[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>almost three ours to get to the first boss >easy as shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56KB, 256x369px
>almost three ours to get to the first boss
>easy as shit
>next boss is literally one door away
>hard as all fuck bar parrying
>arbalest gimmick to kill it
>fly to ruins
>kill 9 identical goons in narrow corridors
>unlock shortcut to boss to use which I risk to die everytime

Is all the game like this? Might as well drop it now.
Dark souls wasn't this retarded, let alone Demon's souls.
>>
It's a serviceable PvE game. It's really awkward, unpolished, inconsistent. Lacks all the charm of the series as a whole but is still an alright game. Setting this game next to Dark Souls and Demons Souls is setting unreasonably high expectations.
>>
Nah, Pursuer is easy as fuck. It's just that the first time you have no clue how his pattern is so that first time it just feels frustratingly hard. The rest of the game has some moments like this, but none really hit you like The Pursuer. By the time you start your second playthrough, you'll be laughing at yourself wondering why you ever found the guy hard.
>>
>3 hours to the first boss

What the fuck?
>>
>>384214849
Are you playing Scholar? Wait until you see the path to the cathedral of blue, textbook meatgrinder.
>>
>>384215980
>>384215386
fug
>>384215818
a bit less than that, but still.
>>
According to contrarian v this is the best souls.
>>
File: 1456617366368.gif (3MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1456617366368.gif
3MB, 300x168px
>>384216443
>contrarian /v/
>>
File: 1462329856564.jpg (91KB, 830x963px) Image search: [Google]
1462329856564.jpg
91KB, 830x963px
DS2 is a weird game.

>great package with loads of content
>lots of padding and doesn't feel like a Souls game until DLC

>steepest learning curve, feels and plays like older games and King's Field
>arbitrary stiffness to combat, feels and looks like a PS2 game half the time

>loads of good ideas
>batshit insane ideas overshadow good ones

The stupidest thing about adaptability and soul memory is how pointless they make each other.

Adaptability tried to be an alternative to light-medium-heavy rolls. It's not a bad idea being restricted by soul level and choosing how good you want your roll to be. That idea gets shat on with soul memory, and the game gives you a shit load more souls compared to the others. It's borderline trainwreck.

They should've just took their time, consolidated everything, and just made DS2 and 3 one game.
>>
>>384214849
>it's another shitter that can't enjoy the PvE greatness if 2 and likes DaS 1 for arbitrary reasons only like the art or the metroidvania
>>
File: 1461630609053.png (414KB, 679x717px) Image search: [Google]
1461630609053.png
414KB, 679x717px
>>384214849
The game isn't linear
If you are having problems with a boss just explore somewhere else and come back later.
>>
>>384216884
>and then there's this shitter who cares about PvP and thinks SM was bad.

SM kept co-op healthy. SL is retarded.
>>
>>384217074
blighttown and valley of defilement were a pain in the dick, but never once felt nearly as retarded as this.
>>
Hating on Soul Memory is the biggest non-argument in the history of video games culture.

It masks the fact that there's an autistic user base who thinks these games need to have a PvP meta, painfully unaware that these games will never ever be balanced for such things.
In reality, SM increased player connectability regardless of playatyle and build, while keeping low level players away from twinks.

But some wannabe tourneyfags who shouldn't be playing these games wanted to have a PvP environment where high level multiclassed players aren't allowed to play, because MMMUH BALANCER MUH GAY BOY PENIS
>>
>>384217273
Those levels weren't nearly as hard as you make them sound like. They require paying attention. Clearly outside of your comfort zone.
>>
>>384216884
>loads of good ideas
>batshit insane ideas overshadow good ones

Explain
>>
>>384216321
>a bit less than that, but still.

Who do you think the first boss is?
>>
>>384218170
Last giant? Fuck me if I missed one. But considering how easy it is I think it's intended to be the first one.
>>
>>384218559
If it takes you 3 hours to get to Last Giant, it's because of you and not the game.

I don't even like DS2, but that's a bullshit criticism.
>>
>>384216884
>Adaptability tried to be an alternative to light-medium-heavy rolls. It's not a bad idea being restricted by soul level and choosing how good you want your roll to be.

Don't even try to defend adaptability.
>>
Can some PvP-fag explain to me what Soul Memory is, and why everyone hates it?

I only play these games for the PvE and honestly thought DaS2 was pretty amazing besides some of the shitty boss fights. But whenever I bring up liking this game the response is always SOUL MEMORY LOL.

Despite this, it seems to have a very active PvP scene still.
>>
>>384218559
It takes twenty fucking minutes to get to The Last Giant. I am five hours in the game and have 2 of the four lord souls... ffs
>>
>>384218795
Picking between poise and rolling is a great idea and allows class variation. Much better than 3 making it Roll Souls and removing Poise
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.