[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else gonna demand a refund for their kickstarter pledge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: rippeddafuckoff.jpg (1MB, 3847x720px) Image search: [Google]
rippeddafuckoff.jpg
1MB, 3847x720px
Anyone else gonna demand a refund for their kickstarter pledge?

>graphics look like a PS2 game
>artstyle looks like generic anime shit
>characters look like retarded weebshit(this girl, the blood demon girl boss, and that giant kraken with giant tits)
>abyssmal lighting and no attention to detail in environments
>environments way too clean and well structured, not dark and gritty at all
>gameplay is the exact same fucking shit from the post sotn era, including the enemies all having extremely limited movement and attacks, and the barebones combat that consist of spamming a single attack nonstop and casting spells(two thirds of which will be garbage, and the other third will be broken and make the game piss easy)
>shittons of pointless clone weapons like +3 damage shortswords

Iga ripped us the fuck off. This game should at least look as good and detailed as Ori and the Blind Forest or Deadlight.
>>
klol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3doc-7v1X0

>over 5 million dollars for this shit...
>>
There's still a year of development left, plenty of time for polish.
>>
>>384222567
And that's just for the base game and none of the Stretch goals.
The game is running on the Shovel knight development cycle.
Iga has no idea what to do with the extra money so he starts out using the base amount needed before using the rest for the stretch goals.
>>
>>384218767
I am pretty sick of these indie devs falling for the 2.5D meme.
>>
>>384218767
Is the right pic from Deadlight? Bretty cool small game.
>>
>>384224665
I thought /v/ preferred 2.5D over straight 2D? Isn't 2D considered overplayed now?
>>
>>384218767
>It's a "Bloodstained is a bad game" episode
>>
>>384224947
/v/ isn't one person but a lot of people were just sick of all the low quality pixel art being shit out, that doesn't mean they wanted low quality 2.5D instead.
>>
>>384218767
>This Castlevania-style game from the Castlevania guy looks and plays exactly like a fucking Castlevania game! What a fucking ripoff!!!
>>
>>384218767
You deserve to lose your money for being retarded enough to back a kikestarter.
>>
>>384225164
>looks and plays exactly like a fucking Castlevania game!

How many of Iga's Castlevania games were in 2.5D?
>>
>>384225324
Oh I'm sorry
>Looks and plays exactly like a Castlevania game, except it's 2.5D and that somehow means it's a bad game! What a fucking ripoff!!!
>>
>>384225387
It looks significantly uglier than actual Castlevania games, all because of poor decision making. Stop being such a drone. Not even OP, I just have eyes.
>>
>>384224947
Are you fucking kidding? Nobody likes 2.5D, and especially not /v/ with all the pixel art threads.
>>
>>384218767
>>gameplay is the exact same fucking shit from the post sotn era, including the enemies all having extremely limited movement and attacks, and the barebones combat that consist of spamming a single attack nonstop and casting spells(two thirds of which will be garbage, and the other third will be broken and make the game piss easy)
what the fuck were you expecting
>>
>>384218767
>This game should at least look as good and detailed as Ori and the Blind Forest or Deadlight

Nah, fuck off. I never had unrealistic expectations for the amount of money they recieved, and the gameplay demo proved the gameplay is what actual Castlevania fans have been wanting.

Graphixxx fags need to piss off.
>>
>>384225137
So it's not about 2D or 2.5D, but about the quality?

>>384225565
But there's lots of times I've seen /v/ upset over a good looking sprite based game because it's either "indie art trash" or "muh retro nostalgia."
>>
>>384225907
Shill get the fuck out
>>
i think it wouldn't looks as bad if it was maybe a bit faster for the movement as it looks like she is fighting against water the entire time.
>>
>>384225907
Yeah, games that look like shit, no one ever complained about games like Ori or Owlboy
>>
>>384219468
>meanwhile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTr5l5R-kik
>>
>>384218767
The animation is horrible and they're not doing absolutely anything cute or clever with the 2.5D.
More game devs need to play Donkey Kong Country Returns before making more 2.5D games.
>>
File: Jotun 01.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jotun 01.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>384226854
As a note, if you haven't tried Jotun, it's usually on sale for dirt cheap and it's pretty as all fuck.
>>
>gameplay is the exact same fucking shit from the post sotn era
What were you expecting, retard? All the metroidvania games are exactly like this with the exception of CoTM.
>>
>>384226854
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB37tkDDNJA
>>
>>384227314
http://store.steampowered.com/app/323580/Jotun_Valhalla_Edition/

>currently free
Well shit
>>
>>384225324
Dracula x chronicles
>>
>>384227467
well why the heck not, then
>>
>>384227183
>>384227314
>hand drawn
>Vikings
so they're ripping off Banner Saga?
>>
>>384226137
just like most igavania there's gonna be mercury sandals/ panther soul/ back-dash jump cancel
>>
>>384227782
It's an action combat game, And it's about the death of A viking women, not a band of northmen.
>>
>>384227467
wait wait what? Why? Is this the actual game?
>>
>>384228309
advertising for their next game
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.