[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I buy of these two? A PS3 Slim with CFW and filled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: question-block-timer-nodelay.gif (16KB, 366x370px) Image search: [Google]
question-block-timer-nodelay.gif
16KB, 366x370px
What should I buy of these two?

A PS3 Slim with CFW and filled with 1TB of backup games for the equivalent of $120 US dls

OR

A 3DS (original one) also with FreeShop, and +100 games for $90
>>
How would I know the better choice when I know nothing about you?
>>
>>384121410
Both are good console
I'd say 3ds tho because it's handheld and cheaper
>>
>>384121689
Well I have a regular DS already but it's in the process of dying, it would be nice to have the DS and 3DS library while going around.. but the PS3 has a games that I always wanted to play like the Gran Turismo, Dark Souls, Uncharted series. So I'm not sure.. just looking for blunt opinions
>>
>>384121410
As someone who has both a modded 3DS and PS3, I'd say I had more fun with my 3DS.

I'm a PC gamer though, so that might has taken down my opinion on the PS3.
>>
Neither.
Normally I'd say go for the 3DS since the PS3 lost most of its good exclusives like Bayonetta or Vanquish, plus its emulation is already at a great state, however you stated that it's an ORIGINAL 3DS and that is absolutely horrid.
Neither.
>>
>>384122521
Yeah that's what's keeping me from the 3DS, I hear the screen on the original is too small and added to the fact that the graphics aren't that good. But maybe it works well enough for the kind of games it has?

I saw a modded Wii U too for about 300 bucks, that would be all the Wii and Wii U library to fuck around with, you think I should save for that instead?
>>
>>384122826
With CEMU nearly perfect ?! Are you insane ?
Look, what I'd recommend is buying a New 3DS, or XL if you find it too small, and hack it yourself OR buy it hacked. It would probably cost you like 180$ or something and you'll be very happy.
I had a CFW original 3DS, the screen WAS terrible and gave me awful cramps since it's too small, AND games lagged like hell and the whole thing was just slow in general.
>>
>handheld versus console
Console wins by default.
>>
>>384122156
Also nether had problem with screen being to small but yeah a new 3ds xl must be better
>>
>>384123232
I would think so too but I have a PS4 crammed with games and often I'm too lazy to get up and play any of them, I think I'm leaning towards the 3DS, if only the screen wasn't so shitty
>>
>>384121410
I have both.
I play neither.
It was more fun to hack the systems and load it with free games and kickass homebrew than it is to play any of the games on the console.

However, my modded3DS allowed me to find games I would have never bought like SMT:IV. Great series.

tl;dr; Both. Absolutely worth it either way. I would get a 3DS over a PS3 though as most exclusives are coming to PC.
>>
>>384121410
You can find a used PS3 you can throw a CFW on for way less than 120$. Likewise 90$ for a used 3DS is an absolute rip off.
Doing this shit yourself is piss fucking easy, should be able to get both of those for the cost of just that overpriced PS3 you are looking at.
>>
>>384124476
These are very decent prices here in Mexico, basically the same as non-modded units (importing isn't an option due to ridiculous taxes) and I feel like I'll fuck it up somehow if I try to mod anything myself desu
>>
>>384124476
You're not going to find a ps3 for less than a hundred dollars. You'll especially not find one with 1TB HDD and modded for less than 130 dollars. It's a good deal honestly.
>>
>>384125121
I literally just went to ebay to check and there is dozens for around 30-40$. Not with 1TB but it's not like that particularly matters when you can easily load games from an external if you have CFW.
>>
>>384125335
You're literally lying straight to my face. And a 1TB is gonna set you back another 40.
>>
>>384125508
You do not need a 1TB HDD for anything. Hell, if you don't have any external HDDs lying around you can even play your games off of an USB stick or SD Card.
Whatever though, if the guy wants to waste his money then let him.
>>
>>384121410
>>384124476
Does the original 3DS screen still hold up with games like the Monster Hunters? I found my DS XL screen to be just alright and I'm hoping the 3DS one is indeed smaller but with slightly better resolution (?) I don't mind longer loading times as long as there's no lag or anything like that
>>
>>384125654
Post these PS3s you're talking about then
>>
>>384125756
>>384124476

I meant to reply this to >>384124045
>>
>>384125756
The New 3DS does not have a better resolution, neither do the XL versions of any of them - they just blow up the picture so while it's bigger it's also a lot more pixelated. It's always the same.
The N3DS and N3DSXL just have much better hardware that you can make very good use of if you have CFW on it.
Loading times are a lot shorter, you won't get anywhere near as many FPS drops, etc.

If you plan to have CFW on it it's definitely worth buying an N3DS, just for how many options you have with it that the OG ones can't do.
You can even do shit like stream your gameplay without any kind of hardware mods if you have a New one.
>>
>>384125654
Unless you can send it internationally to me for free I don't have another option man, they're actually good deals here in the third world
>>
>>384121410
I actually have both.
I had way more fun with my 3DS. Yes it's a O3DS.
>>
>>384126115
>>384126115
I see, that's interesting. Is the CFW for the N3DS the same one? can I play Mario Kart and Monster Hunter online?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.