[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It baffles me how someone can shit on a game with so much love,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

It baffles me how someone can shit on a game with so much love, passion and hard work put into it saying things like "lol shit combat game sux"
>>
Love, passion, and hard work are nothing in the face of common sense, the true king of design.
>>
Game dev is hard regardless of how shitty the finished product is, all games are created with love, passion, and hard work.

All creative endeavors are the result of love, passion, and hard work.

Doesn't stop a lot of them from being complete shit, even if that's not the case with TW3.
>>
People always throw rocks at the fruitful tree
>>
The combat sucks though.
>>
>>384144081
It's /v, what were you expecting?
These salty fucks are allergic to success.
>>
>>384144081
this shit only happens in /v/. the more you hate good games the more you "understand"
>>
so you can't criticize the game because love, passion and hard work?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BsJ1TRMh8

the attention to detail in this game is amazing
>>
>>384144081
>look at this 15/10 masterpiece that's better than everything else that exists including sliced bread
>but there are some flaws / lack of polish
>how can you point out something when devs worked so hard
Maybe if fans didn't go out of their way to shit on everything else proclaiming 'flawless masterpiece' the reaction would be different.
>>
Cons:
>Too long
>Combat sucks
>All quests are the same
>Nobody cares about muh Ciri
>In fact, only a few side characters are actually likable
>Open world is just full of repetitive activities pre-marked on your map
>Batvision2win

Pros:
>Looks good in screenshots
>CDPR are bro devs do I fit in yet?
>>
File: What the fuck.gif (31KB, 336x244px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck.gif
31KB, 336x244px
>>384144081
If the gameplay is shit then the game is shit, we play games for the GAMEPLAY not for the dialogue.
>>
>>384144081
If the combat was marginal thing instead of main gameplay part then I'd agree the people are nitpicking.
>>
>>384144681
Except no one calls it flawless.

It is a masterpiece though.
>>
File: 3998770-screaming-bald-man.jpg (50KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
3998770-screaming-bald-man.jpg
50KB, 800x550px
>>384144081
>>384144081
desu I just didn't really like it. But I recommend it to everyone, even though I only played it for 3 hrs and said 'meh'. uninstalled.
Pirated it anyway.

it's a good game but third-person action rpg's aren't for everyone jesus christ some people think splatoon is a masterpiece but who the fuck even owns a nintendo console? IT'S ALL SUBJECTIVE
>>
>>384144081
Great dialogue and story, but the gameplay is just upgraded asscreed with powers, maybe they should make an interactive game like Life is Strange next time.
>>
>>384145074
What did you expect from the combat? I expected a more responsive and generally a better flowing combat system than the one in Witcher 2, and they delivered.
>>
I don't know about you, but the gameplay is pretty important to a game. If it sucks then the game isn't exactly perfect
>>
>>384144856
>>Too long
literally stopped reading there
>>
Why does the combat "suck"?
>>
File: enb2011_12_6_4_41_22.jpg (474KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb2011_12_6_4_41_22.jpg
474KB, 1920x1080px
>people try to tell me witcher 3 is a better rpg than new vegas
>>
>>384144856
>Too long
>Combat sucks
>All quests are the same
>Nobody cares about muh Ciri
>In fact, only a few side characters are actually likable

you have to go back
>>
>>384144901
Dialogue is considered gameplay in an RPG you dumb fuck.
>>
>>384145558
it is
>>
Nobody here likes to put in any effort into posts, so everything is written off as shit. Don't for a moment think that any opinion here are worth something.
>>
It baffles me how someone can shit on a game with so much love, passion and hard work put into it saying things like "lol shit buggy game sux". They even tried their hardest to provide a patch to alleviate the issues but there was simply not enogh support for this cursed child.
>>
>>384144856
>too long
Christ why did I just get so tilted
>>
>>384145906
>>384145567
>>384145417
>My favourite dish is the all you can eat buffet.
>>
>>384144081
>love, passion and hard work
Anon, even Jesus gets flak.

Its better to be pelted by half-wits and hopefuls than to have nothing but obscurity at inception.
>>
>>384144901
>we
speak for yourself
>>
>>384145746
It's not. New vegas is still the the gold standard for modern rpgs.
>>
>>384144081
>Games are immune to all critique because they excel in certain criteria.
>Games cannot be disliked by players who enjoy ARPGs with better combat.
>Gameplay isn't the ultimate goal of a game.
>>
>>384144081
They should have made a movie.

This game has excellent graphics and excellent stories for the main quests. It is really great on those particular areas.

The rest just don't _work_. The combat is broken, the exploration is uninteresting, the most basic gameplay elements are lacklustre, and the levelling system of weapons and armors don't work. You have no incentive to level up, no incentive to explore, and the game just don't work as a game, at all.

It baffle me that anyone can play this game for any amount of time and not see that it is boring, repetitive, and broken.
>>
>>384146039
>food analogy
>>
>>384146491
use doesn't instead of don't mongrel
>>
>>384146381
> shit on w3 mostly because of the combat
> F:NV is literally V.A.T.S - the game

don't even get me started on the bugs,graphics and the "lore" behind most of the fallout world starting first and foremost with the butchered ceaser's legion. i used to like F:NV too but that was when i was 15
>>
We all know this is really a daddy dating sim thread
>>
>>384146867
New vegas is good despite it's combat. Everything that makes a good rpg is there.
>>
>>384144549
This, what the hell OP. You should be an elementary school teacher or something
>>
>>384144081
It's really weird that when /pol/ invaded /v/ this shitposting also started.
>>
>>384147054
> Everything that makes a good rpg is there.

W3 has " Everything that makes a good rpg" than F:NV has. starting first and foremost with atmosphere and lore which is the most important thing in RPGs
>>
>>384147251
but according to /pol/ witcher 3 is "white and based"
>>
>clunky and over responsive movement controls
>1 on 1 style battle system makes battling groups of enemies even more tedious than in dark souls
>hundreds of useless items leading to tedious and time consuming inventory management
>points of interests are usually just a few enemies that don't award experience and a chest or two with more useless garbage

However, the best things about this game:

>looks gorgeous
>good story and characters

Kinda just want to drop the game and read the books.
>>
>>384144081
The most important part of a game is gameplay and the gameplay is shit nullifying everything about the game.

Easily the worst game ever made.
>>
File: 1500216717856.jpg (250KB, 869x943px) Image search: [Google]
1500216717856.jpg
250KB, 869x943px
This game nearly drove me into suicide, knowing that I am just a beta fuck that will never life and feel this adventurous love.
>>
>>384146909
So the oneyplays guys said the dad visual novel sucked and its a game with heavy involvement by the game grumps and even though egoraptor said he hates movie games he endorsed this shit VN and his FAS girlfriend got butthurt saying you can't talk shit on it cus the devs put love in it. Pathetic all around
>>
>>384146381
Nobody plays that shit nigga, fuck off
>>
>>384144081
I think the combat was bad and most of the quest design was bad. The game is still good on the backs of the characters and world which are just pulled from the novels. I think Witcher 3 is good but I don't know how much credit I'm willing to give to cdprojekt.
>>
>>384147465
You did know that that behind every witcher 3 shitpost thread, is only one anon. I don't have the pic on this pc, but there was picture showing some same anon for last 4 months been making same thread over, and over again.
>>
>>384144081
you're on a board with children, socially crippled retards, and people that come here from other sites to say the things they can't get away with without being held accountable expecting to get any type of serious dialogue. Where exactly do you think you are to expect any type of empathy?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.