[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I need some serious advice. I own a 4k tv and a ps4.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 123523566.jpg (61KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
123523566.jpg
61KB, 600x448px
Alright, I need some serious advice.

I own a 4k tv and a ps4. I love the ps4, I'm mostly an RPG player and so I'm very happy with the ps4. Should I:

1 - try to sell my ps4 for a couple hundred and buy a ps4 pro to take advantage of my tv

2- buy a switch + splatoon 2 bundle coming out in europe

3- buy a xbox one x later this year and with it get a 4k cluray player
>>
all 3
>>
>>384127523
let's assume i'm not made of money and just choose 1
>>
>>384127239
4- Stick with the current set up because you'll be wasting money on the tiniest of power ups

OR

5- Get a pc instead as least the power updates will actually be meaningful

Whatever you do don't touch the switch, anything BUT the switch
>>
Sell everything, castrate yourself and go live in a monastery.
>>
>>384127239
Option 1: Lose a bit of money for marginal benefit in visuals of games
Option 2: Lose a bit more money for a greater number of games (though this would be more of an "investment" than the other two because many of those games aren't out yet)
Option 3: Lose even more money for a very minimal upgrade in how many games you can play and also play 4k movies.

If it were me, I'd say option 2. Otherwise, invest in a nicer computer.
>>
well clearly you want to take advantage of your 4k tv
the pro is probably your best bet

the Switch has some great upcoming releases but it'll just be 1080p or lower blown up on your screen - there will be other bundles down the line
>>
4K TV owner and a PS4 Pro owner.

I will say that the Pro is kind of...eh. On the games it supports, it does increase the resolution and make things better and does stabilize the framerate. However, not a lot of games really take advantage of it and there are a ton of titles that I feel didn't really benefit from the Pro upgrade (Especially when looking at comparison videos to a normal PS4). It should get better now that developers have had more time with it and can put Pro support in their games, but still.

I also have a Xbone, and honestly it has been sitting collecting dust. It is pretty much a Halo and Rare Replay collection machine, and really has not gotten enough to justify it.

I say get a Switch, then wait to see how the Xbox One X turns out and see if some of the games you want to play will get PS4 Pro support. There will probably be a ton of sales on the Pro later in the year, so it would be good to wait on it.
>>
Alright I guess I will just not buy anything for now
>>
>>384127239
Build a PC that can game in real 4K unlike the PS4 Pro with its checkerboarding.
>>
>>384128863
just a gtx 1080ti plus a 4k monitor is like 1800 euros, that's like all 3 options combined plus a ton of games
>>
>>384129445
Ignoring your ridiculous prices, you don't need a 1080Ti to game in 4K, just if you want max settings (even medium is better than consoles). As for monitor, OP already has a 4K TV. A monitor would be better, yes, but it's not necessary for PC gaming.
>>
>>384127239
2. PS pro is a scam
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.