[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to great rhythm games like this? I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images(2).jpg (20KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
20KB, 300x168px
What the fuck happened to great rhythm games like this? I really miss games like this with their own aesthetic and catch music all their own. Where are they rhythm games like Gitaroo and Parappa?

All we have now is a billion Miku clones with the same garbage vocaloid music.
>>
>>384192483

Publishers realized they make no money.
>>
It's just unpopular. That Rap Rabbit game failed on KS so there's really no hope for this genre.
>>
>>384192483
Much better to make dudebro FPS for Westerners or weeb JRPG for Easterners, less effort and risk and easier to do, businesses and budgets are just too big to risk
>>
This series was subjected to heavy censorship outside of Japan. I didn't bother to buy any of them since they were going to be sub-par versions.
>>
>>384192827
For what it's worth, that Kickstarter was completely fucked up. Seriously, they couldn't have fucked up its execution more if they even tried.
>>
nobody wants to pay $60 + tip for what is essentially a collection of "interactive" cutscenes
>>
>>384193279
Have you not played any games in the last 10 years?
>>
>>384192483
>>384192630
>>384192827

This. Games like Parappa and Gitaroo Man are cult classics, so they were never insanely popular and didn't rake in the dough. Your best bet now is to wait and hope some indie devs try something new and don't fuck it up like they always do.
>>
>>384192483
rhythm games are pretty niche in the west (especially now that nobody gives a shit about guitar hero anymore) and japs aren't exactly offended by idolshit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.