/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games you've spent hundreds or thousands of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: 1500066721594m.jpg (81KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1500066721594m.jpg
81KB, 727x1024px
Are there any games you've spent hundreds or thousands of hours trying to get good at but you're still terrible? I'm about really to kill myself over this.

It isn't really the games fault. I'm depressed and dead and empty outside of the game which is definitely why it makes me as angry as it does. But you'd think after thousands of hours of playing I wouldn't be beaten by almost everyone I play against online. I'm seriously considering smashing my console because playing this game isn't helping my already poor state of mental health. It's making me feel much worse and I'm genuinely afraid to play because I know how depressed and angry it makes me feel but I don't have anything else to do so sometimes I give in, play it and then I feel like complete absolute shit afterwards. I feel like crying and I'm a 23 year old man. Why the fuck am I so much worse then everyone after all this time and effort. I don't fucking understand it. Why can't I just fucking improve. Even casuals are better than me and I've literally been practicing for three fucking years.

Make fun of me in this thread if you want. I already know I'm a complete fucking failure so you can't insult me in a way I'm not already aware of.
>>
>>384129346

It's gotten to the point where I'd rather just stop playing forever at this point. I know I'm never going to get good and all this game is is a risk for me to have at home. Every time I play it it triggers this angry depressive episode. It never makes me feel good and it's never fun. I think I might actually throw out the console. I have a PC anyways so I only use the fucking console for this one game. It doesn't have any other use.
>>
>Project Diva
>Smash
>League of Legends
I just fucking suck at vidya.
>>
>>384129724

Last season of league I got to play 2 and now I'm basically stuck in silver. I feel like I play the game because I'm bored and my life is really empty so I fill most of the time, which means support, and I just play random shit. I can't rank up because I'm so bored of the game I literally never feel like playing an actual role with an actual champion and actually tryharding.

If I played less I would rank up but I literally force myself to play that game for at least six hours every single day because I have nothing else to do.
>>
real life
>>
I could be good at overwatch but my doctor says I must keep my blood pressure low. So no caffeine or long game sessions. If I was back in my teens I could probably reach GM.
>>
In Dark Souls I've exhausted all options others than Ornstein & Smough and the Tomb of the Giants. I can't even beat O&S with summoning and I've clipped through the floor too many times in TotG to trust it anymore

I have DSII and III in my backlog and I'm fighting every urge not to drop the game and move on to the next one early
>>
File: Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png (151KB, 250x349px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png
151KB, 250x349px
>>384129346
whoops, wrong picture
>>
Paladins. Frustrating as all hell really.
>>
File: lets get it.png (292KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
lets get it.png
292KB, 512x512px
>be me
>plat in league
>plat in overwatch
>place highly in league and melee locals in my city
>plebs can't get good after investing hundreds of hours

the only key to getting good is literally just looking at what mistakes your making and thinking about why you took a certain action. until you reach a very high skill level getting good at vidya is 90% correcting your mistakes and not playing on autopilot and wondering why you lost
>>
>>384129346
Just stop playing online.
girl is pretty hot too
>>
>>384129346
You function at a drastically reduced efficiency when you're depressed. You think slower, move slower, are less attentive.

You may very well suck at video games, but being depressed is main you suck even more. All you're doing by sinking more hours into it is worsening your depression and making you learn bad habits in the game and ingraining them into your brain.

You are literally making the situation worse on all fronts the more you refuse to face your depression by sinking hours into escapism.

Seek professional help. Or kill yourself. That's literally your only two options since you clearly cannot deal with it alone.
>>
>>384131301
Retard.
>>
>>384131241
if you have the FPS mod on turn it down the 59 fps if you havent already
60 fps fucks up the ground in many areas
just mentioning it because ive only had that problem like once and it was from coming down a ladder though i dont remember it i had the fps mod on to 60
>>
>>384129346
1400 hours in league of legends and I'm still bronze.
>>
>>384129346
vikki is cute
>>
File: 1474712850920.jpg (44KB, 406x422px) Image search: [Google]
1474712850920.jpg
44KB, 406x422px
>>384132024
There's no need to be mad OP, nobody answered seriously to your blogpost and nobody will
>>
>>384131610
also i forgot to mention that it helps to have friends to play with, especially ones that are better than you. this might be hard for most of /v/ but it speeds the process of getting good greatly when you have someone to point out your mistakes and give you advice. this is how i got better at most vidya that i play. of course it was initially difficulty with so much dick in my mouth, i learned to overcome it be loosening my throat and just letting my friends do the work.
>>
>>384129346
Get a real hobby. Practicing to be good at a fucking video game is the most cringe thing in the world. Stop wasting your life
>>
>>384129346
>look at me I take a gamecube controller with me to the restroom for no reason I'm such a le nerd xP
>>
>>384132676
>Get a real hobby
t. normie

pray name some "real hobbies"
>>
>>384131610
plat isn't good
>>
>>384131440
It's funny because Paladins isn't even hard. I'd probably get my shit pushed in since I haven't played in like 2 months though. I only really played it for like 3 weeks before I was really good at it. It only requires you to play it a shit load, while also making sure you can play every champion type.
>>
Civ 4.

I've literally played a thousand hours and still play on Noble.
>>
>>384132771
Woodworking, having sex, reading the back of cereal boxes, masturbating to primary colors, building cars (with legos), and exercising your calves until you can crush a can for starters. Nerd.
>>
>>384131440
you wut nigger? paladins is one of the easiest thing to be decent at.
>>
@384132979
but... to what end?
>>
>>384132847
Everything below the top 3 LCK isn't good.
>>
File: dota.png (58KB, 333x208px) Image search: [Google]
dota.png
58KB, 333x208px
5k mmr here
>>
>>384132663
looks like someones upset because he has no one to play with
>>
File: 1441002223608.jpg (39KB, 570x413px) Image search: [Google]
1441002223608.jpg
39KB, 570x413px
>>384131610
Plat isn't good.
>>
>>384133601
More upset that you felt the need to reply to your own post twice instead of just deleting the original and saying what you intended to say.
>>
RE: E8A1EE162
To crush a can. Reading comprehension....

....?
>>
>>384130295
Learn an instrument.
>>
>>384133434
When have you played your first game?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.