[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money have you spent on F2P games? I'm at a total

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: 1449007686913.jpg (90KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449007686913.jpg
90KB, 480x720px
How much money have you spent on F2P games?

I'm at a total of 700-800 euros across all games right now.

To be fair, I've spent a combined total of several thousand hours playing them so it's not like my money's going to waste.
>>
none, I'm fucking awesome. Fuck shitty business practices.
>>
>>384172670
Maybe like 80 dollars total on warframe, then I got everything I need and wanted, so no problem
>>
Ive literally spent 0 money on any vidya my whole life. Mostly because of parents when I was younger and now I just play whatever my brother buys or whatever I download illegally/f2p
>>
>>384172976
What about online buy2play games?
>>
>To be fair, I've spent a combined total of several thousand hours playing them so it's not like my money's going to waste.

This is what every whale tells themselves to rationalize wasting money on F2P games.

You could get several thousand hours out of one or two $60 games with the added advantage of not being stuck with a shitty f2p game
>>
>>384173260
What 60 dollar games are going to give me that much gameplay?
Besides, i don't care about playing those games.
>>
>>384173705
>What 60 dollar games are going to give me that much gameplay?
Most of them. The gameplay from your average F2P game pales in comparison.
>Besides, i don't care about playing those games.
I'm sorry you have shit taste.
>>
>>384174885
Most good buyable games will give you no more than 50 hours of gameplay.
The games you play must be terrible.
>>
>>384172670
$0, I won't even play f2p games. If the developers don't think it's worth charging money for, why would I want to play it?
>>
I spent $5 I think buying the ice girl from Paladins. It was not worth it.
>>
In all my life I have never spent a cent on an f2p game.
>>
>>384175507
No F2P game comes anywhere even close to 50 hours of quality gameplay
Unless it's multiplayer, and most buyable games have superior multiplayer to F2P ones. Because as anon said, why would you play it if it's not even good enough to charge money for?
>The games you play must be terrible.
I'm not the one playing F2P shit.
>>
>>384172670

>60 bucks on warface xaxaxaxax

>60 on leauge of cancer, account got banned for 250 years

>another 50 on league of cancer
>>
>>384178271
>if it's not even good enough to charge money for?

Because devs are smart and use a business model which generates them more money.
They change the resource income from a larger but lower per capita situation to one where a few people feed them most of the resources, which they are enticed to do because of the larger playerbase due to it being f2p.
They're being smart.
>>
>>384179904

They make more money making their game free to play because it isn't worth paying for.
>>
Bought about £800 worth of OSRS gold
Sold about £1500
>>
File: 1487107217066.png (32KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1487107217066.png
32KB, 633x758px
>>384172670
$2000 on LoL
>>
>>384172670
around 40 - 50 Euro on League of Legends
>>
I just started playing TF2 since I'd never really gotten into it and I bought a few of the starter packs from the shop.
>>
File: 1499811854531.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499811854531.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
$2 but it was google survey money.
>>
$10 on Tribes:Ascend
$10 on Planetside 2
$10 on Gwent
If i play something a lot i like to spend some money on it just to support the devs.
>>
if it's f2p, your money is going to waste. dumb motherfucker.
>>
300$ on TF2
I've made a lot of it back, though.
>>
>>384181262
Except millions of people play these games for thousands of hours.
The average gamer has spent hundreds of dollars/euros on games yet spends way less time playing these games on average compared to f2p games like league and DotA 2.
Seems like these games are better than most of your buy 2 play games.
>>
File: 2012_12_16_0019.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2012_12_16_0019.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>384172670
I think I've spent $70-80 on Warframe, but I ended up playing that for 400+ hours before I got sick of it so I consider that a great value.

I've also spent around $30 on underwear in Vindictus, that was not a good value because the game turned to garbage.
>>
>>384181842
You can get access to new heroes, weapons etc. way sooner than f2p can. They will have to spend more time playing a setup that isn't their preferred one.
So you're the one that's actually wasting your time, exchanging many hours for just a few dollars.
>>
>>384182479
>You can get access to new heroes, weapons etc. way sooner than f2p can.
I auto mark games like these as shit along side any freemmo that makes you pay for respecing.
>>
>>384182479
>You can get access to new heroes, weapons etc. way sooner than f2p can
You can also do this by just buying a game.
>So you're the one that's actually wasting your time,
He's not the one playing F2P shit
>>
>>384183597
>He's not the one playing F2P shit
No, instead he's getting a lower time:money investment(wasting money).
Enjoy wasting your money and spending over ten times the amount i do for per hour of gameplay.
>>
>>384184236
>he's getting a lower time:money investment(wasting money).
He's not wasting money or time on F2P shit.
Also lol @ thinking video games are an investment.
>Enjoy wasting your money and spending over ten times the amount i do for per hour of gameplay.
Enjoy having shit taste and getting objectively worse gameplay.
>>
File: 17843754238897348965.jpg (25KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
17843754238897348965.jpg
25KB, 240x320px
>>384172670
>F2P
>Free to play
>700-800 euros

You are the problem of this industry.
>>
Like, $40 total. I tend not to play F2P games as a rule, but if I do and the temptation to spend money grows too strong I set a limit of $20 for it. Helps keep me from blowing my money on frivolous stuff all the damn time.
>>
>>384184572
>F2P shit.
The most popular games on PC are F2P.
People enjoy these more than your games.
Most of these people have the money to buy games and have bought dozens if not hundreds of games.
Yet they decide to play these F2P games.
So, your games are less desirable and F2P games are more desirable, thus superior and of better quality than the garbage you play.

>Enjoy having shit taste and getting objectively worse gameplay.
"Objective" to an autistic hipster that only plays garbage games.
>>
>>384184839
Because developing games and maintaining servers and updates is free. You're a retard. OP is the one keeping the games he loves alive.
>>
Over the span of maybe 5 years, around $200 divided between several games.
I don't spend money on f2p games nowadays though
>>
>>384184990
Just ignore the anon you're arguing with. He's got nothing to say except for "stop liking what I don't like."
>>
>>384185056
>Other games with dedicated servers have a one-time pay of 60 dollars or less
>They're still in business
rly maeks u think
>>
>>384182072
The vast majority of those millions of people do not play for thousands of hours, they spend 10 minutes average on F2P games.
People who spend hundreds of dollars/euros on B2P games are getting higher quality, more diverse games on average compared to playing the same map and the same mode over and over again with the same characters.
League and Dota are the height of F2P games, your average F2P title is much worse than those. And if you think League and Dota are better than B2P games you have genuinely shit taste.
>>
>>384185359
But they don't get new content unless it's payed-for DLC.
F2P games usually have a steady flow of new characters/maps/weapons/game modes etc.
>>
>>384172670
>so it's not like my money's going to waste.

Maybe, but your time sure is you fucking pig.
>>
>>384185656
Time you enjoy wasting isn't time wasted
>>
>>384185329
>He's got nothing to say except for "stop liking what I don't like."
That's literally his argument you dunce.
>>
>>384185656
fuck off normalfag
>>
>>384185515
>The vast majority of those millions of people do not play for thousands of hours, they spend 10 minutes average on F2P games.
No, the average person spends WAY more time on League/Dota2 than they spend playing any of your games.

>People who spend hundreds of dollars/euros on B2P games are getting higher quality, more diverse games on average compared to playing the same map and the same mode over and over again with the same characters.
Not necessarily more than the amount of diverse gameplay you can get with several F2P games with each their own assortment of maps/characters.
Most B2P games have less options in their games(characters for example) compared to F2P games who have been feeding new content for years/months.

>League and Dota are the height of F2P games, your average F2P title is much worse than those. And if you think League and Dota are better than B2P games you have genuinely shit taste.
If you like online games then F2P games on average are much better than the vast majority of buy 2 play games out there.
If you disagree you have genuinly shit taste.
>>
>>384184990
>The most popular games on PC are F2P.
Because the barrier to entry is borederline nonexsitent, since they're literally free to play. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.
You might as well argue that Farmville is better than DOOM since more people play it.
>Most of these people have the money to buy games
>Yet they decide to play these F2P games.
lmao @ ur life if you think like this.

>"Objective" to an autistic hipster that only plays garbage games.
I don't play F2P games though.
>>
>>384173705
A wide variety of strategy games, various highly-modable open-world games (if you can tolerate them), any number of older games of any genre that you can either freely emulate or buy for almost nothing that will give you dozens of hours per euro. What content in "free" games would possibly merit 700-800 euros? That's absurd.
>>
>>384186206
>
You might as well argue that Farmville is better than DOOM since more people play it.
Most people playing Farmville wouldn't play actual games if Farmville wouldn't exist.
Most people playing F2P games would play buy 2 play games if F2P games wouldn't exist.
Two different scenario's.
Doesn't surprise me you can't see the difference.

>lmao @ ur life if you think like this.
What is your point exactly?
People have bought games and are buying games, yet they spend more time playing F2P games one average over the ones they spent money on.
People prefer playing F2P games over games they spent money on because F2P games on average are better.
>>
I probably spent about $700 or $800 USD on maplestory, between the tcg and NX back in the day. I bought an entire set of five boxes of the initial release of cards. Good times. I had at least 8 or 9 pet cards in the first ten packs I opened, and I sold each of them for like $30 a piece. I made a pair of stormcasters, got some c ilbis too.

I haven't spent much money on anything else. a fiver here or there. google opinion rewards has made playing mobile shit kinda fun, since they usually have some sort of package for 99 cents, and that takes like a month to get, or a day if i'm lucky.
>>
>>384186087
lol come at me bro, i'll fucking snap ya cunt
>>
Around 300€. Some which went to shitty devs which I regret and some to >fun games.

Heroes of the Storm is the only instance I would want to have a refund on. That mess is complete shit.
>>
I bought a humble bundle to play Paladins with a friend if that counts, if not then nothing.
>>
i never spent any money on a free 2 play game but i did buy gold in wow. this was before burning crusade. i was 60 wanted my epic mount so i bought gold.
>>
File: 1499559287173.png (273KB, 469x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499559287173.png
273KB, 469x480px
>>384186136
>more than the amount of diverse gameplay you can get with several F2P games with each their own assortment of maps/characters
>F2P
>diverse
>>
>>384186136
League/Dota2 are much different than your average F2P game. You have to spend much more time playing League and Dota 2 than most games in general, with matches lasting over a half an hour on average. If you're talking about F2P games in general, the average person does not spend more time playing them than B2P games. It seems like your argument is more about the superiority of MOBAs than anything to do with F2P.

You are genuinely retarded if you think playing different characters in a F2P game means it has more diverese gameplay than entirely different games in entirely different genres. Dota is almost entirely played on one map and League has like 2-3 maps with modes that all play very similarly.

>Most B2P games have less options in their games(characters for example)
Yeah you're definetely retarded. This is like saying League has more gameplay than Zelda because you only play as link on one map.

>If you like online games then F2P games on average are much better than the vast majority of buy 2 play games out there.
Your average online F2P game is much worse because they're balanced and designed around getting people to pay for advantages. Dota is an exception because Valve makes a fuckton of money off of cosmetics and the steam marketplace.

>If you disagree you have genuinly shit taste.
Says the shitter parroting me and defending F2P shit.
>>
File: 1427370297288.png (48KB, 200x334px) Image search: [Google]
1427370297288.png
48KB, 200x334px
I've spent 100 bucks on Jap phone game
>>
Probably $600 on Maplestory
>>
>>384187641
>Yeah you're definetely retarded. This is like saying League has more gameplay than Zelda because you only play as link on one map.
Seems like you're an illiterate inbred. Zelda is a single player game, in the comment you replied to i specified online games.

>Your average online F2P game is much worse because they're balanced and designed around getting people to pay for advantages. Dota is an exception because Valve makes a fuckton of money off of cosmetics and the steam marketplace.
Time advantages, not gameplay advantages.

>If you're talking about F2P games in general, the average person does not spend more time playing them than B2P games
Completely false.
The average person only plays a couple of F2P games. If he spends hundreds of hours(which many people do) in just one of these games they spend a way higher average hour/game than B2P games.
This isn't just limited to MOBAs.
But thinking it's just about MOBAS shows your lack of knowledge of F2P games, no wonder you're so clueless.

>You are genuinely retarded if you think playing different characters in a F2P game means it has more diverese gameplay than entirely different games in entirely different genres.
You are genuinly retarded if you think F2P games = only mobas.
Oh right, according to the last point you actually are.
>>
>>384186638
>Most people playing Farmville wouldn't play actual games if Farmville wouldn't exist.
Of course they would. They just play whatever casual shit is available to them for free like candy crush or angry birds.
>Most people playing F2P games would play buy 2 play games if F2P games wouldn't exist.
lmao no. Nowhere near as many people would be playing the F2P games you're talking about if there was an entry fee.

>What is your point exactly?
You have no point.

You are completely fucking delusional if you think people who are buying games spend more time playing F2P shit over the ones they spent money on. Like certifiably retarded.

>People prefer playing F2P games over games they spent money on because F2P games on average are better.
ahahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahhahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahaahahaahahaahahaahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahhahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaaha
>>
>>384188253

>You are completely fucking delusional if you think people who are buying games spend more time playing F2P shit over the ones they spent money on. Like certifiably retarded.
If weren't a mongoloid you would realise that what you said is completely false.
Go on your Steam friend's games lists, look at the average time they spend on their games.
Total time spent / amount of games.
A HUGE percentage of their games will be under 10 hours played, if they played them at all.
Meanwhile the average F2P that they do play will be on average 50+ hours.
Add to that the hundreds of hours that people play games like league.

You have to be the most sheltered clueless idiot if you think the average person spends more time playing buy to play games, which usually average a few hours at most, than they do playing your average F2P game.

>lmao no. Nowhere near as many people would be playing the F2P games you're talking about if there was an entry fee.
Learn to read, that has no relevance to what you replied to.

>Of course they would. They just play whatever casual shit is available to them for free like candy crush or angry birds.
Since you aren't capable enough to understand what i'm saying: the group of people that play those games don't play the type of games we're discussing so what they do/don't play is irrelevant.

>ahahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahhahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahaahahaahahaahahaahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahahaahhahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaahahahaahahaahahaahahaaha

Nice argument.
>>
>>384188250
>Seems like you're an illiterate inbred. Zelda is a single player game, in the comment you replied to i specified online games.
Not on the quote I was responding to you. Your reading comprehension is fucking abysmal and only an inbread retard would argue F2P games are superior on the basis of quality.

>Time advantages, not gameplay advantages.
There's no meaningful difference, not having to grind is a gameplay advantage. , as long as you have more access to more options in game you have gameplay advantages. The only people who try to distinguish the two are those who try to defend P2W games.

>Completely false.
Everything you've said is completely false.

>The average person only plays a couple of F2P games.
The average person plays more F2P games than B2P games because there is a lower barrier to entry, the games are literally free to play. So this is a non point.

>If he spends hundreds of hours(which many people do)
Most people don't, unless you are specifically talking about mobas.

>in just one of these games they spend a way higher average hour/game than B2P games.
Except many people spend hundreads of hours playing B2P games especially if they're online multiplayer. You are insanely stupid man.

>This isn't just limited to MOBAs.
No, it pretty much is. The most popular F2P games are almost exclusively MOBAs which takes much more time to play. If you exclude Mobas then your average person doesn't spend more than 10 minutes on your average F2P game. F2P games have a greater ratio of shovelware to quality than B2P does.

>But thinking it's just about MOBAS shows your lack of knowledge of F2P games, no wonder you're so clueless.
The only F2P games you mentioned so far have been MOBAS you ignorant faggot. You're basing your entire argument on F2P > B2P on LoL and Dota.

>You are genuinly retarded if you think F2P games = only mobas.
Good thing I never said this and even specifically called you out on only talking about mobas
>>
File: you fucking retard.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
you fucking retard.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>384189387
You have no argument. Literally everything you've said is completely false. You're a delusional mogoloid who thinks F2P games are inherently better than B2P games.
>>
>>384172670
0 (zero) [Z E R O]
>>
>>384190084
So far all you arguments have been invalid and based on your fee fees being hurt.
You're lower than a chimp.
At least you saved me the fee for a zoo trip.
>>
I bought the big black dick Fuck You edition of Warframe when it was still in beta, the one where you name a planet.

Blew the name on a meme.
>>
I've spend around 300$ on FF Brave Exvius. But this game is everything I ever wanted to have since Valkyrie Profiles. Theres no good reasonning but still, no regrets.
>>
approximately 10 dollars on tf2
funnily enough I made my money back and more from selling all my shit years later
>>
>>384189387
Most people buying games on steam aren't the ones playing F2P games, the majority of Steam accounts with Dota 2 don't have any purchased B2P games. TF2 skews the statistics because it was originally B2P before it went F2P. Those are pretty much the only 2 F2P games that the average player will spend 50+ hours on. And the only "games like league" are other mobas.

You have to be the most sheltered clueless idiot if you think the average person spends hundreds of hours playing F2P games but only a few hours on online multiplayer B2P games. F2P games are popular because there's no barrier to entry, and popularity != quality.

The group of people that play those games (the average F2P game) and the type of games you're discussing (MOBAs) are both F2P so what they do/don't play is relevant.

Saying F2P games are better on average is beyond retarded. It doesn't warrant a serious argument, when the fact is your average F2P games is shovelware and your only examples are far from the average.
>>
i would guesstimate around 1 thousand dollars over the past 7 years starting with vindictus to newer f2p mmos/mobas/mobile shit games

doesnt seem so bad now that i think about it.
>>
9 on smite for all the gods. 12 on shadowverse when gems were on sale. 1 on dirty bomb on the humble bundle pack.
>>
>>384189876
>The average person plays more F2P games than B2P games because there is a lower barrier to entry, the games are literally free to play. So this is a non point.
Not even close to what was being said.
The average time spent per F2P game is higher than the average time spent on a B2P game in the average person's game library.

>There's no meaningful difference, not having to grind is a gameplay advantage. , as long as you have more access to more options in game you have gameplay advantages. The only people who try to distinguish the two are those who try to defend P2W games.
B2P online games are mostly filler where the player needs to grind.
Except with F2P games you have the option to skip the grind that a B2P player spent money on and doesn't get to skip.
LOL.

>Not on the quote I was responding to you.

You didn't quote anything specific on my post on that sentence, illiterate inbred.
Learn to read and use proper logic, monkey.

>Good thing I never said this and even specifically called you out on only talking about mobas

Mongoloid said this:

> F2P game means it has more diverese gameplay than entirely different games in entirely different genres.

You're comparing one single F2P game/genre to different B2P games/genres and then wonder why one example has more diversity.

Your own examples show just how fucking stupid you are.

> If you exclude Mobas then your average person doesn't spend more than 10 minutes on your average F2P game
PoE? TF2? War Thunder? Hearthstone?
The average playtime of these games is way higher than the <5 hour B2P game in your average player's library.
>>
>>384190216
I'm not the one getting my fee fees hurt arguing F2P games are superior on a Taiwanese puppetry forum.
Please keep throwing your shit and eating it like the subhuman chimp you are.
>>
>>384191132
>Not even close to what was being said.
You are illiterate.
>The average time spent per F2P game is higher than the average time spent on a B2P game in the average person's game library.
The average person can't afford B2P games, most people who play B2P games aren't spending more time on F2P.
>B2P online games are mostly filler where the player needs to grind.
"filler where the player needs to grind" is literally the model for like every F2P game that isn't made by Valve. Are you fucking retarded?
>Except with F2P games you have the option to skip the grind that a B2P player spent money on and doesn't get to skip.
Yes by paying. That's how F2P games make their money, by forcing you to grind unless you pay up. B2P doesn't need that option since on average they don't revolve around grinding.

>You didn't quote anything specific on my post on that sentence, illiterate inbred.
You're too illiterate to see that I replied specifically to a line that never mentioned multiplayer.
You have no grasp on logic you braindead ape.

>Mongoloid said this:
>>F2P game means it has more diverese gameplay than entirely different games in entirely different genres.
You're calling me a Mongoloid when you can't even quote correctly.

>You're comparing one single F2P game/genre to different B2P games/genres and then wonder why one example has more diversity.
>Your own examples show just how fucking stupid you are.

Yeah you're brain damaged. You have no reading comprehension whatsoever. What a stupid faggot you are.
>>
>>384172670
like 50 cents on TF2 to get premium account status. Traded away a bunch of useless weapons and made back the money i spent on selling those worthless cards.
>>
File: 1465580518155.png (161KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1465580518155.png
161KB, 500x313px
>unironically defending the F2P model
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.