[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you like this game? When I was a kid, I loved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14

File: Wrathofcortex_boxart.jpg (25KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
Wrathofcortex_boxart.jpg
25KB, 250x319px
Why don't you like this game?

When I was a kid, I loved this game as much as I loved the Naughty Dog's Crash.

Crash went to shit with Crash Nitro Kart, Crash Twinsinaty was awfully bad too and I didn't buy the next Crash because I was so disappointed by Nitro Kart and Twinsinaty.

If I had to rate the Crash I played.

Crash 1: 9/10
Crash 2: 10/10
Crash 3: 10/10
CTR: 10/10
Crash Bash: 8/10

Crash the Wrath of Cortex: 9/10

Crash Nitro Kart: 2/10
Crash Twinsinaty: 2/10

Crash N Sane Trilogy: 9/10 I wish they add some levels or stuffs from Crash 1, 2 and 3.
>>
Fuck off, Caddicarus
>>
>Twinsanity
>Bad
Sorry, bad taste. But i don't think WoC is THAT bad how people say, it's just isn't good as Warped. But i do admire that they finished that game in like 6 months.
>>
Because I have taste in vidya unlike you
>>
>>384107452
Explain why you don't like Crash WoC.
>>
>>384107230
I hated the 2d water sections(too big spaces.)
The enemy ai is shit
Boss is crunch all the time and he is easy as fuck.
Shit sneaker power
Invincibility does bot make you go any faster.
Graphics aged like shit compared to the original trilogy.
Coco's model and animations are shit IMO
>>
>>384107230
It was pretty good for me

I liked that it was very similar to 3, and I think it's a lot better than people give it credit for and was just another victim of "not same creator so i won't give it a chance!"

Happens a LOT. Game has to be even better than the originals for people to like it.
>>
>>384107550
>Boss is crunch all the time and he is easy as fuck.
All bosses in Crash Bandicoot games are easy except maybe N Gin.
>Invincibility does bot make you go any faster.
Please, you don't dislike a game because of this
>>
>>384107542

Because it looks and play worse than Crash 3 despite being on much powerful systems
>>
>>384107717
I guess you are right about the bosses (also i forgot to add that for example the first boss is easy but fucking irritating because it takes too much time to beat) but the invincibility is a big deal.
What good is collecting aku aku's if i cant go anal on quarter of a level.
>>
bad grafix
bad bosses
recycled level designs
FUCKING WATER MISSIONS
extremely easy
0 gameplay improvements over the last game
>>
File: JUST.png (155KB, 403x318px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
155KB, 403x318px
>>384107230
Loading times
Tsunami
Character models
The fourth boss where Crunch is a skeletal tornado
Some of the special effects look like ass

Voice acting and the Elementals were alright though
>>
File: boys never change.png (523KB, 1000x324px) Image search: [Google]
boys never change.png
523KB, 1000x324px
I still like it, though that's due to it being my first Crash game so its all subjective. Got the original trilogy after that.
I think its just bit worse Warped, so 6.5/10 or something - nothing awfully wrong but nothing groundbreaking either.
>>
How I would've fixed some of the aspects of the game
>Elementals are released after the Time twister blows up
>Steals Cortex from Uka Uka giving Uka Uka masks in levels (Not sure how they would differ from Aku Aku masks though)
>Bosses are all the previous bosses with elementals (Tiny with Ro-Ko, N.Tropy with Wa-Wa, Dingodile with Py-Ro and N.Gin with Lo-Lo) with Crunch using all the masks and having the same moves as Crash as the last boss fight
>Levels are actually themed after the elementals
>You have some of the power ups from Warped at the beginning with some new ones
>>
File: tumblr_ojp8grCd321rjiwsho1_1280.png (939KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojp8grCd321rjiwsho1_1280.png
939KB, 1024x1024px
What's everyone's favourite episode?
>>
>>384107372
Didn't he call the game mediocre though?
>>
>>384107230
When you are 6 years old, the quality of a game is less obvious to you. It's why lots of people say they remember Sonic Adventure being really good and then they replay it and realise what an absolute mess it was.

As for why it sucks
>loading times
>despite having Biff Tannen, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, Luke Skywalker and Wakko Warner as voice actors, they get little chance to have personality as they do not talk during their fights
>too much variety in levels causes there to be a huge lack of consistency in gameplay
>way too many vehicle levels, as well as too many different vehicles
>plane levels are absolute tripe
>coco is not at all fun to play
>animation looks horrendous
>first game to make cortex bright fucking yellow, rather than just a yellowish tan
>>
Hey I liked Wrath of Cortex but having just played Nitro Kart its really fucking good.
>>
>>384109759
See, the Elementals were hyped up to be the things that Aku Aku and fucking Uka Uka feared the most, but none of that came through.

If they actually made the Elementals menacing enough to justify the hype, I would be happy. The closest one who did that was Py-Ro, and that is only because of Hamil
>>
>>384107230
>Crash 1: 9/10

Yep. You have shit taste.
>>
>>384109759
I was like 11-12 when I played both, still young but not super young. Liked both and still do. If you focus on gameplay and collecting it's fun.
>>
>>384109385
The one where Julian is a diaperfur.
>>
>>384110026
Scratch that, I was like 12-14 for Adventure.
>>
>>384107230
>Twinsanity 2/10
Nice bait faggot
>>
>>384110026
>Gameplay

The actual Crash platforming stages, sure, but the fucking vehicle, underwater and coco sections sucked ass. Too bad that outweighs the Crash only levels.
>>
>>384110115
The only ones I remember being a drag were the underwater levels and they sucked in 3 too.
>>
>>384110058
explain
>>
>>384107230

Wrath of Cortex is decent. Obviously not nearly to the quality of the trilogy but anyone whose played those but not this one I'd recommend picking WoC up if you want more.

Thank God for Twinsanity however. Pulled Crash out of the gutter at least momentarily and its genuinely one of my favorite games in the series. I wish it was more replayable and finished, but what's there is a fun adventure that deserved a sequel.
>>
File: 1500195410[1].png (2MB, 1142x642px) Image search: [Google]
1500195410[1].png
2MB, 1142x642px
>>
>>384107230
>Crash the Wrath of Cortex: 9/10
I liked it but I think this is too much, the load times alone are enough to drop it to a 7/10
>>
>>384110645
Not an issue on the xbox version, feel like that complaint needs to die already as a judgement of the game itself.
>>
>WoC: 9/10
>Twinsanity: 2/10

I want what you're smoking
>>
>>384107372
Lol his gf is like 35 and he's raising her kids from another man
>>
File: 1461274342426.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1461274342426.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>384107230
>Crash 1: 9/10
The game got ass level design. I would go so far to say that it's not even a good game.

>Crash 3: 10/10
Better game, but too many meme stages. Half the stages are swimming/riding tigers/riding bikes/running from dinosaurs. With all these shitty gimmicks - its just decent at best-
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Why the fuck does the game have some sort weird plastic, artificial look to it? It's almost like 90's graphics.
>>
>>384112082
Then you compare it to the OG and realize that textures and lighting go a LOOOONNGGG way.
>>
File: file.png (264KB, 532x874px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
264KB, 532x874px
This game had the weirdest looking N tropy.
>green oval shaped eyes
>elongated head with helmet on very top, rather than all around the head like the earlier designs
>Some features are simplified
>>
File: krabs.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
krabs.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
Fucking hell, /v/ I feel fucking pissed. I bought N sane trilogy and I can't even get past wumba island. I feel like the controls have gotten a lot stiffer with this release. But it's been so long since I've played crash, it could very well be my own shit playing. But holy fuck. I haven't been this irrationally angry at a video game in a while.
>>
>>384112391
Where is his giant glove as well? The voice was also horrid but the guy's second attempt is fucking good.
>>
>>384112391
Jesus Christ is like they took a step back with his character design. He looked alot better in Warped and Team Racing and those came out on the PS1.
>>
>>384108841
But the air boss is the only good boss in the game
>>
>>384113109
His Twinsanity design was a LOT better.
>>
>>384107230
because it was multiplat
stay on sony only or fuck off.
>>
>>384107230
I enjoyed it but it was very inconsistent in quality. All the worst parts of Crash 3 without the polish.
>>
Wrath of Cortex is a cheap tactic to imitate what made Warped so good, and it failed greatly.

Twinsinaty was better, but it really should have been in development longer so we got all the cut content.
>>
>>384112082
It looks like a PS1 Crash game.
>>
>>384112082
It's an early 6th gen game that was released on 3 different platforms and developed in roughly a year.
>>
>>384108841
>WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT FUZZHEAD!
>>
I remember playing Crash of the Titans on my DS when I was a kid, and it was fun for like the first week then I traded it back in.

Now I just play Crash 1-3 on my Vita to enjoy a little bit of nostalgia.

I really want to play a "modern" Crash game. Why did they have to make the N Sane Trilogy PS4 only?
>>
You had shit taste as a kid.

Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity are dogshit.
>>
>>384116483
N Sane Trilogy will come to other consoles later
>>
>>384107230
>Crash went to shit with Crash Nitro Kart
What? Of all the post-ND games, why Nitro Kart? It plays almost exactly the same as CTR.
>>
>>384107372
He called the game mediocre, the fuck are you talking about, man?
>>
>n sane trilogy
>i wish they add stuff from crash 1-3

wat
>>
>>384116483
I had Titans on DS, it was actually better than the console versions iirc and the level designs reminded me of classic Crash in parts.
>>
>>384116792
The controls are unbearably stiff compared to CTR.
The rest of the game is decent I guess. Most of the tracks are just rehashes.
>>
>>384116905
Not to mention he actually does the proper dance instead of whatever the fuck the console version is.
>>
>>384107230
I remember when this game came out, everyone was complaining about the load times. Also, everyone had a PS2 back then and no one gave a shit about Xbox, despite what revisionists will tell you.
>>
>not liking Twinsinaty
>not liking the music
>not liking Dingodile's boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7GZ_h1_fDQ
>>
>>384117246
Yes, Twinsanity is shit.
>>
>>384116905
> level designs reminded me of classic Crash in parts
Would be that possible to hack and edit the game to remove the titan sections and replace them with ol' crash sections?
>>
Twinsanity has pretty good boss themes. Actual level themes... eh, it can vary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kWE_WHRbmI
>>
>>384117246
I hated that entire part of the game. Boiler Room Doom, the Academy of Evil, etc... Dingodile was solid though, almost made it worthwhile.
>>
THE GENERATORS
>>
>>384107230
>>384107230
I do like it, it's just a bit flawed. But it was rushed by the publisher so I don't fault the devs for that. Although the slow-ass grate-climbing speed was unforgivable.

The music was pretty great too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7G2yu3UTKU

>>384107550
>The enemy ai is shit
Like Crash enemies were ever intelligent. They all ad set movement paths.
>>
>>384108841
>Loading times
PS2fag detected
>>
>>384109090
>Levels are actually themed after the elementals
They were though.
>>
>>384111962
>meme stages
Do you even know what meme means, buddy?
>>
>>384118214
Tell me how Castles, Jungles, Tornados or snow related to the Earth Elemental.
>>
>>384117845
In which level?
>>
>>384107230
As shit as WoC was, at least the OST was kind of unique for a Crash game.
>>
>>384118418
tornado alley
>>
>>384118405
I thought you meant the boss levels.

Every world did have one level themed after the elemental though.
>>
>>384118539
That level's easy though. It's the space station one that sucks. I think it has broken coding or something because you can get killed when you're not even close to low health.
>>
>>384107230
Played it when it first came out, not awful, but not great either. Basically played like a worse version of Warped. Once I beat it, I was pretty much done with it

>>384111962
>meme stages.
use real arguments
>>
File: popplio gay.png (61KB, 339x337px) Image search: [Google]
popplio gay.png
61KB, 339x337px
This game's a fucking rollercoaster. When it's good it's good, but when it's bad, it's bottom of the barrel trash. Fuck the ball levels, fuck the underwater levels, fuck the Coco levels, and fuck the shit bosses.
>>
>>384118683
>Fuck the ball levels
Bamboozled was fun though.

>fuck the Coco levels
Banzai Bonsai was a good level.
>>
>>384118919
One good level for each doesn't salvage the other shit ones.
>>
>>384107230
>Game itself is visually unappealing, even at the time it was released
>Music is ok-ish
>Crash 3 Warp Room clone
>Coco having said Warp Room in the basement
>Long as fuck loading screens
>Ball levels suck
>Underwater levels are worse than the ones in Crash 3
>Vehicle levels are meh at best
>Castle levels are probably the most boring levels in the game
>Coco getting away from a Tsunami on a fucking Scooter
>Crunch's fights are terrible
>The best level in the game is Gold Rush and maybe Cortex Vortex
>>
>>384118683
>Hating on the ball levels
>>
>>384119093
Damn right I'm hating on them. Fuck this trash gimmick.
>>
>>384119027
>Music is ok-ish
Music is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km8CKs8nS0A

>Coco having said Warp Room in the basement
The Warp Room was in VR, you pleb.

>Ball levels suck
Only the snow and castle ones suck. Jungle and Space ones were fun.

>Long as fuck loading screens
Only in PS2 version. This is basically a meme form Sonyfags now.
>>
I tried picking it up on Gamecube to see what all the Crash hype was about (PS1 emulation is a joke), load screens were kinda long, game looked bad, cutscenes were a drag, game was also boring as fuck and this is coming from the guy who 100%ed some random Fairly Odd Parents game.

Nah this sucked, Twinsanity was good when it wasn't softlocking me out of progressing no matter what though.
>>
File: fuck u say.jpg (139KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fuck u say.jpg
139KB, 1000x1000px
>>384119672
>PS1 emulation is a joke
PS1 emulation has to be one of the most consistent.
>>
>>384120008
Bullshit, you either get that ancient espxe thing with way too many settings to fuck with or you use Mednafen which couldn't even bother to have a GUI, 3rd party ones suck dick too.
>>
>WoC 9/10
>twinsanity 2/10
how does it feel to have shit taste?
>>
>>384120103
Just fucking use Retroarch, you sperg.
>>
>>384120150
Should have been both 2/10
>>
File: Dolphin-Emulator.png (100KB, 1797x855px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin-Emulator.png
100KB, 1797x855px
>>384120201
Oh fuck that noise, fucking PS3 menu wannabe piece of shit. All of the "cores" are inferior and outdated compared to the standalone emulators.

Fucking hell emulator devs, take a note from my friend here. This is how you fucking do an emulator.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
*Blocks your path*
>>
>>384121174
I fucking hated that boss.
>>
>>384121174
pls move
>>
Every Crash after ND was bad and every Spyro after Insomniac was bad
>>
>>384120406
>Dolphin
It really is one of the best emulators out there.
>>
>>384107230
And when I was a kid I hated Wrath of Cortex and loved Nitro Kart, same with Twinsanity
Your point?
>>
I hated this game even when I was a kid.
>>
>>384122729
>Every Crash after ND was bad
Retard.
>>
>>384118110
>Like Crash enemies were ever intelligent. They all ad set movement paths.
Not on the newer games. Twinsanity even makes fun of this, pointing how silly and retarded it was
>>
It's not really a bad game per se, It just doesn't really match up to the original trilogy.

>>384109090

This is a good start.
>>
>>384111962
>meme stages
You phrased this like a retard. If you'd said gimmick stages, you'd have been more credible.
>>
>>384119123
>implying plane levels were better
Shit taste

>>384121174
What? That was the easiest boss battle in the game
>>
>Controls are really slippery and loose
>Camera doesn't seem to know what it wants to follow, swinging around Crash several times to try to show off the new hardware's 3D capabilities.
>Way too many vehicle sections
>Lighting makes the game look dingy and dark, underwater levels are especially guilty of this on top of already not being fun. In some sections, the lack of shadows messes with perception of where certain hitboxes are which leads to some undeserved deaths.
>All past bosses that appeared get demoted to regular enemies -- including fucking Cortex and Uka Uka -- in favor of Crunch.
>Stiff voice acting and the overall scenario doesn't really hold together. "Riiiight, the elementals"
>The game is unashamedly just an attempt to be Warped 2. The warp room, the relics, and even the fucking music. Yes, Warped was good, but it's like they didn't even bother trying to make something new with the series and instead just a cash grab for the new console generation.
>Tiptoe is useless. Fruit Bazooka controls are awkward now.
>Time Trials don't take away pre-existing Aku-Aku masks so they're trivial.
>>
What are you talking about? Even as a kid I thought this game was trash. Fuck this game.
>>
>>384124220
>Way too many vehicle sections
But you like Warped.

>including fucking Cortex and Uka Uka
No they don't. They only appear in the last boss fight.

>Fruit Bazooka controls are awkward now.
The fruit bazooka is for scrubs anyway.
>>
>>384125107
>But you like Warped.
While I enjoyed Warped, it didn't have nearly as many vehicle stages as Wrath of Cortex did. WoC relied way too much on having stages that were half platforming and half vehicles to try to offer ~variety~. In small doses that would've been greatly appreciated, but there were simply way too many, almost half of the stages incorporated some vehicle gimmick into them, compare with Warped only doing that with around 20% of the stages.
>No they don't. They only appear in the last boss fight.
You know, I still find it really insulting that the final boss of the past 3 installments gets demoted to a footnote during the actual final battle where the only reason he gets attacked at all is because Crunch arbitrarily punches Cortex into where Crash is.
>The fruit bazooka is for scrubs anyway.
Be that as it may, it still controlled like ass since they were trying to go for the whole (((wow 3D)) angle instead of just a straight reticle like how Warped did
>>
>>384122841
It is bar none the best emulator, I used to be a staunch hardware person and since I started using Dolphin I haven't touched a Wii or Gamecube in 2 years.

Hey every emulator dev ever: Copy Dolphin.
>>
>>384107230
because it is inferior in every way when put next to the originals

>"when I was a kid, I loved it"
what am I supposed to think? I also loved a lot of shitty games when I was 10 or something
>>
>>384126096
PPSSPP is right up there with dolphin in terms of being the best optimized emulator
>>
>>384126676
It's not just the optimization, it's how easy it is to use, how frequently major new shit gets added. PPSSPP is pretty good but it's no Dolphin.
>>
>>384107230
Because we weren't kids during the PlayStation 2 era and that means that we don't have a retarded outlook on video games like you do.
>>
>>384126073
>While I enjoyed Warped, it didn't have nearly as many vehicle stages as Wrath of Cortex did. WoC relied way too much on having stages that were half platforming and half vehicles to try to offer ~variety~. In small doses that would've been greatly appreciated, but there were simply way too many, almost half of the stages incorporated some vehicle gimmick into them, compare with Warped only doing that with around 20% of the stages.
Warped has 15 vehicle levels, with 11 being in the main warp room. Not saying WoC didn't have more but you're really downplaying how many Warped have by saying it was only 20%. I honestly think it's a bit disingenuine to dismiss levels that had platforming in them because of having a vehicle section in one part. Like the jungle level in world 2 had that jeep section but I felt it complemented the level fine.

>You know, I still find it really insulting that the final boss of the past 3 installments gets demoted to a footnote during the actual final battle where the only reason he gets attacked at all is because Crunch arbitrarily punches Cortex into where Crash is.
I was just insulted how much a joke Cortex was in all three ND games' final boss fights, especially 2's. N. Gin blew him out the water in both of his fights; I don't know you'd want to fight Cortex as the final boss yet again.

>Be that as it may, it still controlled like ass since they were trying to go for the whole (((wow 3D)) angle instead of just a straight reticle like how Warped did
I haven't played warped in forever so I forgot how the cursor was 2D in that one. I'll admit the bazooka sucked harder in WoC but to be honest it was always a gimmicky power.
>>
>>384108841
>any crash voice acting
>alright
Voice acting fags, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
RIGHHHTT THE ELEMENTALS THATS IT
>>
>>384111008

Yeah. I'd be more like WoC 6/10 and Twinsanity 5/10.

Twinsanity did more harm to the series and its fanbase than WoC
>>
>>384111810
Is she hot?
>>
>>384127478
I remembered how many there were. I didn't really count the tiger stages strictly because rideables have been a thing since Crash 1. 13 was still a lot of the stages.
WoC however still suffers from having way too many vehicles that didn't need to be a thing. Swimming was already unfavorable but now there's a submarine for those stages as well, there are the 2 plane-like stages, there's the stinger which got used fucking once, rolling-ball stages play absolutely nothing like Crash (although I did like the concept behind them, the stages weren't that fun), Minecart sections, that pump-lever minecart, the mech, scooter, jeep, snowboard, propeller jetpack. No matter what way you slice it, there were just more vehicles that didn't need to be there. Also, they really were pushing it with the amount of platforming stages that transitioned into a chase sequence on a vehicle. At least with Un-Bearable in Crash 2 it was a 1 time ordeal that used the polar bear controls that you should've already been familiar with on top of the entire stage already being a giant chase.
>>
It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It has its issues but a lot of the hate for it is misplaced anger with Universal.
>>
File: cortex.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cortex.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>384107230
the only think bad about twoc is the charecter models imo.

>Crash Nitro Kart: 2/10
>Crash Twinsinaty: 2/10
cmon now that's not fair
>>
>>384128430
>I didn't really count the tiger stages strictly because rideables have been a thing since Crash 1.
Well they should count. Even if they've been around since the beginning they are still vehicle levels.

>rolling-ball stages play absolutely nothing like Crash (although I did like the concept behind them, the stages weren't that fun)
Bamboozled was fun. It was the other ones that sucked.

>Minecart sections
I didn't mind that at all. I thought that was a pretty memorable start to that level (which I liked). The only other time you encounter one besides Compactor Reactor is Ghost Town. It's a pretty simple thing to control.

>that pump-lever minecart
See, stuff like that I don't even really care about enough to dismiss a level that was overall platforming focused. That section was so short and lasted about twenty seconds.
>>
>>384128918
>See, stuff like that I don't even really care about enough to dismiss a level that was overall platforming focused. That section was so short and lasted about twenty seconds.
I'm not dismissing the entire stage, it's just that they decided to dedicate time towards programming a thing that lasted half a minute in the middle of an otherwise decent stage. They intended it to function as a breather intermission, but it wound up just being awkward to control when you first reach it and otherwise a big speed bump when you're doing the time trial. Had they done something interesting with that mechanic I'd be fine with it existing, but they didn't. It's just there to take up space and time that otherwise could've been put towards more platforming, or a gimmick that had some sense of longevity to it.
The stages that opened with a vehicle are okay, but ultimately I felt like those sections were less memorable on the whole. The underwater stages and the stage that started with an underwater section all bled together since they all look the same and the stage designs are so bland. Meanwhile the underwater base with the platforming was far more memorable and fun. Gotta say, opening the stage with a vehicle really makes time trials into a chore for those stages since they just feel so goddamn slow.
>>
>>384128131
Nah.

his sister is though
>>
>>384118595
I remember reading online when I was little that there is a glitched "black hole" area in the level that insta kills you.
>>
>>384121174
I was stuck on this boss for months when I was a kid. After I beat him I think it took me like just a week to finish the rest.
>>
>>384123327
He isn't wrong.
>>
>>384129978
>Had they done something interesting with that mechanic I'd be fine with it existing, but they didn't.
What would you do to fix it? Honest question, I can't really think what could make the pump thing mechanically interesting.

>The underwater stages and the stage that started with an underwater section all bled together since they all look the same and the stage designs are so bland.
Maybe because I just played it a lot but the underwater base stage's start looks pretty different from the other two fully underwater levels. And while I didn't like the fully underwater levels the first one was very colourful, so I wouldn't say it looked bland.

>Meanwhile the underwater base with the platforming was far more memorable and fun
That was one of my favourite levels and I love the song that played on it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYiRdINScI). But yeah the underwater part of it was rather weak, although I think it did work with how it was like you sneaking into the base via the water.

>Gotta say, opening the stage with a vehicle really makes time trials into a chore for those stages since they just feel so goddamn slow.
Some of them were, but I think the minecart one had a good speed.

Look, I know it's not a great Crash game, but it was a part of my OG Xbox days (and before anyone says, no, it wasn't my first Crash. I used to play Crash 2 a lot at my aunt's) and I still enjoyed the experience. There are some levels I found to be very memorable (Bamboozled, Compactor Reactor, Banzai Bonsai, Crash and Burn) Honestly some of the problems just come from the game being rushed by Universal. I'd love a remaster to fix some of it's flaws someday. Not a full-on remake like N. Sane Trilogy, but just a new coat of paint and fixes to vehicle controls and that painfully-slow climbing speed. And let Coco have all the powers like Crash does.

>>384131130
But he is. The ND purists are retarded to the point where they even hate Crash Bash because "muh ND".
>>
i thought it was alright. the bionic suit amazed me as a kid. i actually really like the level design. still for me its 2 > 3 > w > 1 > twinsanity > ttr. i never played 1 as a kid so everything different about it isnt positive for me. twinsanity was buggy as hell. ttg iirc you start on a beach or something. terrible game,all i wanted to do was race karts.
>>
>twinsanity
>2/10
opinion discarded
>>
>>384131403
Crash Bash is a mediocre game. Go fuck yourself for defending Traveller Tale trash.
>>
>>384110237
the underwater levels were the best thing about 3
>>
>>384107230
Haven't played it in probably 15 years so I don't remember much, but the only problem I can remember is the loading times taking forever. Otherwise I wouldn't mind revisiting it.
>>
>>384107230
I do like it, but the characters look fucking weird and some levels are worse than warped
>>
>>384131471
>Crash Bash is a mediocre game.
Sure think, ND fanboy. Go buy their latest movie.
>>
>>384131739
what bad warped and wrath levels
>>
>>384131824
I played Crash Bash all the time when it came out and yeah, it's a solid party game, but it's not great
>>
Crash 1 is the only good game among the first three. The others are way too forgiving and easy.

CTR is kinda fun in a mindless way, I guess.
>>
>>384132373
>harder = better
ok
>>
>>384132567
Well I certainly didn't play it for the story.
>>
>>384131403
>What would you do to fix it?
The minecarts were more interesting than the pump cart. But even then the minecarts were quite literally on-rails. Crash isn't a series about being on rails, so having that little control outside of tilting left/right feels completely alien. Even the rideable animal stages had greater level of control over your position as you could not only move left-right along the entire play space, but you could jump as well (with later games adding in the dash). The minecarts are just too restrictive in comparison to what it has to live up to. I would've scrapped those sections entirely and replaced them with a standard rideable, but I can respect them for what they were rather than what they could have been. Just feels like missed potential.
>I think the minecart one had a good speed.
When going for platinums, the vehicles were the least fun part of the stages since it was mandatory slowness compared to the platforming. Once you had the vehicle section down pat, it was just a buffer before you got to the real meat of the stage. Even though the minecart itself moved at a decent pace, it was so linear in how little you had to do with it that it felt like fluff.
>I'd love a remaster to fix some of it's flaws someday. Not a full-on remake like N. Sane Trilogy, but just a new coat of paint and fixes to vehicle controls and that painfully-slow climbing speed.
Me too, although I'm more radical in that I'd want them to retcon a lot of the lame decisions in favor of bringing it in line with the original trilogy's storytelling.
Honestly, I'd love to see a Twinsanity revamp (with the cut content) approached in a similar manner as Crash 1. The story itself was linear like the stages in 1, being able to fast-travel to any individual section of the game via the map would save a lot of time. And the open-world didn't help much, it was the linear stage design that really shined, so why not go whole ham.
>>
>>384132362
>it's a solid party game
>but it's not great
How can something be solid if it isn't great?

>>384132373
>Crash 1 is the only good game among the first three.
Crash 1 is the weakest and even the devs admitted they had no idea what they were doing. Low effort bait, try again.
>>
>>384132373
I used to think Crash 1 was hard as hell when I was a kid but replaying through it recently (the original, not the N. Sane Trilogy), I realize that the game showers you with a fuckton of lives. If you can go a stretch of 3 or 4 levels with only a few deaths each, you'll probably rack up 20+ lives which should be more than enough to figure out how to do whatever difficult parts are in the levels ahead.

Not saying Crash 1 is bad, it's just not terribly unforgiving either outside of a few of the gems.
>>
>>384107230
Twin Sanity was perfect and anyone who thinks otherwise is a literal faggot. Burn you bundle of sticks.
>>
>>384127685
Cortex was voiced by Lex Luthor.
>>
>>384133531
Yes, and if you get the green gem (one of the easier colored ones IIRC) then you can use a shortcut in one level on the third island that skips the entire level and gives you dozens of lives. I wasn't saying the game is hard, just that its successors are too easy.
>>
>>384128010
>Twinsanity harmed the fanbase

...?
>>
>>384133756
Lol, Twinsanity was buggy and incomplete. It was cool but don't even pretend it's anywhere near perfect.
>>
>>384132924
Solid as in it doesn't have any real glaring flaws, but it doesn't have many huge positives going for it either. I mean I only remember liking the polar bear game and the pinball. Everything else I was just ok with

>>384133531
Well it's still hard because it's easy to die which can make getting the gems a bitch because those had to be done in one life(which is something I glad they dropped for the most part), but yeah the game throws so many lives at you that getting a game over is pretty tough to do
>>
>>384132767
>I would've scrapped those sections entirely and replaced them with a standard rideable, but I can respect them for what they were rather than what they could have been. Just feels like missed potential.
See, I'm having trouble picturing a animal ride for Compactor Reactor. The minecart really worked for that level since it was a mining facility.

>Me too, although I'm more radical in that I'd want them to retcon a lot of the lame decisions in favor of bringing it in line with the original trilogy's storytelling.
Such as?

>Honestly, I'd love to see a Twinsanity revamp (with the cut content) approached in a similar manner as Crash 1. The story itself was linear like the stages in 1, being able to fast-travel to any individual section of the game via the map would save a lot of time. And the open-world didn't help much, it was the linear stage design that really shined, so why not go whole ham.
I'd like to see the full Twinsanity we were meant to get too but I don't thing they'd cut the open-world stuff, even if it didn't really work. That really bugged me when I went to the starting area after getting out of the cave level and had to replay the first three levels all over again because the game replays the cutscenes if you go back to levels you've already done.
>>
>Visuals looked god-awful after the excellent art direction the previous games had, and looked off.
>Load times on the original PS2 version made it almost unplayable.
>Physics and movement were the wonkiest shit I have seen in a crash game. People complain about the Crash 1 remake, but EVERYTHING was off in WoC, including wonky hitboxes and dying in weird spots.
>Game felt like a far worse version of Crash 3.

To be fair, I don't think the levels were the worst thing ever and had some OK things, but everything surrounding the game made it unplayable in my book.

I really don't know why they gave it to Traveler's Tales, a studio that back then was known for being mediocre and only got anywhere due to the lego games.
>>
>>384134004
The green gem is acquired on The Lost City. It's not that hard but I'm many would have went back fro the gem later on instead of getting it straight away, especially in the original game with how the save system works.

>>384134454
I loved the Crate Crush and Tank Wars levels.
>>
>>384130791
Really? I'll have to look that up. It would explain so much.
>>
>150 replies
Summeeeeeeeeeer
>>
>>384135245
>stop talking about vidya
>>
Hey remember Crash of the Titans?
>>
>>384134702
I meant more along the lines of a minecart not on any tracks, basically removing the on-rails part of it.
>Such as?
The elementals felt like such a cop-out introduction, the delivery of the voice lines regarding their introduction just made them feel even more forced. The crystals and gems were already used in Crash 2, so they should've been some other collectable trinket. The relics made sense in context of the time twister and N. Tropy, why they're here is just a holdover from the previous game.
>>
better question
why do people like crash bash?
it's just slight variations of like 5 minigames total and they all require a ton of luck to get the gems and relics
>>
>>384136450
>The elementals felt like such a cop-out introduction
Not denying they were rather underutilised, but you know Uka Uka's debut was a bit of a cop-out too. Not his existence, but the whole "Cortex was working for him the entire time" thing.

>I meant more along the lines of a minecart not on any tracks, basically removing the on-rails part of it.
That seems like it's be pretty odd. Might as well just make it the jeep at that point.

>The crystals and gems were already used in Crash 2, so they should've been some other collectable trinket.
Gems were already in Crash 1 and there's a different amount of them in each game. I don't think there's a set amount of them like the Crystals where there has only ever been no more than 25.

>The relics made sense in context of the time twister and N. Tropy, why they're here is just a holdover from the previous game.
The relics aren't really a "canon" item. They don't actually have a story role like Crystals and Gems. While they were added in a time travel game, I don't think the idea of time trials should be ditched just because it isn't a time travel game anymore. Also, N. Sane trilogy added them to Crash 1 and 2 anyway.
>>
>>384137479
Because it's fun, you faggot.

The variations are basically different level types that flesh out each minigame more and allow for different gimmicks and strategies.
>>
>>384137582
fuck off
I want to see you try and do the pogo challenge where you can only score by stealing squares
and then look me in the eye and say you're having fun
>>
>>384107230
It took 5000 years to load a level
>>
>>384137940
Gem and Crystal challenges aren't compulsory you fag

>one example
Wew, that's like trying to say any of the ND games are bad because of one level.
>>
>>384137508
I mean yeah Uka-Uka being introduced did kinda just pop out of nowhere, but the Elementals themselves...Just listen to Uka-Uka, Cortex, and Aku-Aku refer to them, those lines were so lazy. If anything, they should've been part of Uka-Uka's plan from the start rather than showing a literal line graph to Cortex and co. similar to how the Time Twister was part of Uka's plan in having recruited N.Tropy and ensuring that Cortex doesn't fuck this one up.
>That seems like it's be pretty odd. Might as well just make it the jeep at that point.
Well that's what I'm getting at. Having that freedom of motion makes linear sections more engaging since there's varying degrees of control rather than a strict left/right/center that minecarts had.
>Gems were already in Crash 1 and there's a different amount of them in each game. I don't think there's a set amount of them like the Crystals where there has only ever been no more than 25.
If you want to go by game canon, the 100% ending of Crash 1 isn't canon, so it can be assumed that Crash just didn't get the gems until Crash 2 at which point it became a point of interest for Brio.
>The relics aren't really a "canon" item. They don't actually have a story role like Crystals and Gems. While they were added in a time travel game, I don't think the idea of time trials should be ditched just because it isn't a time travel game anymore. Also, N. Sane trilogy added them to Crash 1 and 2 anyway.
Not saying time trials should go at all, but just that a different collectible would've made sense. If they kept N.Tropy as an important element of the game then it can be handwaved as being another relic of his presence similar to how CTR has the Tropy ghosts in time trial mode. I'm still mad about him, Dingodile, Tiny, and N.Gin being delegated to being mere obstacles in the rolling ball stages or opposing pilots in the plane-based stages.
>>
>>384109385
The LOTR one is a godsend
>>
>>384136269
isn't the only good thing about that game anything involving N.Brio?
READ THE BIBLE, I INVENTED IT
>>
>>384140024
You're thinking of Mind over Mutant. Crash of the Titans is the one that completely fucked with Tiny's appearance and gave him a Mike Tyson voice.
>>
>>384138728
>If anything, they should've been part of Uka-Uka's plan from the start rather than showing a literal line graph to Cortex and co. similar to how the Time Twister was part of Uka's plan in having recruited N.Tropy and ensuring that Cortex doesn't fuck this one up.
That's a good idea actually. I thought you were saying you wanted them gone completely.

>Well that's what I'm getting at. Having that freedom of motion makes linear sections more engaging since there's varying degrees of control rather than a strict left/right/center that minecarts had.
I liked the challenge the minecart offered; made it different from a straight up regular vehicle. I guess were just gonna have to disagree on this one.

>If you want to go by game canon, the 100% ending of Crash 1 isn't canon, so it can be assumed that Crash just didn't get the gems until Crash 2 at which point it became a point of interest for Brio.
True, but still Crash 2 and 3 had a different amount of gems so I don't think you can really say it's far-fetched for their to be more of them.

>Not saying time trials should go at all, but just that a different collectible would've made sense. If they kept N.Tropy as an important element of the game then it can be handwaved as being another relic of his presence similar to how CTR has the Tropy ghosts in time trial mode.
How are the relics tied to N. Trophy in Warped exactly?

>I'm still mad about him, Dingodile, Tiny, and N.Gin being delegated to being mere obstacles in the rolling ball stages or opposing pilots in the plane-based stages.
I do think that was pretty dumb. I don't mind the idea of Crunch being every boss fight though. It was different and I thought it interesting how the Elementals served as augmentations for him.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.