[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In every multiplayer FPS I play, my kill/death ratio sits between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 4

File: aim for success.gif (3MB, 448x298px) Image search: [Google]
aim for success.gif
3MB, 448x298px
In every multiplayer FPS I play, my kill/death ratio sits between 0.5 to 0.7.

How do I stop being so shit?
>>
>>384118825
stop playing fps
>>
>>384118825
kill more people before you die
>>
Slow down?
A bunch of people (in ALL fps) tend to sprint into the action and die, maybe picking up a kill.
>>
really it's either you got it you don't. some people are destined to be terrible forever
>>
>>384118825
Play Call of Duty. It's SO easy to get good kdr. Well maybe not so much now that everyone has cheating bullshit perks they summon rockets and shit instead of just relying on gunplay
>>
>>384118825
>cant even draw the bow correctly
>>
>>384118825
>lifetime KDR stats

Don't worry bout them, everyone has good and bad games and they will fluctuate. It's sad watching people buy new accounts in Siege because they want a better KDR in ranked.
>>
>>384118825
kill more or die less.
>>
>>384118825
Get into vehicles as much as possible and farm infantry.
Use cheap methods like booby traps, grenade spam, underbarrel launchers, bazookas more often.
>>
http://aim400kg.com/
>>
>>384119208
What does his artistic ability have to do with anything?
>>
j10 wake island
>>
Git gud
>>
>>384118954

that's bullshit, you just have to play more. only complete faggots think they're da 1337 chosen one who's naturally good at muh fps.
>>
Turn off vsync and get a better monitor
>>
>>384118825
Get an awareness of the game

If the battle is happening in a particular place slow down and check corners when you get near it.
Pay attention to a radar if it's there

You can see where the enemy is pushing, where they have taken over, locations that are controlled by them, even the direction you should be aiming and preempt a flank or notice someone sneaking around.

Knowledge is power, if you are unaware and oblivious you can't adjust and have no really power to do anything except feed kills to people you didn't even know where there.
>>
>>384118946
>>384121339
These, start playing analytically instead of just running into the action.

Also, if you are playing a game that allows you to customize your kit, think well about stuff that could give you "free kills". For example, well placed infantry mines almost always get someone in games that have them, so plopping them around is an easy way to get more kills per life. Other explosives are also good with this.
>>
Try to die less. Lower your sensitivity. Take time to aim your shots. One good shot is worth more than five that miss.
>>
>>384118825
This is the truth of the matter, the people with high k/d get those because of the people with low k/d willing to do stuff that wins the game shit like
>running to the objective
>first into a room
>capturing the flag
>aggressively acquire strong points on a map
All risky actions that require numerous deaths which in turn allow the person with the high k/d to progress with knowledge of the enemy whereabouts and other map advantages. K/D isn't the most reflective stat of skill when it comes to team games.
>>
which game in particular?
im curious
otherwise learn the maps and all the hidey holes and check them every time
being good at FPS is mostly anticipating where an enemy will be - 75% of it is anticipation and the rest is mechanical skill (aiming, moving smartly, using terrain, "calculating" trajectories, etc)
>>
>>384121614
In something like BF I can constantly be capturing contested flags and still reach a high KD
>>
>>384121607
> lower sens is better
yea in corridor shooters maybe
>>
What are your issues
Can't kill enemies you spotted? Get better at aiming, turn down sensitivity, do actual practice
Keep getting shot from behind? Learn the maps, learn positioning, figure out where the action is and move so you won't have enemies in your back at all times, learn how to use sound and the minimap to locate enemies
>>
>>384121678
In any game.
>>
My K/D is bad in every FPS but I'm rated as a top tier player in them. global elite in CSGO and top 100 in ogrewatch

I would guess if you're very aggressive you'll get less kills, but the kills you do get will matter, both because you're killing more valuable targets (rather than whoever positions poorly) and becausae you're affecting the tempo of the fight by making kills when the enemy isn't OK with them, rather than when they're prepared to fight. And also, being aggressive gives you many opportunities to 'tactically die', which further affects the tempo
>>
>>384121678
Even most quake players use a rather low sensitivity
It just allows you to be more accurate and consistent, you shouldn't have to do constant 180° turns if your positioning isn't ass
>>
>>384121794
ok bro if you want to believe that go ahead

>>384121861
people still play quack? ill see if my high sens measures up against any of them currently playing it guess
>>
>>384118825
get good at aiming, learn the maps. This applies to all fps.
>>
>>384118825
Are you playing on console or PC?
>>
>1. Slow down
If anyone has line of sight on you and you're just charging in, you're going to die.
>2. Don't go back to the last place you died.
I know you want revenge, but you're just going to die.
>3. Play either the most balanced class, Or Primary class. Or the one you like the most.
I.E, Game A is class based and the Ammo giving class has a wide variety of utility.
Or, Game B has your favorite weapon in it.

TTK and power alone does not make you a better player, utility does.

For Example, during the BF4 launch I was in the top 10 Support players US. I picked the weapon I loved the most for the class that had the most utility. In order to play well I needed ammo, without it I can't kill, and I don't want to rely on other kits to keep going.

With an LMG I had the ability to suppress whoever I was fighting at the time, reducing their accuracy, while having the magazine capacity to engage multiple targets. With C4 I was able to take care of armored units or attack/defend an objective without line of sight. And with an Ammo pack I was able to never have to pick up another kit to keep going.

^^^ All that utility paired with my playstyle of flanking solo allowed me to pull off high kill games.

Utility>Positioning>Enemy Team Skill>Map Knowledge>Gun Stats
>>
Learn maps, awareness, positioning and enemy spawns/common positions.
>>
Side strafe a lot.
>>
use your fucking ears
im off to play some bfbc2
>>
Anybody got any strats for the rush maps on Battlefield? Like how do you capture the flag when the enemy team of 32 players spawn right next to it?
>>
Seriously slow down and make sure the things you're doing have some reasoning behind them.

Record some footage of yourself playing and watch it back. See where your problems actually are and where you're making shit decisions. Don't worry too much about aim unless you notice a trend of you not being able to put damage on people once you've decided to. Just pause it at random and ask "what should I be doing here?" and then go in game and make yourself do those good things in those situations.
>>
>>384118825
Like somebody else already mentioned, move slower. If you have an option to sprint, DON'T. Sprint across wide open areas but that's it.

Concentrate on your aiming. Try reducing sensitivity on your mouse or controller. Don't fire unless you know that you'll hit your target. Aim for the head. If you focus on a smaller target, your shots will be tighter.

Do not be afraid to run away from a fight. Whether 1v1 or during a firefight with your team, consider leaving if it looks too intense or you think you could flank the enemy.

More important than getting kills is just not dying. Dying is the worst thing you can do for a number of reasons. Concentrate on not dying and the kills will follow.
>>
File: 1455325511563.png (622KB, 720x785px) Image search: [Google]
1455325511563.png
622KB, 720x785px
>>384118946
>>384121339
>>384121598
>>384122523
>>384122706
All of these are good. You also need to be able to aim, if your aim is shit you won't hit anything. Due to muscle memory you need to get a mouse that has a good sensor with no acceleration, stick to 400/800/1200 DPI and make sure you have your cm/360. But what these guys said is much better, I had a shit mouse with acceleration and was basically demigod because of the constant awareness and being in the moment, if you play like a drone just for dumb enjoyment you will lose. You have to focus and know what your objective is. Knowing where the enemy spawns, the time, checking corners, knowing and having an understanding of when to go fast and slow< it took me a while to be able to slide between fast and slow because I was always a guy that could only do fast or slow, not in between.

Knowing the mechanics of the game.
You also need to practice, practice, practice.

And the last, most important thing out of everything, is that you HAVE TO play against people better then you, if you keep playing scrubs you will remain a scrub. You need good people so it will compel you to change your strats, aim better, etc.
>>
>>384118946
This is really good tip for instantly increasing your KD without improving skill.
>>
>>384118825
Stick to the walls, crouch when going through a dangerous place, stop once in a while, and also, if the game has a map, use it, you can have a accurate position of the enemy depending where your teammates are
>>
File: hahaa.jpg (57KB, 644x800px) Image search: [Google]
hahaa.jpg
57KB, 644x800px
>all this casual nu-/v/ advice to 'slow down' and 'take your time' and 'stop and look around'
>>
Just stop playing first person shooters
>>
>>384123353
>>384118946
I like to go fast and find a position from where I can flank them while they get distracted by my idiot teammates who meet them head on.
>>
>>384118825
First you need to determine what the problem is. Some common problems include lag, shitty teammates, and cheating opponents. Once you've identified the problem, the next step is to inform your teammates of it, preferably as loudly and as obnoxiously as you can. Next you need to insult your teammates, especially if they are doing much better than you or if they are on the other side of the map no where close to you. This helps motivate them to do better. Finally, you need to complain to your teammates every time you died that your death was unfair, or that the enemy's weapon is overpowered. This lets your team know that your death had absolutely nothing to do with your skill level.
If you can do all of this, you'll be a "pro gamer" in no time at all!
>>
>>384123917
nu-advice for nu-games.
the only thing slowing down doesnt work on is arena shooters, which are dead
>>
File: upset feefees supercut.jpg (1MB, 1250x1300px) Image search: [Google]
upset feefees supercut.jpg
1MB, 1250x1300px
>>384125020
>and cheating opponents

'My enemy is cheating' appears to be the #2 most popular excuse for why you're being destroyed by superior players, aside from 'My team isn't helping me'
>>
>>384123273
a friend is complete garbage at shooters so he just gives up on every single one, but he won't listen when I tell him that high as fuck sensitivity along with mouse acceleration is the reason
>>
>>384125578

>no one flicks with soldier
please don't tell me you're autistic enough that you individually flick each shot on an automatic weapon.
>>
>>384127181
It works on CS
>>
>>384125578
i can't believe anybody can be as insecure as this enumbre douche
>>
>>384118825
play like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PaQk3X6vVM
>>
>>384118825
Is it a team based class shooter or something else? I think positioning and map knowledge is probably something that holds most people back. If a map is new it can help to just run around without other players, or sit back and watch your teammates a little bit to see what they try to do and what's really effective. When you switch teams think about how you would move to defeat someone who moved like what you saw. Once you are comfortable with the map you can play more aggressively, but don't overextend and become reckless. If the map has lots of players crammed close together it's valuable to stick with your teamates, but if things thin out take the time for a more stealthy approach.
>>
>>384127991
This is what they actually do
>keep re-queuing till they get a lobby full of new players and pubstomb
>>
>>384129643
lol no. that guy streams and puts all his shit on youtube. go check his channel he's got daily streams for hours up there where he gets nukes/double nukes.

eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw9ieJXmKrM
>>
>>384123917
why don't you give out some advice then genius?
>>
>>384123917
>bitches about bad advice
>offers none
thinking emoji
>>
>>384118825
fps have changed
in unreal tournament you hit exactly where your mouse is pointing
in those modern shit game there is always some randomizer that will make your bullets spray wherever unless you stand still and awkwardly hold down right mouse button for muh ironsights

so either give up and play that lame way or find some contemporary shooter without bitch ass game mechanics
>>
>>384133036
>he sets iron sights to right mouse click
lol retard. use space for military shooters u ultra pleb
>>
>>384133895
>map it to a different button because it's so much better to hold that one down instead of the other button

sure mate
>>
Destiny the worst for this. Most of the time I can't even identify how or why I died, I just turn a corner and pop. To make matters worse the game insults you with some shitty 385 blue after every match. The misery of playing the game is not worth that.
>>
Literally just follow teammates around.

>allows you to realize where the enemies are more safely because you will see the teammate getting shot from their position or as soon as he walks through that doorway and he will usually turn to face them before dying
>if he manages to land some hits on the enemy they are weakened for you to follow up and kill them
>most people make themselves vulnerable right after they get a kill, such as reloading, running straight over to loot the body, immediately running off to change position, or checking behind themselves to make sure no one heard them, they won't be ready for a second person to pop out literally half a second later
>if your teammate doesn't get killed you can sometimes get an angle on the guy they're shooting at and be the one to deliver the final killshot even if your teammate did 99% damage some games will credit you with the kill
>even if you dont get credited with the kill both of you concentrating fire on one guy is far more likely to kill him and save your ass from death especially if you let him go in the room first so he acts as a human shield for you
>if you luck out and are following a good player he will keep you alive while you can steal some of his kills, you might also learn some tricks from him like the safest way to navigate the maps or the most common camping spots for the enemy side ect
>>
>>384134079
well you aim with the mouse so yeah it makes a difference you fucking shithead. your own words:
>you stand still and awkwardly hold down right mouse button
guess what? your aim is no longer awkward, not that your shit ass ever had aim bitchboy
>>
>>384118825
Stop playing multiplayer FPS games.
Seriously

I used to have 3:1 k/d in CSS no matter what server I joined or what scrim I was playing in. The amount of time, effort, and refinement to get there wasn't worth it.

You will be much more calm if you find something that is relaxing to play instead of somewhere where you tell yourself "I have to have the best k/d ratio".
>>
>>384134836
if everyone presses the ironsight button all the time anyway then they might as well not have it in the game since it's a redundant action
nobody even likes iron sights
>>
>>384118825
All of this'll probably have been said already, but I'm too lazy to check.

-Learn the maps more. Find out what spots are good to shoot from, alternate approach angles, where most of the action usually happens at, etc. Once you do that, learn to prefire spots people like to hide in. Also flanking > head on fights.
-Stay mobile. Strafe when you're holding angles, stopping only to shoot (or, if the game doesn't penalize accuracy while moving, keep strafing while shooting). Even if you're holding an angle and are trying to remain hidden, a lot of FPS games have a crouch or walk option that's silent or almost silent. Strafe a little bit. It helps keep you alert and can help prevent you from getting headshot by an opponent
-Play fast not tanky. It's not a very good game these days, but Combat Arms had the option to use heavy armor at the cost of speed or lighter armor to gain speed. The speed was infinitely better because it allowed you to get hit far less often. The heavy armor was actually a worse option than default armor because you moved so slowly that you were an easy ass target. Basically the harder target you are to hit, the better.
-Lower your sensitivity. A lot of people who have better k/d ratios have lower sensitivity settings. The way I like to think of it is that I use my whole hand to move the mouse when I want to make larger turns (like 90 or 180 degree swings) and my wrist for more accurate movements. It's a lot easier to aim when you don't have to worry about making really minor mouse movements to aim correct.
-Don't sprint around like an idiot. Sprinting isn't bad, but don't sprint around corners where there could be enemies or sprint so much that you aren't ready to fight a dude.

There are also a bunch of little nuanced things to pick up relating to movement and positioning that you'll need to learn. Just watch what good players do and figure out why they're doing it, then do that yourself.
>>
>>384118825
pick up the armors and mega health
>>
>>384121105
I've been playing fps for 20 years now and my kd is only a little better than OP. It really is a gift some people have.

also
Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.
>>
I started getting a lot better when I started thinking about positioning. You gotta know when to push to an advantage position and when to hold a spot.
Always predict the next location an enemy is coming from and aim accordingly.

Sound is the other thing.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.