[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>NPCs don't react when you hack their computers in front

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1499973596788.png (267KB, 460x438px) Image search: [Google]
1499973596788.png
267KB, 460x438px
>NPCs don't react when you hack their computers in front of them
>guards don't mind if you butcher their comrades in other room and place them at their feet
>you can skip gameplay using dialogue prompts
>rival gangs live 30ft from each other
>horrible pathfinding AI lest you choose to fight, you can string them along into a trail of LAMs
>nonsensical datacubes laying around where villains give you not only their passwords but usernames and plans as well
>hong kong: the minecraft edition
>alex jones meets ancient aliens guy: the narrative

I could go on
>>
>>384161541
>I could go on
Please do.
>>
>>384161541
>alex jones meets ancient aliens guy:the narrative
Look you don't have to be a conspiracy nut to know that a great deal of what Deus Ex said was true. Hell the first hour of gameplay has verifiable stats about how we're taxed now
Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_CBF318nBY
>>
>>384161541
>you can skip gameplay using dialogue prompts
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>384161650
>you're railroaded into doing what Paul tells you, no chance to side with Manderley and Simmons
>most of the skills you can invest point into are completely useless
>plot goes from cyberpunk to roswell in a second
>literal a b c d ending

>>384162076
no it was not, it was a gross simplification full of tenuous connections. saying that rotschilds control the UN because it was built on their property is the same like saying that Chief Deer Hoove controls the Rotschilds.
>>
>>384161541
>hahaha this 17 year old game isn't up to current standards lol
>>
>>384162678
Well it is not. Many of old time RPGs are, from dungeon crawlers to turn based combat. FPS games from that era, like Unreal and Quake are better in every way from their contemporary counterparts. System Shock games as well. Etc etc.
>>
>>384163215
Yes.
>>
>>384161541
What year were you born OP?
>>
>>384163602
I'm 34, I'm replaying DX with GMDX mod.
>>
>>384164143
but GMDX completely fixes both of these
>most of the skills you can invest point into are completely useless
>guards don't mind if you butcher their comrades in other room and place them at their feet
>>
>>384162416
>railroaded into doing what Paul tells you
That's actually a case of them running out of time. There are lines in the game's files that indicate there was an option planned to have you side with UNATCO.
>most of the skills you can invest points into are completely useless
Aside from swimming, that is a complete lie.
>plot goes from cyberpunk to roswell in a second
And this is a downside? The game was never about the cyberpunk.
>literal a b c d ending
Again, how is this a downside?
>>384162416
>tenuous
There were far other connections you know. And that's not even what I was talking about.
The point was that even when it took leaps to justify conspiracy, it never falsified any information that occurred historically.
>>
>>384161541
Pretty sure there's more. A lot of these flaws apply to the later DE games and other games in general, like retarded AI. I still prefer original DE over the newer ones. Not sure if it's nostalgia or something more.
>>
>>384164447
Go to maggie chen's apartment, kill her maid and throw her at her feet.

>>384164662
Oh so they're not as completely useless as swimming, my bad. Gonna invest heavily into athletics and environmental protection now.

>how is this a downside?

Every game that ends with you literally choosing a line of future that you don't participate into is horribad. There's a reason why SS2's ending was panned.

>the game was never about cyberpunk

Deus Ex is the definition of dystopian techno thriller featuring high tech and low life aka cyberpunk.

>>384165001
Of course, new ones are neutered shit for imbeciles, I'm not taking them into account at all. It's just that DX didn't leave a big impression on me when it came out and it isn't leaving one now.
>>
File: 1473729924642.jpg (13KB, 109x139px) Image search: [Google]
1473729924642.jpg
13KB, 109x139px
>>384161541
>>
>>384165519
>Of course, new ones are neutered shit for imbeciles, I'm not taking them into account at all. It's just that DX didn't leave a big impression on me when it came out and it isn't leaving one now.

Fair enough. I guess DE's biggest flaw is that it tries to be very wide, but is limited by being a video game made almost two decades ago. Games like Quake, Doom or even EYE have less aspects, but are still excellent.
>>
>>384162076

God all of the prequels had such trash writing compared to the original. The writing reduced to Hollywood McEvil Corporation plots.
>>
>>384167071
Do you actually claim that fucking Deus Ex where yo ugo to Area 51 has good writing?
>>
>>384167451

What does area 51 have to do with good writing? What memo did I mess?
>>
>17 year old game isn't as technologically advanced as modern games

holy fuck i never noticed this until now
>>
>>384167451

Yes, especially for an entertainment product. You can be fun and well written, there's no rules forbidding it.
>>
>>384167589
What do you consider good writing in Deus Ex? It's not good by any merit, not even as fanfiction. Characters espouse their worldview upon you as soon as you meet them, motivations are built upon simple ideological allegiance and most act as robots rather than cyborgs.

>>384167748
20 year old games are usually far more technologically advanced than what we have today. Just in case you were being a sarcastic little shit.

>>384167894
I think you confused DX with Bloodlines. DX is funny like Kekistan is funny, or like "I'm the cook" is funny, only inadvertently in this case.
>>
>>384161541
I played Deus Ex for the first time a year or so back and I dont remember any of this stuff being in the game except the datacubes.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.