[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any suggestions for wired pc controllers? Advice on this offbrand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 31x97QkEOGL.jpg (14KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
31x97QkEOGL.jpg
14KB, 500x267px
Any suggestions for wired pc controllers? Advice on this offbrand PowerA xbox one I'm using? The driver is out of date but finding one is a real pain. Certain games are constantly moving in one direction from the joystick. Fairly certain it's a driver problem but I don't have the patience. Are there good plug and play options for controllers that just work with no bs?
>>
File: stimpy-closeup.jpg (2MB, 1600x1258px) Image search: [Google]
stimpy-closeup.jpg
2MB, 1600x1258px
Any comments could be useful, please and thank you.
>>
>>384211754
ds4
>>
>>384212076
I'm specifically looking for usb wired controllers.
>>
>>384211754
Xbox 360 or one controller
>>
>>384211754
just get a wired 360 controller. used they are like 20 bucks and as long as you dont man handle it it'll last forever
>>
>>384211754
Honestly, I've laid my hands on a lot of controller and out of all of them, the first party ones are heavily preferrable for their durability and build quality. Out of those I would recommend either xbone or ds4. Ds3 is pretty much a less ergonomic version of ds4, and x360 has literally the worst d-pad acros five console generations.

Xbone and ds4 can both be used in wired mode. Ds4 requres custom software (ds4windows), but it's super easy to set up.

I can talk about gamepads at length, but this is the condensed version.
>>
>>384212226
You can use it wired, but other than that, as far as compatibility with games goes, you may as well just use the xbox branded ones
>>
>>384212308
>>384212336
>360
Only if you don't intend to use the d-pad, ever. It's THIS bad.
>>
File: 1497544680162.png (293KB, 514x544px) Image search: [Google]
1497544680162.png
293KB, 514x544px
>>384212350
To add to that, you might be tempted to try nintendo gamepads, but the problem with them is that their triggers are digital instead of analog. They're analog on ds3, ds4, x360 and xbone, and it gets used a lot in racing, simulation games and the like. Since you're getting a controller anyway, you're better off having the full analog control, I think. And a non-shit d-pad as well, looking at you, 360.

And about the steam controller, it's really a mixed bag. It has some cool gyro and haptic gimmicks, crazy customizabilty, but ultimately the lack of a d-pad and only one analog stick makes it somewhat cumbersome in my opinion. It's good as a backup controller when you're in the mood to try some crazy shit, or to play mouse/kb based games with a controller, but as a standalone controller for multiplats, I feel it's just more unwieldy than the more orthodox options.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.