[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished pic related. How did they get away with charging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: groundzeroes.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
groundzeroes.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Just finished pic related. How did they get away with charging $60 for this game? You can beat it in 30 minutes. Kojima really gave his fans a dicking on this one.
>>
don't worry, it takes like 100+ hours to finish TPP
>>
>>384217946
They never charged 60$, did they?
>>
>>384217946
>How did they get away with charging $60 for this game?

Because it's Kojima.

Tbf though, it was only $60 if you bought at retail.
>>
Imagine how amazing TPP would feel if Ground Zeroes was kept in as a prologue like the Virtuous Mission in MGS3?
>>
>>384218728
Please anon, I don't want to hurt like this
>>
>>384217946
>charging $60 for this game?
never did, never was that much
>>
>>384218728
Why didn't the Definite Edition do this?
>>
>>384217946
>How did they get away with charging $60 for this game?
They didn't.
>>
did you buy the demo by accident thinking it was the full game?
>>
Shame too cause you were actually the legit Big Boss in that one. I don't like the frankenstein demon mute
>>
>>384218728
Ground Zeroes was never a prologue. It would have taken place as a flashback after rescuing Miller.
>>
The fact is was $30 is still a joke.
>>
>>384217946
They never once in history ever at all ever in a million years ever charged $60 for Ground Zeroes. Ever. The absolute highest it ever cost at any time was $39.99.
>>
>>384217946

Who the hell swindled you into paying $60.00

IIRC its original price caused a riot so it was dropped by $10 to make people less demicky about it. I believe it went from $40 to $30
>>
The game was $60 at launch but it's like $15 right now and I believe $20 when it first arrived on PC.

Despite its short length, it's filled with varied gameplay types and ways to attack the small base you're infiltrating.

The graphics are objectively pretty nice looking.

The story is short but concise and reveals things fans only sort of care about but already know via prior games in the series. If anything the story is to soften new players to what Phantom Pain is supposed to feel like.

It's a glorified demo that I had a lot of fun playing as a holdover for Phantom Pain.
>>
I genuinely have never heard a line so well delivered as Miller's give it back line. He was just so amazing in this game and it's so sad that it was stuck in this game. I want to make a game with the same feeling as those.
>>
>People thinking Ground Zeroes was 60 dolaros
>>
>>384217946
it wasn't ever 60 dollars
>>
>>384218553
>>384219076
>>384219139
>>384219779
>>384222621
Fucking hell you retards other places exist that aren't burgerland
It was 60 bucks here in Australia for fuck sake
>>
>>384223092
Then isn't that less Konami's fault and more yours for living in Australia?
>>
>>384223092
>Australia
>relevant
lol
>>
>>384223092
>Australia
Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>384223092
Isn't everything like a billion dollars there anyway?
>>
i don't understand how it was possible for them to fuck it up that much. the game literally wrote itself.
>keep ground zeros as a prologue in the game
>cut all the filler missions
>do some villain stuff like assasianations and deploying child soldiers
>get to see young sniper wolf
>reveal the tweeeeest much sooner
>final mission is infiltrating outer heaven as young solid snake voiced by david hayter
>>
>>384223375
>>final mission is infiltrating outer heaven as young solid snake voiced by david hayter

>not DEFENDING Outer Heaven as the one true badass Snake of all time, Venom Snake.
>>
>>384223491
that would be perfect for a side op
>>
>>384223602

No, it would be perfect as a true ending, ya know like the old games had, where something insanely dramatic and final occurred that cut the game off. You would be playing and forced to lose eventually, and then that's it.

But this doesn't fit into the FOB narrative Konami was pushing and they needed the game to be everlasting with one save file. Modern online gaming fucked everything up.
>>
>>384223752
it would have been funny if it started out like just another base defending mission and then it turns out it's fucking solid snake who's attacking your base. but i bet the opening credits would have given it away because konami is a hack.
>>
>>384223092
it's 10 bucks at cex
>>
>>384223375
>force unrelated characters into the story to please lorefags
>make big boss a forced comic villain
Nah that'd be cheesy as fuck and wouldn't fit with the game.
>>
>>384223092
That isn't anyone fault except yours for being born in Australia.
>>
>>384223092
Mate you're an idiot if you paid $60 for this.
The "definitive experience" for V was just on sale for $16 AUD, you cuck.
>>
Ground Zeroes was better than Phantom Pain. I actually think I spent more time playing it since the plot was promising, the level was well designed, and the missions were varied. None of which you can claim about the full game.
>>
>>384224007
well it wouldn't really work since the Outer Heaven base is not DD's motherbase
>>
>>384217946
>>384223092
Oh wow, another Australian shitposter. What a surprise.
>>
>>384223375
Nah.
The ending was pure kino in MGSV.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.