[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>deep and complex gameplay and mechanics that very greatly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

File: 1500269578130.jpg (102KB, 736x1039px) Image search: [Google]
1500269578130.jpg
102KB, 736x1039px
>deep and complex gameplay and mechanics that very greatly from game to game making sure none of them feel samey
>one of the most welcoming communities in gaming if you're willing to gitgud
>god tier music
>the best character designs in vidya
LITERALLY why aren't you playing fighting games?
>>
shut up and post more t h i c c
>>
Because I suck at them and I don't have the time or skill needed to get gud.

Its a shame really since as a gay dude fighting games have some of the hotter dudes but what are you to do?
>>
What does fucking Chun from behind feel like?
>>
File: 1492280823080.png (347KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492280823080.png
347KB, 700x700px
But I do
I just suck
>>
>>384228557
I want to, but I like many game genres and have a long backlog, so I can't justify investing all my free time into practicing combos to git gud.
Also, I only have a shitty laptop that runs SFV at like 5 FPS.
>>
Because I'm generally bad at video games and would never get good enough to enjoy fighting games.
>>
>>384231079
>as a gay dude fighting games have some of the hotter dudes
Get Dragon Ball Fighterz. It literally has the Perfect man in it. You'll fall in love, I know I have.
>>
>>384232273
nigga, you don't wanna play SFV anyways.
Grab you some fucking fightcade and play some old gold.
>>
I do

who wants to play fightcade ST or vsav
>>
QUICK, BEFORE FAGGOTS INVADE THE THREAD. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING FIGHTING GAMES OR GETTING GOOD, WATCH THESE VIDEOS BECAUSE I LIKE THEM:

SFV: Rising Up, Part 0 - What ARE Fighting Games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKfrMT21VtM

Analysis: Why Fighting Games Are Hard (or just watch all this guys videos, they're fucking awesome)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrIR_jlLno

Super SF2 Turbo Beginner Tutorial (Part 1) by David Sirlin (addresses that fighting games are about screen control on a 2D play space. Very good tutorial.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4

Evo moment #37 (duh, it's fucking Evo Moment 37, you know this one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7hkwbKmBM
>>
>>384232624
I know about the 2nd video, thta guy opened my eyes to fightan. Thanks for these links, seriously.
>>
>>384232421
That was just an example of how bad my toaster is. I wanted to buy Guilty Gear, but I pirated to see how it ran and got similar results.
Unless a good fighting game comes to Switch at some point, I doubt I'll be able to get super into the genre.
>>
I do. I just don't play toilet games like SFV and gravitate towards older ones.
>>
>>384232624
>Sirlin
fuck I haven't seen that guy in ages what's he up to?
>>
>>384232948
Are you fucking trolling? You know god damn well what he is up to.
>>
>>384232948
He's calling out MTG for being bullshit and Moba for being shit
>>
File: jam.jpg (132KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jam.jpg
132KB, 1000x1000px
>>384228557
Because its a dead genre and i don't like FGC, too many fuckbois and acoustics.
>>
>>384233204
>he doesn't like acoustics
Dumb Jam poster
>>
File: 1493947040771.webm (2MB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
1493947040771.webm
2MB, 960x538px
>>384228557
You even get to meet guys like LOW
>>
File: DAdbX1rXYAQPt9n.jpg (76KB, 1592x420px) Image search: [Google]
DAdbX1rXYAQPt9n.jpg
76KB, 1592x420px
>>384233476
TIER
>>
>>384233589
LOL
>>
what fighting games should be:

>no super meter whatsoever or very limited meter options, where normals and specials are most of the damage output, or if it does have meter it does it well to fit the style of a hectic game like marvel or GG
>based on position
>short combo strings that require some execution barrier and chain cancels to get hits out, or longer combo strings that require position and a hard execution barrier instead of dial combo trash
>FAST as fuck with extremely fast walkspeeds that allows for a deep ground game
>no tripguard allows AA sweeping
>jumping is risky and can be punished by a wide variety of AA options
>safejumping is difficult and requires tight timing
>strong fireball games emphasize positioning and lockdown
>invincible reversals

what fighting games are, in the 2000s and later:

>everything is based on super meter, or even worse, comeback meter
>positioning doesn't fucking matter when you can 50/50 your way out of anything
>long ass combos that don't require any difficult cancels (other than kof's MAX mode), just play beatmania on your stick at the correct time to get a 20 hit combo out that does 50%
>pathetically slow with terrible walkspeeds. dashing is mainly how you get around on the ground, if you're not jumping, which gimpsthe neutral game and makes it dash and mash
>tripguard
>all about jumping jumping jumping like a fucking rabbit. no punishment. anti airs are anemic.
>safejump windows are as wide as your sister's meathole after sleeping with chad
>absolutely embarrassing fireball game
>reversals suck and comeback mechanisms are used more to get out of a precarious situation

there is honestly zero point in this genre, it's been casualized and dumbed down severely, just like everything else in modern 'gaming'. this genre has been dead to me for like 10 years.

guarantee all the losers in this thread that think they're hardcore play embarrassing games like sfv
>>
>>384232734
what consoles you got anon?
>>
>>384228557
SFV and Tekken are fun to play but shit to watch.
KoF and KI are fun to play and fun to watch.
Mahvel and Smash are autist tier to play and autist tier to watch.
>>
>>384233662
adapt fgt
>>
>>384233662
Somebody doesn't play Tekken.
>>
>>384233794
A Wii, Wii U, Xbone, and 3DS.
I did buy Tatsunoko vs Capcom used a while ago, and it was really fun, but online was already long dead by the time I got it, so I played really casually.
I leave most of them at home when I go to uni though. I do intend to eventually get a Switch for other games, so it'd be nice if some fighter came to that.
>>
>>384233898
smash attracts autists, trannies, and other ""people"" like fr*uckin magnet
>>
>>384233476
>Laughing and smiling at Evo
it's all a character and i love it.
>>
Because I don't have 130 IQ nor Jet Fighter reflexes
>>
>>384234087
Just pick Balrog or his equivalent and mash
>>
I've gotten good at a couple fightan Vidya. The problem I have is the time investment in order to get good at any particular one is stagering and then it's all immediately put to waste the next year when the developer drops support and releases a new game and the game you trained so hard on just dies instantly and no one plays or talks about it anymore.

I'd rather devote my time to something else. Something more stable.
>>
>>384234127
And have 0 fun with the game?
>>
>>384233989
Damn anon, you have one of the worst combinations of consoles for fighting games I've seen in a while. What's your latptop specs.
>>
Cause I live in australia and I don't want to spend $350 on a fightstick and $70 on a game just so that I can play against a dozen or so people.
I am considering it though since I love competition.
>>
>>384232273
This. I've got too much else to play, not to mention irl stuff to do. It's the same reason that I'll never git gud at competitive shooters, or why RPGs don't do anything for me anymore. I never thought I'd say this, but it actually kind of bugs me how every game has turned into a massive time sink across the board.
>>
>>384228557
>one of the most welcoming communities in gaming if you're willing to gitgud

That's such a stupid qualification it means nothing. SF has the most obnoxiously elitist fanbase of any game and shits on everyone who doesn't autistically conform to their tastes and standards.
>>
>>384233951
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
File: specs.png (4KB, 487x90px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
4KB, 487x90px
>>384234325
I don't actually know how bad this is, but I've noticed my computer has been even slower than usual these past few months.
>>
>>384228557
>best character designs

Fuck off waifu fags. There are maybe 3 characters in all FGS that aren't embarrassing shit
>>
I grew up playing smash. I didn't have any fighting games or knew anyone who played them. But now, I have friends of who play traditional fighting games. But I don't have the specs to play V or Xrd, I thought about playing older games I really want to play third strike, but setting it up seems like a chore and I don't have a controller for it either. I'd hate to buy it and end up hating it.
>>
>>384234573
>get fightcade (you can even play online with this)
>go here and get games http://fightanvidya.com/games
You don't need a special controller hell a keyboard is straight up cheating in smash now
>>
>>384228557
I play some sf but want to branch out but other fighters I want to play are way too execution heavy. I don't mind losing because I suck and will lose for hours but if I can't do combos or start an offense that shit kills me. I'll grind mus and tech all day but fuck grinding combos. It's seems only sf remedied this in a way but I don't like playing too much.

I seem to spectate more now sadly.
>>
>>384234727
This
I literally just downloaded fightcade and a rom 30 minutes ago and it took 5 minutes including the button setup to get into a game.
I see a lot of Brazilians/argentinians though so maybe only poor people use fightcade. Also lots of lag sadly.
>>
>>384234487
Anon your computer's specs look fine to me, the bottleneck is probably you shitty intergrated graphics card. You should give fightcade a try like the anon above suggested.
>>
>>384234838
>I'll grind mus and tech all day but fuck grinding combos
how the fuck did you play sf4 then lol
>>
>>384234475
Soul Calibur 5 was quite literally the 3D fighter formula taken to the 21st century. But Tekken is the protected chils so we'll keep looking at the same gameplay from Tekken 2 every few years instead of getting more installments of what's both the better game and the better IP.
>>
>>384234727
I know i don't need a specific controller, but I'd prefer to use something familiar when I go over to sfv or Xrd when I go over to friends
>>
>>384234940
Good to know, I'll give it a shot. Keyboard should be fine for it, right?
>>
>>384234942
I don't think that anon knows what he is talking about
>>
>>384234942
I didn't after a certain point I went hard on links and no lifed it. I still sucked because I have naturally bad execution. I hate speaking like this but I had like 8k matches on sf4 on ps4 and a few more on 360 and never broke 2k pp. I wanted to get into the scene and compete and practice/played a ton. While in sfv I learnt the tech and the execution was easy and I got to gold like the first month easy and never really got into it again.

To add I tried to get into blazblue and casuals must not touch that game online because that shit is some JANK wew lad the execution needed for most characters was questionable.
>>
>>384235273
I'm not the best so maybe not. Also I meant to specify sfv. It's how I feel about the whole thing poor wording and inexperience considered.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.