[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your opinions on cheating or what is considered cheating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1469615055571.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469615055571.gif
2MB, 400x300px
What are your opinions on cheating or what is considered cheating?

I feel, at the moment, that if you cheat at all, you're playing a different game than the one intended. And if two people were to talk about a game where one of them cheated, they'd be talking about two different games. They could be very similar experiences but one could still have a different experience.
>>
>>384120236
Cheating is when I activate a cheat
Not cheating is when I'm not
>>
>>384120236
Cheating is using third party software to assist or modify the game you are currently playing. This can be as harmless and useful as a simple use of Cheat Engine to achieve a free camera for screenshots, or as malicious as paid software that gives you aimbots and wallhacks for you to compete in high profile CS:GO tournaments with.

Anything outside of that is not cheating at all.
>>
>>384120469
>Anything outside of that is not cheating at all.
What about walkthroughs that tell you about hidden treasure or a secret weapon or ect?
>>
>>384120589
Not cheating. That shit is meant to be in the game. Also, I don't really care what other people do in single-player and you're a retard if you do.
>>
>>384120746
>Also, I don't really care what other people do in single-player and you're a retard if you do.
They can do whatever they want. But wouldn't it still be cheating to use outside info?
>>
>>384120236
>And if two people were to talk about a game where one of them cheated, they'd be talking about two different games.

what the fuck kind of autistic retardation is this?
>>
>>384122029
One guy starts off with 1,000,000 souls to use and the other doesn't. Are they playing the same game?
>>
>>384122029
Makes perfect sense

You ruined the progression and so the difficulty and content is no longer the same as it would be for a fair player
>>
File: 1499650173086.jpg (224KB, 869x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1499650173086.jpg
224KB, 869x1263px
>>384120236
No guide no cheats and exploits are in a sort of grey area.
>>
Exploits are considered 'cheats' in that the gameplay systems weren't designed around them, but it's also foolish to expect that nobody will use them just because the developer is incompetent
>>
>>384122743
>but it's also foolish to expect that nobody will use them just because the developer is incompetent
I wouldn't say the developer is incompetent all the time. Games are becoming more advanced and seem like it's harder to fill in all the holes.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.