[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only like two weapons with natural dark damage >only a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>only like two weapons with natural dark damage
>only a handful of dark spells spread over all three magic types requiring different catalysts
>scaling requires both int and faith
>practically no enemies are weak to dark in the entire game, quite a few are resistant
>armor sets aren't particularly weak to dark, so it's not particularly good in pvp either
>the profaned coal, dark gems, dark weapons, dark catalysts and magic trainer are all found only in the endgame
I was so glad they kept the dark element in DS3. I know a hex build was op in DS2 at launch, but this is a bit too much. Is a dark damage build in DS3 underpowered as badly as it seems, or is it viable?
>>
>>384232387
>practically no enemies are weak to dark in the entire game, quite a few are resistant
There are quite a few enemies weak to dark
From the wiki:
Monstrosity of Sin
Silver Knight
Winged Knight
Ascended Winged Knight
Boreal Outrider Knight
Ringed Knight
Millwood Knight
Millwood Chieftain
Lycanthrope
Black Knight
Mimic
Smoldering Rotten Flesh
Boreal Immolator
Pontiff Knight
Judicator
Gargoyle

Bosses:
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Old Demon King
Nameless King
Soul of Cinder
Father Ariandel & Sister Friede
Demon in Pain & Demon from Below
>>
>>384233125
Silver, Winged and Outrider knights are all very rare. I guess having dark could help getting through Irythill, if anything.
Also, I'd expect Friede to be resistant to dark. That's interesting.
Also, I'm wondering how "weak" are all those enemies to dark? Are they the weakest to it, or is it just not their best resistance? Because you'd think Outrider knights are the weakest to fire.

I know that pyromancy scales the same way as dark does in 3, so you potentially can use both just as well. But then it's not that much of a dark build, if you use fire more often than dark.
>>
That weapon is pretty good but overall its not a good "element"
>>
>>384232387
What armor set is that, it's cool
>>
>>384233538
I think it's the same armor that NPC you get this sword from uses. Forgot their names.
>>
>>384233538
Vilhelm set
>>
>>384233324
I just finished ds3 with a dark/fire pyro build and it's pretty good, a lot of bosses are very weak to dark, and if they aren't you can change to fire. Also dark pyros are stronger than its counterpart in general I think, and having a lot int and faith gives you a ton of AR when infusing your weapons with chaos/dark so it gives you element versatility. Dark is great for pvp too, so thats a thing.
>>
>>384232387
Dark is really good in DaS3.
>Scales well with some of the best weapons in the game
>Onyx Blade is one of the best Greatswords in the game
>Murky Handscythe + Dark Blade is probably the best DPS dagger in the game
>Deep Soul spells are perfect for catching fleeing opponents at almost no cost
>Great Soul Dreggs is one of the best spells in the game
>Black Flame

Also, plenty of shit is weak to dark.
Dancer, Vordt, Nameless King, Silver and Winged Knights, Old Demon King
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.