[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/, what was the first game you ever played, and what game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1499317076173.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1499317076173.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
So /v/, what was the first game you ever played, and what game made you the vidya lover you are today ?
Would you call yourself a gamer ?
>>
>First game
Super mario brothers on a chinese NES knockoff
>What game made you the vidya lover you are today
Lots of them. SMB,roadrash,Crash,Legend of zelda,fire emblem. Looking back, western industry was quite good, now it might as well dissapear

>Would you call yourself a gamer
It's bullshit. Gamer culture in general is bullshit. Earlier, people played games because they liked them, or they liked the challenge, or the feeling of accomplishment.
Now people play games to be a "gamer" so they can talk about the "latest 1337 gayymezzz" and measure their fucking retarded co-op peen.
I get offended when I'm called a gamer. My fucking dad never played games in his life but made an asteroid clone working as a office going wagecuck. Later he saw me playing snake xenzia on his nokia 1110 and started playing that, and scored 13k, after which he couldn't score anymore because the screen was full. If you aren't aware , that is the highest score possible for anyone to achieve. I still don't call my father a gamer, nor does he care about "gayyming". That was what gaming was all about.
>>
>>384120720
Battle City
Too many to say.
Probably but not around people. I just like games.
>>
>>384120720
First game was Super Mario World. I think either Perfect Dark or Super Mario 64 made me into the gamer I am now. But no self respecting person would describe themselves as a "gamer".
If the topic comes up I say I play video games, not that I'm a gamer.
>>
>>384120720
>first game
Zelda on the NES
>game that made you love vidya
i hate video games
>>
>>384121638
First game:Sims 3
Game that made me love them:Overwatch :3
Would you call yourself a gamer:Yes !
>>
>>384120720
Donkey Kong Country was my first, I don't think I can nail it down to one game that kept me around though. Megaman X, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sim City are contenders though.
>>
>>384120720
>first game
Probably the snake game
>vidya lover
Several I guess, Donkey Kong for gameboy and toy story for dreamcast were my favorite as a kid, but I liked all kinds of games
You know, tags like those are one of the reasons western modern culture is shit. People just want to feel they are part of a community or feel like they are part of something bigger than themselves.

I remember when I was going to high school and one day I was hanging out with some girls and a friend of mine, one of them asked me:
>'Hey, anon, are you a skater? You kinda dress like one'
>'Haha, no, I just like this brand'
>'So what are you, like a biker or something?'
>'...'

Using your hobbies or sexual orientation to define yourself is literally high school mentality.
>>
>>384120720
>First
Super Mario 64
>Made me vidya lover
Super Mario 64
I haven't even played the game since 2000. When I finally go back it is going to be the craziest nostalgia trip of my life
>>
>>384121774
London?
>>
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
It turned me into the bitter cunt that never gives up no matter how bullshit the game is I am today
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (38KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
38KB, 1920x1080px
>>384120720
Probably gorillas or snake for qbasic
>>
>>384120720
Prince of Persia. The original of course.
>>
>Super Mario Bros. on my cousin's NES
>I really don't know, I don't think that there's one single game that deserves all the honor. Let's just say that Civ IV, Super Mario World and FF IV were all very important games regarding my evolution of vidya taste.
>No, because I don't want to identify myself through my hobbies, and because "gamer culture" is generally full of childish shit and pointless internet drama. I don't want to give an impression that I'm into stuff like that.
>>
>>384120720
Don't know, probably Labyrinth on my dads PC
I reckon it'd be Guild Wars, first game I played fr unholy amounts of time
I spend about all my free time in fromt of my monitor playing or talking about video games, so yes, the negative connotation this board has for the term is silly
>>
>>384120720
Gorillas
Moonstone DOS port
>>
>>384120720
Watermelon doesn't leave stains like that
>>
>First
Heroes 2

>What game made you the vidya lover
Tekken 3, Heroes 3, Jedi Academy, Neverwinter Nights these I have the biggest memory from my first years of playing
Also some newer titles like DMC3, Prince of Persia trilogy, Mount and Blade and Gothic.

If someone asked me "Are you a gamer?" then I'd say that I play games. Wouldn't use that term. I usually say I play spme games sometimes and since my taste is normie tier, I can pass as a normal human
>>
File: header.jpg (61KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
61KB, 460x215px
>>384120720
>First
Crash Bandicoot for the PS1, probably. Didn't have videogames as a kid.

>"Clincher"
Promise not to laugh? Unholy Heights.

First game I tried to get good at and fully complete. Felt good. Before that I just played through games casually, one and done, and just didn't give a fuck.

>Gamer
No. Who does. That sounds so stupid.
>>
File: 1499826226699.jpg (53KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
1499826226699.jpg
53KB, 560x700px
>>384120720
without a doubt SMB 3. I like remember watching my older cousins play it and being amazed at the game

heck I feel old now
>>
>first game
Halo 3
>game that made me love vidya
Bioshock.infinite
>>
First gamrs I ever played were sonic 2, mortal Kombat and James pond olympics on the genesis. I was about 5 years old

What turned me into a gamer was a ps1 my dad came home with when I was about 9, he bought vigilante 8, ff7, resident evil directors cut and jet moto 2
>>
>>384120720
>First game
Duck hunt, or something else on NES
>What game made you the video game lover you are today
First Wave: GTA VC, SA, Mafia, Call of Duty, NFS Hot Pursuit 3
Second Wave: Morrowind, Skyrim, Gothic 1 and 2
Third Wave: Arcanum, Fallout 1, 2 and NV, Baldur's Gate 2, VtM:B
Hell no. If someone asked me I'd say I played them when I was younger.
>>
>first game
Mortal Kombat Deception
>game that made me the vidya lover I am
Probably either Soul Calibur, Urban Reign, or Megaman X Command Mission
>would you call yourself a gamer
Fuck no, if anything I'm a neet. The "gamers" I've met have all played mobas religious and never played a sidescroller
>>
File: 1493934946708.jpg (34KB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493934946708.jpg
34KB, 193x200px
My first was Oblivion. That zombie in the first area scared the shit out of me when I was younger.

But the game that really got me into vidya has to be Warcraft 3, or by extension playing it with my dad. He'd beat my ass every time, but I was slowly improving. Not to mention the campaign in the expansion. Arthas' story was some good shit.

Would I call myself a gamer? To be frank, no. Too many "gamers" that I've met act... Creepy isn't the word, but they were just so fucking weird. I'd rather distance myself from that group whenever possible.
>>
>>384120720
>First Game
Tonka: Construction. I'm told I used to sit there in my nappies playing it at 1 on my dinosaur Mac.
>Made me a vidya lover
Sim City.
Also some dumb Spy Fox game a few years earlier, and some treehouse game I don't have a clue about.
>Call myself a "gamer"
Although the title is usually despised, I don't know what else to call me in reference to my enthusiasm towards games.

I'd make some imperial statement of opinion but even that's difficult enough to suffice what with how it's a sport to do that.
If I'm a """gamer""" to someone's standards, sure, whatever helps you acknowledge it.
>>
>first game
First arcade game (and technically first game) was Joust at a Pizza place in the early 90s. First actual game was Sonic 2 on the Genesis.

>game that made you love vidya
That is a hard one. The Sonic series on Genesis and the Crash series on Playstation kept my interest in gaming, but the main game that got me into playing more titles was probably OoT. I didn't really have a lot of games growing up in the early 90s since my family was somewhat poor and I would usually get stuff for Christmas or Birthdays, so it wasn't until the late 90s/early 2000's that I was able to actually play more stuff.
>>
>>384120720
>first game
some disney game on the PS1, can't remember what
>made me love vidya games
suikoden ii
>would you call yourself a gamer
idk man, i just like games
>>
>First game
A nip game I can only recall a a mario clone with more colorful shit, eggs and other stuff. It was "tengou jigyou" or something. I was 1.5 years old and watched my uncle play that game and then started playing it myself
>Made me a vidya lover
SMB,Metroid,Final fantasy,Zelda, DOOM,Wolfinstein, GTA:VC. God there are too many that I played and still wish I went back to that time to experience it all over again. Call me a nostalgiafag but I truly don't give a shit about modern gaming as a whole
>Call myself a gamer
I'd rather kill myself. I like to play games, but I am no gamer. Gaming is cancer and gamers are a blight upon society. Calling yourself a gamer is like calling yourself a chad, or calling yourself a playboy.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.