works.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.