[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've tried to play this multiple times but I always stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
I've tried to play this multiple times but I always stop shortly after act 2. Everything about it is just so bland. There's the framework for a good game, but nothing to draw me in.

I really want to play a recent CRPG though, are there any others I should try?
>>
>>384149298
and haven't you heard? these scum-bags raised all the prices prior to steam sale.
>>
>>384149474
12 on Humble right now.
>>
FUCK RPG CODEX!
>>
>>384149298
It's not a very good crpg, I would avoid it. Have you played Dragonfall yet? Do you require elves, magic and shit?
>>
>>384149543
Mothly, yeah.
But I've heard the DLC is required to bump the game from "ok" to "great".
>>
stop watching television and using image boards will cure your add
>>
Shadowrun.
>>
>>384149298
Game is excellent and you likely have shit taste. Sucks to be you
>>
>>384151602
not him, visual novels are my main thing and some of those require way more patience and yet i still can't get into crpgs
>>
>>384151789

Like I said. I thought there was potential, but nothing to keep me playing. The locations are dour, and the characters don't have a lot of personality.
>>
File: Portrait_zahua_lg.png (117KB, 210x330px)
Portrait_zahua_lg.png
117KB, 210x330px
it's a decent game in most respects, the problem is thatit's way too fucking timid (intentionally so, as it was designed to be a BG1 nostalgiafest) and as a result it doesn't stand out compared to other CRPGs at all
>>
I like it alright, but I think it's unfair in difficulty. When suddenly beset upon by 15 enemies you had no means to foresee and avoid, you basically have no option but to die and that is really aggravating if you've just spend the last 30 minutes clearing out a large wilderness area.
>>
I hate that it legally had to be "not d&d" so many of the expected genre conventions were subverted for no real reason than to be different than d&d. The alignments are obtuse and impossible to adhere to and every class has a stupid gimmick.
>>
>>384155054
to elaborate:
I'm playing a priest of skaen. The priest gimmick is that the strength of their priestly abilities is tied to their adherence to the favored dispositions of their deity. Skaen's favored dispositions are deceptive and cruel, but many of the interactions that would affect disposition don't have options to be deceptive or cruel. They mostly fall under diplomatic or aggressive, diplomatic being worthless for Skaen and aggressive actually being negative.
>>
>>384149298
you can try Divinity OS, the story is a little bit more focused and the gameplay is more dynamic and fun.
>>
How's Wasteland 2?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.