[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it will never have a true successor what makes RO so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Logo-Ragnarok-Online.jpg (91KB, 826x658px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-Ragnarok-Online.jpg
91KB, 826x658px
>it will never have a true successor

what makes RO so fucking good?
>>
>>384223301
It was the anime aesthetics and an undocumented world was what kept it going strong. The feeling of going on your own anime adventure made it feel special
>>
File: 1485636234717.jpg (96KB, 1091x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1485636234717.jpg
96KB, 1091x1005px
It is pretty troubling.
That tree of savior skill revamp didn't fix the issue of early classes being pretty pointless.

All they had to do was make any of the class combinations viable, but noooooo
>>
>>384223301
You're right, that's why they are making a re-start server of RO, like, right fucking now, its been live for a month
>>
>>384223301
In retrospective it was an awfull game that hit a couple sweet spots way too good which caused it to become more successfull and last for longer than it deserved.

Whatever the fuck made me think that killing skeletons endlessly for weeks just to get a fucking +1 was fun?
>>
>>384223301
>Wide selections of classes, everyone had like 2 or 3 they wanted to try out
>Graphics were good for its time
>There wasn't much information about what to do so all you could do was to explore on your own or with a party
>Leveling up with a big party in Anubis/Odin/Thor
>WoE

And perhaps most important
>10/10 OST
>>
>>384223674
And it will eventually reach the episodes where everything went to the shitter, again. Kind of wish that server keeps resetting every number of years but then I remember the game lives on cash shop whores and meh
>>
>>384223507
>That tree of savior skill revamp didn't fix the issue of early classes being pretty pointless.
???? Give one example.
>>
File: screenloki555.jpg (38KB, 371x364px) Image search: [Google]
screenloki555.jpg
38KB, 371x364px
>>384223301
>tfw your assassin is just a buzzing fly trying to spam 1 ability ... fail and run away hiding.
>>
Is it time to shill the re:start guild already?
>>
>>384225347
Your shit game still scales more toward the later tiers thus making build variety narrow.
>>
>>384226025
So you're just repeating shit you've read here months ago? Next time bullshit on something you know at least you can back it up.
>>
>>384226181
I'm sorry your game is a shit spiritual successor?
That's exactly what the devs talked about doing and did.
>muh weapons
Later tiers still scale better

Hell, you probably have their youtube channel subbed.
Go on, rewatch the dev blogs for the 100th time
>>
>>384226590
I am just asking for ONE EXAMPLE or are you just gonna keep on bullshitting?
>>
>>384223301
Charm and simplicity really.
>that art design
>that easy to understand class design(at first)
>the wide variation of musical styles soundtemp used for soundtrack
>the god tier quality of nearly every piece of said soundtrack
>the pleasure of just wandering around maps and seeing what's there or being chased the fuck out until you're strong enough to come back
>no particular story to fuck with(at first), no fuss other than raw rpg shit
>that immense satisfaction every time you smack the shit out of a mushroom and it squeaks its last breath out
>>
>>384223301
I still have a cd for offline purposes and keep it in my safe
>>
It trusted me enough to fuck with my own stats and skills. So what if my agi knight wasn't that great, I had fun with it. and also spent too much on potions because of it.
>>
>>384227076
Here's you last (you) since you can only reply with kiddie-tier conversation

Multiple low rank classes at circle 3 will be worse than a higher up rank at circle 1 or 2.
This creates a very narrow set of build paths by itself, but becomes even more narrow when you get into physical and magical damage builds.
>>
>>384228089
So is this your last bullshit? Probably not.

>Multiple low rank classes at circle 3 will be worse than a higher up rank at circle 1 or 2.
This is too fucking broad to be an example. You are literally just googling what this game is all about and just extrapolating on what you read here on /v/.
>>
File: 1138227913102.jpg (171KB, 1720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1138227913102.jpg
171KB, 1720x1200px
>>384223301
>>384223735
Because we were 12yos and both online play and persistent open-worlds were still new and exciting concepts back then.
>>
>>384223301
At least WoE tradition is continued in Black Desert Online.
>>
>>384223301
http://store.steampowered.com/app/660330/Ragnarok_RESTART/
>>
>>384230757
>Can be spent on almost any Kafra item
Tempting but can't throw my life away at this game again
>>
>>384228480
>This is too fucking broad to be an example.
Not him, but is it wrong or not? I'm just asking.
>>
>>384223301
leika-ro.net
Don't mind me, just posting the best server ever.
>>
I wish I never touched this gook pile of shit, give me my youth back!
>>
File: ragtime.jpg (402KB, 1920x1042px) Image search: [Google]
ragtime.jpg
402KB, 1920x1042px
>>384223301
just go play iRO or something and stop crying, game is still alive and well on multiple regions.
>>
>>384230757
Is that just vanilla ragnarok? don't some private servers do this already?
>>
>>384230757
Will it be global or NA only?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.