[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this game for a minute? Does anyone here play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
Can we talk about this game for a minute?
Does anyone here play it?
Why is the learning curve so steep?
It's so rewarding but so complex.
>>
Because they keep adding new shit every season and if you don't keep up it's easy to get lost.
In my opinion for this reason it has surpassed D2.
>>
>>384236828
One of the best games I've ever played. Action RPG done right. The true Diablo II successor.
>>
I just feel like the game is too big desu. I just rush through the levels as fast as possible. Something about the game doesn't make me want to explore
>>
>>384236828
>Complex.
It's a spreadsheet with 1-2 button offense to maintain leech homeostasis. None of these games are complex.
>>
>>384236828
I played it for 1000 hours and I feel like I haven't even explored a fraction of the content
>>
It's not really that complex, eventually you reach POE Zen when you realise every tree is forced to take 80-90% of the same nodes as every other tree if you want to be viable, so every character build ends up looking the same except for the skill that you decided to focus on.
>>
>>384236828
>Why is the learning curve so steep?
>It's so rewarding but so complex.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I thought it was a very approachable game, even for new-comers to the genre (but then again, I did play the Diablos before, so I could be wrong)
>>
Endgame is 70% trading 30% actually playing the game.
You will never use anything you drop, you sell everything for currency and then buy what you need.

It's infuriating because the game itself is pretty good.
>>
>>384237160
>Endgame is 70% trading 30% actually playing the game.

Yeah, I know the feeling. Getting tangled up with loot is what causes me to eventually lose interest in this kind of thing. Sorting what is and isnt garbage, or what I do or don't wanna keep, is tedious as fuck, BUT I CAN'T STOP DOING IT.
>>
I would like it if it rewarded actual gameplay, instead of just mashing one button repeatedly. This game is all about trading/theorycrafting/putting together builds, actual gameplay is nonexistent.
>>
>>384237043
The levels are basically very simple mazes that occassionally have a key hunt. There really isn't much to explore. Occassionally there are optional quests or a choice about the order you do things in.

The game is about numbers, and how fast you do something is part of it. In general the rule is that faster playing is more dangerous. If you want to slow down pick a slower, safer build. Or choose a build that is extremely gear-dependant, forcing you to grind it out longer.
>>
>>384237356
Stop running dried like then
>>
>>384237356
>I would like it if it rewarded actual gameplay, instead of just mashing one button repeatedly.

"One button"? I call bullshit on this. If you're not using hotkeys bound to various spells, you're not doing it right.
>>
>>384237356
>thinking about the game isn't "gameplay"
>interacting with the items isn't "gameplay"
>attacking things isn't "gameplay"

Why don't you actually say what you think instead of using that meaningless word.

>>384237160
Play-self found than. The key is to develop a build that doesn't require a 6 link.
>>
>>384237492
>t. never got to high maps
Anon >>384237356 is completely correct. The typical endgame build running tier 11 maps does nothing but hold q or whatever you have your main attack bound to and mash their flasks.
>>
>>384237575
>planning out your build on a site/notepad is gameplay
>comparing the stats between two items is gameplay
H-heh.
>>
>>384237616
>The typical endgame build running tier 11 maps does nothing but hold q or whatever

Yeah, and how many fucking hours of content before you reach those levels?

Stop saying shit like "no gameplay" just because the genre isn't your cup off tea.
>>
>>384237761
8 hours tops to get to maps if you know what you're doing, followed by 200 hours of holding q.
>>
>>384236828
Awesome game that crippled severely by its retarded archaic trade system that makes people use 3rd party tools. Why cant they implement something like former d3 market, it will make things 100 times more easy and comfortable.
>>
>>384236828
steep learning curve? complex?

is this your first arpg?
>>
Only thing this has is a decent amount of endgame content
Once you realize the skill tree is just illusion of choice and that the most effective strategies for the majority of builds is stacking damage multipliers on a single active skill, you'll understand this game isn't that much better than D3
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.