[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there more first person shooters that take place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0779.jpg (36KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0779.jpg
36KB, 275x183px
Why aren't there more first person shooters that take place in Asian countries? I know guns are nowhere near as common over there, but still, there's most definitely a workaround given the right setting.

There are countless realistic first person shooters that take place in post-Soviet settings, or general Russian settings, and I'm getting pretty bored of it. I want to see a realistic first person shooter take place in China, or Japan, and have it be cops-and-crooks oriented. It could be as simple as eliminating the crooks in the area before they get to a certain part of the map, with blocks and ambushes set up by police.

Imagine gameplay similar to Red Orchestra, with the realistic sprinting and peeking around corners and all that, but in an Asian slum or night market with alleyways and lights like pic related. It would be fucking awesome and you guys know it. Hearing the Japanese screams and echoes throughout the market/alleys, sends shivers down my back thinking of how awesome it could be.

Ever see Jackie Chan's Police Story? They all have shitty handguns, like .38 revolvers, and that would be the jist of it: cops vs crooks with the crooks having an objective, only that they're limited to certain firearms and melee due to China's/Japan's strict gun enforcement. I know I'm no more than an idea guy, but what do you guys think?

We need a serious change in settings for videogames and I think the next best stop are Asian countries.
>>
COPS:
>standard kevlar allowing you to take a shot or two more
>able to call for backup and have a ping-like system for where that backup is needed
>can set up blocks in the road and out of the road
>moderate martial arts/melee skills
>the closer to the end the crooks get the more serious the cop reinforcements/equipment gets

CROOKS:
>no armor but badass clothes like suits polos sunglasses and tattoos
>not able to call for backup directly but able to let out a battle cry (some badass sentence in Japanese or Chinese) that echoes & alerts other crooks where help is needed
>strength is slightly multiplied by the number of people you keep together in a group
>crooks are specially trained in martial arts and have a direct advantage in melee combat
>not as many guns as the police but melee makes up for it

I feel like I've struck gold
>>
SETTINGS:
>Asian slum, if crooks escape it turns into a countryside chase/fight with rice fields
>Night market, very close quarters. Easy to lose crooks, but also easy for the cops to secure the area
>Nightclub, very loud music and vibrant lights with destructible environments (breakable glass, flippable tables) Crooks must escape firefight into city
>Surrounded, crooks are in an office building for a meeting while the cops make their way up from the ground floor. More cops waiting outside, possible to steal police cruiser and get away

I'm sure I could come up with more
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.