[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i the only one who found the witcher 3 boring? I dropped it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: witcher31280jpg-782253_1280w.jpg (415KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
witcher31280jpg-782253_1280w.jpg
415KB, 1280x720px
Am i the only one who found the witcher 3 boring? I dropped it about halfway the gameplay is basic and garbage and it looks pretty thats about it.
>>
The combat disguises itself as being real time but in fact it's all about dice rolls. Enemies can hit you from impossible angles just cause the system said that's a hit.

That dishonesty put me off more than anything else.
>>
>>384122667

I don't get why people hate the combat in W3 desu. No worse than the one in LoZ: BotW and people seem to love that aside from the weapon breaking.
>>
>>384122667

Yeh the combat controls are like wading through treacle

I can't be bothered with it, Skyrim is buggy and the engine is from 1995 but it's more enjoyable
>>
the game was boring. i think that has to do with it being open world though. i hate open world games. i fucking hate them. the only witcher game i was able to complete was the first one
>>
For everybody who complains about combat, I recommend getting this mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1959hkgMQ

A literal gamechanger.
>>
The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...

...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...

...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.

The quest design is made for literal braindead children who can't think for themselves. Its obnoxiously yawn inducing because the "investigations" you do are practically you just walking around in circles and spamming X so geralt can shove some more exposition down your throat. It lacks depth, challenge, player activity and more than anything else, longevity. It never evolves into anything more unique or interesting, and it persists through the ENTIRE 150+ hours.

The main quest is basically super mario in poland, where Geralt goes around picking flowers, herding goats and helping every bum under the sun just so he can get the usual message that "nah bro, I don't know shit senpai"

cont
>>
>>384123450
Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"

The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.

Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"

Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.

HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.

B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.

Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.
>>
Only in the world. You're a special snowflake.
>>
>>384122667
Yea you are a faggot and the only one. You should stick to candy crush or quit games all together, start working out, make money, get laid, it is better anyway.
>>
>>384122780
It's literally a meme at this point. The combat is fine, not great, but also not as bad as people make it out to be. The only 'gameplay' criticism I can kind of agree with is the overuse of the witcher sense, that could/should have been handled better.
>>
what was really bad was all the witcher sense bullshittery. In the first game you had to actually use your brain a little bit to figure shit out, but in TW3 it's just "follow this red line and spam the X button"
Points of interest are completely worthless and are only put into the game to artificially increase play time
They shouldn't have made it an open world game and instead stick to the formula of the first 2 games
>>
I liked the story but the gameplay is pure filler and not enough to keep me engaged.

Also the best parts are the sidequests. I dont give a fuck about Ciri.
>>
You know people do you faggot. Stop replying go this bait thread you retards
>>
Combat is shit. Alchemy is dumbed down for the console retards. Crafting anything aside from witcher gear is useless. Skill tree is somehow worse than 2's with boring, uninspired skills. The addition of a crossbow was unnecessary. The only fun gameplay part is the card game.
Shame you have to go through all that for the good sidequests.
>>
>>384122780
it's a meme. those same people can't even name other good rpgs with good gameplay other than "muh dark souls" which has derivative gameplay in and of itself. Souls babies hate on it because muh combat, and rpg fans hate on it because muh self insert.
>>
>>384123450
>>384123527
Don't know if this is pasta but I have to agree with everything posted
>>
File: SAGE.jpg (56KB, 619x264px) Image search: [Google]
SAGE.jpg
56KB, 619x264px
>>384122667
>Another Witcher hate bait thread
We just had this same thread a half hour ago and it died quickly.
STOP replying to meme bait threads anons!
>>
>>384125630
>stop talking about video games guise!
>but its ok if you're circlejerking, I want this place to be more like leddit
>>
>>384125345
Gothic and Gothic 2 had the best combat in ARPG genre. It feels fucking awesome to see your combat style visually improving with training and it also directly impacts gameplay. Not a single open world rpg tried to implement that since, they all go the safest and most boring route of just adapting bamham style with button=awesome mentality.
>>
>>384125802
Contrarian circlejerking is still circlejerking anon.
>>
File: tumblr_ntkd3jTfxh1ttzn7oo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntkd3jTfxh1ttzn7oo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x361px
No, there's plenty of people who didn't enjoy this game, anon! And that's okay, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion!
>>
some reason my render distance for witcher 3 is fucked. I'll be walking in novigrad and shit just materializes in front off me. I've tried mods and they don't work. anyone know a fix?
>>
>>384122667
I thought it was fun and immersive. For all the shit people gave it about bad combat I was expecting turn based QTEs with a permadeath system. It was nowhere near that bad.

That being said, I hated how many of the missions had you follow an NPC around. Would it have killed them to include some of that in cutscenes every now and then? I don't think so.

The story itself bugged me. For example, Djikstra's attempted betrayal of Roche and Ves seemed so out of character it was ridiculous. He always seemed to have up to date information about anyone who was of interest to him; he was always a schemer. Why would he blatantly tell everyone he betrayed them while Geralt was right in front of him? All Djikstra had to do was keep up the facade and wait.

I also didn't like how the story seemed to start falling apart after the battles involving Imerlith and the Crones. It felt rushed in a very bad way.
Depending on your dialogue choices earlier in the game, Geralt promises to return with Ciri to murder the Crones. They get an even better deal at the Summit by killing Imerlith too. That would've been an amazing stopping point, although it would have left behind loose ends. The final battle with Eredin and the Frost should've been DLC imo.
>>
File: 1358321213024.jpg (64KB, 1144x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1358321213024.jpg
64KB, 1144x1200px
>>384122667
I wanted to like it. I Really, really, did. I tried multiple times to get into it but It's just so damn boring. The big open world design just ruins every single game it touches for me.
>>
>>384122760
Maybe easy mode is the best course of action for you
>>
>>384126397
Nobody is going to buy Elex, now go drink potatowater you fucking slav
>>
>>384126397
I've played both of those. And yes the combat is good, but I still enjoyed Witcher 3. You still buttblasted?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.