[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally only says it once in DR1 >becomes his meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: k8TVNXI.png (269KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
k8TVNXI.png
269KB, 620x350px
>literally only says it once in DR1
>becomes his meme catchphrase

???
>>
It's a shit game made for retards, I'm not sure why you're surprised.
>>
I don't see what's wrong with this
>>
>>384234198
I always thought that 'Fantastic!' was more appropriate.
>>
File: opinion.png (307KB, 394x396px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.png
307KB, 394x396px
>>384234267
>>
>>384234302
>not "HMmph, HmMph" :^)
>>
>>384234198
Because it was out of the blue and completely irrelevant to anything. Something about how dumb that particular line was just stuck with me, even before it got memed at all.

Plus it's right at the beginning of the game so everyone whoever picked up the game and played it even just for a few minutes heard it.
>>
>>384234198

The line is pretty blatantly supposed to be our main impression of his character and personality, so it's intended to stand out.
>>
>>384234445
>>384234448
>t. dumbasses who didn't understand the point of the line
Frank's pretending that he knows what he's doing and that's the best he could come up with to try to prove that. But just because he may have been in warzones before doesn't mean he knows how to fight or how to take charge and avoid getting killed
>>
>>384234691

First part's right, but Frank's clearly been part of the action since he just straight up starts fighting the hordes back alone, right as the game starts for real.
>>
>>384234198
it literally only got memed because of DR4 and its meme team of devs
>>
>>384234831
I think that's just because Frank is a photo journalist built like a football player
>>
>>384234831
That's partly ludonarrative dissonance though. Even if you start wrecking shit from the beginning, in the early cutscenes he still acts all reluctant, at least up to the first Carlito fight where he says "I've never fired at a person before" even if you've been shooting zombies or Kent or whatever
>>
>>384234691
>just because he may have been in warzones before doesn't mean he knows how to fight or how to take charge and avoid getting killed
That's exactly why I felt the line was irrelevant.
>>
>>384234831
I think that there's meant to be a disconnect between 'reality' and 'game-time' in Dead Rising. The mall seems pretty sparsely infested during cutscenes and the way everyone acts seems to suggest that the threat isn't half as bad as it is when you're actually playing. At the end of the game Frank is despairing because a few dozen more zombies are surrounding the tank after he karates the gorilla warfare commander to death. An endgame Frank should be able to clear them out with his bare hands in about 30 seconds. Before DR2 it seemed canon that Frank's killing power is nothing superhuman.

>>384234934
Did that game fail hard so that Dead Rising can finally die with no more shit sequels?
>>
>>384235026
The point is that Frank's a dumb bozo, you autist
>>
>>384234198
>not a shit forced catch phrase
>someone a bad thing
>>
>>384235126
And that line's the first indication the player gets of that, which probably has something to do with its popularity
>>
>>384235624
Sorry, I misread your post if you're >>384234448
>>
>>384235624
I'd argue that his clueless "I hope everybody got away" was an earlier indicator
>>
Can we take a moment to appreciate that DR1 actually has a good story. It really plays up the tropes of zombie horror very well while also doing its own thing. Great writing for some of the psychos and just in general.
>>
>>384235034
I'unno Capcom's allowed series to circle the drain a lot longer.
>>
>>384236036
The drop in quality from 1 to 2 is crazy. 1 followed the tropes but actually did a really good job of putting lots of personality and intrigue into the story. With 2 they just took the easy route and made everything zany and self-aware from the start like a bad B-movie.
>>
>>384237154
I like DR1 more but they both feel like B-movies to me, they're like 2 different kinds of cheesy in a good way.
>>
>>384236036
I like how it holds to the premise. There's revelations up until the very end of the game as the 'case' unravels. Big part I think of 2's failure >>384237154 since the truth is spelled out real early and only expands for a twist ending.

Frank is scared speechless of Cletus, the convicts and Adam night 1.
Night 2 he runs into Jo, Paul, and is when he gets around to Isabela. And whether or not you've advanced the main story; it shows the mentality change Frank goes through trying to be a reasonable, inquisitional person when dealing with.... psychopaths.

Also I liked Frank's only confirmed positive character trait was his journalistic integrity.
Maybe you defeated the cult. Maybe you rescued everyone. Maybe Frank's heartlessly taking snuff shots of everyone. He still repeatedly puts himself in danger to get to the truth.
>>
File: Dead Rising Hitler.png (913KB, 1281x673px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Rising Hitler.png
913KB, 1281x673px
Take a look at this gem

Now THAT is a meme
>>
FANTASTIC
>>
Dead Rising is a great game, everything that came after it is gutter trash.
>>
How the fuck is everyone missing the point so fucking badly here?

The line is funny because it's retarded. Just because he covered wars, it doesn't mean he can understand how to deal with a FUCKING ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!
>>
File: zombies_suck.png (195KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
zombies_suck.png
195KB, 500x575px
>>384238336
You better have a damn good reason for posting that garbage, boy.
>>
>>384240821
It's not a zombie apocalypse. The military actually has the situation well in hand. as shown when they move in on day 3.
>>
File: Dead Rising 4.jpg (827KB, 1278x935px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Rising 4.jpg
827KB, 1278x935px
>>384240959
Because it's funny

What are you, a white redneck trump loving retard or something?
>>
>>384241045
oh you know what i mean
>>
>>384234198
Yeah but like most of the early game you'll end up seeing it several times
>>
>play it again sam
>is one of the most famous film lines ever
>not said once in the whole film
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
File: Jessie_Zombie.png (291KB, 534x504px) Image search: [Google]
Jessie_Zombie.png
291KB, 534x504px
>>384234198
I'm still salty
>>
>>384241334
>useless, naive cunt gets to die
Waste of good tits, but not like anyone but frank and isabella was going to survive, anyways
>>
>>384234198
Early in the game, so most people saw it. If it was another hour or two in, it wouldn't be the line he's remembered for.
>>
>>384234198
Its at the very beginning of the game.

Most people drop games because they're retarded. So when someone says a game is amazing, they go "oh yeah I remember playing it, hehe Frank covered wars ya know?"
>>
>>384234302
That's too generic and without any reference to Dead Rising specifically.

>I've covered wars you know
That's a pretty specific sentence and everyone knows what it's from.
It also sticks out in the game making it easier to notice. It's completely irrelevant information that just makes Frank look like he's boasting.
>>
>>384241924
Even Capcom itself acknowledges the line if you've played LP2
>>
>>384234198
You mean just like every meme catchphrase out there, from do a barrel roll to kept you waiting huh?
>>
>>384242005
Frank has a very specific way of saying it
>"FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN-Tastic"

>>384242038
>Game is popular
>Line becoems a meme
>Capcom exploits the meme for the fans
Yes and?
>>
>>384242165
I'm just saying, why are you so defensive? Nobody is attacking you. Jesus.
>>
>>384234198
It's a pretty half hearted meme.

Also Dead Rising 1 is a bit too strict with its time limits, and the boss fights are pretty shitty. It feels pretty experimental overall.
>>
>>384234198
He says it again in Off the Record
>>
>>384243531
>too strict
Once you learn the game half-decently you actually end up with a fair amount of down-time while still saving everyone and doing all cases. I usually end up spending a fair amount of each playthrough in Paradise Plaza throwing shit around waiting for the next story prompt. And the boss fights in 1 are worlds ahead of 2, but I never played beyond that one. In the first game the bosses all have predictable patterns, can be reliably beaten with what's at hand if you play well and learn them, and generally reward learning and careful playing with quick and clean wins. In DR2 the bosses are all unflinching bullet-sponges by necessity due to the retarded combo weapons so half the fights boil down to you and them wailing on each other and spamming heals until they're dead because there's no flow or pattern to what they do. Chef Antoine is a prime example of this, he runs faster than you ever can, his melee can't be dodged, if you back off too much he heals, the only really reliable non-NG+ way to kill him is with the shotgun.
>>
>>384234198
>>literally only says it once
>>becomes his meme catchphrase

>"I never asked for this"
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.