[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Bioware known for their storytelling when all their stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Why is Bioware known for their storytelling when all their stories are shit? Is there a more overrated western videogame studio?
>>
>>384163697
Why is square enix known for their storytelling when all their stories are shit? Is there a more overrated eastern videogame studio?
>>
VĂ­deo game players don't tend to read anything but trashy genre fiction books, it is not like the industry has any standards for writing.
>>
It's not that the stories are that great they just gave you interesting companions and decent enough stories to work with. Their last good game was about a decade ago so it don't matter now.
>>
Video games suffer from shit taste and poor knowledge.
Why do you think people blame casuals and hate game journos?
>>
Mass Effect gives us an example of what makes video games different as an art than books or movies. Told in isolation, the plot of the game isn't very interesting or ground-breaking. However, when EXPERIENCED through the playing of the game, the story becomes one that is remembered for the rest of your life.

This is the what games have to offer art, and it has proven quite difficult to accomplish for most games (including sequels to Mass Effect).
>>
>>384163697
"Muh writing" is the goto argument when a game you like is bad.
>>
Because people forget that Bioware (with Black Isle) made Baldur's Gate with WotC breathing down their necks
>>
Why does my normie girlfriend watch True Blood, Criminal Minds, and complete garbage like that? The world is retarded.
>>
>>384163697
Name one game series besides from Mass Effect who tells ONE story through 3 games where your decisions (yes, I know at the very last 5 Minutes they don't matter anymore, but still) have an impact on every title in the trilogy.
Bioware had an impact on the gaming industry, a experiment like Mass Effect was/is unique (I didn't played the Witcher tho, that's why I can't compare these two. I have all 3 titles but as an eurofag I get bored pretty fast from all the trees and middle age setting, because this stuff is right on my doorstep basically).
>>
>>384163697
Because most of the video game community doesn't use 4chan at all, so they haven't been memed into having that opinion
>>
>>384163697
>stories are shit.
Why are you trying way too hard to sound critical and edgy at the same time?
>>
File: 1472054942222.jpg (33KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1472054942222.jpg
33KB, 400x388px
>>384171303
>there will never be more Jade Empire
>>
I'm pretty sure because they made a Star Wars game that was more like the original movies at a time when people wanted the prequels to not exist and also cuz it had a funny robot
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.