[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Andrzej Sapkowski: "There had been [rumors], I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 478
Thread images: 50

File: 514QhvVjtnL.jpg (59KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
514QhvVjtnL.jpg
59KB, 333x500px
>Andrzej Sapkowski: "There had been [rumors], I don't know who spread those, probably the CD-Projekt people themselves, that if it wasn't for the games, my books would never see the translations in the western Europe. Bullshit. [...] It were the games that used my popularity, not I that had used the popularity of the games. Another thing - the games had made a lot of stink and shit. Because of them, the foreign publishers started to use graphics from the game on the covers. People rejected the books, saying that they weren't original, that they were game-related, thinking that it was a game novelization. Which there are a lots of, especially of the fantasy genre. The fans in Europe started to reject my books. I had to wage a war to prove who was first. The games ruined a lots of economic potential for me."

Is he right to be angry? Says he's going to continue the Witcher books to overwrite the games' continuity.
>>
>>384151850
He's wrong though. The only way you could read the books for a long fucking time was with fan translations.
>>
>>384151850
Why is that man eternally butthurt? Just appreciate how much the games did for you. Man what a stubborn fuck.
>>
>>384151850
No, his books are honestly pretty shit.
>>
He is Angry. The books didn't even come out in America until after the Witcher games came out. And, sales of his book spiked around the world when the series came out. Its his own damned fault because he took a flat fee instead of a percentage. He could have been a millionaire. Bitter man. Whether or not he continues the books doesn't really matter. More content for fans of either to consume.
>>
His books have better writing than the games so yes.
>>
>>384151850
He's right about the books using game images, though. It's pretty fuckin' tacky.
>>
He's mad because he sold the rights for a pittance and didn't ask for royalties
>>
>>384152112
The parts of them he didn't plagiarize were.
>>
>>384151850
it must suck to work solo and have nobody that can pick up all your slack
he built a fairly decent base for a world, but couldn't execute
>>
>>384152078
>Why is that man eternally butthurt?
He signed away all the sweet, sweet, royalty bucks because he a stupid fuck.
>>
he made a choice back then and now acts like a faggot about it, but I guess he's not entirely wrong
>>
>>384152078
>Why is that man eternally butthurt?

Because he's polish
>>
I can empathize with him, but he's an asshole about it, so fuck him.
>>
>>384152289
>>384152363
basically this
he's just a senile butthurt cunt now
Games are much better and will be more rememberable than his books
>>
>>384152078
He is always butthurt because he wanted a lump sum of money for the witcher license instead of royalties because he thought it would sell like shit.
>>
>>384152078

he gave up the rights to the games for like a thousand dollars thinking they wouldn't be popular
>>
>>384152078
he sold all the rights to the IP for like $10k
>>
>>384151850
>He thinks that his Witcher books are good

The Witcher is not even mediocre. The only reason I love The Witcher is because of The Witcher 3. Ciri waifu and the other character designs are just god tier, the graphic is perfect, and the gameplay is fun.
>>
>>384152289
>>
File: 1474743089766.jpg (356KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1474743089766.jpg
356KB, 800x800px
>>384151850
>Is offered a percentage of sales of all games or a one time payment
>Takes one time payment because he openly admits he had no faith in the games ever making money
>Games make a lot of money
>So much more money than the one time payment
>Proceed to shit on the games whenever he can in anyway he can because hes eternally asspained about this
>>
I bet he's just mad because they probably got the rights cheap at the time and now they make millions with his franchise.
>>
>>384151850
>"I think that he's totally wrong, and that he's an arrogant motherfucker," says Dmitry Glukhovsky from his Moscow flat, in response to Sapkowski's claim.
>>
He is right to be angry, but his target is wrong. He should be angry at himself for fucking up when he sold them the rights.
>>
>>384152281
This
Seriously, roche was introduced in 2nd game
Why is he on the cover of the book?
>>
>>384151850
He had no faith in his own work, took a one-time payment and now he's not getting any commisions of the very succes Witcher 3.

He should be angry at himself but it's easier to blame others for your own failings.
>>
File: delet.png (2MB, 1080x1576px) Image search: [Google]
delet.png
2MB, 1080x1576px
>>384152363
You would have done the same thing. All other adaptations of his work were complete failures, he didn't expect a video game series of all things to get it right, not to mention that the video game industry was not as impressive back then, especially to an old polish man.
>>
This is why videogames will never be art...
>>
>>384151850
>the witcher game series rode off the popularity of my books
>people think my books are game novelizations

What a dumb faggot
>>
>>384153047
Because?
>>
>>384151850
I only started reading the books after playing the first game and only because I played the first game. He's insane if he thinks the games hurt his book sales outside eastern Europe. Now on the other hand, using key art from the games on the book covers is lazy and does make people think it's a shitty novelization but that's the publisher's fault not the games.

I think he's too old and third world to realize we live in an age of wikipedia and smart phones, people who like the Witcher games are going to find out it's based on a book series. No one is going to be introduced to Witcher by casually walking into a book store going over to the fantasy section and skimming the cover art. If they're going to buy it they're doing it because they finished the games and want more of the world and characters so obviously the book series is based on is the next place to go.
>>
>>384153010
I wouldn't bitch about losing all that money, for as long as he has at least, though.
>>
File: geralt thumbs-up.jpg (54KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
geralt thumbs-up.jpg
54KB, 600x338px
>>384152078
>cd project just started
>they go to guy for an agreement to use witcher books in games
>they don't have money so they insist upon percentage deal with the writer
>writer is a stubborn alcoholic that is out of touch so he tells them to fuck off if they don't agree on an one time only agreement before they get the rights
>gets vodka money upfront from them
>get colossally butthurt over the time thanks to games succes and witcher being remembered by the games
He will die from alcohol poisoning butthurt to his last minutes because of his own fuck ups and jealousy.
>>
>>384152289
CDprojeckt actually offered him royalties many times but he got mad and told them to give him a huge lump sum instead.
>>
>>384151850
He's just a no-name Pole who's salty that a game series based on his work outsold the books by such a wide margin that even 5 lifetimes of writing that trite couldn't compensate for.
>>
>>384152879
He is, that's why he's being a faggot
>>
>>384152564
>Sold the rights to CD Project for less than $5,000 because you think it's not going to sell a single copy
>CD Project turns it into a billion dollar franchise and you don't get a fucking penny
I'd be angry too.
>>
>>384153407
Dumbasses are typically quick to anger.
>>
>>384153151
Was probably drunk at the time he made the decision, thought they were small time swindlers, but quickly realized they were a legitimate company that had passionate people.
>>
All of this makes me grin. Fuck that petty fantasy writing faggot. Yen is a babe tho.
>>
>>384152078
Imagine if it was your work getting franchised without any compensation made back to you

True, he's got no one else to blame but himself, but still you can sympathize with the man that he had a legitimate gold mine in his hands that he gave away. Not to mention there's a lot of heart and personal experience poured into the books which is getting buried to make way for new content Geralt, Yen and Regis all had to be resurrected to make Witcher 3 possible
>>
>>384153769
He's an absolute fucking prick, fuck no I don't feel sorry for this guy. He deserves it, he's a god damn baby who's blaming other people for his short comings and being an arrogant piece of shit for it
>>
Cdpr should give this guy a million to shut him up for good. It wouldn't hurt them. Poor bastard just wants more booze money, he deserves it.
>>
>>384153769
who cares. you said it yourself: his fault. sure you can sympathize with the guy but fuck that. he's a grown man who was fully capable of deciding his own business endeavors
>>
>>384153769
>he had a legitimate gold mine in his hands
If that were true his books would have sold a lot better.

You're real shit at your job when a company can use the world you created and be infinitely more succesful. His writing is just shit.
>>
>>384153090
He's just a senile drunk polack. You can only feel pity.
>>
File: witcher.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
witcher.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
>>384153090
He is correct. Sapkowski's already existing fanbase was largely responsible for the big success of the first Witcher game, especially in Poland and Russia. If CDPR didn't base that game on the books, the profit would be smaller and Witcher 2 would've had a smaller budget which could've resulted in it not catapulting the series in to the spotlight here in the west.
>>
File: iStock_000001572797XSmall.jpg (226KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000001572797XSmall.jpg
226KB, 425x282px
>>384153978
I wouldn't give that bitter cunt a penny with that shit end attitude.
>>
>>384153978
He'll just come back for even more afterwards.
>>
File: 1450986245050.jpg (50KB, 589x462px) Image search: [Google]
1450986245050.jpg
50KB, 589x462px
>>384152289
>>384152363
Holy Christ I almost feel bad for him.
>>
>>384153978
You don't need a million dollars to drink yourself to death, especially he's one foot in the grave already.

Maybe toss him 20k worth of vodka so he finally shuts up.
>>
>>384151850
Leaving the fact Sapkeksi is less than pleasant to talk to
>using videogame related graphics for book covers
This is a fucking mistake. They're good for the games, but not consistent for the books. Starting with the fact Geralt never carries both swords on his back at once at any point in the books
>>
>>384154160
You would do the same damn thing. Get off your high horse Mr white knight.
>>
>>384152078
>think the games are gonna be shit
>give the rights for ten crates of vodka and a custom wolf medallion adidas set
>games sales are great
>get butthurt for being an idiot with no more vodka and a dirty fake adidas shoes
>>
File: 1430726470815.jpg (173KB, 792x651px) Image search: [Google]
1430726470815.jpg
173KB, 792x651px
>>384154464
yea, but not for the rest of my soon to be short life.
>>
Isn't he still getting money from book sales though?
>>
>>384153769
Regis was never going to stay down forever, it would've just taken thousands of years for him to regenerate completely normally.
>>
>>384154464
not (you) but there is literally no reason to give him money now. the deal was made and is done. the real world can hurt sometimes. not everyone can win when they've already lost.
>>
>>384154312
He was actually kinda being a dick about it, the sum he asked for was quite large for CDPR at the time who were a tiny literal who company where as they were adamant he take royalties, he told them that their game wasn't going to sell and if they wanted to use his characters they had to pay up.

Turned out that the games were a massive international success and now what he asked for was comparatively nothing, less than a fraction of a single percent, supposedly it was as low as $10k, when he could have been getting 20% of total revenue which would be tens of millions.
>>
>>384154718
Yes in that makes cdpr look like an uncaring faceless corporation. Just toss him a fucking bone.
>>
>>384154464
>Does a legitimate deal
>He ends up drawing the short straw years down the line because he didn't have any trust in the company and wanted money upfront
man fuck those evil corporations
>>
CD Projekt's take on The Witcher are better than the books' anyway. Sapkowski's characters are all weird, unlikable dicks who all speak in the same authorial voice. Game Geralt and the others are charming and relatable. I really do enjoy watching this salty old fuck get BTFO forever.
>>
>>384154919
no giving away one million dollars as a tossed bone is absolutely ridiculous. business doesn't work like that, read what you're actually typing out
>>
>>384151850
The only thing that ruined his "economic potential" was his terrible decision to not get royalties on the video games, and just take a lump sum for the rights. His lawyer/agent should be flogged (I assume it's legal in whatever eastern european shithole he lives in)
>>
>>384154919
That nigger has done nothing but shit talk CDPR and the games for years and years, fuck him
>>
>>384151850
>Is he right to be angry?
Yes. And i'm saying this as someone who loved the games and haven't read the books. The witcher has been one of he most popular fantasy series where i live long before the first game was even concieved
>>
File: letho?.jpg (73KB, 359x525px) Image search: [Google]
letho?.jpg
73KB, 359x525px
You faggots do realize that he does recognize the brilliance of the games? He has called the graphics breathtaking and has said that the overwhelming success and positive reception speaks for itself. He's just upset that someone else is taking over his work in the eyes of the western public. He's constantly being bombarded with the same questions by game journalists who have barely even read his work. Some prick even asked him if he was team yen or triss.

At least he learned his lesson, he's allegedly very closely involved with the upcoming Netflix series.
>>
>>384154919
They threw him an entire skeleton but he rejected it.
Tough shit.
>>
>>384152302
Go home razorfist.

Sapkowski was always an asshole. Now he is a bitter asshole, since he realized if he didnt take the lump sum instead of royalties, he would have made more money.
>>
>>384155152
Your eastern commie bloc isnt the entire world. Even when TW2 was getting near perfect reviews almost nobody outside of the internet and your commie blocs knew about the series.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 604x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 604x376px
Die hard Wiedźmin Polfag here.

I met Sapkowski twice in real life and he is bona fide cunt, even before Witcher games were a thing.He is not butthurt about videogames, he is just a horrible person overall.

He told one teenage kid who said he inspired him to write fantasy story "Yeah, whatever" and then shooed him off eith hand gesture.
>>
File: a11.jpg (51KB, 602x616px) Image search: [Google]
a11.jpg
51KB, 602x616px
>tfw you're Andrzej Sapkowski
>>
>>384155434
>western block confirmed for uneducated plebs with shit taste
>>
He's totally right about publishers printing the books with game characters on the cover.

I wouldn't buy them if I thought they were written as tie ins to a video game because those books are always trash.
>>
>>384151850
If it weren't for Michael Moorcock translations his books would never have existed.
>>
>>384155540
He might be a cunt but that doesn't make him wrong about everything
>>
>>384155636
Assassin's Creed books are fucking great
>>
They aren't even particularly good books.
>>
>>384155636
Without the games, you wouldnt have bought them anyway, since while around Poland, the series was pretty popular ... outside Europe, no one knew about it.

If anything the game covers are going to increase sales.
>>
>>384155665
But they did anon
>>
>>384154996
Fuck off, nigger. The games dumbed down and removed a lot of nuance and uncertainty. They turned Geralt into a typical Hollywood Mary Sue/action-hero. In the books he's far more interesting and human.
>>
File: Geralt Gwent.jpg (310KB, 972x454px) Image search: [Google]
Geralt Gwent.jpg
310KB, 972x454px
>>384152112
I'm pretty sure my copy of The Last Wish has TV Geralt on the cover, but it says "The bestselling novel which inspired the cult video game THE WITCHER"

He's right, the covers are beyond tacky and look like shit.
>>
What about the Metro author? I doubt he gives a fuck
>>
>>384155665
What does Elric have in common with Geralt other than being called the white wolf?
>>
The only thing i sympathize with is that they use ugly game CG instead of the real covers. Especially because he said that people mistake it for novels based on the games rather than the real novels themselves. Other than that he is just a crybaby bitch that is mad that his books got popular because of someone more competent than him.
>>
>>384156205
>>384152764
>>
>>384156010
how else do you do a AAA fantasy adventure protag for a very diverse audience? geralt is made like that for a reason and no it obviously worked
>>
fuck the witcher 3! Im at the part with Kiera where you have to fight the golem *(death march), we both are level 6 and im doing 10% damage fuck that. I agree with the author, the games are trash.
>>
>>384156205
He praised the game and said Sappy was being a cunt. But you knew that, didn't you? Otherwise it would be too random
>>
President Donald Trump claims he does not drink due to his older brother dying at age 42 of complications from alcoholism, which legitimately scared him off. That didn't stop him from launching his own brand of vodka, though.
>>
>>384155861
The short stories (Last Wish and Sword of Destiny) are best Polish fantasy novels.

Saga is trash through and through and is not particulary highly regarded.
>>
>>384155540
>He told one teenage kid who said he inspired him to write fantasy story "Yeah, whatever" and then shooed him off eith hand gesture.
What did he expect? Obviously Sapkowski can't make many comments when he hasn't read the kid's story. What if it was awful?
>>
>>384156010
Isn't he dead in the majority of the books?
>>
>>384155540
I've met the guy a few times as well, he's got this irrational hatred towards the west, specifically America. He will constantly blames America or Americans for just about everything wrong in his life. The books don't sell because Americans can't understand it. It's the American fantasy writing establishment who stopped my works from spreading to a wider audience. The Americans are too stupid to read that's why the games are more popular than my books. I don't write my books for Americans I write them for people who can think. That kind of shit constantly.
>>
>>384156010
You suffer from autism if you actually believe this. Geralt has no character in the books. None.

I say this as a pole who read the books before the first game was even in development.
>>
>>384156428
no he dies in last one, first game revives him
>>
>>384156205
He is one of the most bro writers on the planet as his IP is open source, if you write good story and get approved by him you get published and you get money.

He said he loves that his universe inspires other people.
>>
Literally no one knew about witcher before the games
Literally no one knew about lotr before the movies
Literally no one knew about roadside picnic before the game
Literally no one knew about got before the tv show
Literally no one knew about potter before the movies

The three people in the world who actually read books can go cry in a corner
>>
>>384156605
>Literally no one knew about lotr before the movies
>>
>>384156428
No? He gets fucked with a pitchfork I think, but thats in the last one. Well, last before the games started.
>>
>>384156605
ignore this
>>
>>384151850
if it hadn't been for the games nobody would have heard of his books

but still, I think it's a good thign he spoke up. GRRM takes it up the ass from GoT's showrunners 24/7 when they have ruined his storyline
>>
Sapkowski was known as a giant cunt for a really long time.
>>
>>384156428
He dies at the tail end of the very last book. The only portion after that is Ciri warping to Avalon and thinking about how nice it would be to fuck Galahad after she finishes telling him her story.
>>
>>384156716
>if it hadn't been for the games nobody would have heard of his books
What a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>384151850
noone would have heard of the witcher outside of poland if it wasn't for the games. He can moan all he likes but it's true
>>
>>384156660
modern 20-35 year olds would have never have read any of Tolkien if not for the movies.

Tolkiens work had been gone from the public eye for like 25 years before Fellowship came out.
>>
He is pretty fucking delusional if he really thinks anybody would give a single ounce of shit about the Witcher series in Western Europe and America if it wasn't for the games.
That said, I respect the old fellow because I legitimately like his books and the world he created but he got this part very wrong.
>>
Sapkowski is just a glorified smut writer
>>
>>384156935
I wish he never said anything then because this series is mediocre at best.
>>
>>384153090
>his grandpa was probably fighting nazis or being killed by them
>grandson grows up to be a fucking retard because of communism
Totalitarism were a mistake
>>
>>384152114
Always take a percentage. George Lucas did exactly that on Star Wars. Tom Hanks did that for many of his films. They're both rich continuously. You're only rich once with a flat fee.
>>
>>384156959
>I'm illiterate trash: the post
>>
>>384156959
That's the dumbest shit you've said today. How delusional are you?
>>
>>384156578
>no character

Grumpy womanizer who is tired of people thinking he is blight on the planet and dying breed.

There is one HUGE difference netween books and games, in books world is heading towards age of men and monsters are almost extinct aside few rare occasions.

In games they kept "lmao witchers are done!" But there is monster behind every tree for gameplay reasons.
>>
I met Sapkowski in airport and asked him to sign my book, he smiled and I handed him The Last Wish (video game cover art) he give me a disgusted look, handed me the book and walked away.
>>
>>384157108
Nice adhom rebuttal buddy.
>>
>>384151850
He does kinda have a point in that video game ""books"" are hot fucking garbage no one with half a brain cell would be caught dead buying.

In his case, however, he should be glad witcherfags are willing to give his shit a leg up.
>>
>>384157071
Well to be fair to him, I understand why he wanted to take a flat amount. He licensed his work for ... TV I think before and the result was far from stellar.

I think he was sure the game is going to be shit and no one would buy it.
>>
>>384156716
GRRM has no one to blame but himself.
>>
>>384156145
>He's right, the covers are beyond tacky
Because the books themselves take after noir pulp stories and fantasy, literallyt the two most pleb genre fiction since the 30's.
>>
>>384153010
I would NEVER take a lump sum. Royalties are the best way to go, there's so much more potential and sustainable income through that.
>>
Polandfag here.

While Witcher was always huge in Poland, without a doubt success overseas is thanks to the games.

Witcher 3 reached heights I would never dream this franchise would reach.
>>
>>384151850
>continuing the books just to tell the games off
>not doing because he just wants to write more stuff he likes

Goddamn
>>
>>384157209
Ad hominem is when you respond to an argument by calling the other person garbage. When the initial argument IS that you are garbage, calling that out is not an ad hominem, it is a fact.
>>
>>384152114
Pretty sure he became a millionaire with the sales increase of his books.

Unless, of course, he had terrible percentages from his publisher.
>>
>>384155159
would be funny if the series bombed
>>
>>384157460
Nope. Learn to argue your point.
>>
>>384151850
Dude's an idiot. He's seeing some level of success finally, and rather than appreciating it, he's mad that the video game series he signed a licensing agreement for is more popular than the books that inspired it.

He kinda sounds like a typical /vol/ poster
>>
>>384157431
imagine waking up in his body/life.
>>
>>384157559
My point is literally that you are a retard. No additional argument is necessary.
>>
>>384156346
I didn't actually, Metro is just the only series that comes to mind based on books
>>
>>384152112
Books has lot of good parts. World, warfare, politics, monster hunting. But its ruined by mary sue Ciri (one of worst characters ever made) and Geralts sometimes full autistic way of acting.
>>
File: 1480510360825.gif (494KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1480510360825.gif
494KB, 500x385px
>>384156010
Nuance = Caustic attitude and stilted dialogue. Got it. Having some heroic traits doesn't make a character a mary sue, Andrzej.
>>
>>384157108
>>384157146
Adhom
>>
>>384157209
Dude, just because you are an illiterate piece of shit and you haven't read or heard about LOTR before the movies doesn't mean that everybody else is a piece of shit like you. LOTR was very popular even before that, it was among the most widely read books. I read somwhere that it was the second most read book after the bible, but that's probably bullshit, don't know what they based that claim on. Still.
>>
>>384157687
Stop replying to me dummy.
>>
>>384157772
>stop replying to me, I have to read the posts and reading is hard :(
Maybe I'll make a movie calling you a retard so it's easier for you
>>
>>384157759
Yeah up until the 70s. Nobody gave a fuck about LOTR post 80s until the Jackson movies.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 315x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 315x500px
He is kinda a cunt but his last book was great considering it was based on a such simole concept (some niggers stole Geralt's silver sword).

I would definitely like for him to shut up and just write more.
>>
>>384151850
That retarded faggot deserves to die

I don't even want to think about all the money they made him with the english translations (that would never have otherwise happened, obviously)
>>
>>384151850
He is gonna make good money with movies and series thanks to the games so....
>>
>>384154119
He is correct, but unless they stole the property from him or claimed it as their own it's a moot point. He's butthurt because he chose the wrong deal.
>>
>>384157759
You don't sound that literate either, epithetbro.
>>
>>384151850

He's wrong. He took the wrong deal and now he's assmad.
>>
>>384157860
>>
>>384156529
He's right tho. Fuck Amemericans
>>
>>384152653
>>384152564
But he still gets money from books right?
>>
>>384157872
Autismo, the reason Harry Potter and LoTR movies were a success was due to the books popularity.
>>
>>384157979
>REEEEEEEEEEEE reading normies get out
>>
>>384151850
He's an idiot and its a miracle he produced such well-received characters. Who the fuck signs away profit-sharing for a higher up-front fee?

As someone who does freelance creative writing, I would throw money on a credit card before I'd take that deal. How little faith in your work and how little knowledge of business you must need to make such a shitty bargain.
>>
>>384158046
They'd have to sell for that to happen.
>>
>>384156145
The books here have the Wolf School medallion on it and varying colours otherwise.

Says how the series is more known for the games
>>
>>384157984
/pol/ go home
>>
>>384157413

That's because you're not actually a writer. 9/10 times, a lump sum will net you more. It's gambling vs. secure cash inflow.

However, he shouldn't be so butthurt about it. He took the safe route, and now that the lottery has fallen he's not able to cash in. That's how it works.
>>
>>384158080
Maximum kek
>>
>>384151850
Funny how i couldnt find proper english translations for any of the novels after Blood of Elves prior to the witcher 3 release then.
>>
>>384158080
>he actually believes this

Ask anyone who likes the Harry Potter movies if theyve read a single book in the series. Youre delusional bro.
>>
>we're still talking about a story called 'the witcher' like its a serious thing that adults are interested in
>>
He's right that a lot of people stupidly assume the games came first and that probably does cause some people to turn up their noses at the books. On the other hand, the games have made the property so popular that plenty of people who would never have even looked twice at a book with so generic a title as "the sword of destiny" or "the last wish" have picked up those books.

I suspect he's probably benefited from the games more than he's been hindered, but he's very full of himself so the idea that anything would cause the property to be successful other than the quality of his writing is clearly unacceptable to him.
>>
>>384158254
I've read all of them pre film
>>
>>384158173
This is so wrong it hurts. If a company invests a significant amount in your contract, a much larger entity than you with a business development specialist has determined there's opportunity for profit. The company is making a much larger gamble than you are, and if you have faith in your work and aren't taking just any random contract (have standards,) you always take any scaling or ownership you can.

George Lucas, qed.
>>
>>384158084
>>
>>384158254
I have literally never met someone who is a fan of the movies who hasn't also read all the books. I know this because I lost interest in the books/movies and telling them that causes them to sperg out and tell me how many times they've read the books
>>
>>384156716
>>384157278

I really don't understand why he doesn't speak up. The series is getting more and more retarded and plot armor is seeping through everything.
>in the novels Tyrion gets grayscale.
>in the series Jorah gets it

It's clear they don't want to kill off any major characters for financial/popularity reasons.
>>
>>384158254
You chose a poor example. Potter fans are autismal to the nth degree and most of them read the books either pre- or after the movies.
>>
>>384158324
Im talking about general audiences.

>>384158375
Literally the opposite here in NYC. Ive never met someone in their 20s who has read anything beyond the first book.
>>
>>384158307
If you're smart, you try to use negotiations to gain as much access to internal data as possible and try to figure out how much the company anticipates making on the release.
>>
>>384158397
Nigger what ? Connington gets grayscale in the books, it defaulted to Jorah in the series because they cut Aegon and the Golden Company
Tyrion is only on greyscale watch as a preventative measure after they fished him out
>>
>>384156529
reason they dont sell is because 95% of the readers pirated it
>>
>>384158397
Thank the Jesus that they killed Ramsay. I was so sick of the writers jerking themselves off over that character.
>>
>>384158540

You're just an illiterate piece of shit with same-minded friends. Ofcourse it will seem like 'nobody' reads those books.

However, Tolkien and Harry Potter were extremely popular books way before the first movie ever came out.
>>
>all that salt from not taking dem royalties emone
AХAХAХХAХA Кypвa.
Ruski here, learned about Witcher from tv series. Heard about book before and apparently they are kinda big in here cuz muh slavic bros (yah, right).
That said, despite hearing about Witcher books and watching a bit of tv show, I didn't give a fuxk about it before 1st game came out.
I'm still fucking mad that missed Collector's edition of 1st game.
>>
>>384158540
What nightmare ghetto part of NYC do you live in god damn
>>
>>384158596
After the TV adaptation of the Witcher, I can see why he wouldn't be interested in extensive research on people doing adaptations. He just assumed they were all trying to profit off his work without putting in any effort. Clearly a blunder but I'd say an understandable one.
>>
>>384158604

Did I completely misread that part in the books?
Fucking really?
>>
>>384158695
I read almost every day and I guarantee I read more books on a monthly basis than you do. I am not talking about myself in these arguments you simple minded fuck.
>>
>>384158701
Why? Did the collectors edition have a Yen/Triss/Ciri themed fleshlight or something?
>>
>>384157278
I can't get over the fact that he does all his writing an ancient 486 PC without a modem and never learned to touch type and he prints out his manuscripts and sends them to his publisher my mail.

What the fuck.
>>
>>384152363
I have a Polish friend who was reading Sapkowski before long before the first game, the way he described it was that CD Projekt came to him with the idea of The Witcher game, explained that the game will start with a giant praying mantis attacking Kaer Morhen and he immediately assumed the game would do shit so he wanted money up front instead of royalties.
>>
>>384158703
People read astonishingly little, and iirc what's more is that the amount they've read in a lifetime decreases over time with surveying (because they're more honest about the time they'd spent reading when they were young and simply stop reading at all past a certain point.)

But I think that was a study done in Burgerland, so elsewhere may be different.
>>
>>384158254
Plz be pretending.
The midnight releases of the books were fucking insane.
>>
I didn't even know there were books
>>
>>384151850
I have read the entire saga when I was still in high school. Loved it and still believe that this is one of the best fantasy sagas ever but I he is wrong. There was the book, TV series, movie and countless graphics novels and people still didn't know about it's existence. It didn't help that the 'movie' was a 2h short of the series . So imagine somebody attempting to cut chunks of GOT s1 into a 2h movie and charge full price for it... If not the games Sapkowski would never get any recognition outside Poland and that all she wrote.
>>
>>384158971
What is "touch type"?
>>
>>384158891

Sure you are champ. You're so sure you read more on a monthly basis, yet you think nobody ever read HP or LotR?
You're delusional
>>
He is right about the covers using art from the game being shit though.
>>
>>384159031
A ton of young people in NYC are college grads who moved there to work, and college grads these days are sperglords for HP. It's literally the worst example he could use.
>>
>>384159153
Like how a child does it. Looking at the keyboard using two fingers.
>>
>>384159183
Youre calling me illiterate when you cant even read my posts. This is highly amusing.
>>
File: 1483212991210.gif (3MB, 377x372px) Image search: [Google]
1483212991210.gif
3MB, 377x372px
>>384159015
>e, explained that the game will start with a giant praying mantis attacking Kaer Morhen

cd project are genies
>>
>>384159153
It means you type without looking at the keys.
>>
>>384158853
As far as I can remember Tyrion hasn't manifested the symptoms but is told to prick his fingers to check for sensitivity loss and does it at least as long as he's on the boat
Connington knows he has it and hides it by the time the Golden Company lands in Westeros
>>
File: koll.jpg (137KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
koll.jpg
137KB, 800x600px
>>384158947
It had a sweet purse, bitches loves purses.
>>
>>384159274
Wait, thats what he does. Touch typing is not looking, like how a regular human types.
>>
>>384156205
he loves the games so much he ended up making another book because he wrote too much for the second game
>>
>>384156380
Ask him about the story, the world, the characters, the lore and elements, the arc, the gist of it, give him pointers of things to avoid. You know, basic things any writer can inform a fledgling about.
>>
File: 1355739283324.jpg (50KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
1355739283324.jpg
50KB, 600x884px
>>384156605
>>384156959
>nobody knew about the godfather of modern fantasy until a 2001 movie
Fuck you and your retarded bait.
>>
>>384158829
I mean, one contract negotiation is the difference between making it and not. If you truly are a writer, as you say, please keep this in mind. I'm pretty connected on the west coast scene right now, and if I had a dime for every "here's how I didn't make it" story I heard that had legitimate evidence to back it up, I'd be a rich man.

One bad deal is all it takes to turn into a bitter could-have-been. This guy could have been the Rowling of Poland.
>>
>>384156605
>Dumb murican and proud
Preach brotha
>>
>reading fantasy
Ain't feeling it no more.
>>
>>384159768
>If you truly are a writer, as you say
wat. I didn't say that.
>>
Honestly I have one of the first editions and they look like some cheap generic fantasy book.
>>
>>384151850
I don't know if he's right, but it's probably pretty natural to be piqued when a game series based loosely on your shit, is far and fucking away more popular than your original work.

It'd be like if noone read rowlings shit, and everyone thought the harry potter movies were the originals. I guess that sort of thing happens all the time with IPs like fight club and total recall though.

No wonder so many authors start drinking paint thinner.
>>
>>384156529
But everything of those points are true thou. US fantasy scene is full of autistic mouth breathers who read babby tier books if they even read anything else than fucking capeshit tier comic books.
>>
>>384157873
>some niggers stole Geralt's silver sword
Geralt went through the ENTIRE book series with one sword at a time from the beginning to the end when he and Yen die.

This fucking author goes on a fucking tirade over the games when the games are the ones responsible for focusing on the concept of two-sword Witchers. And now he has the goddamn never to write a book around that game-focused premise?

Fuck him.

And no, I'm not going to read that book. He ended the series by cranking through every sub-plot resolution in less than 100 pages. I don't care if I failed to appreciate the nuance of the writing by not reading it in fucking Polish; he's a goddamn shit writer or has a shit editor that doesn't understand the first thing about pacing.
>>
>>384156529
/ourguy/
>>
>>384159153
Playing Typing of the dead with nude mods while touching yourself.
>>
I guess they used game-art on the covers of because reasons.
>>
>>384155159
>Some prick even asked him if he was team yen or triss
Christ that must have been insulting as hell. What a fucking blunder, you'd think these people would bother doing a modicum of research, it's not hard work to read 5 or so fantasy novels before you go to your big interview.
>>
He is getting a decent percentage from the upcoming TV series and his books have sold very well. So it is not as bad as you guys are making out. The guy has still made millions.
>>
>>384157724
Not only did they dumb down Geralt and remove all his personal struggles, so faggots could self-insert but they also drastically changed the world to make him this unbeatable force of nature that the entire world revolves around. In the books, there are plenty of people who are practically superior to Geralt in every way. All male sorcerer are for example: more handsome, better educated and more able in combat. Most peasants either treat witchers like any other profession or with disdain.

In the games, everyone immediately reacts to Geralt's presence and can only react to him between two extremes, overwhelming gratitude or unwavering hatred. Every single world event relies heavily on his involvement and there's not a single person who can rival him in combat or in looks.
>>
>>384160383
What is the research issue here?
>>
>>384158046
Yes, but he's saying his book sales have fallen because potential readers just think it's a vidya novelization and pass it up.
>>
>>384160657
There's no "Team Yen and Team Triss" in the books, there's just Yen and a young woman who's jealous and never has a chance
>>
>>384151850
>It were the games that used my popularity, not I that had used the popularity of the games.
fucking lmao nobody ever heard about you you fucking hack
some hack fraud pulp fantasy writer gets triggered when something good is made out of his novels and he doesn't get any money for it
>>
File: !.png (93KB, 311x395px) Image search: [Google]
!.png
93KB, 311x395px
>>384156605
>Literally no one knew about potter before the movies
Are you a retard?
>>
>>384160635
You must have been reading a different series of books.

Sure Vilgefortz fucking annihilates him, but he is also the wizard prodigy. The average mage in the books isnt that impressive. And sure, mages are more educated than Witchers, that doesnt really make them superior, especially since they tend to all be utter pricks.

Fairly sure you also understate how much people hate Witchers in the books.
>>
>>384158540
>Ive never met someone in their 20s who has read anything beyond the first book
Guess everyone you know is fucking stupid. It was common as fuck to see people reading the books back when I was in school.
>>
File: Finish the boooooook.png (170KB, 1690x660px) Image search: [Google]
Finish the boooooook.png
170KB, 1690x660px
At least Witcher fags are getting content.

We're getting raped by a shitty series and a fat fuck who was supposed to finish the books in 1998.
>>
File: 1498932206222.png (107KB, 221x286px) Image search: [Google]
1498932206222.png
107KB, 221x286px
1. He is a notorious moron
2. The books were mediocre most of the time
3. They weren't properly translated prior to the games release, you had to read garbage fan translations

He is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>384156605
>everyone is as dumb as me
Hahaha, I love this show
>>
>>384161090
>The average mage in the books isnt that impressive.
Pretty much. Even Yen, who is fairly top-tier, gets fucking rekt by the Crinfrid Reavers for trying to killsteal. The last scene of the books is Triss and Yen realizing they can do cool shit but can't fight an entire mob.

Mages are tough until someone actually hits them.
>>
File: 7084a850187195.58c99500560e9.jpg (322KB, 887x1300px) Image search: [Google]
7084a850187195.58c99500560e9.jpg
322KB, 887x1300px
He's a shithead and a plagiarist.

NO ONE GIVES SEVEN SHITS ABOUT THE BOOKS

PEOPLE LIKE THE GAMES

Give Michael Moorcock his dues you fucking hack. There's only one White Wolf and he's the Prince of Ruins.
Elric of Melnibone
>>
>>384161189
But what about Gondor's tax policy?
How does Aragorn shit in the woods?
>>
>>384151850
>It were the games that used my popularity
maybe in poland
beyond that, nobody ever heard of the guy. the witcher games pretty much put his name on the map.
>>
>>384160791
She gets come cock from Geralt few times.
>>
>>384156959
Anon, It's the third best selling book in history. It was well known before the movies.
>>
>>384161504
White hair and a stupid nickname.
So wow.
Many plagiarism.
>>
>>384161690
Hahaha, us ironies, am I right?
>>
>>384161618
Yes, because during a Geralt/Yen breakup she seizes the chance to try a "real relationship" that she's been jealous of. Afterwards, she is never treated as more than a friend. There are multiple other occasions where it's extremely clear that Geralt, despite sleeping with others, is only thinking of Yen.

There's no love triangle except for gamebabbies who never read anything (or read into the amnesia rape situation going on).
>>
>>384161189
He's fat AND old, dude's gonna die soon and all you're gonna be left soon are BRAVO DABID's hack writing
>>
>>384161090
>Sure Vilgefortz fucking annihilates him, but he is also the wizard prodigy.
He didn't even use magic, he only used a quarterstaff and Geralt would've bled out on that walkway with broken bones if Triss hadn't teleported him to the dryads and he's the only sorcerer that Geralt has ever engaged with in combat. I assume most sorcerers could annihilate him unless he took them by surprise.
>>
>>384161446
Also Geralt isnt that powerfull in books if he hasnt been preparing for one fight for 24h hours taking potions, setting traps and other shit. Skillfull knight in plate almost fucks him up totally.

Great scene is where Ciri is watching two Nilfgaardians Knigts duelling over her bounty. Even she says how more terrifying it is from anything she saw from Geralt.
>>
>>384161948
>BRAVO DABID's
who?
>>
>>384161590
The only reason he's actually bitter about this is because he sold the rights to CDproject for like 1000 dollars or something
>>
>>384161957
He used magic to enhance his combat skills i thought, that was his specialty.
>>
>>384161957
>I assume most sorcerers could annihilate him unless he took them by surprise.
Correct. Istredd could have slaughtered Geralt easily.
>>
>>384161901
Still doest that make Yen cuck with Geralt fucking plenty other womens and Yen just taking it.
>>
>>384161957
I havent read it in a long time, but I am almost 100% he at least used some kind of speed buff and/or strength buff.
>>
>>384161990
Perhaps, but he does ruin groups of enemies on numerous occasion (Professor, other bandits, that time he made a knight hit himself with his own sword in a duel). Fighting 1vX like that is no joke.

He's a top-tier fighter without the prep, but characters like Bonhart and others you mention shows it's not a guaranteed win.
>>
>>384162030

He is retarded, fucking retarded, atleast chris chan would have sold the rights of sonichu for even 15000 or something, but 1000?
>>
>>384161504
Go to bed Razorfist.
>>
File: hacks.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hacks.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>384161948
>There are people that literally enjoy DABID'S shit writing.

>>384162020
These retards. I love how they defend their shit show by saying "LOL FAT BOOKFAGS".
>>
>>384158173
He sold away the rights for like $15,000.
>>
>>384162205
9500. What a fool.
>>
>>384162138
Yen fucks other guys too. There's a whole short story about Geralt and some other guy Yen's in trying to reconcile that she loves both of them. They end up both trying to commit suicide by proxy, and both of them fail.
>>
>>384162020
DABID
>>
File: Wiedźmin-Playboy.jpg (452KB, 1636x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Wiedźmin-Playboy.jpg
452KB, 1636x1012px
It's not a shame to fap to wifu if it's in Playboy.
>>384152653
Now he mad because he can bearly cover the costs of DLC for that. Than again $10k is a year wage in Poland
>>384156605
I stop you there the Hobbit was one of the books we had to read in high school and that was in a non English speaking country. It will be years from that point before first LOTR movie comes out.
>>384157429
This. Well Witcher was the D&D Polish way. There was a huge fan base of nerds, geeks and larpers but it wasn't that popular with normies. Nowhere near the hype of With Fire and Sword.
>>384157873
The after game dlc paper edition.
>>384159436
Wiedzmak. Kek
>>
>>384162138
They're not married, so not technically. Still, Yen also cheats on Geralt, for what it's worth. Both of them are emotional retards who can't manage a relationship well so there's a lot of fighting and fucking.

>>384161957
Vilgefortz was a professional mercenary and assassin and is known for being a prepared prodigy, he absolutely went nuclear with magical buffs to melee Geralt. It outright says that Vilgefortz did things in that fight that normal humans could never manage.

Someone like Istredd, on the other hand, has no physical combat experience and would get blown the fuck out in a melee duel.
>>
>>384162201
He prepared for Professor and gang for whole day. Chucking potions, meditating, knowiging who and when enemy is there and just being full on prepared in every way for that fight. Even taking them little by suprise.

Ofc he is excelent sword fighter and duelist but Witcher are not excelent soldiers as you could say.
>>
File: 7X0hVzd[1].jpg (222KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
7X0hVzd[1].jpg
222KB, 1024x1536px
>>384162403
I LOVE TRISSSSSSS
>>
>>384162272

Stills being retarded, but 9500 for such character with no feeling or name its ok, atleast sonichu is not a cuck attractor as gerald and his poland nigger friends.
>>
>>384162138
Mages in his universe basically get plastic surgery via magic and then fuck everything that moves. Yen was no different.
>>
File: 1462357238526.jpg (1MB, 4112x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1462357238526.jpg
1MB, 4112x1336px
>>384162020
>>
>make the wrong choice for monetary compensation
>Eternally asspained because of it

What's sad is that he should have taken the royalties in the first place if he was well off enough.
>>
File: Elric-Coverweb.jpg.size-600.jpg (92KB, 600x798px) Image search: [Google]
Elric-Coverweb.jpg.size-600.jpg
92KB, 600x798px
>>384161504
I'd fucking kill to see Elric done right.

But no one has the balls to do it.
>>
File: img_2.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
img_2.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
>>384161504
Fucking rip off.
>>
>>384162496
>He prepared for Professor and gang for whole day.
Which is the group he ran into randomly, that Djikstra thanked him for killing?
>>
>>384162707
Michelet brothers I think.
>>
>>384162591
That looks like those mirrored game covers
also
>an absolute MUST
an absolute must what?
>>
It's an ego clash thing. He doesn'twant to say he owes the games anything while at the same time he is angry that he signed the game rights away so cheaply.

The books are good, but the games brought them astronomically more attention than they would have reached on their own in many decades, if ever.
>>
>>384162147
It doesn't matter if Geralt drank his potions or some shit. Geralt is more or less an incredibly beefy human. I think Triss belittles the Kaer Morhen Witchers that Signs are just redneck magic that any unskilled retard can use with training.

The two sorcerers that Geralt fights fight him using conventional arms because they very well know that they would face-crush Geralt with a thought. Yen is always in his head, there is zero reason why with a slight push anybody from Thanned couldn't just give him a stroke and call it a day.

Dozens of mages stop an entire goddamn army numbering hundreds of thousands at Sodden while only taking 13 casualties. The sorcerers in the game have been severely dumbed down in power, which is entirely appropriate in order to tell a decent story; Kiera and Phillipa did NOT need Geralt to walk them through those dungeons; only reason why he was there was probably because they didn't want to ruffle their dresses.
>>
>>384162842
That's the one, couldn't remember the name. Definitely better than 99% of humans but also not trained to fight humans and not immortal.

I disagree with that earlier anon that the games make him unstoppable, there are definitely times where he's captured or otherwise barred by superior manpower. Gameplay has to let you win some fights, of course.
>>
>>384152363
It's funny, since the exposure it brought his book series is throwing cash at him but he still thinks he got NOTHING from them.
>>
best end

Witcher 3 is a beloved hit
Sapkowski gets nothing

comfy
>>
>>384162907

A logic post, by some anon whom'st've done research and is not arguing on /v/, no way.
>>
File: Elric - The Ruby Throne v1-008.jpg (2MB, 2270x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Elric - The Ruby Throne v1-008.jpg
2MB, 2270x3056px
>>384162859
An absolute must read.
Storytiming just the intro so i don't derail the thread.
>>
File: 1472186658561.jpg (158KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
1472186658561.jpg
158KB, 625x625px
>>384153769

He still fucked himself by generally being a cunt about it though.

Firstly, he should just be happy his stories are being put on a grand stage, experienced by thousands. Loads of writers would kill for the opportunity to just be published, let alone get the loving treatment CDPR gave to the universe.

Secondly, if he had not have been so stubborn and dickish about the whole thing Im sure CDPR would have been thrilled to work with him more closely during the series development, and would have paid for the opportunity.
>>
>>384151850
I would have never heard of the witcher book series if it wasnt for the games.

He is lucky anyone even knows his name
>>
>>384162994
Sodden was literally the most powerful mages alive taking a stand. Vilgefortz, Terranova, Francesca ... so yeah, they can kick ass when they need to.

Dont turn mages into the Thousand Sons please, they are just not as good as you think, aside from certain few individuals.
>>
File: Elric - The Ruby Throne v1-009.jpg (3MB, 3178x2140px) Image search: [Google]
Elric - The Ruby Throne v1-009.jpg
3MB, 3178x2140px
>>384163230
>>
File: Elric - The Ruby Throne v1-010.jpg (2MB, 2270x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Elric - The Ruby Throne v1-010.jpg
2MB, 2270x3056px
>>384163313
>>
File: Elric - The Ruby Throne v1-011.jpg (2MB, 2270x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Elric - The Ruby Throne v1-011.jpg
2MB, 2270x3056px
>>384163390
And done.
>>
>>384163313

I'm fucking retarded, how do i read this?
>>
>>384162591
>>384161504
How do you feel about Elric getting a mention on TV the other night? This is the most relevant he's ever been in decades.

https://youtu.be/TFPSm8rOf2I?t=116
>>
>>384162994
geralt is faster and stronger in the games, and as the signs are no longer parlor tricks, he now has access to rudimentary, powerful magic.
sodden is a joke from both the book and game takes on mages, the fact that any died at all is a complete joke when they can teleport away at will, or go sabrina style and just kill everyone in a few mile radius in an instant.
>>
>>384162994
>Dozens of mages stop an entire goddamn army numbering hundreds of thousands at Sodden while only taking 13 casualties
Dozens of mages supporting the rest of the northern army, fighting the Nilf army backed by their own mages. You're also forgetting how easily mages are taken down by people just hitting them and disorienting them (see Yen in Bounds of Reason). Keira isn't a pussy but wandering around in the dark is how you bump your head and get eaten alive.

>Geralt is more or less an incredibly beefy human.
With literally superhuman strength and reflexes and a natural resilience to toxins and mental effects. There are numerous mage battles shown, and none of them involve mages instantly killing people with strokes. Keira gets literally thrown out a window because she's a tiny woman at the end of the day.
>>
>>384162109
>>384162147
>>384162426
Yen was able to control Geralt's body the first time they met without much effort and it's stated that Triss was able to seduce Geralt with magic. Even if we disregard the interactions with Vilgefortz, it's clear that, despite his mutations, Geralt is still very vulnerable to magic.
>>
>>384163523
>This is the most relevant he's ever been in decades.
Elric has always been relevant since he's one of the pillars of Warhammer and DnD and dark fantasy. Interesting on where he got more exposure though.
>>
>>384163695
Its funny how the
>Plagiarism hurrrr
cries actually make me not want to read it.

I mean, if its plagiarized, Ive already sort of read it, since I read all the witcher books before the games came.
>>
>>384151850

no, hes wrong. and hes a mad little pussy.
>>
>>384163240
Fuck off. Loads of writers are also worthless morons who should just quit.
Secondly, CDPR dumbed his stories down for the retarded mongoloid masses and colluded to have his books get a shitty fucking cover so that he loses money because they are that petty.
Old polish man should sue them, or yell at them more.
You are stupid and probably a liberal as well.
>>
>>384163578
You are forgetting that magic users have to slowly charge their energy in the witcher universe. When it eventually runs out, they're screwed.
>>
>>384158641

Because the translations took forever to make their way over here.
>>
>>384163863
>I mean, if its plagiarized, Ive already sort of read it, since I read all the witcher books before the games came.
The character is plagiarized, there's no question about that. The stories are different though for the most part(Conjuction event can eat my ass).
You deserve better fantasy that what Sapkowski has made.
>>
Sapkowski's arrogance bit him in the arse but I will defend the quality of his books.

Yes is it medieval fantasy tripe but it is definitely well above average for that market.
>>
>>384163624
>Triss was able to seduce Geralt with magic.
With the help of some magic. Doesn't say mind control.

Yen is true, but Yen is also on the council, one of the top mages in the Northern Realms (and she still gets rekt and captured more than once). Random Ofieri mage in HoS doesn't necessarily measure up.

Geralt is clearly vulnerable, but it's not as one-sided as something with a World of Darkness mage. They're still fragile humans - Vilgefortz being the exception because he was an elite mercenary before becoming a mage.

>>384163578
>the fact that any died at all is a complete joke when they can teleport away at will,
That's discussed in the books, Triss thinks about how she could have fled but held the line because of what was at stake. Remember, their battle was mostly against the Nilf mages who were just as powerful as well.
>>
>>384163624
Didnt they meet when Yen was about to burn a city down with the djinn or whatever she summoned? I should really re-read the books, its been a long time.

And I am fairly sure Triss was able to seduce him with her T&A, just like about every other sorceress he banged.
>>
>>384164006
yes, so why would mages, known to be entirely selfish and the definition of neutral evil, ever willingly give their lives for some peasants, when they could just open a portal and say, "hey guys, all out of juice, sorry!" instead, at sodden, they go "whoops all out, time to slowly get hacked to pieces by peasants with sticks, but it's for a good cause right?"
>>
>>384163863
You read the Witcher before Elric?

What low standards have you set for yourself?
>>
>>384164206
She mind-controlled geralt before the djinn fight and had him humiliate the townspeople that were talking shit about her.
>>
>>384151850
Literally never heard of him until the games came out.

Its fucking amazing that in 2017 there are still people that are this scared/hateful of videogames.

If I wrote a novel there is nothing more that I would love than to see it as a videogame.
>>
>>384164220
A) They weren't there randomly but as an organized unit under the command of Vilgefortz. They could have fled. They didn't, and that's why they're heroes.

B) They didn't get slowly hacked at by peasants, they got glassed by the Nilf mages who can fight just as hard and absolutely can't retreat. Remember: Yen blinded by Fringilla, Triss turned well-done.
>>
>>384164138
The Witcher is a literary masterpiece compared to Neckbeard's shit.
>>
>>384156605

Found the non-Brit
>>
>>384163624
>Yen was able to control Geralt's body the first time they met without much effort

She worked on her trap for hours, it wasn't a simple spell.
>>
>>384164507
so why'd the ending of sodden get retconed
>>
>>384164472
The difference is that you can barely write on 4chan, while the old man is an accomplished author.
>>
>>384151850
A question on the license.
Does CDProjekt own the game rights outright or will they have to renegotiate at some point?

If the latter I believe the price will be prohibitive.
>>
People here are totally overestimating power of mages. Even in books its shown that they are walking on thin rope. If one of monarch decides to do witch hunt they are done for in that area and have to escape. Nilfgaards treatment of mages shows that even if they are powerfull they are easily dealt by normal humans if needed.
>>
>>384164727
>The difference is that you can barely write on 4chan
>while the old man is an accomplished author.

[Okay]
>>
>>384164770
the former.
>>
>>384163884

Go to bed, Sapkowski
>>
>>384163310
I'm not purposely overblowing the sorcerers. I understand the vast majority of them are simple hedge-mages and alchemists.

However, every sorcerer Geralt deals with are the biggest-dick motherfuckers in the world; exclusive nominees to the lodge; invitees to the council at Thanned. Every person who showed up at Sodden were the absolute best of the best; they were not some random herbalist druid shitters who mends wounds and probably can't even teleport; they were to a person advisors to kings and rulers; diplomat movie stars; equals in power to individuals like Caranthir.

>>384164220
The sorcerers got wrecked by Nilfgaardian slave-mages who have as much drive to fight as North Koreans.

The reason why the sorcerers had to make a stand was because their entirely livelihood (posh living advising kings) depended on the Northern Kingdoms surviving. If the Northern Kingdoms fell to Nilfgaard they would lose their social standing (which they lost anyways at the end, thanks Vilgefortz) and there is no fucking way they wanted to lose that.

Did you see all the scrolls and seals attached to Fringilla Vigo in Witcher 3? That's what fucking property looks like in Nilfgaard.
>>
>>384164727

What if he is a famous author shitposting on /v/?, What if Andrzej is on this thread too?
>>
>>384164770
>"I was stupid enough to sell them rights to the whole bunch," he continued. "They offered me a percentage of their profits. I said, 'No, there will be no profit at all – give me all my money right now! The whole amount.' It was stupid. I was stupid enough to leave everything in their hands because I didn't believe in their success. But who could foresee their success? I couldn't."
>>
>>384164954
Everyone needs connections, even mages. The only reason why mages aren't controlling the entire world is because it's very hard to maintain a dynasty if you're infertile.
>>
You guys don't understand something.
Andrzej has a legitimate passion for the universe he made, as well as everything in it. So when a game is made based on the books that resurrects multiple dead characters and becomes publicized fanfiction, of course he'd be fucking angry. CDPR aren't bad people, but they took his established characters and story and changed it with the only consent from him being 'You can make it'. That's why he doesn't help them.
Also, putting the game characters on the cover does lose sales. What if the Metro books got character models on the cover rather than what they have right now. Not only would it look like shit but people would be like, 'Oh, I saw that at Gamestop, it's probably a trash game novel', as most game novels are fanfiction (see the RE novels).
Also, to all you guys saying his writing is shit and nobody likes his books, just remember that Obama got one of the Witcher books as a gift from Poland. His series is their LotR
>>
>>384165082
Good job earning enough to eat at mcdonalds.
You can't even compare to the genius Sapkowski, moron.
>>
>>384165353
>The only reason why mages aren't controlling the entire world is because it's very hard to maintain a dynasty if you're infertile.
Exactly, and that was the whole reason why they wanted Ciri.
>>
Sapkowski thought the written word was hot shit, and that video games were a meme.

There's part of me that doesn't blame him for that attitude, but the pragmatic reality of the entire ordeal is that he fucked up big time.
>>
>>384165206
Well he did name one of his characters after his favorite child "art" sites.
He would fit right in.
>>
>>384151850
If that quote is real that the fag is actually more delusional than I thought.
Most major european countries didn't have all the books translated by the time the games got popular.
Especially not english speaking countries aka the main fantasy market on planet earth.

I imagine that sorry fuck stumbling through the streets after he's seeing TW3 commercials, seeing TW3 advertisements on busses and covering sides of buildings still thinking that the games did nothing.
Dream on.
>>
File: michael-moorcock.jpg (27KB, 350x289px) Image search: [Google]
michael-moorcock.jpg
27KB, 350x289px
>>384165440
Shut up Poland.
>>
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/the-witcher-games-andrzej-sapkowski-profits
>He's an arrogant motherf****r” - Metro 2033 writer
>>
>>384160075
becouse they are cheap fantasy books
>>
>>384165432
Obama actually got W2 if I'm not wrong.
>>
>>384156959
>the book that literally all high fantasy is nearly 100% copied from was not well known before it became a big-budget hollywood movie series
>>
>>384165440
>You can't even compare to the genius Sapkowski
What time is it on poland? dont you have better things to do like shit on the games again, Sapkowski?
>>
>>384165513
>>384165353
Still does not explain that even in thanedd they had to escape from normal human soldiers storming keep when rebellion started.

Or how Nilfgaard can keep its mages as serfs. Also fact that any monarch can easily instate witch hunt of them if he gets bored with their backstabbing faggotry.
>>
>>384151850
>I don't know who spread those, probably the CD-Projekt people themselves
The butthurt is beautiful to witness.
>>
>>384165432
If he was so passionet about it then he probably should have been more involved with how his work was being handled
>>
>>384165820
Shit, you're right. I just remembered it was Witcher something Obama got, and I assumed it was the book
I guess Poland doesn't like Obama as they gave him a mostly shit game
>>
>>384165353
Some Roman emperors were adopted, werent they? I am sure mages could do the same with their best apprentices. Its not about them not able to set up a succession, its about them being glorified grey eminences for the most part. Well, at least in the north. Nilfgaard keeps them as useful pets.

>>384165934
Thanedd was a special case when the anti-magic shit was suddenly dispelled and one side got the total element of surprise. Also there the humies had their own mages on their side.
>>
>>384151850

I wonder if he even has an agent. Surely anyone with any kind of business sense would have steered him towards a percentage deal instead of the small flat fee.
>>
File: Six month Report.png (55KB, 1729x802px) Image search: [Google]
Six month Report.png
55KB, 1729x802px
>>384165440
[Okay]
>>
>>384166238
>the anti-magic shit was suddenly dispelled
Even then, it was scoia'tael vs Redanian soldiers battling - the expectation from both sides was that real manpower would be needed on top of magic.
>>
>>384166414

Post book titles

>inb4 children books
>>
>>384166414
What am i looking at here?
>>
>>384166068
He probably didn't remember the game till it actually came out, and by then it was too late. The first game's story is fanfiction-tier and the gameplay was awful, but FantasyRPG fags ate it up
>>
>>384154919
They gave him the option, he rejected. Done.
If he really wanted CDPR's good grace, he should try stopping the shitpost against them. Could've contacted them saying like he'd be a writer consultant or some shit.
Nah, fuck him. If he was sympathetic, like the Metro dude, I'd understand but no. He's just a senile cunt.
>>
>>384166414
What's your book anon
>>
>>384152078
He probably made a terrible copyright deal.
>>
>>384151850
He's just a salty "idiot".
>>
>>384166414
what genre is this
>>
>>384166414
Fucking nothing compared to the brilliant Sapkowski's earnings. Literally chump change.
Why don't you post a title so that we could at least compare your literary merits.
>>
>>384155159
That's the only thing I sympathize with. If all your questions were what some other dudes did with your IP, I'd be upset, but I'd be upset towards the journalists, not the guys that did their job right.
>>
>>384166805
Holy fucking shit, fuck off already Sapkwoski.
>>
>>384158641
This is an interesting perspective from Neil Gaiman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI
>>
>>384166653
>>384166543
>>384166773
Its a strangereal story about a pansexual satyr traveling her brave journey against prejudice while guiding her wife's son to glory and success. Based on true events.
I'm not posting a title here because its a little too advanced for this audience, I prefer a more sophisticated group of people reading my works.
>>
>>384166543
https://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Dragon-Joseph-Anderson-ebook/dp/B008QZAACO/
>>
>>384158397
He writes the smuttiest GoT episodes though.
>>
>>384167264
>Publication Date: July 29, 2012

Trying too hard. I already said what its about.
>>
File: 1497526715445.gif (136KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497526715445.gif
136KB, 480x480px
>>384160075
>7 covers follow the same pattern
>8th doesn't
>>
>>384166805
I seriously doubt that burned out alcoholic makes over a hundred grand on his garbage in half a year.
>>
>>384156605
>Literally no one knew about roadside picnic before the game
I feel like the "Stalker" movie would have garnered more attention for the book. If it ever stated in any of the games that it's based off of a book?
>>
>>384167142
I'll pay you 3.50
>>
>>384167142

Don't worry, we will find it, and then we will pirate it.
>>
>>384167142
>not even willing to give a single detail about the books
a highly curious case
>>
>The games ruined a lots of economic potential for me.

Ha he's fucking delusional.
>>
>>384167617
My royalites are $2 for the ebook and $1 for the paperback. Take a look at the chart >>384166414 and tell me if I give a fuck if a couple people pirate it.
>>
>>384167849
>>not even willing to give a single detail about the books
Anon...

I wasn't joking when I said what it was about.
>>
>>384167849
I think it's likely he doesn't want a bunch of 4chan tolls review bombing his amazon page.
>>
>>384167264
Is it self-publish? I'm honestly surprised there actually is money in that.
I might have to reconsider finding a publisher to go self-publishing.
>>
>>384167907
How many sales would you need to reach those numbers?
>>
>>384168085

Thread is about to die anyway, the only troll left is Andy himself
>>
>>384151850
He's just mega salty that the games are more popular than his books
>>
>>384167576
You're right to doubt as he earns a lot more than that, my friend.
How could some liberal propaganda ever compare to Sapkowski's amazing works.
>>
>>384168085

Well, he was already retarded enough to post some clues so
>>
>>384168085
Does 4chan still do that? Maybe 2004 chan would, now I doubt it.
Although I wouldn't do it either.
>>
>>384168124
Self-publishing isn't the solution anon. Top sellers are in the hundreds, and works are in the hundreds of thousands.
I published like seven months ago, and I have a total of two sales and one of those sales was my brother.
If you can find a publisher willing to take your work it definitely pays off because they will shill your work and stuff, its really hard to stand out on amazon.
>>
>>384168335
>Needs to predent to be illiterate to think of a comeback.

You poor thing.
>>
>>384168085

This isn't /b/, the only way that would happen is if the books in question were hyper SJW.
>>
>>384167907
We will pirate it thousands of times each thus making you lose millions. You've messed with the wrong website, buddy.
>>
>>384168253
For every guy posting there are at least 10 just lurking.
>>
>>384168432
True. That's why I've been avoiding it, mostly thinking of it as a last desperate move if push comes to shove. I'd have to shill the damn thing everywhere or just get hope to get lucky.
>>
>didn't sign for royalties
Too bad bitch.
>>
>>384168643
>the same person pirates it thousands of times
>you lose money for each copy the same person pirates
>>
>>384168432

You just need some notoriety.

Go start a youtube channel about video games, and plug your books on the side.
>>
>>384168643
>We will pirate it thousands of times each thus making you lose millions.
I don't think you understand how money works.
>>
>>384168761
>>384168772
It's a joke.
>>
>>384168643
>We will pirate it thousands of times each thus making you lose millions
Implying he lost any amount of money that he never would've gotten.

Take your fucking music-industry mentality and go to fucking hell.
>>
>>384168432
This post basically confirms that this thread is full of loser "writers" and one who had a tiny amount of success desperately gloating about it in a feeble attempt to quell their jealousy at Sapkowski.
Crab mentality.
>>
>>384168432
I think you are supposed to do a little of shilling yourself if you self-publish.

With that said, I believe nowadays you need to be at least a little bit of a somebody for that to work. Too much rando trash floating around.
>>
>>384168894
I'd pretty happy and proud if i made 100k of a creative work.
>>
>>384168894
Are you drinking, Sapkowski? Go troll CDPR's forums.
>>
>>384169089
Of course you would because you have nothing. There is nothing wrong with that.
What is wrong is people being jealous at their betters.
>>
Real talk, the book aren't very well written.

It's basically dime-store fantasy. Sword of Truth level stuff.
>>
>>384156529
How can someone who writes trashy genre fiction be so pretentious?
>>
File: KDP.png (65KB, 2988x492px) Image search: [Google]
KDP.png
65KB, 2988x492px
>>384168770
Nah. I don't want to shill. I made one tweet about it once when I just published, and even felt that was too much. If people find it and like it that's enough, its something I wrote just to prove to myself I could, money was never the objective.

>>384168894
But you wouldn't know if you never gave them a chance, aren't you basically you just admitting you're only reading things people tell you to?

>>384168992
Definitely, and to be fair if you put up your stuff on KDP they will give you reading material on how to advertise your work and push it to succeed so its not like you have to go from scratch without knowing anything. Its just not something I'm too concerned with.

>>384169089
There are also amazon rewards for best selling works apparently I just found out a couple days ago (Image related)
>>
Hard to feel sorry for a guy who usually calls his fans "idiots" and "retards".
Leave him to his own bitterness.
>>
>>384169396
It's not even GOOD trashy genre fiction. His prose is mediocre and he has huge pacing problems. He's literally below Sanderson tier.
>>
>>384169517
so what are some good fantasy authors according to you
>>
>>384169937
Eric Clapton.
>>
>>384169937

Chris chan.
>>
>>384169517
Sanderson... is that the guy with the chicken?
>>
>>384169937
Alex Jones
>>
>>384151850
He sounds jelly as fuck.
>>
>>384170125
He's the mormon guy that writes long winded, mediocre anime with cardboard characters and autistic magic systems.

He's very popular.
>>
>>384163496
Left to right.
>>
>>384169456
>But you wouldn't know if you never gave them a chance, aren't you basically you just admitting you're only reading things people tell you to?
Mr. Sapkowski proved himself so I gave him a chance and was not disappointed. The rest of you will just have to do the same. Strangers deserve no handouts.
>>
>>384170619
>Mr.
Stopped reading.
>>
>>384170619
Your bait is weak, mate. Someone had to give that guy a chance to be published. Someone had to give the chance by buying and reading his story.
>>
>>384153407
The ironic thing is, he could have done both. It's not as if they are going to reject him from having a percentage of future sales and a super small fee.
>>
>>384170909
>The ironic thing is, he could have done both.
Fucking this. He was retarded, the end. You could get like couple grand insurance in case it doesn't work out and ask a certain percentage ,for fuck's sake the witcher games sold so much he could have asked for single digit percentages and still be rolling in cash.
>>
>>384170882
That someone isn't me. If a work becomes respected enough I will look into it. I won't go around looking up every nobody though.
I understand there are people whose job it is to do that and there are people who like reading new authors, but they are not me.
I do not care about gloating in knowing an author before he became popular.
>>
>>384171282
Pretty much. I get that for him games are just shitty toys but the outright refusal to see that games are a several billion dollar industry is ridiculous. It's like saying that Hasbro wants to make a Geralt toy and he just asks for 5000 upfront because they're toys.
>>
>>384171616
I wonder if he gets a cut from those pop figures or whatever they're called.
>>
>>384171462
I care about quality. If someone says this book is good, I'll look into it. I wasn't implying that you should go out of your way to find unknown people but only relying on who's popular at the time won't give the best results.
>>
>>384171821
Possibly not. He likely didn't care for whatever contract CDPR gave him so everything that uses their work is theirs alone. So their interpretation of Geralt, his outfit, etc, likely belongs to CDPR exclusively.
>>
>>384151850
I would like some more witcher novels.
I don't care about Sapkowski's problems.
>>
>>384171616
On the flipside, they probably met him to pitch the idea in 2002, video gaming wasn't nearly as established as today. He still fucked up ofcourse. you always ask for a gross percentage in addition to whatever.
>>
>>384171462
So basically you just admitted that what I told you was the case you're only reading things people tell you to?
>>
>>384172143
Games were already a strong industry, just not as big as today. If a new medium showed up today and developers for it asked to use one of my IP's, even if I thought it was the most stupid thing on earth, it'd be reckless to say its never going anywhere.
>>
You guys should read my book, i promise not to cry about the success of the videogame if it takes off and I sell game rights.
>>
>>384171616
games are a several billion dollar industry

They weren't in 2002-2003.
>>
>>384172248
What is the alternative to you, other than looking up every nobody?
Please, give one if you have something better.
>>
>>384172572
That is a terrible cover.
>>
>>384172589
post it
>>
File: What.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
What.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>384172686
>So what if I can't think for myself, if you have a better way than being told what to do why don't you tell me to do it.
>>
>>384172589
It'd help if you were serious by posting it.
>>384172641
Not several billions but they had been steadily increasing by that time.
>>
File: 1482472768345.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
1482472768345.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>384153090
>people think my books are game novelizations
well he's not wrong
for the longest time my normie friends thought that the Witcher games were just games that received game novels and merch
>>
>>384172686
You find something interesting, you look up more info. I've bought books just because they were used as a pic on here. A good cover can easily make me buy it.
>>
>>384172856
User scores, recommendations and reviews are all done by other people. Or did you not realise that?
Do you just blindly click on whatever suits your fancy?
I frankly do not have time for that and only have time for a few works a year.
You and that author (assuming you are not the same person) are very nasty people for making this implication of me not being able to think for myself.
>>
>>384173389
>Please tell me what to think and do so I can act like I thought things on my own.

Okay.
>>
>>384151850
I don't give a fuck what he writes or what the novel stories are. The games have their own continuity and that's the story that matters to me.
>>
>>384151850
>He actually said that

God, what a faggot.
>>
File: Cover .jpg (237KB, 2131x1238px) Image search: [Google]
Cover .jpg
237KB, 2131x1238px
>>384172794
>>384172893
Its called Rise of the Golden King.
But I doubt you'll actually check it out.
>>
>>384157176
>>384156529
>>384155540
I saw Andrzej Sapkowski at a grocery store in Łódź yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos and autographs or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Żubrówka bottles in his bag without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bottles and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bottle and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I just don't have any more sympathy for someone who could do all this in public, it was really poor form and it holds true to the way he's been acting with CDpr.
>>
File: Capture.png (205KB, 313x499px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
205KB, 313x499px
>>384151850
this is the new polish cover for Blood of Elves
>>
File: Krew_elfow_2.jpg (23KB, 259x410px) Image search: [Google]
Krew_elfow_2.jpg
23KB, 259x410px
>>384174196
and this is the old polish cover for Blood of elves
>>
>>384173714
>Rise of the Golden King.
Not a lot of info on the amazon page. I'd advice giving a bit more info on the plot.
I like the illustration but the cover could be better. If I was more into fantasy, or used amazon, I'd check it out.
>>
>>384174358
>>384174196
I really dislike book covers that just use the movie/game's image. Prefer the older one on that alone.
>>
>>384173714
I bought a copy, will give it a read later.
>>
>>384154464
>He has a shit attitude, blames others for his own mistakes, and is way too focused on money he doesn't deserve.

Not everyone is so self centered, petty or devoid of principles as him, and apparently you. Get fucked.
>>
>>384174537
Yeah I felt like I really skimped out on the info, but honestly when it comes to writing the info on the plot or Author I just lock up, I feel like if I try to write it I'll end up overselling it or revealing too much. But I'll definitely try to write down a better description.

I drew and designed the illustration myself so editing it wouldn't be too much problem, which one did you prefer, the ebook or the paperback cover? They're slightly different.

>>384174832
Thanks anon, please leave a review once you're done reading, I am writing the second part now so I'll definitely take any critiques into account.
>>
>>384173714
>Nedim Alić was born 1986 in Bosanski Novi, Bosnia. After spending most of his early life as a refuge in extreme poverty, his family immigrated to America in early 2000
You have to go back
I'll still buy it later and I hope you'll finish the next 3 faggot
>>
>>384154919
Apparently CDPR is a charity that is required to give money to people who have no right to it simply because they're fucking idiots.
>>
>>384175037
>I'll still buy it later and I hope you'll finish the next 3 faggot

see >>384175025 I'm writing the second part now.
>>
>>384173149
wasn't the game originally blatantly plagiarized
>>
>>384175025
The author info is alright. It's honest. Think of the info on the plot as making people want to read it. If there's any significant twists, allure to it but don't specify. Read some backcovers for books you like to see how they do it.
Also the digitial cover is better. The illustration is strong. The paperback version has the title too high, a lot of empty space before your name and the illustration is cramped on the bottom. My issue with the digital version is that your name seems like it was squished together and the title's font is a bit generic plus covered by the black lines doesn't help. Again, look up some covers you like that use a single image as cover, see how they've managed to make it appealing.
>>
>>384175708
>My issue with the digital version is that your name seems like it was squished together and the title's font is a bit generic plus covered by the black lines doesn't help.
I can see that, yeah. I felt the same way myself but dismissed it like my eyes playing tricks on me since the font came like that. I'll take a look at more covers and see some recommended font tutorials to try and make something better.
>>
>>384157041
If he blames everything bad on America he probably was a communist. He doesn't exactly sound like Lech Walesa.
>>
>>384175037
>being a filthy """"Bošnjak""""
>>
>>384176134
Glad I could help. Also take into account that consistency goes a long way. If you want to use different covers for digital and paperback, they should have the same elements.
Title having the same font, your name's font the same, the design should look like its from the same person.
>>
>>384175025
>I felt like I really skimped out on the info
well you should tl;dr what the first chapter is about
that's how it usually works
>>
>>384176717
Okay yeah, that makes sense I could work it out that way.
>>
>>384176134
also for the next book you should make 2 covers, one more beautiful than the other so that people would buy the paperback version or both
>>
>>384151850
Dumb senile fuck.
>>
>>384158254
I definitely having to line up like 3 hours early for the first movie and even then being behind hundreds of other people, and this wasn't even the first showing in the city, nor was it the most populated theater. The movies were popular because of the books, same with LoTR, Twilight and a number of other franchises.
>>
>>384166414
Whats up Chuck Tingle?
>>
>>384173714
refuge to refugee
>>
>>384176878
That's a very marketing thing to say.
>>
>>384177205
is that a bad thing?
>>
>>384177170
Changed right away. Jesus I'm embarrassed about not catching that.

>>384177357
No, I just never would have thought of it.
>>
>>384176878
I think you mean two great but different covers. Otherwise why buy the uglier version? Also I love seeing book covers and might even buy books solely because of it but their online equivalent does nothing for me.
>>
File: 1493061671087.jpg (228KB, 1000x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1493061671087.jpg
228KB, 1000x1484px
>>384151850
Spanish Witcher covers are the best.
>>
>>384157510
would be hilarious if he took a flat sum from them as well but he can't possibly be that dumb
>>
>>384178078
all good until the trashy tribal tattoo
>>
>>384178078

Looks like a smutt novel.

>>384174358
>>384174196

Also not amazing, but not as bad as Ive seen.

Why can't fantasy books have tasteful/understated covers?
>>
File: 1486526763006.jpg (256KB, 1000x1484px) Image search: [Google]
1486526763006.jpg
256KB, 1000x1484px
>>384178078
>>
>>384178645
Is that Jon Tron?
>>
File: 1477303986534.png (1MB, 1003x729px) Image search: [Google]
1477303986534.png
1MB, 1003x729px
>>384178078
Test your knowledge, who is who in the covers, most are ez.
>>
File: best ones.jpg (146KB, 792x642px) Image search: [Google]
best ones.jpg
146KB, 792x642px
>>384178078
Eh
>>
>>384178494
>Why can't fantasy books have tasteful/understated covers?
>>
>>384164090
>plagiarized just because they use the term white wolf
Just FYI that's not a new nickname.
>>
>>384178868
Geralt, yen, dandelion, ciri, milva, regis, cahir, cantarella i don't know.
>>
>>384152564
This is so stupid. Why would you do this even if you did think it was going to sell like shit?
>>
>>384178868
>>384179305
last one is coral?
>>
>>384179305
To add, i haven't read lady of the lake yet.
>>
>>384179554
Security, if a no-name company comes up to you and wants to make a game using your IP, chances are it will be shit. So you get paid up front so that no matter what, you get paid.

Sometimes that gamble pays off poorly.
>>
>>384179554
Because he made a TV series once and it flopped
>>
>>384151850
Source?
I hope it's not your ass
>>
>>384179975
He could've asked for both. Even a small percentage would've been a little extra, and now would be thousands upon thousands.
>>
>>384157041
Well, KK is technically Latvian.
>>
>>384178868
They look pretty damn cool
>>
>>384177454
so I'm 6 pages in and I've noticed that you're kinda rushing things to start. I'd suggest you slow down the pacing and let some calm moments happen for at least 20 pages before happenings begin. Those 20 pages could be used to describe the main and secondary characters, what they do, how they live, what they think about the world and people etc. and I see you tried to do that but imo it feels a little rushed
>here's the mc and his wife
>oh wait here are the monsters too
>>
>>384152078
Because Poles are the most butthurt people on earth.
>>
>>384180931
I dig. I didn't want to make the story too long so I ended up truncating it way too much, makes sense.
>>
>>384180701
>>384157041
>latvia and estonia have monuments commemorating the wehrmacht effort against the soviets
public education was a mistake
>>
>>384151850
No, he's a mediocre author which such amazing scene and character positioning that a woman who's literally shitting herself to death thinks now is the time to seduce Geralt. The books had a cult following before the games, but the games made Geralt and the gang popular.
>>
>>384151850
I learned about the books after playing the first witcher when I was a teenager so he's wrong in my case. I love the books but I wouldn't have originally read them if it weren't for me playing the first game. He's kind of a dick, his books are good but he's butthurt that the game is more popular. He should chill out and enjoy his money.
>>
>>384182328
>mediocre author

I think he's pretty good compared to a lot of modern authors. Just bitter as hell.
>>
>>384153769
>without any compensation made back to you
10k bucks mean nothing to you?
>>
File: 1498674071817.jpg (27KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498674071817.jpg
27KB, 800x600px
>>384151850
>>384151850
>baiting with le old geezer meme
Yeah he's a self absorbed commie fuck but the books are alright and the games are even better but he doesn't believe in vidya as a medium so he just refuses to acknowledge that the vidya are more successful than his books.
>>
>>384156605

wrong, I remember seeing sirmallion copies in my local bookstore when I was a kid (1995)
>>
>>384151850
What a faggot. A world he created is now celebrated world wide but its not good enough for him because the video game is more popular than the novels he wrote. What an egotistical fuckwad. Just take your success and get the fuck out of my face.
Thread posts: 478
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.