[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got this today, it's amazing but god damn is the ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

Just got this today, it's amazing but god damn is the ammo and recovery system annoying as fuck. I literally have to go and grind sometimes which is so fucking ass dude. Why'd they backpedal on the good idea of the estus?
>>
>>384207272
20 vials is way too much and yeah, having to grind for more is annoying. i suppose u just shouldnt suck, but considering some fights can linger on trial and error seems a bit unfair.
>>
>>384207693
It really boils down to 'do i want to farm longer or can i beat this boss with 6' which is stupid. Start with 5 or ten of each to make it somewhat better.
>>
>>384207272
The idea is that estus halted your progress if you were in the groove, since you would run out and you had to stop. With the new system, you can just keep going basically forever because enemies will keep dropping them.
>>
>>384207272
Most of the time is not problem because when you start getting the hang on the game you barely use them. problem is at the boss or a couple of section where you may use a lot and then die.
>>
>>384207875
Could do that without limited consumables, like in DS3 where killing some enemies restored Estus.
>>
>>384208020
DS3 came after bloodborne, so they couldn't use an idea they hadn't come up with yet.
>>
>>384207828
yeah it's
>do i want to farm longer or can i beat this boss with 6
the consequence being having to waste time farming more if you lose. that's all fine and dandy, but as a said, some fights can be trial and error, so it isnt necessarily a fair wager. so it should be like "i re-spawned with only 5 vials, should i waste my time farming for more because im not good enough, or should i take the risk and defeat him with scarce vials".
that reduces the monotony
>>
>>384207272
i just started playing this, how do i put down the equivilant of the white soap stone so people can summon me?
didn't have any trouble really up until praal, want to build up some insight+get some practice helping others
>>
Because they can't punish souls veterans with bloodstains anymore, it hasn't been an effective tool since DS1. Slapping you on the wrist every single time you hit the triangle button is the only thing that really works anymore, and DS3 being a very casual and pleasant run through a tired dark fantasy setting was just more cement.
>>
>>384207272
I agree, vials were irritating because if you were stuck at a certain part you'd run out of healing items. I also didn't like the ammo that much just because of how inconsistent the parry system was. Obviously if you could cancel every attack with a bullet it'd be rather OP but I don't like the trial and error of "well I guess you'd better learn which animations you can shoot through."
>>
>>384208281
>DS3 being a very casual
i actually had a harder time with ds3 than bloodborne
you get op way too fast in bb
>>
>>384207272
If you're not doing it already always make sure to spend your leftover blood echos from leveling on blood vials, it should cause you to build up a bunch
>>
>>384208186
It shows there was no reason to go to a limited consumable model, since the solution was just to allow for drops anyways.
>>
>>384208491
You are OP in DS3 if you started with the knight class desu
>>
The only times this is really a problem are the start of the game and the first time you fight Ludwig
>>
>>384207272
9 more days to go OP!
>>
>>384208410
Its like Dark souls, in which you cant parry every attack.

I can see how its tough to balance though. I think they did their best.
>>
>>384208281
>DS3 being a very casual and pleasant run
There are a lot of salty fuckers in here who complain that DS3 is broken because it has BB speed enemies and you move at DS speed
>>
>>384207272
It really does become a non-issue later in the game.

Though i do agree it could have been better.
>>
>>384208840
i think it's fairly balanced. good example of risk vs required. risk a major hit to deliver a major hit. for player familiar or skilled enough, this is +
>>
>>384208820
Until?

>>384207272
Just buy them OP, you don't really need to level until you find a weapon you want to use and don't meet the stat requirements of. I find doing less damage but having more healing vials is much better than the reverse, at least at early game when you having gotten dodging completely down.
>>
>>384207272
vials aren't the only healing
>>
Is this Bloodborne difficult to navigate and find out where you're supposed to go? Spent most of my first Dark Souls playthrough running around trying to figure out where to go next. On subsequent playthroughs I fell in love with the game and really appreciated the world design though.
>>
>>384208280
It's the bell anon, you just ring it and wait.
>>
>>384208932
i hated how they carried alot of things from bloodborne. the enemies in ds were slow, which made sense when thinking about the somber tone. everything is dead or dying. in bb the fast enemies matched the more blood thirsty themes. then ds3 just blended everything
>>
>>384209243
Reasonable criticism, it made for some superb boss fights in DS3 though
>>
>>384208581
i always start deprived
>>
>>384209314
>it made for some superb boss fights
i suppose
>>
there's like a deadzone where grinding is super fucking annoying, but later on you'll never have to grind again because you'll have so many drop/spare souls to buy them

don't worry about it, having to grind for it ends fast
>>
>>384209459
same here. i can allocate my stats more effectively since u start on the lowest level
>>
>>384209243
I havnt played DaS3 yet. I keep hearing stuff like this about it though. Does it still have any merit? I wont be expecting anything as good as BB but ive been wanting to try it now they have the fire fades edition or whatever.
>>
>>384208020
Well that just means they decided to listen to players and fix it.
>>
>>384209640
Obviously, but they had to go out of their way to add drops and remove the bonfire refilling rather than just add vial drops. It means it's valid to criticize the design decision since it was a pretty active choice.
>>
>>384209571
yup
I usually just mass dump into a handful of stats and never touch the rest
like in bb i dont think my bloodtinge ever exceed 6 or 7 (maybe 9 cause i wanted to use the repeating pistol before knowing about the 2 bullets per shot)
>>
>>384208750
It isn't an issue at Ludwig because you can just farm blood vials off of the thing next to the gate for like, 5 vials a kill
>>
>>384209598
Well, Ds3 is very much an attempt at appending BB to DS2 which is why it ended up with the worst PVP in the series among other things.
>>
I ended up using the parry bonus upgrades that reward vials and bullets upon successful parties. Would bait for parries on normal enemies to grind up a nice supply.

FUCK Orphan reee!
>>
>>384207272
Bloodborne is supposed to be a stand-alone and not related to the Dark Souls games
>>
>>384209764
Bonfires are a "dark souls" thing, and BB was clearly trying to be reminiscent of Demon's Souls.
That being said, limited consumables were lame in DeS too, and I agree with you that the blood vials are lame at the beginning before you kill any bosses.
>>
>>384209598
in my personal experience, i got bored of ds3 fast. it's literally the exact same fucking game, except it has bloodbornes aesthetic 100%. i didn't expect anything mind blowing and i was right. im glad they are putting the souls series on hold so they can come back with new ideas.

>>384209778
i literally dump in strength and vitality. it works. i can speed run ds in < 1hr and bb in <3hrs.
>>
>>384207272
Anyone else think 3 improved upon this?
>>
>>384210101
>Bonfires are a "dark souls" thing
I used the term because it refers to the prior situation in DS, obviously for BB it would be lanterns.

>>384209598
Gameplay is fun but it has a bit less replayability and is more linear. Worth playing, at least.
>>
Why did Bloodborne and DS3 feel like Demon's Souls?
>>
Why do people like this game so much? I bought it in October 2016 and barely touched it. The gameplay is ass. It's worst than DD:DA on PS3.
>>
>>384210645
They love From, the art style, the soundtrack, the gothic space horror, made by the same team that made Demon's Souls
>>
>>384210428
Lore wouldn't make sense.
I know that's a shitty excuse, but the fires in Dark Souls nurture the undead, and the fire itself is literally what is used in an estus flask.
With a lantern it would require some nullshit that would either make the lanterns give blood, alter your healing item to something less edgy, or give no lore explanation.
At the end of the day, the fact remains that the blood vial thing is a non issue if you realize that this game simply is NOT Dark Souls and manage your resources wisely.
This game is more about healing through aggressive combat, anyway.
>>
>>384210880
most BB players didn't play the previous games tho
>>
>>384210995
>I know that's a shitty excuse, but the fires in Dark Souls nurture the undead, and the fire itself is literally what is used in an estus flask.
Eh, given that you refill what's in your inventory after death, they could toss in a single thing that it lets you resupply from the dream when you visit one or whatever.

>This game is more about healing through aggressive combat, anyway.
Which is more fun anyways at the end of the day, I agree.
>>
>>384211093
what makes you say that? it would be more likely to check out other From games after finishing BB
>>
>>384210995
it doesn't make sense according to lore... but player enjoyment? you can heal through aggressive combat, but blood vials act as a chance to learn new enemies. the fact is, having to waste time gathering resources is needless and redundant; just give me a scarce amount of vials when i respawn. the only thing grinding does it cause monotony. they can come up with some stupid lore shit like u are resupplied by the hunters workshop.
>>
>>384211093
Source: your blood crusty asshole

Bloodborne is my favorite, but I've played and beaten every Souls game, and Demons, and even a little Kings Field, more than once.
>>
>>384211093
I'd disagree completely. BB did not sell well and everyone I knew that played it only did so because they were hardcore fans.
>>
>>384211093
i played bb first and i must say, the world is what hit me.
>>
File: wadur.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
wadur.png
51KB, 657x527px
>final get online after putting in a couple hours exploring and doing the first couple bosses
>check trophies
>vicar amelia-rare: only 43% of people get this
did that many people drop the game immediately?
>>
>>384211794
>ten billion steam library backlog and tired gamer threads are posted every minute on /v/
I expect that a lot of people try it and stop, or just bought it and never actually played it
>>
>>384211574
>BB did not sell well
u wot. it sold more than expected.
>>
>>384211952
i guess thats fair
on an unrelated note, should i consume the one third umbilival cord from the old hunters workshop? or can it be used in some sidequest?

and is there any point giving the little girl back her moms bracelet or should i just get the bloodgem?
>>
>>384212135
eh. considering the game it was, close to 3 mil is pretty shit, atleast for me.
>>
>>384212164
> should i consume the one third umbilival cord from the old hunters workshop? or can it be used in some sidequest?
Yes you should, don't you want eyes on the inside?

Consuming it is the quest, and there are more
>>
>>384211574
BB sold fine
It sold about as much as ds2 despite being an exclusive, way better than sony expected
>>
>>384212164
if i remember correctly
giving the bracelet causes her to basically kill herself or some shit and u can get a messengers cosmetic item. or u can keep it and use the blood gem. im not sure, though
>>
>>384209598
ds3 feels like the one game afraid to try anything new, going into it I felt like I was playing a giant dark souls 1 dlc with tighter controls.
nothing really feels new or interesting though and most the areas are reskins or literal copy paste from old games.
>>
>>384209113
It's kinda linear until chapel odeon. It's still kinda linear but you have like 3 paths you can take, one relies on dying to a specific enemy.
>>
File: peper.jpg (68KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
peper.jpg
68KB, 655x509px
>>384212420
i think you're right
i gave it back to her and she cried and they stopped responding and there was some hat i couldn't wear for sale at the insight store
I knew i shouldnt have told her
>>
How did they fuck up SRRC matchmaking so fucking badly?

>use fucking passwords to play with a friend
>SRRC still takes 10+ minutes to connect, using fucking passwords
>>
>>384212830
apparently she attempts to reach the cathedral ward, and gets raped by the pig in the sewers. then her sister tries to search for her and meets a similar fate :)
>>
>>384212830
She'll die either way, if you don't give her the item, and you tried to "save" her by telling her to go to the church she dies on her way there through the sewer, being eaten by the giant pig.
>>
File: cunt.jpg (12KB, 441x248px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
12KB, 441x248px
>>384212640
*blocks your path*
>>
>>384213067
Her sister went mad once you show her the little sister's bloody ribbon, then having no family members left, she threw herself off the window, killing herself.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 280x180px
>>384213292
weak. people should always find a reason to live.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.